THANTOPHOBIA ① g.weasley

By TheUnknownBrokenGirl

❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love... More

THANTOPHOBIA
prologue
YEAR ONE
year one: diagon alley
year one: off to hogwarts
year one: feasting
year one: greasy-haired potions
year one: remind me
year one: new quidditch recruit
year one: children out of bed
year one: feathers and bludgers
year one: troll in the dungeon
year one: first games
year one: birthdays
year one: christmas
year one: mirror of erised
year one: fist fights and howlers
year one: stutters
year one: dragons
year one: caught
year one: lost point days
year one: forbidden forest
year one: we have your back
year one: puzzles
year one: book of memories
YEAR TWO
year two: andromeda tonks
year two: rescue mission
year two: i got a secret
year two: lockhart the loser
year two: truth from cousins
year two: cornish pixies
year two: barfing slugs
year two: the voices
year two: a chamber of secrets
year two: crazy rogue bludger
year two: hufflepuffs and duelling clubs
year two: an angry father
year two: diaries of a teenage boy
year two: cancelled quidditch
year two: spiders
year two: fool and fraud
year two: tom marvolo riddle
year two: second kisses
YEAR THREE
THE PROPHECY
year three: new addictions
year three: crookshanks the mini tiger
year three: they suck the emotion
year three: bitchy slytherins
year three: taking a hit for a cousin
year three: spottings
year three: boggarts
year three: cedric knows all
year three: big brothers
year three: 394
year three: dementors in the playing field
year three: godbrothers
year three: family is family
year three: letter from sirius orion black
year three: expecto patronum
year three: murderer fathers
year three: snape hates hope
year three: quidditch final
year three: sirius orion black
year three: truth is revealed
year three: free once more
year three: lupin-black household
YEAR FOUR
year four: sneaking around
year four: ton-tongue toffees
year four: drama days
year four: quidditch world cup
year four: dangerous turns
year four: last days of summer
year four: triwizard tournament
year four: drama queen lee
year four: beauxbatons and durmstrang
year four: the four champions
year four: mean girls and best friends
year four: best friends split
year four: the first task
year four: love is in the air
year four: hope's truth
year four: the yule ball
year four: shaming articles
year four: the second task
year four: sirius and remus
year four: ivailo krum
year four: the prophecy
year four: the third task
year four: gone
year four: goodbye cedric diggory
END OF THANTOPHOBIA
little teeny tiny author's note
SEQUEL IS UP!
updates!

year three: black dogs

11.9K 447 262
By TheUnknownBrokenGirl

CHAPTER THREE

❛Pardon?❜

The four teenagers stood crowded around a newspaper that Ron held, the Weasley family were on the front cover in front of pyramids. Scabbers rested peacefully on Ron's shoulder.

"Egypt! What's it like?" exclaimed Harry, a wide smile on his face.

"Lots of sand, probably." Hope spoke softly. "With a side of dead Pharaohs."

"It's brilliant, really. Tons of cool stuff like Mummies, Death Masks, Tombs--"

Ron was cut off by Hermione's snarky voice. "You know, the ancient Egyptians worshiped the cat goddess, Bast."

"Yet they didn't worship a rat." added Hope.

The Weasley boy rolled his eyes and pulled out a wand. "I also got a new wand."

The door of the Leaky Cauldron opened to reveal Molly, Percy, Fred, George, and Ginny. They walked in carrying bags from shops, but George dropped both of his bags when he saw Hope.

"George!" she exclaimed, running to his open arms and being embraced in a hug.

"I've missed seeing your face, love." he replied.

Fred just crossed his arms. "You know, I'm here too."

"How could I ever forget you, Freddie?" she gave him a small hug. "I've missed seeing you guys this summer."

Harry frowned and turned to Ron. "George and Hope?"

Hermione smiled. "I think they're cute."

"Jealous, Harry?"

"No, she's like my sister." said Harry. "That's what makes it weird."

Ron shrugged. "Trust me, I had no idea."

Arthur Weasley walked into the Leaky Cauldron next. A newspaper with Sirius Black's face on the cover. Hope immediately looked down and pushed away her muffin.

Molly smiled and put another muffin in front of Hope. "Hope, dear, how has your summer been?"

"Boring, there wasn't much to do. Well, other than annoying my brother."

Mister Weasley made a disgusted face at his newspaper. "There won't be much to do with this enraged murderer on the loose."

"Enraged is a bit much--"

"Have they not found him yet?" interrupted Harry.

Ron smirked and leaned in towards Harry. "The prize must be huge for the person who finds him."

Percy laughed. "He won't be found by a thirteen-year-old boy, it'll be the guards who find him."

"And kill him, hopefully."

Tears clouded Hope's vision as she spoke up. "Kill him?"

"Why yes, that seems the suitable punishment for a murderer." commented Arthur. "Especially one who escapes Azkaban."

"Death shouldn't go to anyone." mumbled Hope, earning the attention of everyone at the table. "You can always reach a form of peace."

George just leaned into her. "You're getting angry again."

She just took a breath and put back on a wide fake smile, then turned towards Percy. "Percy, how has your summer been?"

"It's been fine. I'm Head Boy." he grinned.

"Congratulations, that must be amazing."

Percy only nodded. "I read this book called Law and Literature as well, it's quite brilliant. Have you read anything great?"

