Come What May || Completed ✅

By theayushijain

"Your love is the most precious thing in this world to me, Even death can't stop me from having it.. I'll nev... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Season 2
Chapter 24 Season 2
Chapter 25 Season 2
Chapter 26- Season 2
Chapter 27- Season 2
Chapter 28- Season 2
Chapter 29- Season 2
Chapter 30- Season 2
Chapter 31- Season 2
Chapter 32- Season 2
Chapter 33- Season 2
Chapter 34- Season 2
Chapter 35- Season 2
Chapter 36- Season 2
Chapter 37- Season 2
Chapter 38- Season 2
Chapter 39- Season 2
Chapter 40- Season 2
Chapter 41- Season 2
Chapter 42- Season 2
Chapter 43- Season 2
Chapter 44- Season 2
Chapter 45- Season 2
Chapter 46- Season 2
Chapter 47- Season 2
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50- Season 2
Epilogue

Chapter 18

199 11 4
By theayushijain

Berenice's POV

I could not believe what I heard. These Royals are really senseless when it comes to their mates. Even a sensible male like Ryder did something so reckless when it came to his mate. Who in the right mind would leave their soulmate after mating with them? How did he control himself after that? Is the mating pull so weak? Is this all a joke to these Lycans?

"Please don't look at me like that Berry." Ryder pleaded. Huh? What did I do?

"Look at you how?" I asked confused.

"You are disappointed in me." he mumbled and lowered his head in shame.

"You didn't exactly do something for me to be proud of you right? You should not have done that Ryder. Charlie is just a kid. You ruined the whole concept of soulmates for him." I scolded him.

"I know." He whispered.

"You better right the wrong you did. Go to him and apologize. Bring him back with you." I told him sternly. These royals can't treat their mates like garbage. It's not our fault that their life is so difficult. Why do we have to be punished? They created the mess so, they will be the one to clean it up.

"I can't." he whispered.

"What do you mean you can't? and stop whispering and speak properly." I snapped. He is getting on my nerves now. These Lycans are so prideful.

"He will never forgive me."

"How do you know? You didn't even try to apologize. Don't give me excuses Ryder." I swear to God I will punch him now. Okay, what is wrong with you Berry? Why are you getting so aggressive? Calm down!

I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"He- he came back to me after that." Ryder said slowly. His voice cracked in between his words.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Now, I'm getting worried. There is more to this story. How bad exactly did he hurt his mate? Oh God Ryder!

"When we were loading our things in the car, he came to meet me. I could smell him. I went looking for him. He was coming towards the pack house more like he was limping. Guilt overwhelmed me when I saw him. he was in so much pain both physically and emotionally. He was still crying his eyes out Berry. He was still crying.

Th- then he saw me and- and he ran towards me, straight into my arms. I was so worried for him. he shouldn't have run like that, he was already hurt. He clutched onto me tightly like he never wanted to let me go. I wanted to embrace him but I didn't. he kept on crying and pleading with me to not leave him. His parents came running and were shocked to see him like that. They were scared. The apologized to me and were trying to free his hold on me but he didn't let go.

You know what I did then? I yanked his arms away from me and shoved him to his parents.

Just stay the hell away from me you pest! I told you we cannot be together, why can't you understand such a simple thing? Do not show your face to me, ever or I'll kill you myself!

These were my parting words to him. How will he ever forgive me Berry? How?" he started weeping after telling me all this.

I was stunned. Suddenly, I felt rage rising in me. I was mad at Ryder. How dare he do this to that little boy. That innocent little boy. I couldn't control my anger anymore.

I slapped him.

Hard.

He was shocked.

"How dare you do this to an innocent boy?" I snarled. My hands were shaking and I'm sure my eyes were also red because of anger. I felt the sudden urge to give justice to Charlie. I felt the need to protect him like a mother feels towards her child.

"You think you can do anything and get away with it? If you wanted to reject him the how dare you touch him? You ruined everything for him, for your own mate! He was barely an adult. Are all the Royals so stupid when it comes to their own mates? You told him to move on after you mated? How could you be so heartless Ryder?

You even said that you will be with someone else! Heck you promised it to him! That kid does not deserve any of it, Ryder Black. You caused him so much pain yet, he came back! He still wanted to be with you. You made him feel worthless just because he couldn't give you a child. Do you even know how useless he must be feeling, huh? NO!

