AFIRE: fight for the Earth be...

Від sjmegrav

Earthen Series Part One**Follow Aija, Zuri and Ze, as they are plunged into the dark world of aliens who are... Більше

Author's Note
Character Aesthetics
Character Index 1 - Major POVs
Character Index 2 - Minor POVs
Character Index 3 - Other Characters
Terminology
0.
Prologue
Part One
1.1 AIJA
1.2 AIJA
2 LUKA
3.1 ZURI
3.2 ZURI
4.1 ZE
4.2 ZE
4.3 AIJA
4.4 AIJA
5.1 ZURI
5.2 ZE
6.1 GOLDSTAR
6.2 GOLDSTAR
7.1 AIJA
7.2 AIJA
7.3 AIJA
8.1 THIERON
8.2 THIERON
9.1 NALA
9.2 NALA
10.1 AIJA
10.2 AIJA
10.3 AIJA
10.4 AIJA
11.1 ZE
11.2 ZE
11.3 ZURI
11.4 LUKA
12.1 THIERON
12.2 THIERON
12.3 THIERON
12.4 THIERON
13.1 AIJA
13.2 AIJA
13.3 AIJA
14.1 GOLDSTAR
14.2 GOLDSTAR
14.3 GOLDSTAR
14.4 GOLDSTAR
14.5 GOLDSTAR
15.1 XAN
15.2 XAN
15.3 XAN
15.4 XAN
16.1 ZURI
16.2 ZURI
16.3 ZURI
16.4 ZURI
16.5 ZURI
16.6 ZURI
17.1 GOLDSTAR
17.2 GOLDSTAR
17.3 GOLDSTAR
18.1 ZE
18.2 ZE
18.3 XAN
18.4 XAN
19.1 LUKA
19.2 AIJA
19.3 AIJA
Part Two
20.1 ZURI
20.2 ZURI
21.1 GOLDSTAR
21.2 GOLDSTAR
22.1 LUKA
22.2 LUKA
23.1 THIERON
23.2 THIERON
23.3 THIERON
24.1 XAN
24.2 ZURI
24.3 ZURI
25.1 AIJA
25.2 AIJA
25.3 AIJA
26.1 ZE
26.2 LUKA
27.1 THIERON
27.2 THIERON
27.3 AIJA
27.4 AIJA
28.1 GOLDSTAR
28.2 GOLDSTAR
28.3 NALA
29.1 AIJA
29.2 AIJA
29.3 AIJA
Part Three
30.1 IRIH'VA
30.2 RUYANIR
31.2 VAUGHN
32.1 ZURI
32.2 GOLDSTAR
32.3 THIERON
33 LUKA
34 RUYANIR
35.1 AIJA
35.2 AIJA
36.1 LUKA
36.2 ZE
37.1 IYLER
37.2 NALA
38.1 ZURI
38.2 AIJA
39 THIERON
ALLURE COVER
ALLURE PROLOGUE

31.1 XAN

34 8 0
Від sjmegrav

The story so far:

----Aija, Zuri, and Ze are three friends, who were working at the Pristine School at Innermost. Aija gets involved with the Ytai first, leading Zuri and Ze to them as well. Zuri falls in love with Nala (Lalana), who is Ytai, and works with Thieron. Aija and Ze are captured by Thieron, of H'eon, when they were at the Hospital - Aija was at the Hospital with Kuna of R'ies and Zuri to stop a Harvest; Ze was there to visit his sick student Xan. Thieron has bound Aija to himself, and Nala has bound Ze to herself. Luka works for Thieron(Ah'n), along with Lalana (Nala).

----Aija, Ze, Thieron, Luka, and Nala go to the South Land. Luka admits that they are there for a Harvest. While they are on the Harvest, they get stopped by a group of people - the Zayr. Aija and Ze meet Princess Ruyanir of the Zayr. Ze and the Princess have an instant connection. The Prince has requested Aija and Ze to meet him. Prince Irih' va and Aija have a conversation about the Àvo; he explains how it works.

