Rose II {✓}

By bjorghalla

BOOK 2 DOES NOT STAND ALONE! MUST READ THE FIRST ONE!!! Seven months after being betrayed not only by her mot... More

🌹Prologue🌹
🌹Chapter One🌹
🌹Chapter Two🌹
🌹Chapter Three🌹
🌹Chapter Four🌹
🌹Chapter Five🌹
🌹Chapter Six🌹
🌹Chapter Seven🌹
🌹Chapter Eight🌹
🌹Chapter Nine🌹
🌹Chapter Ten🌹
🌹Chapter Eleven🌹
🌹Chapter Twelve🌹
🌹Chapter Thirteen🌹
🌹Chapter Fourteen🌹
🌹Chapter Fifteen🌹
🌹Chapter Sixteen🌹
🌹Chapter Seventeen🌹
🌹Chapter Eighteen🌹
🌹Chapter Nineteen🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty - One🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty - Two🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty - Three🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty - Four🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty - Five🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty - Six🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty - Seven🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty - Eight🌹
🌹Chapter Twenty - Nine🌹
🌹Chapter Thirty - One🌹
🌹Chapter Thirty - Two🌹
🌹Chapter Thirty - Three🌹
🌹Chapter Thirty - Four🌹
🌹Chapter Thirty - Five🌹
🌹Chapter Thirty - Six🌹
🌹Chapter Thirty - Seven🌹
🌹Chapter Thirty - Eight🌹
🌹Chapter Thirty - Nine🌹
🌹Chapter Forty🌹
🌹Chapter Forty - One🌹
🌹Chapter Forty - Two🌹
🌹Chapter Forty - Three🌹
🌹Chapter Forty - Four🌹
🌹Chapter Forty - Five🌹
🌹Chapter Forty - Six🌹
🌹Chapter Forty - Seven🌹
🌹Rose III🌹

🌹Chapter Thirty🌹

3.4K 99 1
By bjorghalla

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER THIRTY🌹

Opening the door makes me breathe a lot better than before yet it takes my breath away completely. I've not stepped out of my room for some time now and I know that my mom and all the staff have been preparing everything for the night. You know setting the lights on the right setting and everything like that.

This is just going perfect and I couldn't ask for anything other than that. This is my first gala and I'm surprised on how good it does look, but then again I had help from not only my mom but also a party designer who came here a few days ago.

She gave me ideas on where things are supposed to be and where things aren't supposed to be and everything like that. Just helping me along the line. And my mom was even a bigger help in all of this. She has done this so many times before and when I became stuck she helped me a lot. I know that I could not have done it without help and for that I will always be grateful to them.

As soon as I'm out of the door my breath is taken away by everything. And it even brings tears to my eyes but I don't allow myself to let them fall because the make-up on my face is not water proof and I don't need the night to be ruined before it has already begun.

My mom is standing by the front door and she's looking at me with a shocked face. I walk to the stairs case and make my way down. This really makes me feel like a princess and I'm not even kidding. I even have the crown and everything. This moment is the dream that every girl has in their lives and I'm actually living it.

This is so overwhelming but the good kind. I feel like I'm going to faint but that's not a bad thing. When I get down the stairs I see that my mom is in her dress and she looks over the top as usual and she's almost bursting into tears. She comes over to me and hugs me.

"You look absolutely stunning but there is one thing that's missing. Perfume" She says and I roll my eyes. Of course that is the first thing she says. I giggle when she moves a bit and there is a perfume bottle on a table nearby. "Mom, how did you know I'd forget?" I ask her.

Perfume was literally the last thing on my mind and I can't believe that I forgot all about it and that is saying something because I need to look perfect. She only smirks at me and laughs. "Darling, you did come out of my body. I know" She says and I cringe. That wasn't really the answer that I was expecting.

She takes the bottle and then sprays some on my neck and then on my wrists. The smell is actually quite nice and I like it. "Now, let's begin the gala, shall we?" She asks me and I nod my head. The butterflies in my stomach are making their presence even more noticeable to me than they did before when I was too busy to even notice them.

Together my mom and I go to the front door when is the entrance to the gala which has been decorated with balloons shaped like a rainbow but not in the rainbow colors, the balloons are black on the other end and then on the other they are light blue and in the middle they're between light and dark blue. And we put our hands on the handle and open the door.

.•🌹•..•🌹•..•🌹•.

Guests arrive and the gala has begun. Music that people seem to enjoy is playing. The only thing that I did not get to choose is the music because I don't like the same type of music that these people do but my mom knows since she does like that kind of music. In my opinion, it's not very good but ignoring that is the salutation.

I greet many people and talk to them about everything. I'm great that no one has asked about him which I'm liking. I won't like it when that does come up which I'm not about to let happen. If it goes in that way of that I will just change the subject very quickly before it turns out to be about him or anything related to him.

The smile on my face never disappears and my cheeks are hurting because if it but at this point I don't care, this makes me so happy and I'm just in so much joy at the moment. Guests are being served food by the staff that walks around with either food or champagne. However, there is also a table with the cake and some of the food.

