Come What May || Completed ✅

By theayushijain

"Your love is the most precious thing in this world to me, Even death can't stop me from having it.. I'll nev... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23 Season 2
Chapter 24 Season 2
Chapter 25 Season 2
Chapter 26- Season 2
Chapter 27- Season 2
Chapter 28- Season 2
Chapter 29- Season 2
Chapter 30- Season 2
Chapter 31- Season 2
Chapter 32- Season 2
Chapter 33- Season 2
Chapter 34- Season 2
Chapter 35- Season 2
Chapter 36- Season 2
Chapter 37- Season 2
Chapter 38- Season 2
Chapter 39- Season 2
Chapter 40- Season 2
Chapter 41- Season 2
Chapter 42- Season 2
Chapter 43- Season 2
Chapter 44- Season 2
Chapter 45- Season 2
Chapter 46- Season 2
Chapter 47- Season 2
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50- Season 2
Epilogue

Chapter 22

196 11 6
By theayushijain

Ryder's POV

We were in one of the guest rooms of the pack house and currently I was sitting on the edge of the bed and my very scared looking mate was sitting in the middle shivering out of fear. He flinched and cowered away whenever I tried to reach for him.

I know I screwed up big time with my mate. Now, my mate is terrified of me. I don't want that. I want him to love me but it seems impossible at the moment.

What the hell was I thinking when I pushed him away from me? I am a heartless man. I left him after deflowering him. How could I do this to my angel? I hurt his mother in front of him. I don't even want to know how much he hates me right now.

"Charlie." I called him softly and he jumped away to the opposite end of the bed. A heavy feeling settled in my chest, my heart felt like it's constricting inside me. I cannot take this anymore. I want to make Charlie happy. He is my angel, angels should happy and glowing, not sad and depressed.

"Charlie, my baby, I know I have hurt you so much and trust me I regret it very much. It was never my intention to cause you so much pain. It came to me as a shock when I came to know my mate is a male and my mind went into overdrive. I never wanted to make you feel small. I know it doesn't matter how much I regret my actions. The damage has been done but please baby allow me to make it up to you.

I shouldn't have left you that day. You still came to me after that but I pushed you away. I regret it baby, I regret it so much. No explanation can justify my actions towards you. I don't even know how I said that I can move on with someone else when I know it's impossible. You were mine the moment I saw you and I was yours. Please give your stupid mate a chance to redeem himself, to win you back, please my angel." I pleaded with him with tears in my eyes.

He was frozen for a while and then tears streamed down his face like waterfall. His shoulders shook violently and he let out gut wrenching cries. I wanted to rush to his side and hold him in my arms but I don't think he want me touch him at the time. I still decided to give it a try and use another approach.

"Please don't cry baby. I am the one who should cry, I am the one who should suffer, not you. Please give me a chance to treat you right, please give me a chance to be the perfect mate for you." I pleaded and opened my arms for him. It's up-to him now. If he comes to me, I will be glad that he gave me a chance. If he didn't, I will work harder to get him to trust me and consider giving me another chance.

My angel was broken from the inside, he needed comfort, he needed love and right now I was offering it to him. We are soulmates and it is natural for us to seek for each other in the time of need. He jumped straight into my arms, wrapped his arms around my neck and started crying into my chest.

I wrapped my arms around him and brought him as close to me as possible. He cried his heart out in my embrace and so did I. It all was happening because of me. My angel has cried way too much after meeting me. When someone finds their mate, it's the happiest moment of their life but I ruined mine's life. He has been sad since the day he found me.

My angel tried to kill himself. I cannot shake that thought away. What would've happened if he actually did it? How would I ever be able to live if I lost him? No! I did all this. I will never leave my mate and I will never let him leave me. I will fill his life with so much happiness that such thoughts will never cross his mind. I won't let him cry anymore.

I sat down on bed with him on still shaking on my lap. I tightened my embrace on him and he brought himself closer to me as if he couldn't get close enough. I'll let him cry this once. He needs to leave all his sorrow behind after this day. After this, if anyone ever made him cry, they'll have to face the wrath of Ryder Black.

"Uhh.. uhh.. nhh..." my angel tried to speak but he couldn't. His face showed disappointment because he wanted to say something to me but failed. I wiped his tears from his face and cupped his cheeks.

