The Educator (dark h.s)

By creepystyles

The last time he had left it up to the police, murderers walked free. The judicial system was completely mess... More

Prologue
chapter 1 - apprehension
chapter 2 - déjà vu
chapter 3 - deal
chapter 4 - bedlam
chapter 5- agony
chapter 6 - double welcome
Chapter 7 - needle
Chapter 8 - familiar
Chapter 9- bother brother
Chapter 10 - gratefulness
Chapter 11 - the mysterious date
Chapter 13 - the carousel
Chapter 14 - rescue
Chapter 15 - new scandal
Chapter 16 - Absolute
Chapter 17 - discoveries
Chapter 18 - black rose
Chapter 19- investigations
Chapter 20- calm before the storm
Chapter 21- court
Chapter 22 - game on
Chapter 23- Asher
Chapter 24- acquaintances
Chapter 25- sass & trust
Chapter 26- life
Chapter 27 - reunion
Chapter 28- did this for you
Chapter 29- faith
Chapter 30- giggles
Chapter 31- lifeless
Chapter 32- anxiety
Chapter 33- no way
Chapter 34- 10 years ago
Chapter 35- revelation
Chapter 36- vindictive
Chapter 37- forgiveness?
Chapter 38- no masks
Chapter 39- wrath
Chapter 40- revenge is sweet
Chapter 41- overprotectiveness
Chapter 42- abandoned
Chapter 43- free
Chapter 44 - why?
Chapter 45 - camera
Chapter 46 - green grass
Chapter 47- final game
Chapter 48 - remorse
Epilogue
Thank you & announcement

Chapter 12 - curiosity

8.2K 482 357
By creepystyles

Sometimes curiosity is our best enemy

Should

Should not

Should

Should not

Those were the only words occupying my mind since Wednesday, when I talked to the lady from Red Lion. In class, I barely paid attention to what was said nor to the students who couldn't care less about me, therefore it didn't make such a difference.

Maths was the worst though. My eyes started watering and head aching with nausea as some of the might be consequences hit me right in the face.

I could guarantee the main reason for my little breakdown was the boredom of congruence of triangles. Why do people even waste their time on that crap? It's definitely pointless and all that adding bits shit can drive one mad. Thus, as the teacher was ranting on and on on that shit hoe of a material, bad thoughts were starting to take over rather fast. No surprise it ended up the way it did.

I wished to be a doctor not an accountant anyway.

I had made a for and against list in order to enable me to make my decision.

For:

It'd most likely lead me to the very next clue.

I'd get out of my shit hole of a house.

Maybe I could even talk to other people who aren't Benjamin or Sam.

Or I could try to compromise with the bloody murderer #sorrynotsorry

Against:

I could get myself killed

I was way too lazy

My father could beat my arse up afterwards

I'm quite sure the men there aren't good influence + I've never been to that pub let alone at night on my own

And the reason that scared me most:

I could fall head straight into his trap

So far I'd come up with more reasons not to turn up. However, I still hadn't got enough power in my body to resist the urge to go and possibly find the next clue I had been looking for.

Couldn't resist my own curiosity.

Sometimes our own inquisitiveness tricks us. We just go, too blind to notice until it's too late, we're already buried deep in our own bound to be bloody fate.

I searched the bed for my phone, letting out a sight of relief when my hand came into contact with the radiation emitting item. I picked it up and found out it was already 6pm which gave me no spare time to hesitate. After long days of brain storming and overthinking, I had to finally come to a supposedly critical decision.

Before I knew it, my fingers were dancing hastily on the screen, typing Sam's number at the speed of lightning. She was pretty fond of dancing, much more fond than I was and would never reject having a good time. She used to always call me a 'party pooper' due to my non drinking self whatsoever. The call bottom was pressed and I rose the phone to my right ear.

Hold on, what if it were a real trap? Would she fall in with me? Would I be to blame for her death?

Hell no.

Before she had the chance to pick up I instantly tapped end call, placing my phone on my pillow and wiping my forehead in frustration.

How selfish was that.

I could hoist out Benjamin but no, I wasn't going to let anyone get hurt.

I could never live with myself if something were to happen because of me.

