Fruitloops | ✓

By empirely

Lyssabelle is one to be found at 2 a.m. in the kitchen making herself a bowl of Fruitloops. She's band obsess... More

preface
p r o l o g u e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
e p i l o g u e
postface
christmas note

o n e

10K 333 39
By empirely

Chapter 1: Fruitloops were not to be wasted

They were very welcoming, I must say. Or maybe I'm just biased because they had a box of Fruitloops and didn't mind giving them to me.

Due to the lack of space, I shared a room with Summer, while Zak took the guest room since he had work to be done and was older.

Summer's room was very spacious, one that I always wished I had. But with the lack of money, I never had one. Technically, we didn't lack money, we just never used it unless necessary. And a big room is just a want, not a need.

The guest bed room seemed to be like a regular room- white sheets, bedside tables on each side, a laptop on the table - yes there was a goddamn laptop - and a dresser, without clothes of course.

Lucky me, when Zak went out, he'd carried his laptop in his briefcase, thus making the laptop in the guest room mine to use.

I lay on Summer's bed with her beside me. She'd told me to make myself feel at home, and when I sat at the desk, she beckoned for me to sit at the bed, for she knew it was much more comfortable than the hard chair she had.

Really, it made my ass ache.

"So? What happened anyway? I mean I know there was a fire but..." she trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

"I was making a bowl and soup, one second it was fine, the next fire was burning everywhere," I shurgged, scrolling through the series band tee-shirts online.

"Yikes! Bad cook?" she asked me, chuckling.

"Yeah, you could say that," I gave a small smile.

"You like band tees?" Summer asked, a little surprised as she looked at what I was scrolling through.

"Absolutely," I mused.

"Oh my gosh! I have tons! You could borrow mine if you'd like," she clapped her hands, excited.

"Really?" I asked, a little amused honestly. She didn't seem like the type to wear band tee-shirts.

"Uh, yeah!"

"Cool, thanks," I gave her a genuine smile, for once since tonight's events.

Other than the time I recieved the Fruitloops from Vince.

I scanned through the Polaroid pictures on her wall and one caught my eye. There was a guy in a suit, and a girl - whom I think was Summer - wearing a gorgeous black dress, with a mask. Probably a masquarade ball if you ask me. I resisted the urge to let out an 'aww' before letting the fuzzy feeling die down.

"Who's that?" I asked and pointed towards the picture.

"My boyfriend," she grinned, as if she loved saying that. She sighed dreamily and continued staring at the picture.

She must really like this guy.

For all my life, I've come to a conclusion that I don't neccesarily deserve any love at all. Other than Zak of course. Sometimes I'd wonder if Zak was only supporting me because he had to, because he didn't want to take off like how my parents did. Perhaps I was a burden to him, but he didn't show it.

My parents left us, or maybe it was because of me, when I was two. Maybe if I weren't even born, mom and dad wouldn't have left Zak. Maybe two was too much for them to handle. Maybe it was my fault Zak had to take care of me.

Some people might think 'parents' aren't even suited for mom and dad. Or they shouldn't even be called mom and dad for they left. They didn't take up the responsibility of taking care of me, but Zak did. I probably ruined Zak's family - well my family as well but before I was born - when I came out of mom's womb.

I blame myself for Zak's incomplete family almost everyday and it's worst to know that he has no girlfriend, cause he's too busy working to support this family of two.

I felt tears start to brim my eyes and I pushed them back, staring at the ceiling.

I will not cry. I will not cry, I chimed to myself in my head.

"Hey, are you okay?" Summer asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Just bad memories," I gave a feeble smile and went back to scrolling through the tee-shirts.

I could really use a bowl of Fru-

"Do you want a bowl of Fruitloops?" Summer asked, like she could read my mind.

"How'd you know?"

"That was the only thing you said after introducing yourself. C'mon, you've been through so much tonight and you're only asking for Fruitloops?" she chuckled, "so I'm guessing that's your comfort food."

I chuckled, yet was amazed at how observant she was.

"Yeah, a bowl of Fruitloops would be nice," I smiled.

"Alright, I'll go ge-"

"I can get it, if you don't mind," I said, not wanting to trouble her.