"It's okay baby. No need to be sad. You have been through so much. You need to rest. Don't worry, you'll speak in no time." I cooed at him and he buried his face in my chest again. I held him and kissed his head. I took the water from the bedside table and it to him to drink. He gulped it down in one go.

I ran my hands through his hair while his head was on my chest and I felt his breathing even out after a while. My angel fell asleep on my lap. He was already tired with the long journey and all the crying that happened after it.

I sat there with him in my arms and sniffed him to my heart's content and rubbed my scent on him. Everyone should know that he is my mate and no one has any right on him. We will take care of that Mark tomorrow and then I will take him back with me to the castle and he will always be by my side where he truly belongs.

We don't need this much drama in our life. These mysterious attacks are enough for us. I need to be with Alex as the attacks are getting more frequent. The matter is confidential. We have our suspicions but we don't want to jump to conclusions just yet.

Why are these creatures only attacking the packs that are not under his rule? What do they want? Alex is stressed already because of this. He thinks these creatures will target Berry if they want anything from him. He didn't want to bring her with us but Berry wanted to be here.

I asked Alex to take all the packs under his rule because he is the Alpha King and he can do that but he refused. He didn't want to abuse his power and rule the people who despise him. I think this is not abusing his power, he will be saving the innocent lives no matter what anyone thinks.

We have so much to discuss regarding this matter but we both managed to fuck up our personal relations with our mates and got distracted.

Alex and Berry are doing fine now and I hope everything gets better between my angel and I too.

* * *

Berry's POV

The help brought the food after an hour. We both were resting after taking our shower, separately of course.

"I want to ask something." I said after we finished eating. We both were sitting comfortably on the bed when something came up in my mind. He nodded at me to continue.

"When will I have my wolf?" my mate straightened up in bed and turned to look at me.

"You will have your wolf when your body gets ready for it." He explained.

"And when will my body be ready?" I asked with an audible tremble in my voice. I don't want to be week anymore. I want to have my wild with me so that I could train and get stronger so that I can stand side by side with my mate.

"It will take some time Berry. Once you have your wolf with you, your body will undergo a lot of changes. Your body needs to be fully prepared for that."

"What changes?" my mate sighed and held my hands in his.

"You will go into your first heat after shifting." I gasped at that.

"Wh-what?" my mate nodded, carefully gauging my reaction.

"Don't worry, I won't touch you until you are ready. But you will be exhausted after your heat, it will take a toll on your body. You are not prepared for it at the moment."

"I really want to have my wolf as soon as possible. I want to know how it feels like to connect with someone who is a part of you but still different."

"Different? Who said that? Berry, do you think your wolf will be a different creature living in you?" my mate asks me, looking amused.

"Umm, yeah... we can even talk to our wolf, right?" my mate chuckled and shake his head.

"No, Berry. It is just our primal part. Your wolf is not someone else, It's you. When I say you'll get your wolf it means that your nature will be with you, you wild will be awake. The wolf will not talk to you, it won't have a different mentality, the wolf is you. After you turn into your wolf, you'll be able to think according to our animalistic nature also.

Choice will always be in your own hand but sometime your primal instinct will take over."

"What?" he nodded.

"So, when Ryder said that his beast just chanted him to have his mate, it means it was just..." I couldn't find the right words to express what I wanted to say.

"Yes. Ryder was shocked to see a male as his mate so he wanted to reject him but we are wild beasts and our real nature will never allow us to leave our mate. It is in our nature to want our mate. It's just he couldn't control himself and gave in to his nature and had his mate."

"Oh." He smiled at me.

"Take rest Berry. Tomorrow is going to be one hell of a day."

I understood that he was talking about the discussion we will have tomorrow regarding Charlie. I hope everything goes well. I know what Ryder did was wrong but I still want him to be happy with Charlie. They both deserve their happiness.

We went to bed with lots of thoughts running in our mind. My mate was relatively calm though. He was not worried like I was. But I was scared for Ryder. I'm scared that he will do something that will push Charlie away from him. He already broke his heart and attacked his mother.

Please God, let them both find their happiness in each other.

* * *

Ryder's POV

"Baby, wake up." I gently whispered in my angel's ear who was sleeping soundly on my lap. Someone was constantly knocking on the door. I think our food is here. He stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up. I decided to put him in bed and bring in the food, I'll wake him afterwards.

