Breathe : skephalo

By Toiletowater

(simply isn't gonna fix any spelling/grammar mistakes in this book, so heads up for that. Also, keep in mind... More

Another day. Chapter one
Captured. Chapter two
Breathe, it's okay. Chapter four
Tough times. Chapter five
Repeat : chapter six
Popcorn : chapter seven
Ambien : chapter eight
Huges : cheaper nine
Red and black : chapter ten
Chapter eleven : the moments
Chapter twelve : in awe
Chapter thirteen : eyes
Chapter fourteen : princess
Chapter fifteen : Michael
Chapter sixteen : pizza and dark green
Chapter seventeen : frozen
Chapter eighteen : beeping
Chapter nineteen : the fallen angle
Chapter twenty : the faint line
Chapter twenty-one : finally like normal
Chapter twenty-two : snow
Chapter twenty-three : shirtless
Chapter twenty-four : speeding
Chapter twenty-five: sirens
Chapter twenty-six : drugged up
Chapter twenty-seven : decorations
Chapter twenty-eight : golden
Chapter twenty-nine: one
Chapter thirty: the end
Epilogue

Unsteady breathing, and bad memories. Chapter three

1.3K 58 63
By Toiletowater

3rd person (pov)

The whole rest of the day was just a blur for the young teen. He was confused at the feeling he got when he looked at the tall green-eyed boy. After lunch, the teen and his friend went to the rest of their classes. But the dark hair teen couldn't focus, cause the only thing going through his mind was those eyes, those gorgeous green eyes. But also something else, darker, and it triggered bad memories.

And before he even realized it he had said goodbye to his friend, and was now at the door of his brother's car. He took a deep breath before unlocking the car and got it. A memory flashed in his head making him put his hands up in his hair pulling it, a tear falling down his cheek second later.

Pulling his hands away from his hair he put the key in the car and started rushing home, forgetting completely about having his seatbelt on or the speed he was going in. The tears didn't stop running down his cheeks.

When he stopped in his driveway he was a shacking mess, eyes red from all the crying. He's checks red from wiping the fallen tears. He opened the door and fell out onto the concrete. His breathing was quickening, now hyperventilating. The teen got up leaving the door open and everything in the car as he stumbled over to the front door.

He's shaking got even worse as he got the extra key from under the pot next to the door. He unlocked the door and immediately threw it open, falling on his knees in the progress, hand clutched to his chest as his breathing faster and got harder.

First-person (pov)

Breathe, I thought as my vision started darkening. Mom, mom I need you, please-breathe-I need you here. Stop they aren't here anymore Zak. I want my mommy back, I can't do this-breathe-i need you guys with me-breathe- dad mom, please.. I sobbed loudly dragging myself with the little strength I had more into the house. "m-mommy" I sobbed "dad please need you guys" I cried out even louder. I put my hand up to my hair, they starting pulling as soon as they got the chance.

I started shouting, my voice broken. " I want you guys back" I sobbed releasing my grip on my hair, only to start hitting my head. Make it stop, make it stop, maKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP...

First-person (Isaac pov)

Something didn't feel right. I looked around the classroom, at the teacher, my classmates. I couldn't point out what felt wrong, because but after looking around I realized It wasn't in the classroom. That's when it hit, Zak, he hasn't texted me yet. I looked up at the clock over the door, 2:25 pm. He got home 10 minutes, ago, the realization hit like a punch to the stomach, I need to make sure he is okay.

I shoved my chair backwards as fast as I could, not caring that it made all eyes point at me. I grabbed my bag off the chair and started walking as fast as I could over to the entrance. "Isaac what are you doing?" the teacher spoke but I ignored his question and kicked the door open. The teacher was about to say something again but Tyler interrupted him before he even got the chance. "he needs to go check something that you have no right to know because it's private, now let him go and put whatever punishment you were gonna give him on me and let him go" he looked back at me and nodded giving me permission to leave, before looking back at the teacher again who sighed but nodded, looking back at his computer.

Tyler knows, so does Michael, but Zak doesn't know that. Zak doesn't even remember the hundreds of times I had them over, where mom would make pizza and dad would give us a beer or two even though we weren't old enough to drink. He doesn't remember the movie nights that he would talk nonstop, cuddling into Tyler's hoddie. He doesn't remember that Tyler and Michael were both there when we got tomato. After the accident, he stopped remembering anything that didn't involve mom and dad. Those happy moments we had, he can't remember them. And even if he were to try to remember he doesn't want to, memories are like a poison for him, they do more hurt then anything good.

That night that we were arguing in the car, that night when Zak found out about the sister he was supposed to have, that night when dad looked back, looked back at Zak. That night when we came face to face with the truck that changed our lives forever.

first person (Isaac pov flashback)

"zak we need to tell you something," mom said taking dads hand in her own. Moving her other hand to her stomach. Zak looked up from his phone, clearly a little confused, because every time mom said that it either meant something good or extremely bad. "what is it?" he asked worry washing over his face as he saw their hands linked together.