"Sure, if you want."

"Okay, do you want a bowl?"

"Yes please," she chuckled and continued with whatever she was working on.

In only a pair of shorts and a tee-shirt Summer lent me, I headed downstairs, the cool marble pinching at the bottom of my feet. Goosebumps started to rise and I put my arms around myself, sliding them up and down.

Grabbing two bowls from the drawer, of which I memorised when they gave up a house tour, I poured some milk and then the Fruitloops.

The fruity smell started to glid up my notrils, making me moan in delight.

"If you're getting at orgasm, please don't get it near food," I heard a familiar voice chuckle.

I head snapped to the direction of that voice and I saw Vince, leaning against the doorframe.

"Fruitloops are worth it," I played along, trying to find the embarrassment in my voice.

All Vince did was nod and walk closer towards me. I felt a shiver run through my body and I ran my hands over my upper arms before grabbing the bowls tightly with my fingers.

Fruitloops were not to be wasted.

"Are you cold?" Vince asked.

"Nope, I'm just shivering cause it's extremely hot on an Autumn night," I retorted sarcastically.

Vince snorted and followed me up to Summer's room.

I headed towards the bed and passed a bowl to Summer, before placing mine on the bedside table.

"Thanks," Summer said.

"Summer, would you give the girl more clothes? She's freezing," Vince suddenly spoke and I hung my head low, embarrassed.

My cheeks were pretty much tinted pink, almost like I had blush on. Or that was what I thought. I could feel the blood rush towards my cheeks, warming it up.

"Okay," Summer grumbled, "but do know she can speak, Vince."

"She's shy," Vince shrugged.

And he knows that how?

"She, is sitting right here," I spoke up and both their heads turned to me. All I did was stuff a spoonful of Fruitloops into my mouth, shutting my eyes and hanging my head back, enjoying the delicious goodness.

"Oh there you go again," Vince said and I peaked at him was one eye open, only to realize he was looking right at me.

"Dude, get off my back," I mumbled after swallowing the mush of Fruitloops and milk.

"Leave the poor girl alone," Summer sighed and I smirked as he placed a hand over his heart to feign hurt.

"My own sister," he wiped a fake tear away and sighed dramatically.

"I don't think she cares," I said.

"She's right, I don't," Summer smirked and tossed me a cardigan.

"Thanks," I breathed and wore the cardigan, feeling warm immediately.

I watched as the two started bickering playfully and sighed. They were on a completely different subject now, but I honestly didn't bother listening. All I heard were a lot of words to describe Vince - idiotic, stupid and stuff like that. And a lot which Vince threw at Summer - dumb, bitch and more in that catergory.

"Guys! It's like late at night! Aren't you afraid the neighbors will get angry?" I asked.

"Well, we sort of hate the next door neighbours," Summer said and Vince nodded.

"And across the street lives my best friend so she wouldn't mind," she shrugged.

"Oh that's cool."

"You could meet her someday! Oh my gosh that'll be so cool, don't you think?" Summer started jumping up and down, clapping her hands in excitement.

"Uhm... Well I-I... uhm-" I stuttered, not really wanting to hurt her but really not wanting to meet her best friend. I'm just not keen on meeting more people.

"Summer, you can tell she doesn't want to," Vince sighed.

Because he said that, it made me want to rub it in his face that he was wrong, though a hundred percent right.

"Actually, I'd love to!" I smiled, one that I knew didn't my eyes though, and looked over at Vince.

He had one of his eyebrows raised and when our eyes locked, he shook his head.

☻☻☻☻☻

Author's note: picture to the side is of Zak, Lyss' brother, and he's Nathaniel Buzolic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 4K 23
| 𝐢'𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐲, 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬. | i will post my TW before every chapter, should not be tha...
255 6 16
This story follows the lives of two teenage lovers. Sure, this could turn out to be one big cute ball of love although when one of them has a nightma...
1.5K 50 5
i'm obsessed with my stan. gxg. mature warning
22.5K 756 27
| home. what a strange thing to say when you've spent months avoiding it. is it really your home though? or are you just trying to find your place in...