I slowly settled him on the bed and moved but I couldn't get out of the bed. He clutched to my T- Shirt tightly and started shivering.

"Wake up, wake up my angel." I shook him with a little force and he opened his eyes. He instantly jumped into my arms and started sobbing. He was scared that I would leave him alone here. I could feel his body trembling in my arms.

"Shh baby, I'm not going anywhere. I'll just open the door and bring our food inside, okay?" I said softly but he didn't reply so I just held him close to me. He calmed down after a few minutes and then got out of my embrace and sat on the bed, looking at his lap.

I opened the door and as expected, it was some worker carrying the tray with food. I took the tray and sent him away.

We ate the food in silence, sitting side by side. I put the tray aside after finishing the food.

"Baby, we didn't shower when we came here. I think we should clean up." I nodded. I tried to pick him up but he moved away and shook his head.

"You don't want me to help you?" he shook his head no and ran inside the bathroom.

My innocent angel didn't even take his towel or clothes with him. I chuckled at his cuteness. My mate is so adorable. How could I hurt him like this? Why did I ever try to reject him? I feel blessed that he is allowing me to be near him after I've put him through so much pain. I am one hell of a lucky man that's for sure. I will not waste my chance, I will make him happy and the idea of leaving me will never cross his mind.

I took out his towel and clothes from the bag and knocked at the bathroom door. He opened the door slightly and peeked from inside. I held the towel and clothes in front of him, he snatched them from my hand and shut the door. I shook my head at his antics.

I took a shower after he came out and joined him in bed after that. I picked him up and settled him on my lap with both his legs on my right. I like this position. He didn't even protest and laid his head on my chest feeling sleepy again.

"Baby, look at me." he tilted his head a little and looked straight into my eyes.

"Did he touch you?" he tensed up after hearing my question. I rubbed my hand on his back trying to relax him and pecked his forehead.

"Answer me this once, my angel and we'll never talk about it again. Did he touch you?" he shook his head no. I relaxed.

"All those marks on your body were because you were struggling, right?" he nodded.

"The bite marks?" he looked down and nodded again. Mark was the one who did this to him.

"You ran away before anything could happen?" he immediately nodded.

I kissed his cheek and laid his head on my chest again. My poor baby tried to fight him off. He didn't even care for his life and ran straight out of the pack borders. Anything could've happened. Thank God those creatures didn't get to my angel. This Mark should kiss his life goodbye. He will pay for what he did to my angel.

I wanted to ask my angel why he tried to kill himself but I didn't. I know the answer. It happened because of me. Moreover, he couldn't speak right now and I don't want him to stress. I could feel that tomorrow is going to be very rough for my angel but I will be by his side the whole time. No on will harm my mate.

I placed a soft kiss on his neck and I heard him gasp while gripping the front of my T-Shirt. I want him to smell like me. I want everyone to know he is mine. I started kissing the length of his neck and I could hear his breathing intensify.

My angel...

I gently laid him down on the bed and hovered above him, pining him down under me. I held both his hands above his head and intertwined his fingers with mine. I leaned down and gently kissed his forehead.

"Relax baby, breathe" he closed his eyes and took few deep breaths. He slowly opened his eyes and I could see he was frightened.

"Baby, I won't do anything you don't want me to. I know I don't have the right to have you yet. I will earn that right. I will make love to you when you'll want me to, I promise. I just want to leave my scent on you. Please let me do this my angel, please." I pleaded. He looked at me for a good minute and then nodded, his cheeks and ears turning red.

I started dropping feather light kisses all over his face making him giggle. Even though he couldn't speak at the moment, his cute little giggle was enough to make me swoon over him. I gently kissed his neck and he shivered. I felt jolts of electricity travel down my spine.

I started sucking his neck and his breathing intensified. When I sucked at the area just above where his neck and shoulder meet, he let out a loud moan. I stilled and closed my eyes. I was breathing heavily as I tried to calm myself down. His moan almost undid me. I wanted to rip his clothes and have my way with him but I promised to wait for him.

"Nhh.. uhh..." he made little sounds trying to get my attention. I opened my eyes and looked at him softly. I leaned in closer and closer until my lips were just a feather away from his. I was giving him a chance to push me away but he didn't. He was looking at me with his big doe eyes as if waiting for me to kiss him. I could see it in his eyes that he wanted this so who am I to deny him?

