THANTOPHOBIA ① g.weasley

By TheUnknownBrokenGirl

❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love... More

THANTOPHOBIA
prologue
YEAR ONE
year one: diagon alley
year one: off to hogwarts
year one: feasting
year one: greasy-haired potions
year one: remind me
year one: new quidditch recruit
year one: children out of bed
year one: feathers and bludgers
year one: troll in the dungeon
year one: first games
year one: birthdays
year one: christmas
year one: mirror of erised
year one: fist fights and howlers
year one: stutters
year one: dragons
year one: caught
year one: lost point days
year one: forbidden forest
year one: we have your back
year one: puzzles
year one: book of memories
YEAR TWO
year two: andromeda tonks
year two: rescue mission
year two: i got a secret
year two: lockhart the loser
year two: truth from cousins
year two: cornish pixies
year two: barfing slugs
year two: the voices
year two: a chamber of secrets
year two: crazy rogue bludger
year two: hufflepuffs and duelling clubs
year two: an angry father
year two: diaries of a teenage boy
year two: cancelled quidditch
year two: fool and fraud
year two: tom marvolo riddle
year two: second kisses
YEAR THREE
THE PROPHECY
year three: new addictions
year three: crookshanks the mini tiger
year three: black dogs
year three: they suck the emotion
year three: bitchy slytherins
year three: taking a hit for a cousin
year three: spottings
year three: boggarts
year three: cedric knows all
year three: big brothers
year three: 394
year three: dementors in the playing field
year three: godbrothers
year three: family is family
year three: letter from sirius orion black
year three: expecto patronum
year three: murderer fathers
year three: snape hates hope
year three: quidditch final
year three: sirius orion black
year three: truth is revealed
year three: free once more
year three: lupin-black household
YEAR FOUR
year four: sneaking around
year four: ton-tongue toffees
year four: drama days
year four: quidditch world cup
year four: dangerous turns
year four: last days of summer
year four: triwizard tournament
year four: drama queen lee
year four: beauxbatons and durmstrang
year four: the four champions
year four: mean girls and best friends
year four: best friends split
year four: the first task
year four: love is in the air
year four: hope's truth
year four: the yule ball
year four: shaming articles
year four: the second task
year four: sirius and remus
year four: ivailo krum
year four: the prophecy
year four: the third task
year four: gone
year four: goodbye cedric diggory
END OF THANTOPHOBIA
little teeny tiny author's note
SEQUEL IS UP!
updates!

year two: spiders

9.1K 399 118
By TheUnknownBrokenGirl

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

❛Him? That fool?❜

As the Gryffindor students walked into the Dark Forest, everyone had different ways to deal with the creepiness. Ron jumped at the sound of anything, Harry kept his wand raised, while Hope admired it all.

"There's something moving over there, something big." called out Ron, taking multiple steps backward.

A flash of light shined through the trees, coming out in spots where leaves weren't visible. Harry and Ron went to turn around but Hope let out a loud laugh.

"Guys, it's just the car." she pointed out, the once shiny car was now scratched with lumps of dirt and grass sticking out of it.

"Merlin, it's filthy." Harry looked at the windows.

Ron let out a laugh. "It's been here all this time, look at it. The Forest has turned it wild."

The Potter boy glanced back at the slope they were following. "Let's go, we don't want to lose our trail."

Hope, Harry, and Ron followed the trail into a shadowed area, tall trees towered over them, with webbing all over. Harry kept his hands at his side, while Ron kicked web off of his feet. Hope reached out to touch the web.

"Extraordinary." she said, amazed at the style. "Now, if I was correct these are from--"

"Harry." Ron called out. "Hope."

"Don't panic."

The air crackled with movement as a big spider came down from the trees. As it came down, they noticed its unusual large size. Harry and Ron backed away but Hope took many steps forward.

"You do not come from The Forest, your heart beats like," the spider paused. "Men."

"We're friends of Hagrid's, my name is Hope. You must be Aragog, it's a pleasure to meet you."

The head of the spider turned ever so slightly. "Hagrid has never sent men into our hollow before."

"Aragog, Hagrid is in big trouble. The monster of the Chamber has attacked again. And for some reason, the Minister thinks it was Hagrid." Hope explained.

Harry spoke up. "Like before."

Aragog grew angry. "That's a lie, Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets!"

"Harry, where did you get that idea?" asked Hope, confusion lacing her voice.

"But, if Hagrid never, that means you're not the monster."

Hope looked to her friend. "Aragog is an Acromantula. He is a magnificent creature, but never a monster."

"Listen to Hope, she is like Hagrid. Respectful of creatures." Aragog said. "The monster was born in the castle."

"Harry, Hope--" whispered Ron.

Harry ignored Ron. "Then what killed the girl fifty years ago?"

"We do not speak of it, it is a creature we spiders fear above all."

"A Basilisk." said Hope. "Another creature."

More spiders began to come down, as Ron finally grabbed the attention of Hope. "What Ron?"

"Look."

"Aragog, it really has been a pleasure. Thank you for all the helpful information." Hope smiled. "Though, we really must be going."

"Go? I think not, my sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid or the new friend Hope, on my command. But I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst. Goodbye, friends of Hagrid."

Ron began to freak out. "Can we panic, now?"

The three quickly spun around and sprinted in the other direction. Five-foot spiders began to appear from multiple different directions. Hope pulled out her wand, Harry following. The Weasley boy just stood frozen in fear.

Fang began to whimper as the spiders came near. But all was interrupted by a long beep of a horn from behind them. Seconds later a blaze of light came shining through the trees, it was the car that had once belonged to Arthur Weasley.