----Aija seems to like the Prince. The Prince gives Aija a strand of his golden hair - for protection. Irih' va sees Aija in his future but isn't sure she will choose him. He wants her to choose him. Irih' va catches Ze using his powers, and he shows Ze that he, too, has the same powers.

---- Xan, who was Harvested, is now residing in a kitten. He is with Aija, and Ze, with the three Ytai - Thieron, Nala, and Luka. 

---- He's by himself when they all are on the South Land.

✽✽✽

****31.1 - Xan****

He sat huddled in the corner, under the seat, hoping not to be spotted. 

The automated voice announced the next stop, "Innermost, Pristine City One." 

Xan had taken a considerable risk and had left the small hill town. He now knew it was named Sier Ghat. The only place the name had been mentioned was on the platform at the Terra Turbo Station. 

Xan had seen the Ytai take Ms. Niyarah and Mr. Roan someplace. Ms. Niyarah had told him they'd take at least three or four days since they had been asked to pack for a few days. He had spent all night convincing himself and then finally run that morning. He would have to take a chance to try and see his family. 

It had been rather easy getting onto the train at Sier Ghat. There were no Secures around and hardly anyone else at the Station. Innermost presented a whole different challenge. There were Secures in every corner, and the people were many. And he supposed no one would like spotting a cat on the train. 

"This stop is, Innermost, Pristine City One." the automated voice announced. "This is the last stop." 

Xan carefully made his way towards the door. There were so many people on the train; he would have to be careful not to be stepped on. No one would be expecting a cat on the train. He wondered if he should dash out the moment the doors opened or wait for everyone to leave first. When the train stopped and the doors opened, he did neither. 

He waited until few passengers got down and then followed a huge bulky man out, keeping close to the man's heels. A few more people followed him out, and he hoped the people wouldn't notice him and would instead conceal him from the Secures and Secure Drones and Cams. 

He successfully got himself out of the Station and onto the roads. He knew the way home all too well. He ran, praying people wouldn't notice a lone cat running about the hectic City. 

Xan ran across the circular Park. As a cat, he found the Park from an interesting perspective. The flowers that fit in his palm were now bigger than his little cat-head. Even the colors were different. 

Xan slowed his pace as he reached his street. He stopped for a moment, taking in the view. The way he saw colors had changed now, but everything looked the same; every house, every tree, even the uneven curve of the street as it bent to join the next street. It wasn't fair that everything remained the same, but he had altered. He wasn't even in his human body anymore. 

He walked to his house and stood in front of it. His home was an average-sized one, but with his new height, it looked enormous. The beautiful blue paint now looked washed out and paled in his new vision. Yet, it evoked in him the same feelings. He was home. 

He slowly made his way across the grass and came to a halt at the front door. He stared up at it. He couldn't reach the handle or the doorbell. The door would have auto-unlocked for him if he was in his human form. But, now, the door stood adamantly closed in his presence. 

For just a moment, he considered turning around and leaving. What would happen even if he could go in? He was now a cat. His family wouldn't believe in a talking cat. Would Vaughn? So, what even if he did? Vaughn deserved better than being with a cat. It was impossible to go back to their old ways. Vaughn deserved the best in the world. 

Xan was about to turn around when the front door beeped open. It was Dae-Hyun, his younger brother. 

"Hey, little kitty," Dae-Hyun spoke, his voice soft. "You've been staring at our door. Want to come in?" 

Xan was ecstatic. It was his little brother. 

Dae-Hyun picked Xan up and took him in. 

"What's that, Dae-Hyun?" 

It was his mother. His beautiful mother, Hei-Ran. Dark circles rimmed her eyes; she had never had dark circles before. 

"Mama, here's a kitten," Dae-Hyun said. 

Xan wasn't sure what Hei-Ran would do as his brother placed him in his mother's arms. 

"He's cute," she said, holding him close. "I wonder what he's doing all alone so far." 

He held himself close to her. He missed her terribly. She smelled sweet. 

"Look, Ma, he's hugging you," Dae-Hyun said, and Xan heard the happiness in his brother's voice. 