I'm sure he must be blaming himself. You Lycans think that you can do anything with anyone and no one will question you. You think you are allowed to play with anyone's feelings. You and your best friend are just the same. Charlie does not deserve this. Heck, we both don't deserve any of the shit you both made us go through.

You know what, I really want Charlie to move on. You are a terrible mate and he should never forgive you. He should hate you with all his might. You will regret your actions when you'll see him with the person who replaced you. He will have someone who will love him and accept him the way he is. That person will keep Charlie happy and you'll just watch it from afar.

Go make your own family Ryder, go get a female and produce yourself an heir. Just go! Get lost! I don't want to see your face." I screamed at the top of my lungs. I don't know what got over me but I was raging mad at Ryder. He was looking at me with a pained expression as if I stabbed him with a knife over and over again, his shoulders were shaking and he was crying his eyes out. I wanted to slap him again, how dare he play the victim here? I moved forward but an arm wounded around my waist and pulled me back. I didn't need to turn back to know who the person is. My mate is here.

He turned me and pulled me towards his chest and buried my nose into his neck.

"Shh, calm down." I could hear the heaviness in his voice. I breathed in his scent and that calmed me down instantly. I looked up at him and saw his blurry eyes. He was not looking at me though. He was looking at his best-friend who was breaking right in front of him.

There he was, kneeling on the ground, crying his eyes out. I knew I hurt him with my words but I couldn't control myself. I know how it feels when your mate doesn't want you because of who you are. I don't want that to happen to anyone. The rage that I felt was different, I've never been like this to anyone before.

"Ma- mate." I whispered. I felt like crying. He looked down at me and gave a small smile and my heart skipped a beat.

"Don't worry. Go back to the room, I'll be there shortly." He whispered in my ear and gave me a peck on my forehead. I nodded but did not move to leave. I focused my gaze on Ryder. He looked so broken. I remember the harsh words that came out of my mouth.

What he did was wrong but verbally stabbing him with my words would not help the situation. I wonder why my mate didn't scold me or got all violent with me for hurting his best friend.

My mate knelt beside Ryder and hugged him. I could see his tears flowing down. I couldn't stop my tears from falling down. The sight in front me was hurting my heart.

A brother trying to console another.

My mate was in pain because he could see that his best friend is breaking from the inside. Ryder's face was buried in my mate's chest as he cried his pain away.

Two powerful males, the Royals, the fearless Lycans, the mighty Alpha King and the Royal Beta were crying in each other's embrace. I couldn't take it anymore so, I left. They need to be alone. Ryder needs my mate right now.

This is all so painful. Ryder was the one who rejected his mate, if he is in this condition, I can't even imagine what Charlie must be going through.

How will he cope up with everything? What if he does something to harm himself? What if he runs away? What if steps out of my mate's territory? There are some mysterious creatures lurking around, what if they do something to him? oh god! I have to talk to my mate about all this.

I reached my mate's room and decided to sleep. I feel like all the energy has been drained out of me.

Meanwhile...

Alexander couldn't stand to see his best-friend, his brother, broken like this. He heard every single thing his mate said to Ryder. Her words stabbed his heart. Her words were not only for Ryder but for him as well.

When she heard what Ryder did to his mate, all the pain Alexander put her through came rushing back to her. He felt her emotions through the bond. He felt her rage. It was not only hers though, the wild inside her is slowly coming to life. The wild knows that she is the Luna Queen of all Lycanthropes and Werewolves. The Queen will never forgive anyone who will wrong her subjects.

The Queen will never stand for injustice. He knew when she will calm down, she will regret her words because that's how Berenice is. She cannot see anyone upset because of her. It's in her nature.

He took his best-friend in his arms and swayed from side to side. Ryder was breaking down in his arms and he couldn't do anything about it. His cries were piercing the king's heart.

It is the first time in many centuries that he couldn't control his tears. He was crying for his brother, he was crying with his brother.

He wanted to take all his pain away but he knew he cannot. So, he decided to just be here for him. He could do that.

When he came to know that Ryder found his mate but didn't tell him, he was so mad at him that he wanted to punch him. But when Ryder told him that he kept it a secret because he didn't want Alex to think differently of him, Alexander lost it. He punched him straight in the face.

