𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑, 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 [𝟏] ✓

By -JUPITRS

❝ well... we do make quite the team ❞ -- in which she shines more than just on the ice and field ❝ like... More

SUPER
|PROLOGUE|
1| Well... you wanna play hockey?
2| The crowd goes wild
3| Compared to us, they're Gods
4| Are you alright?
5| That was unnecessary
6| You should be a hawk
7| You could get to know me
8| Will You Both Marry Me?
9| I Respected You...
10| Top of the Morning to You, Conway
11| Gotta Cradle That
12| Collins 24
13| Right Next to Banks
14| I'll get to know you
15| yeah, I probably should...
16| You'll be calling me coach in no time
17| I still have her, right?
18| Whatever happened to best friends?
19| We do make quite the team..
20| Mr Banks, is that even a question?
21| you're seeing what i'm seeing, right?
22| All flustered?
23| What about her?
24| I apologise
25| Averman, Saverman
26| My hero?
27| Dont worry about it
29| No she'll be alright
30| I'm genuinly concerened, November

28| Did it go in?

9.8K 232 130
By -JUPITRS

      THE SECOND period was just beginning as Nova sat on her bench with her head in her hands. Charlie sat beside her as he slugged his water and watched as Bombay talked and pumped up the team.

Nova didn't bother looking back into the stands again. There would be no use anyway. At this point, she was glad her parents didn't come to see the game as she was sure they'd lose- they were already down 3-0.

"Banks, Nova, Jesse," Bombay began, snapping Nova from her thoughts, "you're on. Averman, Charlie, back"

Everyone nodded and mumbled good luck to everyone who was stepping onto the ice. Anyone who saw Nova could tell 100% that her head wasn't on the game- except, everyone knew that the moment she'd step into the ice, she wouldn't fail to impress.

November skated to right of the circle with Jesse on the left. Adam was in the middle, as usual.

Nova looked at her skates as she waited for the hawks to come out of their bench. Adam glanced over at her and stared as he wondered what went through her mind.

The referee came beside him as McGill skated up to center. Adam swallowed the lump in his throat as he looked away from the girl and looked at the opponent ahead of him.

McGill gave a scowl and Banks couldn't help but look away as he waited for the puck to touch the ice.

The referee nodded and dropped the puck onto the ice, blowing his whistle shortly after.

McGill went straight at Adam, making sure he was falling to the ground before he passed back to his teammate.

"Back down to Strickler. Strickler up ahead, strickler passes... Taken by Conway..." The announcer said enthusiastically as Charlie had the puck.

Nova turned and faced at him, facing her back towards the player that was guarding her.

Charlie glided the puck up towards her as Nova made sure to keep her body between the player and the puck.

"#24, Collins, revives pass from Conway... turn or- no.. she gives a quick backhand to Banks in the center.."

Nova slightly lost her balance as she swiftly backhanded the puck towards Adam.

He received the puck and skated up on a breakaway. Nova quickly turned as she did so, making the player behind her fall to the ground.

Nova watched as Adam skated to the goal at high speed with McGill trailing behind him.

"Adam!" Nova began to warn as she saw Adam get closer to the goal with McGill behind him, "watch-"

Suddenly, McGill crosschecked Adam's back, making him fall over and slide all the way to post.

The crowd cheered as they heard the buzzer go off while the puck slid through the goalies legs and into the net.

Nova, however, couldn't as the moment McGill crosschecked Banks, Nova had already began making her way over.

"Adam?" Nova heard Larson say in a concerned tone as he took a knee next to Adam, "Adam are you okay?"

Nova furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Larson turn and scowl at McGill. "what'd you do?"

"My Job." McGill smirked. Nova grunted and immediately skated beside McGill and subtly but harshly shoved him over, making him fall to the ground.

She glanced to the side to see McGill growl and look up at her. She gave him a scowl. "whoops," She said harshly, "my accident."

McGill nearly charged at her if it weren't for the referees going and clearing the area. Nova stood there and watched as McGill was taken away and put into the penalty box.

She turned back around as Jesse skated past her, towards the paramedics bed that Adam was now strapped to.

A look of worry spread across her face as she skated up to the group surrounding him.

"did it go in?" She heard Adam ask Jesse in a raspy voice while the paramedics shun a flashlight in his eyes.