"A few books on Dragons. I've looked more into specific species, like Hungarian Horntail, Chinese Fireball, Common Welsh--"

"Might as well call her Charlie." laughed Fred.

Hope narrowed her grey eyes. "They're beautiful creatures, they're magnificent gorgeous things."

"Love, don't you think Dragons are dangerous?" George questioned, looking over her shoulder.

"Misunderstood, George, misunderstood."

Arthur looked to Hope and glanced over at the picture of Sirius Black on the wall. Unless you were looking at the girl, you wouldn't notice the resemblance. But Hope Lupin was almost a twin to the man on the wall, except for the hair color and facial hair.

"Hope, a word, please?"

Arthur and Hope took a walk down the now empty streets of Diagon Alley. Hope felt a feeling of uncertainty as she walked next to her friends' father.

"You know, you look just like him." said Arthur, eyeing another poster. "The Ministry is worried about your family along with Harry."

"Pardon?"

Mister Weasley looked down. "You're the daughter of Sirius Black. They believe that he's after Harry--"

"Dad would never hurt Harry, not while I'm around."

"Hope, he killed thirteen people. Why would he stop there?" he asked.

Her grey eyes met his green. "He's my dad, don't you think I want to believe the best? I haven't seen or heard him in 12 ½ years, all I know is pictures. All I know is stories. And believe it or not, the stories are good."

"Do you have loyalty to him?"

"Of course not." she snapped back. "I have loyalty for my friends and family. The loyalty in which he lacked. But it just taught me that you can't trust no one."

Arthur sighed and looked to his children's' friend. "You can trust us, Hope."

"My papa always told me that you can't trust anyone." Hope sighed. "No matter what."

"Why would he say that?"

She blinked away her tears and just shook her head. "His own love betrayed their friends and the family they shared. It made him lose hope."

Hope Lupin sat on a swing at an empty park, somewhere outside Diagon Alley. A lit cigarette was in her hand as she just inhaled more smoke and blew it out into the air. It gave her the feeling of stress being gone.

"I shouldn't even be here." she muttered to herself.

The black dog from days before showed back up in front of her. It's grey eyes pitiful and face angry as it stared at her hand.

"Hey, you're that dog from the other night." Hope said aloud. "Are you following me? That's kind of weird. Don't you have an owner?"

It's eyes darted from the teenage girl to the cigarette in her hand. She just let out a laugh as she realized what it was trying to say.

"Don't look at me like that, I'm allowed to be here." the dog only gave her a look and she laughed. "I lied, I'm not allowed. Papa would flip, he's too protective since Dad left us. So is Alfie, but he pretends like he doesn't even exist. But, I can't do that, I can't."

The black dog nuzzled it's face into her side and she gave it a wide smile.

"This is going to sound crazy, but as much as I know he did bad. I want to believe he did some good. That he is good." a tear rolled down her pale cheek. "But, he's still bad."

A voice from across the playground spoke up in shock. "Hope?"

"Neville?" she asked back. "What are you doing out here?"

Neville shrugged. "I'm visiting my Uncle Algie."

"I've missed seeing him around, how is he doing?" Hope questioned.

"He's fine." he replied, then his eyes darted to the lit cigarette in her hand. "What's in your hand?"

Hope quickly dropped the cigarette and stepped on it to put it out. "Nothing, nothing. That right there was nothing."

"Don't tell me you've picked up smoking. Please."

Her grey eyes met his hazel. "It gives me a good feeling, Nev."

"It makes you smell awful." he commented, sitting down on the swing next to her. "Does Remus even know you're out here? It's like midnight."

"No, he thinks I'm at Ron's."

Neville sighed and looked over to her once again. "So, where do you plan on going? You can't sleep in a park."

"I don't know, Nev." she laughed. "That slide looks pretty comfy."

"Hope."

The Lupin girl sighed. "I'll walk somewhere."

Neville just stood up and pointed to the house across the street. "How about you come stay with me?"

"Oh, I couldn't intrude--"

The girl was cut off by Neville's frustrated voice. "I'm not taking no for an answer, Hope. You need to shower and throw those things away."

"Shower, yes. Throw away, no."

"It's a filthy habit." he said. "You worry me, you know. First, you go after You-Know-Who. Second, you push yourself too hard. Third, you got close to Slytherins. Which, I won't judge, but what if you get hurt?"

She narrowed her eyes. "I won't."

"You're smoking!" Neville exclaimed. "You're killing your lungs, Hope! And you don't even care. Where do you even get Muggle money?"

"That, my friend, is my own secret." she stood up next to him and grabbed his hand. "Come on, Uncle Algie would love to play a round of Monopoly."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 6.3K 35
---------❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀--------- a james potter love story ---------❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀--------- ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ click on my profile to see outfits and m...
684 34 11
✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ The boy who lived... and The most powerful witch... Stella Black is the daughter of a Mass Murderer.... After the murder of Lily and Jam...
973K 36.3K 124
Samantha Potter lived a normal life. She went to Hogwarts, played Quidditch, and tried to pass History of Magic. But that all changes when she reunit...
53.3K 1.7K 44
You've being told for years about it and now you are finally going to Hogwarts. After meeting a certain slytherin you find yourself falling head ove...