It was my task to do, my mystery to solve and the pub to attend.

Adrenaline pulsed through my veins as I descended the stairs to get to the basement. I sure wasn't going to go unprotected. If he thought me a fool, he should reconsider.

I swiftly shifted to a tip toeing motion as my eye caught my father sprawled out on the sofa, a vodka bottle beside him as he was lightly snoring along with the TV.

A weight was lifted off my chest as my presence went unnoticed and I approached the stairs to the basement safely.

My hand grabbed the railing and I jogged down, running towards the little cupboard of my dad, where he used to store all of the self defence tools.

The cabinet itself was made of silver steel which was actually a strongbox. Fortunately, my dad had once shown me the passcode when we were under attack and he wanted me to be able to defend myself.

I typed the code into the hoop and the heavy door snapped open, cracking loudly and making a fuzz to my horror. I briskly turned round and scanned the dark hazy room with my eyes to make sure the loud thump didn't wake my dad up.

After a few moments, when I was convinced it was safe to carry on I switched the lights of the strongbox on and ran my eyes over the ash covered items.

A shudder rushed down my spine as I spotted a needle. I immediately pushed the haunting thoughts aside, there was no time to cause a scence.

Multiple knives were laying on the shelf, from blunt to sharp, from big to small and from silver to gold.

However, I didn't want to take a knife because what was the point? I wasn't going to use it any road- couldn't bring myself to stab someone, even a cold blooded criminal.

Therefore, I reached my hand forward and grabbed a small tin of pepper spray, fisting and tossing it into my pocket. That should've been helpful.

A light smile painted its way across my face as I ascended the stairs. Didn't expect it to go so well. I was nearly leaping when I got to the ground floor and tip toed over to the staircase. My legs started climbing up swiftly and my hand grabbed the spray in my pocket to make sure it was still there. It was.

"Gwen?" A voice startled me and I nearly tripped over one step but managed to catch the railing for support.

"Yeah?"

"Mind pouring me a cup of water, baby girl?" I flinched at the kinky nickname my dad had created for me but instantly pulled myself together and scurried over to the kitchen.

I rose up onto my tiptoes to reach the cabinet and grabbed a small cup, pouring water in it and grasping a pain killer in my other hand. My legs lead me back to my half intoxicated father and I handed him the glass and pill. A rough hand caressed mine as the items were taken out of my grip. I cringed as our skins made contact, he noticed and flashed me a smile.

"Thank you babe." I cringed right again but escaped hastily to my room before he could say anything else.

The alcohol had probably taken over his body- otherwise he wouldn't be talking to me.

I sighed and started getting changed. Just an hour until my mission had started. Or else I thought.

***

I was currently sitting on a bus seat, on my way to my might be death wish or clue. Nothing was clear yet. I was wearing simple black jeans, a tank top, an oversized pullover and a coat.

I didn't go fancy for a couple of reasons, firstly I didn't feel like attracting attention and second, if I had to run it'd be much more convenient like that than in a tight dress.

I looked out the window as we passed a few stations, half looking forward and half dreading reaching mine. Breeze blew in as the bus came to a halt and the doors clicked open, signalling the bus had reached its last station which was known as my station as well. I got out of the public vehicle and shivered at the cold wind.

Pushing my hair out of my face, I turned left and started walking through the cold chilling night. I came across a gang of creeps but instantly shifted my gaze away in order to go unnoticed. A sigh of relief escaped my lungs when they minded their own business and didn't pay much attention to the nervous girl crossing the street.

I stopped dead in my tracks and my breath got hitched in my throat as my eyes met the huge sign of "RED LION PUB".

I could guarantee if a person went by, they'd hear my racing heart. I pressed my hand to my chest to grab hold of the thrum of my heart and inhaled deeply, mastering the courage to get into the pub and face my destiny.

Before I knew it, my legs were pulling me towards the place. There was no going back as my eyes were rapidly examining the moving bodies.

I recognised the song in the background as Lovers On The Sun by David Guetta and started humming along the lyrics.