"yeah man.." Jesse said with a reassuring voice.

"Jesse, do me a favour," Adam began, "kick some hawk butt..."

Jesse smiled and gave out a chuckle, "alright... Cake-Eater."

Adam smiled before he looked at Nova as the paramedics began to take him away.

"hold on.." he said in a raspy voice. They stopped and everyone stood back as Nova made her way a couple inches to where he was.

"Hey Banksy.." Nova said softly, "how you holding up.."

Adam gave a light chuckle. "how do you think?"

Nova smiled and looked down before looking back up at him. "right... stupid question."

"worth it though, right?" Adam began, "saved the day if i do say so myself.."

Nova laughed and nodded solemnly. "sure did..." Nova smiled, "that goal was pretty super- Superman.."

A grin grew onto Adam's face at the use of the pleaded nickname. "Thanks Supernova... It was all for you by the way.." Adam said with a smile, "now you better save this game"

"might be hard without my partner..." Nova smiled, "but i'll make it work... i've got Connie anyway."

Adam chuckled and nodded before resting again. "hey Nova?" He said quietly, "i forgot to tell you something..."

Nova furrowed her eyebrows and opened her mouth to speak before she was interrupted.

"miss," The paramedics said, "we gotta get this boy off the ice"

She looked at them and nodded before smiling down at Adam. "why don't you tell me when you're not in a paramedics bed?"

Adam nodded and smiled, "sure.. i'll tell you after the game- when the ducks are the playoff champions"

"i like the sound of that.."

The paramedics then began to roll the bed off the ice as Nova waved at him and stared off until they were out of sight.

The group waited for her as she turned around and sighed. They all gave her a look as she furrowed her eyebrows trying to register what was happening.

when she finally did, she nodded and smiled. "right!" She said to her teammates, "lets get this game started.."

"any words of encouragement?" Jesse snickered, "for Cake-Eaters sake?"

Nova smiled and thought for a moment before nodding. "yeah.." She said as she put on her helmet and skated closer to them, "lets do it for Banks"

"alright.." Jesse said as he winked at her and skated off with the group.

Guy found his way beside her as they skated to the bench. he chuckled lightly, causing Nova to look at him and cock an eyebrow.

"what?" she asked

Guy shook his head and glanced at her. "nothing," He said, "just remembered something"

"care to share?" Nova asked

"it's like that weird circle of life thing... except like- circle of ice.."

"explain furthermore please"

Guy thought for a moment and smiled. "well.. our first game against the Hawks, you scored our second and last goal of that game and fell because McGill shoved you all the way to the boards. Banks was the first to check if you were alright. You then went over to me and asked if the goal went in. I laughed at you because i thought it was funny that that was what you were concerned about but you were being serious.."

Guy took a breath before continuing. "well now, our last game- against the Hawks... Adam scores, gets hurt by McGill, you were the first to see if he was alright, and what's the first thing he asks?"

"did it go in?" Nova nodded in realisation before she smiled, "ohhhh.."

"yeahh."

"well.." Nova began, "lets hope this time, the ducks actually win.."

Guy scrunched up his nose, "the ducks didn't play though... that was district five"

"true..." Nova agreed, "maybe this circle of ice thing isn't so accurate"

"yeah... i mean, you didn't have to be taken away by the paramedics, now did you?"

Nova shook her head before she smiled again. "and... this time," She began, "we're doing it for Banks.."

brynn speaks !

its literally 7:30 am and i started this chapter at 6:30 am because i had a terrible nose bleed and couldn't go back to sleep. You lucky ducks got an early chapter :)

✌🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 585 18
After winning the Junior Goodwill Games, Indiana Gaffney and Adam Banks attempt to balance their personal and hockey lives as well as their relations...
277K 4.4K 55
CASSIDY CONWAY was an amazing skater and hockey player. She was the twin of Charlie Conway and everyone adored the twins. She was the star of the...
10.7K 163 15
'𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝘾𝙖𝙢𝙧𝙮𝙣, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪.' 𝘐𝘕 𝘞𝘏𝘐𝘊𝘏.... 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩...
176K 3.2K 13
dean released me from his grip and stared at me. i silently shook my head. "adam banks broke my heart." [⃟ book two in adxmbxnks' mighty duck serie...