Mom took a deep breath and looked back at Zak, of course, I knew what she was about to say, they told me yesterday. Zak looked at me, I only smiled in response, showing him that it was not bad news. "Zak, what do you think about having a little sister?" mom said with a bright and loving smile planted on her face.

Zak's face showed no emotion at first but as soon as he realized what mom meant his facial expression turned to excitement and happiness. "am I really gonna be a big brother!?" he asked almost jumping in his seat, a big toothy smile now on his face too." yes you are Zak," dad said as mom chuckled at his excitement.

Zak turned to me, happier than ever, but his smile dropped when he didn't see the same excitement he had on me. " aren't you happy Isacc?" he asked, a wash of confusion planted itself on his face. "no I am, I'm really I happy" I said smiling, cause I was happy, in fact, the happiest I've been in a long time.

"then why are- you knew didn't you," he asked. I looked back at mom who was looking at Zak with worry at his sudden change in tone. "why was I the last to know!? I'm not as important as Isaac!?" zak started yelling, the hurt in his voice made mom's smile drop. She was about to say something before dad caught her to it. "Zak you better chance you're attitude right this moment or else you're walking home!"

Zak's expression turned hurtful and angry, about to explode. "tom can't you see that he's hurt by this!?" mom said, angry at dad's wording. "you know what dad? I'm so done with you always being fucking angry at everything I do! " zak yelled making dad turn his head, his eyes meeting Zaks. " you do not curse in the household za- TOM" my mom screamed as the headlights of the truck coming full speed at us got closer by the second, and then the awful sound of metal hitting metal was the last thing I heard.

I woke up by Zaks screaming. "MOM DAD" I opened my eyes to only see mom and dads hands together, metal was the only thing to be seen where they once sat. Tears formed in my eyes at the sight of Zak trying to push the metal away from our parents. I already knew that it was too late but I couldn't bring myself to stop him. his broken sobs only turned louder. " IM SORRY IM SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO PLEASE STOP GET UP PLEASE" he cried out. That's when I passed out again.

I woke up in a hospital, a doctor was standing in the corner talking to a nurse when he noticed I was awake. " you're finally awake" he said walking over to me, sitting down in a chair that he put beside my bed. " I'm glad to see that," he said looking back at the nurse, giving her the signal to leave. "how are you feeling?" he asked looking empathetic. " where's Zak," I asked my voice sounding broken. "he is going under operation right now. He got injured pretty badly" he said looking down at his watch. "how badly," I asked getting right to the point.

"he fractured his skull in the hit, cutting open his forehead. The hit also broke both of his legs and one of his arms. Luckily his skull fracture hasn't showed any signs of brain injury, but we can't be completely sure until he wakes up. but when the paramedic arrived at the scene he was screaming, telling us he was sorry over and over again before he blacked out. He was awake through it all" the doctor took a deep breath before continuing.

"you were lucky Isaac that you didn't get more injured. The hit only broke your leg and scratched, bruised you up." he looked down at my leg before looking back at his watch. " are my parents dead" I asked, the doctor visibly froze at my question, but soon pulled himself together before looking at me." I'm sorry we did what we could, but it was too late" he said asking for permission to grab my hand, I nodded and he continued.

" the paramedic did all that they could when they got there but it was already too late. They died on impact." tears strained my eyes before I asked " is my sister dead"  the doctor's grip tightened " I'm sorry but there was nothing we could do, and if there was a chance she would have survived, it would have been too early in the pregnancy" a sob broke out of me, but I knew deep down that now I had to take care of Zak, show him that I'm strong and that we were gonna make it out of this, mom and dad would have wished that.

That was three years ago.
-------
Not edited

This one was hard, but I hope you liked it and it gave you a picture of how Zak's and Isaacs's life has been the last few years. And I know this is not at all how doctors tell you such a tragedy has happened but I hope you still enjoyed it. I have a good experience with hospital situations but not when it comes to death so I'm sorry if I did something wrong and it offended you. And I'm sorry if you've ever lost a loved one to a car crash or anything at all, I promise you it will get better, they wouldn't have wished upon you to suffer, time will heal the wounds. But as always if you enjoyed the chapter please vote so more people can see it<3 have a great rest of the day/night and I'll be you soon<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 2.5K 7
Darryl and Zak have always been friends, but something in Darryl finally snapped. Or maybe he was always like this and no one ever realized. When Zak...
188K 6.3K 37
What happens to Darryl and Zak's friendship when Zak takes a troll too far? -TW's + MORE INFO AB THE STORY- This story includes.. โ€ขS3lf H@rm โ€ขAngst...
17K 606 28
I pulled away and covered my mouth in disgust. I ran my way to the kitchen to go rinse out my mouth. As I ran many girls came up to me saying, "Your...
276K 15.1K 37
โ๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ.โž ...