I touched my lips to his ever so softly. It was the most beautiful feeling in the world. Even though I had him already but this felt different. I was loving every single second of it. It doesn't mean that I didn't like it that time, but I was very rough with him then and I didn't even try to think about his pleasure, I hurt him that time but this, this right here was everything I ever wanted.

I traced his bottom lip with my tongue asking for entrance which he immediately granted and I didn't waste a single second and started exploring his mouth. Our tongues intertwined with each other and we got lost in our own land. After a few minutes my angel started to feel breathless and whimpered. I pulled away, giving him time to breathe. I laid down on my back beside him and pulled him to me putting his head on my chest.

"Don't worry baby, I'll be there with you tomorrow. I won't allow anyone to take you away from me. I'm sorry for what I did today, I promise I'll try not to lose my control and I'll apologize to your parents too. We are in this together." I said softly and he nodded. He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Go to sleep baby, you need all your energy for tomorrow." I muttered and kissed his forehead and he was off to his dreamland instantly.

* * *

Berenice's POV

I was pacing around the room frantically. I don't know why but I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something doesn't feel right. I feel like I should have obeyed my mate and stayed at the castle.

"Stop pacing around. We have to go out. Come on, calm down." My mate held both my shoulders to stop me from my frantic pacing and drilling a hole on the floor.

"I- I just feel so nervous. I don't know why, I just have a bad feeling about today. I don't want anyone to get hurt, please tell me everything will be okay, please." I babbled nervously. Urgh! Why am I feeling this way?

My mate held my chin gently and gazed into my eyes. He gave me a soft smile and leaned to give me a peck on my forehead.

"Don't worry my mate, everything will be okay. Nothing bad will happen. I won't let any harm come your way. I will always be with you, I will protect you and my people. Calm down, my beautiful mate. I'm here." My heart thudded after listening to my mate's gentle words. His words were heart felt.

I felt a sudden urge to be in his embrace and never let go. I wanted to shout to the entire world that he is my mate and I love him more than my life.

All of a sudden, he pulled me towards me and gave me a big warms hug. I wanted to melt away in his arms. I wanted to cherish the feeling of having his strong, protective arms around me. The warmth of his body managed to calm my racing heart and my nervousness started to fade away.

I wrapped my arms around him, wanting to be as close to him as possible. I breathed in his scent and snuggled my face into his neck. His hold on me got tighter and he dropped butterfly kisses on my head.

After what felt like eternity, he pulled away and took my hand in his and smiled at me.

"Let's go." I smiled in return and nodded. He was about to walk when I pulled his hand and he stopped and looked at me, as if asking me why I stopped him.

"I love you mate." I said and I felt his face expression change. He gave me a smile so bright that not even Sun can outshine it.

"I love you too my mate." He said and pulled me for a hug again.

I don't know why I suddenly said I love you, but my heart told me to do it. I wanted him to know that I love him and him returning the feelings put my heart t ease.

I guess, everything will actually be okay, as long as he is with me.

We will be okay.

* * *

We were all seated in the meeting room. Ethan, Jon, My mate, Charlie's father, Mark, Ryder, Charlie and I were present. This meeting was kept confidential.

My mate was seated at the center chair and I sat on his left while Ryder was on his right. Beside him sat a very nervous Charlie, holding Ryder's hand for his dear life. In front of them, Ethan, Jon, Mark and Charlie's father were seated.

My heart felt heavy thinking about my mother and father. They were the ones who were supposed to lead this meeting but those vile creatures took them away from me, from my brothers, from my pack.

If I ever got the chance to avenge them, I would. I knew there were many secrets kept away from me. I know there is something dark, something dangerous that is lurking around the corner. I know there will come a time when this topic can no more be avoided. We will have to face our demons. I just hope it won't cost anyone's life. I don't think I can handle more deaths.

"Good morning everyone." Ethan's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Your Majesty, we got a request from Mister Mark Johnson to get his mate back from the royal custody. He says that the royal guards captured him when he crossed the pack border by mistake when they had a disagreement." Ethan explained the situation.

"Who is his mate?" my mate asked keeping a neutral expression on his face.