"We're burning up, we might as well be lovers on the sun uh oh oh

We might as well be lovers on the sun"

My eyes moved to observe the people at the bar since I seemed not to recognise anyone at the dance floor. My gaze was running over every figure; sitting, talking, laughing, drinking as all of a sudden it came across a familiar face.

Shock took over my body as I studied the guy who had just got up of his seat and was heading towards the exit. He was limbing slightly due to his syntactic leg and his black hair was pushed up in a quiff. Tight skinny jeans adorned his stick-like legs or should I say leg even though the jeans covered most of the plastic leg.

Here was the clue I'd been looking for.

I jogged after him, not giving a shit how many barmy people were most likely staring - a girl suddenly chasing after a guy who barely knew her. We were both standing outside when I grabbed his hand, pulling him into a stop. I was lightly panting due to my lack of workout; should've got my arse in shape beforehand.

He turned to look at me in confusion. I offered him a nice, apologetic grin.

"Malik, was it?" I inquired.

"Zayn, Malik is my second name." He snickered and I let go of his hand, blushing lightly at my stupidness.

"Oh shoot I'm sorry."

"No worries love, how can I help you? I've just gotta run.." He cooed and I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Yeah well, actually... I'd like to ask you about the other night."

"We shagged? I don't remember you." He wondered out loud, staring ahead of me and furrowing his eyebrows in concentration.

"We've never shagged, don't play dumb." I snapped. His syntactic leg was a great proof that it was indeed him and I remembered the way he looked at me, no way in hell had he forgotten me let alone didn't notice me there. However, my angry tone didn't seem to subdue his confusion.

"I've got no clue what you're talking about nor who you are, now if you excuse me.." He turned on his heels to walk off but I grabbed his wrist right again.

"I'm begging you.. I need to know more about this man. It's super important, you've got to help me." I pleaded, wiping the tears that had rolled out of my eyes.

He stumbled around and his gaze dropped to look behind me, then to his right then to left to make sure no one was eavesdropping. He diverted his gaze back to me when he found nothing.

"Listen up sweetheart." He trailed off in a whisper.

"By the looks of it, you're no fool. Go home and never come back. Don't try to deal with this man, he's too sophisticated and never loses, if you're trying to find him and rat him out to the police then you're just beating your head against a wall, you might end up losing your life let alone one of your loved ones. Hope you take my advice and go home before it's too late, goodnight." He warned in an extreme low voice and wandered off, leaving me in deep thought. The night was clouded in an eerie darkness and I pried the popper on my bag open to grasp the tin that was laying at the bottom in case something happened.

My feet were planted to the ground as his warning was being played over and over in my head, raising my palpitations drastically. The street was completely dark and Zayn's figure was long gone by now, leaving me to handle my own non stop thoughts. I groaned and started strolling away in the direction of the trolley station.

Little did I know it was already too late.

A big hand banded round my wrists, holding me in place as the pepper spray was snatched out of my grip.

My heart thumped against my chest as a shudder stung my body. A massive hand was pressed to my mouth, making me realise I was screaming for help. My body wriggled back and forth but exactly like last time, it was pointless. His tall shadow towered above me and my tears wetted his rough skin. A cloth was held over my face, replacing the hand. I struggled to hold my breath which had become even more difficult with my back pressed to his hard chest.

Unfortunately, my lungs had made the decision for me and I urged for oxygen, sniffing the drug on the way and starting to get tired, heavy eyelids.

The last thing I'd heard before I passed out was:

"Curiosity killed the cat."

A/N

Hiiiiiiiii! How's everyone?

What do you think of this chapter btw? I love reading your theories ;)

Please vote/ comment and share LOVE YOU XX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.9K 30
In a setting where the past meets the future, technology and way of living has completely destroyed the world, forcing everyone to turn back to old w...
7.2K 917 44
There's someone out there abducting young women. And they don't show up again...ever. They just go missing. He tells them that they deserve their pu...
33.1K 981 29
*This story is set in the 1950's-1960's and based on the real mystery of Alcatraz.* Twenty year old Hazel doesnt know what else to do with her life a...
193K 8.3K 18
Since the day that a girl was able to walk, she wasn't normal. Everyone knew it. Her parents never let her meet new people and even her aunts, uncles...