Stony OneShots (SteveXTony)

By i_ship_ship

You know, Captain America and Iron Man,right? Just something a little more private from their life ;) A mix o... More

1: We Fight all the Time
2: Strip it, Steve
3: Bye Bye, Denial!
4: Vacation Love (1)
5: Vacation Love {2}
6: Date Night
7: Let it Go
8: Webbed Hearts
9: Did someone kiss me?
10: Our Goddess of a Daughter? {1}
11: Our Goddess of a Daughter? {2}
12: Our Goddess of a Daughter? {3}
13: Flirty Captain
14: Stranger with a Weird Connection
15: Jealous Moments {1}
16: Shut up and Just Hug Me
17: I'm not Flirting, I'm being Nice
18: Good Luck Kisses
19: What? You asked for it
20: Brutal Beginnings
21: Getting You Back {1}
22: Getting You Back {2}
23: Dear Future Husband
24: You're only MY Piece of Art
25: Jealous Moments {2}
26: The Fry Way
27: A Virgin Playboy (AU)
28: Shouldn't you be sleeping?
29: Jealous Moments {3}
30: Hold On! I still Need You
31: Blind Dates
32: Stuck Tony!
33: You're Insecure. Don't know what for?
34: True Love {1}
35: True Love {2}
36: A Date Out
37: A Search for Steve {Crossover}
39: All of Me loves All of You

38: A Search for Steve {Crossover}

808 32 33
By i_ship_ship

Currently in New York, everyone was eyeing the two detectives who were sipping on tea sitting in the Avengers Compound. Sherlockand John could see through each and every one of their faces. The way Clint's leg keep bouncing, he was impatient to know what is happening and what was going to happen. Wanda's worrisome expression, the creases on her forehead and Vision's hand soothing her back clearly indicated that she was beyond concerned for Steve. Both Sherlock and John exchanged a look before putting their cups down and beginning with the job.

"So, who's the best friend?" Sherlock asked although he had seemed to gather enough information on Bucky Barnes.
"I am!" Bucky rose his metal arm from where he was sitting with yet another concerned expression just like everyone else.
"I see. And you're the boyfriend?" Sherlock lightly smirked as he pointed at Tony whilst asking the question. Tony grunted annoyed.
"For the last time, I and Steve were not in a relation. We were not even close to something like that!" Tony grunted.
"Oh we'll see about that" Sherlock said standing up leaving behind him a bewildered Tony and chuckling John.

Somehow the question lightened the atmosphere around the room as everyone smiled under their cloak's at Tony's annoyance. They all knew.

"You want to check the rooms?" John asked.
"Do you see the need of it?" Sherlock asked back.
"Nah. I think there isn't anything in here. We should tick off the suspects" John eyed the room only to find everyone looking back in confusion.
"You're right but can I see the text message you recieved, Mr Stark?" Sherlock brought his hand out in front of Tony who instantly opened his StarkPhone and placed it in his palm.

Sherlock couldn't help but internally sympathise with the man for how muvh he was in love and denial at the same time. He looked over the message for a few seconds then handed it over to John to inspect.

"You said you recieved this message and hurried to find Captain Rogers but by the time you got downstairs and went to search for him, he was already taken?" Sherlock confirmed as Tony nodded in affirmative.
"Yes. I honestly ran down with the speed of light but it didn't work out. They were too fast" Tony shook his head in misery, as if blaming himself for it.
"Yeah they were. Steve had not even left minutes before Tony stepped down" Natasha spoke.
"And with the time they talked and ran to get Steve, i am assuming that Steve must've been taken from the compounds boundaries because he always circles the compound about ten times as warm-up before he leaves for the regular laps. And it definitely takes him around twenty minutes" Sam added in as Sherlock, a smile skowly making its way on his lips.
"How could anyone be so fast? They must've planned it out before sending Tony the text" Quicksilver or Pietro spoke softly.
"You all are wrong right there. The text wasn't sent to Tony before taking Steve. It was sent after they already had Steve" Sherlock deduced as he took hold of the phone and placed it in Tony's hands "Here. Read it. It says 'The Captain is ours' which means he was already there's. They had him abducted first and then had sent a text to you. Of course, they were not taking any chances"
They all took a minute to a realize, nodding their head along eith the mastermind.