If Ryder thought that way, he is the stupidest person in this whole world. Apart from his family if Alex thinks of someone he loves, it is only Ryder, until his little mate came barging into his life.

He values Ryder more than he shows. He was hurt because his best-friend didn't have faith in him. Just because his soulmate is a male, Alex will not treat him differently. Moreover, there is no reason for him to be ashamed.

It is funny how they both have problems when it comes to their mated life. Alex couldn't accept his because of the curse and Ryder couldn't accept his because of sexual orientation.

Alex still has his mate with him, he marked her, she is his. His mind is at peace. But the same couldn't be said for Ryder. His mate was far away from him, unmarked.

Alex knows Ryder better than Ryder knows himself. He knows Ryder will never accept anyone else in his life other than his mate and it will kill Ryder if his mate accepts someone else.

The Alpha King knows that whatever happened with the young male named Charlie was wrong but still he hoped against all odds that the younger male will hold on to his soulmate.

Alex wanted to order his stubborn best friend to go and make amends with his mate but he didn't do it. The mating should be consensual.

The King has caused unimaginable pain to his soulmate and so did his best-friend. They both needed to get a grip on their mating life.

All these things were creating havoc in the mighty king's mind while he held his one and only best friend.

"Everything will be alright brother." Alex whispered in his friend's ear when he calmed down.

"How?" his friend questioned him for which the king had no answer.

"Do you think he will ever forgive me?" he questioned again.

"Do you want him?" the king questioned him back. Ryder looked down and remained silent. The king understood that his friend desperately wants his mate back but he won't make any effort for it.

"Don't make your relationship more complex with your mate Ryder. Go ask for his forgiveness before it's too late."

"Why are you making your relationship with Berry complex? Why don't you accept her?" Ryder questioned the king.

"To protect her. The situation does not allow me to be with her." The king answered.

"Same goes for me. The situation does not allow it."

"But I want my mate. I won't be a coward anymore. I have hurt her enough. I felt her sorrow and pain after I marked her. She never thought her mate could be this cruel. She was terrified of me yet she never gave up. She didn't leave, even after knowing the truth, even after knowing that she could die, she chose to be here, to be with me. I will protect her with all my might. She will be my queen and no one can take her away from me. It is time for me to save my mating bond before it's too late." The king declared. His friend stood there frozen in shock.

"You are finally doing the right thing." He stated, happy for his friend.

"Yes, and so should you." The king advised his friend.

"What if he doesn't want me?"

"We'll just kidnap him and keep him here with you forever." Ryder chuckled at his friend's response. This is how Alex is, always using his strength to get anything he wants. It's in his nature to make people give in into his wishes. He is the Alpha king after all.

The Royal Beta was still confused on what to do, whether to go after his mate and win him back or to move on from him.

On the other hand, The Alpha King knew what he had to do. He has to grovel for his mistakes. He will show his mate how much he cares for her. He will make her fell loved. He will love and cherish her. He will be better than the mate she always dream of. But, first thing to do right now was to calm down his fuming mate who was in active Luna mode.

Berenice's POV

I was sitting in my mate's room after sleeping for two hours. All the anger that I felt now gone. I am still upset over what Ryder did but I felt guilty for using harsh words on him and make him cry.

He has always been there for me. He is like my brother. I know he is a very nice person and I had no right to speak to him like that. He is already miserable and I just added more to his sorrow.

I'm sorry Ryder. I'll make up to you.

I was still in bed feeling guilty when the door opened and my mate made his way inside the room. I stood up immediately.

You are so dead now, Berry. You made Ryder cry. Now your mate will kill you with his own two hands.

I closed my eyes tightly waiting for the scolding that I am about to get. Or maybe he'll drag me out of the room by my hair.

You deserve this for breaking your brother's heart. Just pray that he does not kill you!

*********

Hey readers! what do you think about this chapter? Do comment your thoughts about it!

And don't forget to vote too!

Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 91 20
In a realm of nocturnal creatures, Lucas Bright, an endearing and spirited omega, encounters his destined mate, the Alpha King, while fleeing his for...
261K 10.3K 30
Sorshas life has already been written. Before she was even a thought there was a prophecy, a terrible, painful curse upon her family. Her birth broug...
1.1M 25K 31
"Who is she?" "Is that their daughter?" "Maybe she's our new queen" "She's so pretty." ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() "Good evening, My Queen." Th...
508K 13.6K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...