"Hmmm..." Hei-Ran said and set him down. 

There was the sound of music from his room; he stilled. It was a violin. He dashed to the room and found him sitting on his bed, playing the violin. Vaughn looked a little different because of his vision, but just as beautiful. 

Xan sat on the floor, and listened to Vaughn, play a beautiful piece of music. Dae-Hyun and his mother stood by the door to his room and watched him, curious. 

Xan had eyes only for the boy he loved. Tears slid down Vaughn's cheeks as he drew the bow across the strings creating beautiful music. 

Xan wished he were human. He wanted to hold Vaughn, and he wanted to kiss him. 

Vaughn finished the piece and set the violin down. He burst into tears, crying. Xan wanted to speak in CommLang. He wanted to tell Vaughn that he was alright – in whatever way it was. He was alive, at least. 

Xan meowed. It sounded unnatural to him, but it was what was naturally expected of a cat. The meow came out in the cat's voice, not his own. Vaughn opened his eyes, sniffling. His eyes widened at the sight of him. 

"He ran to the room as soon as he heard you playing," Dae-Hyun informed Vaughn. 

Vaughn wiped his tears. "You like music?" 

Xan meowed, Vaughn smiled. Xan wanted nothing more than to see Vaughn smile. Vaughn picked up the violin and played another piece. It was happier. 

His mom and Dae-Hyun left them alone. Vaughn played two more pieces and broke down into tears again. Xan jumped onto the bed and climbed on Vaughn's lap. He put his to paws on his chest and clung to the boy. Vaughn was warm, and he smelled amazing. His sobs shook his body, and Xan's heart broke. He was in as much pain as Vaughn was. 

Vaughn held Xan; his sobs quietened slowly. 

"You're a cute cat," Vaughn whispered. "You like music too, just like the boy I loved. I still love Xan. He's the only one I ever loved. I spent all my life with him. I don't know what to do without him; I can't go on without him. There are days where I feel crippled and can't get out of bed." 

Xan held onto Vaughn stronger. 

Vaughn opened his eyes and looked at Xan. He stroked his head and whispered, "You are like Xan, come to me in a cat's body. I feel better, thanks." 

Xan opened his mouth to speak, to take a chance, and Ingrid came into the room running. "Dae-Hyun told me there's a cat here." 

Vaughn handed Xan to his sister. Ingrid smiled. 

"He reminds me of Xan for some reason," she muttered under her breath and walked out of the room with him. "I miss Xan. Vaughn, mom asked you to stay for dinner!" she called out to Vaughn. 

His entire family was home, even Royd. It must be the weekend; he had lost track of time. His father looked weak. He never had once seen his father look so worn out, even from the extra work. 

Eun set him a bowl of milk on the kitchen floor. "Go on, kitty," his elder sister told him. "Have the milk. It's all fine." 

Eun looked sad, despite the smile on her lips. All of his family seemed the same. They were trying to go through the daily motions one after the other. They were pushing themselves to be normal – at least some semblance of it. 

Xan had the milk; it was the least he could do for them at the moment – accept their kindness. 

He went about the whole house, looking at his home. He missed it. He went back to his room and stood at the door, looking in. 

"Look, Ma, he's going back to Xan's room." Ingrid's voice came from the main room. "I feel it is Xan, come to revisit us." 

"Oh, Ingrid..." his mother's voice was sad. 

"It must have escaped from the Hospital." Leif's voice came from the kitchen. "We're taking it back tomorrow." 

"But it is Xan!" Ingrid protested. 

Xan wandered back into his room and sat, looking around at his stuff. Everything had been left untouched, including his cello. Almost as if they were waiting for him to return home, waiting for things to return to normalcy. 

Xan climbed up his study desk. There were photos of him laid out on it along with a few forms from the Innermost Secures Headquarters labeled 'Investigation" next to his Scroll, which was being charged as if he would appear any second and needed to start using it again. He touched the device, and the screen lit up, showing a photo of him and Vaughn. Both of them looked happy; Vaughn was his home. 