"Here's what we are going to do. Find everything and anything with a skull logo on it" Sherlock spoke up minutes later. Everyone looked at him confused as he continued "This skull emoji at the end pf the message, this is a clue. You all have any idea?"
Just as he said so, Tony's eyes widened.
"Red Skull!" He gasped before his face turned red with aner and his fists were tightly closed.
"Red Skull, Mr Stark?" Sherlock could already pick on an enemy.
"He's the one who lead Hydra. He was after Steve, then and now, he's back. But how come? Steve completely ended their system, broke down everything, he was gone" Tony murmured.
"Exactly, Tony. My people have been keeping a close eye on Hydra's everything just because we feared a reboot but not even a single trace we got" Fury entered the room as everyone grunted. Sherlock and John eyed him.
"Good afternoon, sir" John brought his hand out to shake with the Head of them all. Fury nodded in acknowledgement shaking his hand.
"Fury, nothing else links with a Skull and Steve, better than this. Plus, if they were gone for two weeks with Steve and we still couldn't find them then they definitely could've gotten away from your eye as well" Tony reprimanded as everyone in the room nodded alongside him.
"A very well-done deduction, Mr Stark but it is not this Red Skull dude. In fact, there's no skull involved at all anymore" Sherlock smirked as Tony looked at him bewildered.
"Sherl, explain to them. Don't give them half-news" John spoke giving his boyfriend a stern eye. He knew how much his potential hubby loved seeing others confused. It pleased Sherlock for some reason and at the same time, ticked him off too.

"They are using it as a bait. Whoever they are, they want you to think it's RedSkull so that you will be involved in searching for him and not them. By now, they would be thinking they have beem successful considering it's already been two weeks. They would be thinking that you're looking everywhere for Red Skull because you haven't gotten to them. Little do they know that you haven't been doing that either. Just searching aimlessly for two weeks" Sherlock's words made the others look down, with guilt "But a good criminal is never impatient. Three weeks, maximum. He will wait a week more. He is a hiding, that is why we cannot find him. Once he is satisfied to his hearts content, he will csrry out with his activities because by then, we will make sure he believes that we've given up search for the Captain" Sherlock and Tony exchanged a look as the Genius nodded at the Mastermind in understanding.

"How about we make a press release tomorrow? We tell everyone that Steve has left The Avengers and has resorted to living a normal life?" Sam suggested.
"No. No. Firstly, that excuse is- well, not the best. He is Captain America, he has a powerful serum injected in him and has no other goals to achieve in life except for being a warrior, everyone would catch on that. Why would he leave his one and onlt home?" John Watson spoke.

The mention of the word 'home' left a painful taste in Tony's mouth. He missed his home. He missed Steve.

"Secondly, making a press release tomorrow is too early. You all are the Avengers, no one thinks you would give up. No on think you'd give up so easily that you'd make a press release on it. No. That would only raise suspicion" John concluded as the others nodded.
"Then, what should be done?' Clint asks.
"John, honey, you have any suggestions?" Sherlock asked his boyfriend who tried not to blush. How many times do I have to explain to this man not to address me like that while on duty!?
"Uh-uh, yes" John managed to stutter out as the other people in the room smiled at how adorable the two could be "We have to make it slow. We have to do something through our actions that makes people, press and the government question about where Steve is. In very simple words, we don't tell them, they have to ask us" John looked around as everyone gave him a serious look. Shit, he was good.
"I am so proud of you" Sherlock whispered in his ears, closing up oh him and gave him a peck on the cheek.
"So, as my future husband said. We have to do just that. And in case, someone is still not quite grasping it. They laid down a bait for us, we lay down one for them" Sherlock gave them all smile as the others felt a lot of weight drop down from their hearts.

All except one. The one who didn't even really feel his heart since the past few weeks because the reason his heart felt alive was gone and it seemed to him, that his heart was gone with the reason as well.
______________________________________________

Three days have gone by with Sherlock and Dr Watson staying at the Avengers Compound. In these three days, the Avengers and SHIELD have done everything they possibly could to draw attention to the fact that the Captain was missing. And it seemed like the plan was working. Fury had been called today by the Board of Directors to talk about something 'obviously wrong' whereas Tony was to attend an interview tonight that was 'specifically' going to be about the Avengers.

Tony was all dressed, walking out of the compound when he stopped by the living room watching John and Sherlock cuddle on the love seat. He smiled. He had grown fond of the two.

"You know, John. I would've never been able to bear if I were Tony and you were Steve, you know?" Sherlock's words caught Tony's attention.
"I know right. It's sad that the Tony is in denial" John replied.
"Let's get married the very second we get back home!" Sherlock proposed making the latter laugh slightly.
"C'mon, Sherl. You're taking it to your head" John flicked Sherlock's forehead.