"Let's go." shouted Harry, as everyone jumped into the car.

Hope climbed into the driver's seat while a spider appeared at the side window. "The windows, roll up the windows!"

"I can't, it's stuck." but as a spider came up to her window, she let out a high pitched scream. Hope stomped on the gas which threw the car into reverse.

The car blasted out of the hollow, but once a spider began to grab Ron, she raised her wand and just pointed it. Not a word leaving her mouth.

"Thanks for that."

"Not a problem, Ronald."

As they fought through the bunches of spiders, they came to a narrow opening in The Forest. "That is the way, it's the only way out! Hurry, Hope, they're catching up."

Hope jammed the accelerator, just as an Acromantula blocked the way out. Ron looked down and mumbled. "We're as good as dead."

"Can you get us into the air?"

"Flying gear is jammed."

As the spiders grew closer, the car had randomly decided to lift into the air. It rose high enough to fly over the trees and into the grass beside Hagrid's hut. Fang bolted out of the car, while the other wobbled out.

"Follow the spiders! Follow the spiders! If he ever gets out of Azkaban, I'll kill Hagrid. I mean, what was the point in sending us in there. What have we found out?" yelled Ron in frustration.

"Ronald, your phobia of spiders returning?"

He gave a small smile. "Wasn't me who screamed that high pitch scream."

Harry stood up straight. "We know one thing, Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets. He was, well is, innocent."

Hope, Ron, and Harry all wandered into the Hospital Wing. The Lupin girl eyed each one of the petrified victims while the two boys stayed by Hermione.

"Each one is merely petrified, not dead. Why?" she spoke out loud.

Madam Pomfrey frowned as she walked in. "There is no point in talking to a petrified person. They won't hear a thing that you say."

Ron shifted uncomfortably. "We know that, Madam Pomfrey. It's just, well, you see--"

"She's our friend. Even if she can't hear a thing we say, what would it hurt? We miss her, Poppy." Hope spoke up.

"Madam Pomfrey to you, Miss Lupin." she scolded. "But, very well then. Be quick about it."

As the three stood next to Hermione's bed, Hope picked up the circular mirror she held. While Ron just eyed Lockhart's card that read out 'Get Well Soon.'

"You don't think Lockhart could be the Heir of Slytherin, could you?"

The Lupin girl bursted out into laughter. "Him? That fool? Hilarious. Besides, he was never in Slytherin, he was a Ravenclaw. Not that he is smart enough to do something like that."

"Forget I said anything." mumbled Ron.

"The Basilisk, Hermione must've seen it. But why isn't she dead?" Hope spoke out loud.

Harry looked to Hope. "The mirror? I mean, Colin Creevy seen it through his camera--"

"That's it! Hermione saw it through the mirror, while Colin saw it through his camera. Justin must have seen it through Nearly-Headless Nice, who couldn't die because he's already dead." she yelled out.

"What about Mrs. Norris? I am pretty sure she didn't have a camera or mirror, Hope." the statement made Hope sit down before she jumped back up.

"That water, there was water on the floor that night. She only saw the reflection."

Harry looked to Hope. "Then why were Hagrid's roosters killed?"

She looked at her friend. "The crowing of the rooster is fatal to it. That must've been why."

"How has it been getting around? Someone surely would have noticed a big dirty snake before now--" Ron was cut off once again.

"Pipes." added Harry. "It's using the plumbing."

The Lupin girl's eyes lit up suddenly. "Harry, Ron, remember what Aragog said? About the girl fifty years ago? She died in a bathroom, what if she never left?"

"Moaning Myrtle!" the Weasley boy jumped up.

The three students walked down the corridor, peeking around every corner. Out of nowhere, Professor McGonagall's voice echoed through the castle.

"All students return to their dorms at one. All teachers to the second-floor corridor. Immediately."

Professor McGonagall stood beside a wall, while the three stood by listening closely to the conversation that was unfolding.

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has happened. A student has been taken by the monster, into the Chamber itself." all of the teachers reacted in great fear. "I'm afraid we have to send the students home. This is the end of Hogwarts."

Gilderoy burst in cheerfully. "So sorry, dozed off. What have I missed?"

Snape wore a slight grin as he spoke to the man. "Just the man. A girl has been snatched by the monster Lockhart. Your moment has come at last."

"My moment?" Lockhart spoke with worry lacing his voice.

"Weren't you just saying last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" Severus questioned.

"Did I?" he managed to say over the shock. "I don't recall--"

McGonagall interrupted. "That settles it. We'll leave it to you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, you are a legend."

"Very well, I'll be in my office. You know, getting ready?" his statement came out more as a question.

Professor Sprout looked to the Deputy Headmistress. "Who has the monster taken, Minerva?"

"Ginny Weasley."

Hope's jaw dropped, her eyes filled with tears. "No, no. Not Ginny."

"Hope?"

"If that blubbering idiot doesn't know how to save Ginny. I'll kill him." and with those final words, the three sprinted to Lockhart's classroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1K 31
Yeah please don't take this book seriously, I was young and had nothing to do, -UNDERGOING EDIT- (Not anymore) ✔ = edited I'm only editing the litera...
973K 36.3K 124
Samantha Potter lived a normal life. She went to Hogwarts, played Quidditch, and tried to pass History of Magic. But that all changes when she reunit...
263K 6.3K 35
---------❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀--------- a james potter love story ---------❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀--------- ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ click on my profile to see outfits and m...
86K 1.6K 115
"Not one for emotion Evens...but I could give a good fuck" he whispered into my ear as my heart pounded Hope has always had a rough life but ever si...