"Charlie is his mate." My brother replied. A loud thunderous growl resonated in the room and in a flash, Ryder had my brother pinned to the wall with his hand around his throat.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT MY MATE BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE, YOU PATHETIC WOLF!" Ryder roared. He looked like he was ready to kill Ethan. I panicked. I cannot let him kill my brother.

"STOP! RYDER STOP!" I yelled. I was about to run towards him when my mate clutched my arms and stopped me. I looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Stop it Ryder. Look at your mate, he is scared and is crying. He needs you right now. Leave Alpha Ethan alone." My mate said in a stern voice and Ryder dropped my brother and came back to Charlie's side and wiped his tears before embracing him. Jon and I ran towards Ethan and helped him to stand up.

"Are you crazy Ryder? You could've killed him!" I yelled at him. he didn't pay attention to me and was busy sniffing Charlie's neck.

"I apologize my king for what I am about to say." Charlie's father spoke up. Everyone's eyes were fixed on him.

"Speak." My mate gave his permission to him.

"I- I don't th-think that the Royal Be-Beta ha-has the r-right to call my so-son his ma- mate." Ryder growled again but this time my mate gave him a stern look and he instantly stopped.

"You may speak, Ryder will not disturb the meeting again."

"He threw my son away like trash after using him. I saw what he did to my Charlie, I saw how broken he was. My Charlie was not even able to stand up without groaning in pain. Even when he was in pain, he looked for his mate but what happened? His mate pushed him away and threatened to kill him. My Charlie was about to end his life my King. If it weren't for his mother, he would have slit his own throat.

I saw him thrashing around like a lunatic, he begged us to kill him. he said he was a mistake, he said it's his fault that his mate could not accept him, he said he was born wrong. How can I forget all that my King? How can I?"

Charlie's father was crying his eyes out and so was Charlie. Ryder's head was down in shame and I was also shedding tears for the pain Ryder caused Charlie.

"We wanted Charlie to move on from his mate. Mark here, is a very nice young man. He has always had affection for our Charlie. He even confessed his feelings for him to us one day, we didn't agree then. Charlie wanted to find his mate but after everything happened, we wanted to give Mark a chance to make Charlie happy. Is this so wrong, my king? Can I not expect my son to be happy?"

"Whatever happened between Ryder and Charlie is their personal matter. Yes, Ryder made a mistake, but he apologized and your son accepted his apology. Your son is ready to give his mate a second chance. It is their life, let them take their own decision. If Charlie would have rejected Ryder, I would have sent him to you and I would've made sure that Ryder doesn't cause any problems for him but that's not the case here."

"This is not fair to me!" Mark yelled looking at Charlie's father.

"You said that I would get Charlie! The Alpha king is being unfair because Charlie's mate is his Beta. He is not right for Charlie! I am! He took Charlie's virginity and threw him away. We all know how sex crazed these Lycans are. You saw Charlie's condition with your own eyes after his mate discarded him. Charlie is a wolf. His body is not made for a Lycan. His mate will probably kill him within a few months. What if he leaves Charlie again huh?" he yelled at Charlie's father. Everyone was dumbstruck watching Mark's outburst.

I have to give it to him though, he spoke up against his Alpha King. Does he really love Charlie that much?

No! what the hell are you thinking Berry? If he loved Charlie, he never would have assaulted him!

He turned towards Charlie which caused Charlie to cower away in his seed and hold Ryder's hand seeking his protection.

"You tell me Charlie, what will you do if he leaves you again for a woman because he wants to have kids. You and I both know that this will happen so why do you want to be with him? Why not me?"

"YOU TRIED TO RAPE HIM!" Ryder roared.

"WHAT?" Charlie's father shouted. Mark sighed but continued.

"Listen Charlie, I know what I did that day was wrong, I shouldn't have done that but I was furious when you said you didn't want me. I couldn't handle the rejection. Just like you forgave your mate, you can forgive me too right?"

I don't know what is wrong with this man and how in the world is he spouting all this nonsense. Ryder was trying very hard to control himself and not rip him into pieces but this man is just asking for it.

"Control you tongue Mark!" Ethan shouted at him and Mark immediately lowered his eyes and exposed his neck to him in submission.

"B-but Alpha.."

"Enough!" Ethan roared.

"We are here to resolve this matter, I asked the Alpha king to return Charlie whom you claimed is your mate but it's clear now that he is the mate of the Royal Beta so, there is no point in arguing about it."