"No, John. I'm taking it to my heart. You mean a lot to me. And we- we almost do the exact same thing as these Avengers do. Just that our work requires brain and theirs, the body. I still can't forget that night you were trapped in fire or that time left to drown in the well. All because of being my partner. John, as much as you're my greatest strength, you're my only weakness now as well. My Only Weakness. And I proudly own that. People would come at you from all sides to drag me. And I can't bear that. Let's just get married, settle down somewhere quiet and end all this detective work. We can do something else. Earn some other way. Your blog! We can update it daily!" Sherlock's words hit John in the heart as he looked at the man he loved with tears in his eyes. John turned, cupping Sherlock's face in his palms.

"Sherlock Holmes, I've never felt more loved by anyone than you. And if I were to die because they considered me your weakness, then I'd rather die and that too, with happiness and pride. You know you're equally my strength and weakness as well, right? But Sherl, I know that you love your work and I love being with you in it. Remember the first time we met and then how I wanted to leave? But I eventually came back because damn you, I got addicted. So, none of us would be able to live without this anyways. Yes, let's get married but let's not settle for anything less than a real, detective game" John's words made Sherlock smile who nodded leaning in and kissing his future husband.

If Sherlock was the brain, then John was his logic.
If Sherlock was the emotions, then John was his control.
If Sherlock was the detective, then John was his Dr Watson.
Always.

Far away, a man had shed a few tears. Tears he hadn't known had escaped his eyes. Tony could feel the need for Steve within him. He badly wanted to hug his old man and kiss him senseless. He wanted him back and this time, he would make things right. He would confess to Steve and make him his husband, even if that took him till the end of his life. Cleaning his tears, Tony Stark walked into that interview with a new vigour and determination.

As deduced, everything went just according to plan. The Board of Directors had confronted Fury about Steve's recent disappearance to which the sly man had tactfully replied with a 'Just taking some time off'. Whereas Tony was asked why Captain America isn't on screens for a while. The young genius that had mastered the act of a sombre expression had maintained it pretending to stutter for a minute until replying 'yeah, he's around' and then, softly sniffling.

"Mr. Stark, I must say you've just lit the canon right in place!" Sherlock smiled looking at the interview playing in front of him.
"I just want him to get back as soon as possible" Tony's voice was laced with pressure.
"Don't worry. He'll be okay and back soon" John rubbed a hand over his back. Tony gave him a grateful smile.

The next morning, Tony who had coincidentally slept in his workshop was woken up abruptly by loud noises around him. He looked up too everyone ecstatic and full of energy. Most of them were in their suits as well.

"What's going on?" He asked them confused.
"It worked!" Pietro yelled excitedly.
"What?" Tony was wide awake now.
"The plan, Tony. Your statement somehow attracted huge public attention. Everyone wants the Captain out. They've already asked us to sit an interview and called for Steve as well!" Natasha explained. Tony nodded in shock and glee both.

Later that morning, the OG5 sat in front of an interviewer who eyed them skeptically.
"Where's Captain America?" Was the interviewers first question.
"Uh. He couldn't make it" Natasha pretended to solemnly lie.
"What do you mean? Miss Romanoff, you do realize he has been off the public eye for too long right? Everyone wants to see him" somehow the interviewer looked super pissed off. The OG5 exchanged a few looks before Tony cleared his throat.
"The Captain is gone. He- We cannot find him" Tony looked down for a minute before standing up and leaving the interview.
Soon, he was met with Natasha, Clint, Thor and Bruce. The deed was done.

Next morning came sooner than ever. This time again Tony was woken up at the same place and time but not by the others rather by Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock had placed a cup of coffee in front of him and made himself comfortable on a seat across him.

"How's it going?" Tony rubbed his sleepy eyes.
"We have a lead" Sherlock spoke calmly but Tony was already on his feet.
"What? Where? Let's go get them then!" Tony hurried.
"Calm down, Mr Stark. Let JARVIS make sure we're on spot first. Then we can proceed" Sherlock replied making the latter nod before sitting down again, solemn.

"Why don't you accept it?" Sherlock asked.
"Huh?" Tony looked confused.
"You love him" Sherlock stated.
"I do" this time Tony said with determination, a small smile on his face. Sherlock looked at him with surprise and a smile as well.
"Well, I'm glad you've realized. Don't let it go, Mr Stark. You find love only really once in life. A love that makes you feel loved" Sherlock stood up, taking a big sip from his mug and giving Tony a smile.
"Thank you very much. And I won't. I've learned from someone that true love, where it is a strength, it is also ones greatest Weakness" Tony smiled knowingly at Sherlock who smiled back.