Vaughn was curled up on his bed. The evening light streaming in through the window fell on him, creating a halo on his hair. Vaughn was handsome. Xan jumped lightly on to the bed and curled up next to him. Something in Vaughn's hand caught his attention. It was a small piece of paper. Xan pawed at it and brought it out of Vaughn's clasp. 

He managed to open the folded piece of paper and on it was something written in beautiful cursive handwriting - a rarity considering people rarely wrote, and paper was almost outdated. It read: 

'Xan Ae Lee gave his soul to save the Earth. He asked to tell you he loved his family and Vaughn. He asked to tell that he wants the Earth to be a better place for his family and Vaughn. His sacrifice won't go in vain.' 

Xan's breath hitched. They had relayed his message. 

Who had? Thieron? After living with him, he knew Thieron wasn't capable of emotions. Who then? Luka? Luka was the kinder one among them. It could be possible. But why? Why had he given the message? Luka didn't care for humans. He Harvested their souls. 

'His sacrifice won't go in vain.' What a lie! They were killing humans to destroy the human race forever and take over Earth. If only he had known the truth back then. What would have happened? Nothing too different, he realized. Thieron would have killed him either way. So, why had he asked for his permission? 

Xan was glad to be alive, even as a cat. He was grateful to Ms. Niyarah for releasing him. Ms. Niyarah was stuck with the aliens too. But, she was trying in her own ways, small as they may be, to try and stop them from their evil work. 

Xan reread the note. He was still alive; he still had a chance to make the Earth better – he had to stop those human-looking aliens. He had to try, just like Ms. Niyarah was trying. He would help her in his own way. 

He watched Vaughn, finally looking peaceful in his sleep. He looked out the door of his room, into the darkening home. He had given his soul for the sake of a better life for his family, and Vaughn and his family too. He couldn't run from it now; he would have to give it a try. 

Xan climbed onto his desk, and Vaughn moaned in his sleep, disturbed for a moment by the movement. Xan looked around the desk for the ink pad and didn't find it. He found Vaughn's bag open on the desk; he went into it and found the ink pad in it. Xan and Vaughn used to press their thumbprint on each other's palms as kids. The last time they'd done, Xan was lying sick in the Hospital. 

He struggled to open it with his paws; he tried to open it with his teeth. After a few minutes of struggle, he finally managed to get it open, but it fell to the floor. 

The sound woke Vaughn, Xan looked at him. Vaughn was still half asleep, and he curled tighter on the bed. Xan pressed his paw into the ink pad climbed onto the bed. He left his paw-print on the note and Vaughn's palm. 

Vaughn moaned and shifted in his sleep. He whispered, "Xan?" 

Xan stilled; Vaughn's eyes were still closed. 

"Yes, Vaughn," Xan whispered into Vaughn's ear. 

Vaughn frowned but stayed still, half-asleep. He whispered a parting message in his ear. 

Xan wasn't sure if Vaughn would remember what he had told him, but many times Xan had whispered things into Vaughn's ear when he was on the cusp of sleep and being awake. Many times, Vaughn remembered it. Xan had retaken a chance. Maybe this time, too, he would remember. 

Xan left his room and walked into the main room. His family was there, watching the news with rapt attention – even the young twins. He hoped and prayed they would move on soon, for their own sake. He would do what it took to save the Earth, even as a cat. He would help Ms. Niyarah; she was braver. 

He took one last look at his parents and siblings, memorizing them into his memory, not knowing how long it would remain. And, he left through the open window of his room, back to Sier Ghat. 

✽✽✽

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Rhodoreef Від Su Vida

Наукова фантастика

12.2K 2.3K 53
𝗔𝗠𝗕𝗬𝗦 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥 · 23x FEATURED · An Asian sci-fi retelling of The Little Mermaid that steers the tale you know in a whole new funky...
317K 32.6K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
51.3K 3.5K 41
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 '𝐖𝐚𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞'. In a world of strict r...
1.7M 93.1K 79
Bhawna Sinha, Cute, lazy, silly, have crush on her handsome and charming neighbour Aryan Saxena who is ACP officer while she is studying in college. ...