"No! Let Charlie decide with whom he wants to stay, come on Charlie, tell them you don't want to be with the Royal Beta. Speak Charlie." Mark was getting desperate minute by minute.

Why the hell is he so obsessed with Charlie?

"SPEAK DAMMIT!" he yelled at Charlie which startled him and he got scared. Charlie hugged Ryder and started crying. Ryder's eyes turned golden, he was losing his control while my mate was calmly sitting and looking at all this chaos.

Why is he not doing anything?

"He can't speak." Ryder said in a deep voice.

Oh My God! I have a feeling there is going to be a blood bath here.

"Wh-what?" Charlie's father's voice trembled.

"Yes, he lost his voice because of the shock when Mark tried to.. tried to assault him." I explained to him. I needed to calm everyone down or the result won't be good.

Ryder closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes again, they were back to hazel.

"Mister Wilson, I know I have wronged Charlie in many ways. I almost ruined him, but trust me when I say I regret my actions from the bottom of my heart. I am ready to grovel at your feet for the rest of my life for what I did to your son. I cannot live without him, he is my everything.

I am not asking you to forget everything, I am just asking for a second chance, please let me prove that I can be a good mate to your son."

Charlie's father was shocked to hear this from Ryder and so was Charlie. He was still hugging Ryder but was looking at him with wide eyes. When Ryder turned his attention towards Charlie, he gave him a small smile and kissed his forehead. This action was not missed by Mister Wilson.

"I- I think Charlie really wants to be with you. I just want him to be happy. Please don't hurt him again, I know I can't do anything even if you do hurt him, but please don't. He is my only son, please take care of him." Charlie's father was crying when he finished talking. Charlie got out of Ryder's arms and ran straight to his father and hugged him. the father and son hugged each other for dear life and were sobbing. We let them have their moment. They need it.

"This is not fair! How can you trust this man with Charlie? Don't you know they are sex crazed beasts? He will break Charlie in half! And you Alpha Ethan, how can you let this happen? You should try to save Charlie and your own sister!" Mark yelled. My mate and my brothers tensed at his words and I got confused.

Save me? Save me from what?

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Save you from our Alpha King! Do you know that all the packs are planning to arrange a meeting with him so they can ask him to impregnate you?

Everyone knows about the prophecy. Only the Alpha King's child can save us. The attacks on all the packs are getting more frequent, everyone is scared. They think that those creatures will starting the packs under his rule too. Everyone lost their sensed when we heard the news about our Alpha and Luna's passing.

They want you to pop out a kid as soon as possible. But as we all know, you haven't shifted yet. Do you think you will survive giving birth to the child of such a powerful king?

Everyone knows the Alpha King will do this to save his kingdom, your life is on the line here. We even submitted the request to the Alpha King to give us the permission for the meeting."

I was stunned. Never in a million years I expected such a thing from my pack members. I didn't know what to think at the moment. I just sat there like a statue.

"Berenice." I heard the deep voice of my mate and I looked at him.

"Wh-what is he sa-saying?" I stammered. I was dead scared.

I am not ready to be a mother right now. What the hell is wrong with these people?

"Don't worry about it. Nothing will happen to you. Have faith in me." my mate said in a soft tone and I believed him in an instant. I nodded at him and he wiped my tears I didn't realize have fallen down on my face. He gave me a smile and kissed my forehead.

"Ryder." My mate spoke, still looking at me.

"Do whatever you want to do to him." my eyes widened. He was talking about Mark. I turned my head to look towards Ryder.

Ryder was about to leap towards a dead scared Mark when Charlie ran back to him and wrapped his arms around Ryder's waist.

My brothers were watching the interaction of these two mates with utmost interest.

"Let me go Charlie." Ryder said through gritted teeth and Charlie shook his head rapidly in his chest.

"Don't you want him to be punished? He tried to rape you and you expect me to let him live!" Ryder yelled when he held Charlie by his shoulder and shook him lightly.

"Nhh.. Uhh.." he tried to speak but couldn't.

"We'll put him in the dungeons." My mate spoke up.

Ryder looked at him and smirked. These two are up-to no good. They are definitely going to torture Mark, but he deserves it.

"Guards!" Ryder yelled and four guards entered the meeting room and dragged Mark away. Mark was thrashing wildly and was yelling at us to leave him.

"So, I guess everything is settled now?" Ethan spoke up.