"This looks beautiful" A familiar voice speaks behind me. I turn around to see Caitlyn, she's all dressed up and when I look at her, she looks like a normal person. Not the assassin type, not at all. The smartest person alive would not be able to tell it. "Thank you" I tell her and she takes a glass of champagne from a staff member that walks past us.

"You know, I was surprised when you denied my offer" She answers and my eyes widen. She wants to talk about this now, in the middle of a gala where anyone can hear since there are a lot of people around us. "Well, I did not want anything to happen to anyone" I tell her and she nods.

"This only proves that you are your mother's daughter and don't forget it. You have her sweet heart and her gentle nature" She whispers to me. She sips on the champagne. "Have fun" She tells me before she finishes everything in the glass and then leaves me alone, and she goes somewhere else.

That was was odd conversation and perhaps things are a bit awkward since I found out what she really is and the only problem is that I've not let that sink into my brain and come to terms with it. Anyway, I can't think about that now since this is a gala and I'm in the middle of it.

I look around for mom and she's chatting along with some people and I find myself wondering what I should do. Who should I talk to? I know that every one of these people are important and everything but none of them want to talk to me. I did try to talk to some chef that is a world class chef or something but he turned me down and forced on something else.

A part of me wishes that I was still a child that is sneaking into the gala. People paid attention to me and they wanted to talk to me and everything and I liked that. I don't feel like I'm that important here. I mean, I'm probably just over reacting and the stress is taking over me and I should stop thinking about this.

I put on a smile again and walk around and I see some important business people. And it would not be a good idea to go over there. I may or may not which means I did almost make them bankrupt with my company which went to the top so easily and I'm sensing that they won't like me.

I wouldn't like the person that bested me either but I think this would just be so awkward and strange. Instead I just walk around and look at all the decorations. I wanted many stars to be there but not too much kid like which in my opinion it doesn't look like that.

The Milky Way is also something that is as going for and it looks fabulous, everything here does. And as far as I've heard people actually like it but then again I never know if that is the truth. The most important thing is that I like it and I do, I like it very much. A hug comes from behind and I can smell my mom's perfume.

I turn around to meet my mom's smiling face. "Having fun?" She asks and I nod my head. "Good, because the evening has only just begun. Believe it can get tiring in the end when all you want to do is end it" Mom says and I give her a confused look because every year all I saw was how mom was excited to the end and she did not want it to end.

"Don't worry about. Now, how about I introduce you to someone" She says, shutting down any questions that I might had since she sensed my confusion and as she drags me to someone I can't stop thinking about what she said and I wonder what she meant, I'm rather confused.

She takes me to a man with I would assume his wife or girlfriend or fiancé, I can't be sure. "Rose, this is Mr. Miller and his wife Mrs. Miller. They've come all the way from Australia to this gala" Mom says. The man, Mr. Miller takes my hand and shakes it. "Pleasure to meet you, sir" I say and he smiles.

"So well mannered, too. The pleasure is all mine, child" He says and his Australian accent shines right through him, and I smile to him. His wife doesn't say anything but she does smile kindly to me. "My wife and I just love the gala you have put together. It's marvelous" He says to me.

Mom had gone somewhere else and in the corner of my eyes I could see her talking to Caitlyn and they're laughing and just having fun. Most of these people are way older than me, like Mr. Miller, he looks like he could be my father or older. "Thank you so much, it means a lot to me" I tell him.

I notice that his wife just stands there beside him and doesn't say a word, perhaps she isn't that much of a talker. "You know, when I was a young child, I loved the stars. A bit fan of them" He says and I giggle. "Me too. I used to love looking up into the stars in so much wonder" I say and laugh.

Mr. Miller and I talk about that for some time and he complemented my dress for looking like the night sky and he really liked it. Not many people have gotten that hint but each and every one have said that my dress is so pretty. After while they go somewhere else and I'm let alone again but that is all right.

I needed that to make me feel a whole lot better and I am feeling better. I'm feeling happy and I'm all right. The stress if making this the most perfect night of them all the perfect gala ever is taking its toll on me. I walk towards the bathroom to refreshed myself and to see if any of my make-up is ruined because that would look horrible.

Meeting people along the way and having small talk with them, most of the things we talk about is the gala and how marvelous it is. And having someone say that something you did is wonderful and beautiful is something that can never get old and I love hearing it, it makes me feel so good.

Then when I'm free I head for the bathroom which was where I was going in the first place and my hand travels to the handle of the bathroom and it's strange how there isn't a line to the bathroom since there always is a line. Just as I was about to open the door a hand wraps itself around my mouth and pushes me into the bathroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 24.8K 21
Book one of the FORBIDDEN series! ** Nick Knight is the CEO of Knight Tech. He gets everything he wants, no questions asked. Hazel Richmond is his p...
194K 7K 43
Note: This book will be revised soon. I will be adding and or deleting some scenes to work on the plot holes so please bear with me. ***** "Get the...
30.5K 1.1K 26
Aaron Anderson, a rich, successful and ruthless businessman. He is just 34 years old and have managed to build his own company from the ground up, A...
22.6K 4.4K 50
This is the second book of the series. Though it can be read as a stand alone book. I would advice you to read Time Flies first. Thank you... Shane S...