"I want to meet Charlie's mother." Ryder said. Charlie's father then led him and Charlie to the medical wing and Ethan and Jon also left saying that they had enough drama for the day.

"Did you know the people were planning all this?" I asked my mate after we exited the office.

"Yes."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

My mate sighed.

"Because I didn't want to scare you. I won't comply to their request so what is the point of worrying you over such things? I would have just showed these people their places. I am their king and they need to understand that. No one will force you for anything Berry. You have my word."

"Thank you." I said to my mate and kissed his cheek. I flushed red after that and my mate chuckled at me.

"No need to thank me." he said and kissed my cheek in return, intensifying my blush.

"If you kept blushing like that, I wouldn't be able to differentiate between you and a tomato." My mate said and laughed. I hit him on his stomach lightly.

"Umm, I wanted to go on a stroll. Roam around the pack grounds. Will you come with me?" I asked my mate.

"Of course." He agreed. I smiled at him brightly.

"Sorry to disturb your moment with my sister Alpha, but we have a development about these mysterious creatures." Jon came out of nowhere.

"What the hell Jon!" I shrieked at him and he chuckled at me.

"I have to go and attend to this but don't worry, I'll be back as soon as possible." My mate left with Jon.

I guess I have to go alone now.

* * *

I was strolling in the pack grounds near the waterfall and was enjoying the beauty of nature when I heard someone crying. My senses were on high alert.

"Hello! Is anyone here?" I called and moved in the direction from where the sound is coming from.

Ohh... I saw a woman curled into a ball under a tree. She was sobbing hard.

"Hey! Listen!" I called out to her but she continued to sob. I think she didn't hear me. I walked faster to get near her but I didn't notice that I crossed the pack border until I reached her.

Uhh ohh... I have to take this woman and come back inside the border. I can't leave this woman here to die.

"Hey." I called her and put my hands on her shoulders and she immediately went limp.

What the hell! What happened to her?

"Hey, are you okay?" I shook her shoulders and tried to get her up. I felt the temperature around us dropping down.

What the hell!

I started shivering because of the cold. All the trees and flowers around us started to freeze.

"Get up, get up please! We have to move away from here, something is not right!" I shrieked at the girl and tried to pick her up. I felt Goosebumps rise on my body.

Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen?

What happened next shocked me to my core. The girl stood up and snarled at me, her face was not normal, it was like burning ashes. Her eyes were hollow. Slowly her whole body started to transform.

She turned completely black, the ash was flowing away from her face because of the wind. Her hand went to my neck and she started choking me.

I came out of my shocked state when I felt my windpipe constrict in my throat. I started thrashing wildly in her hold when she hauled me up, my feet dandling in the air.

I tried to shout for help but her hold was very firm on my throat and no sound escaped from me. my eyes welled up with tears as reality dawned upon me.

I am going to die today.

I should have listened to my mate, I should have stayed at the castle.

I didn't want our story to end like this. We just started to understand each other.

We were supposed to live with each other forever, we were supposed to have a family together, we were supposed to lead our kingdom together.

I wanted more time with my mate, I didn't want to die. Our love just started to bloom, it was not supposed to end like this. What will happen to my mate when I die? I don't want him to blame himself for my death.

At this moment I wanted nothing more than to bury myself in the warm embrace of my mate. I wanted to tell him how much I love him. I wanted him to tell me he loves me too.

All the strength was leaving my body, I didn't have any energy left to struggle. I was quivering because of the cold, I could feel my hair slowly turning into ice and my life force slipping away from me. My eyes were becoming heavy and my breathing was getting shallow.

This is it then.

This is the end of Berenice Raine.

The curse indeed came true.

I love you mate...

<3 <3 <3

This is it my friends. This is the end of season one.

You all are killing me with the silence! Do comment guys!

Let me know I have readers. 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 6.6K 43
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...
237K 8.1K 65
{Book one of A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale Series} *She pushed herself off of me and sat down in the seat in front of me. "I admit you're insanely a...
534K 13.3K 51
Liberty knew from the moment she was betrothed to Prince Aziel that she would never be happy. She vowed she would stop at nothing to keep herself awa...
385K 9.8K 21
* "It is finally time for me, King of the Alphas, to come out of the darkness of my misery and awaken. For she is calling for me." * Description in b...