No later, JARVIS confirmed the coordinates of the movement that had taken place very secretively in a port at the far end of New York. It seemed like they were moving in groups. And the onky way to figure out was to send a few eyes out hence, Clint and Sam were sent first. The rest of the Avengers were keeping an eye out.

Clint, from far away, observed the discussions going on while Sam, on the other hand, made his way to try and infiltrate the camp. Once he was in, he had sent Clint a signal informing him that thwir lead was right and that Captain was in there. The second that message transferred to the rest, Tony had already taken his flight out. The others were precautious but Sherlock had just held them back by simply saying "Let him go, it's his chance"

Tony had shot almost everyone that came to fight against him. The minute he had stepped foot into the camp, he had sworn to have no mercy. When he finally made his way to the one room that said 'Only for Chief Barkua', he was shocked to see a man trying to undress Steve. Steve, conversely, was trying his best to pry the other man's hands off but for some reason he seemed to have little or no energy. To say Tony was angry at the scene unfolding before him would be an understatement, he was furious. He ripped the man off Steve's body, throwing him into one of the machines on the side. Slowly pulling down Steve's shirt, he placed him a comfortable position on the pathetic excuse of a bed before turning around and facing the man again. Tony could feel his heart nearly breaking at the vulnerable sight of Steve. Steve didn't even recognize Tony.

He saw the man drink a vile before emitting a loud roar. Tony snorted loudly. He now knew why Steve was brought here. Another madman trying to recreate the Super Serum but failing miserably. The man in front of him seemed to be in an overdrive. Tony shot a laser bomb at him causing almost all of him to collapse. It took two more laser shots until the man lay almost dead on the floor. Tony checked his name tag that said 'Barkua' so he was the leader. He sent out a message for someone to come get the man before holding Steve bridal style and flying away with him.

While flying, Tony couldn't even look down at the man he had so willingly accepted to be in love with while he was absent. The Steve in his hands right now was someone who was in a life and death situation. Tony was concerned, worried about how things would take place there onwards.

Tony landed directly in the compound, immediately taking Steve to the already waiting Bruce. He sat with Steve throughout his examination. He looked thinner and so weak. So much unlike his usual Captain America demeanor. Bruce told everyone that Steve had been drugged more than anyone's imaginable capacity and with several, unfamiliar medications as well. Probably to keep him down since his energy capacity is different than normal people. But it was treatable. Steve needed almost a month of complete bed rest and constant supervision. Bruce was unsure whether Steve would suffer from some post-trauma symptoms or not.

But Tony didn't listen to anything, he just sat there. Numb. Looking at the man in front of him. The man whom he once worshipped, whom he still worships. He looked at the man who never gave up on life ever and who also gave Tony the same hope. Steve had never been the one to lie around but today, right now, in front of Tony, Steve lay helpless. One tear, Two tears and then an entire sob shook through Tony's body as the younger cried near the olders limp body. He didn't know how he would make past this. Worse of all, He blamed himself for all that had happened to Steve.

"Tony, eat something" Natasha had asked him for the nth time that day.
"Is that man concious now?" Tony asked, stone cold.
"Ahrm. Yes but I think we can handle tha- Tony!" Natasha was interrupted by a Tony that was already marching off to the Compounds little prison cell.
"Tony, come on. Don't let your emotions override you!" Natasha berated only to be shunned when Tony almost pinned her to the wall.
"My Emotions, Agent Romanoff! MY EMOTIONS! Do you want to know what my emotions are!? My emotions are completely over the place! I realize I like a man but that man is on a bed, laying half dead up there and I cannot even let him know! And I don't even know if I would be able to let him know! All because of that man inside. He brought a super soldier to the bed!!!" Tony yelled in her face.

Natasha gasped for a minute. This was the first time Tony ever admitted to liking Steve and her heart broke knowing the circumstances they were under.

"Mr Stark, getting it out on Ms Romanoff will hardly benefit you, you know" Sherlock's calm voice brought Tony out of his anger burst as he realized how he had pinned Natasha to the wall. He immediately pulled back, clearing his throat, his expression softening.
"I- I am sorry. I did-didn't mean to" he said. But Natasha just stood there stuck for a minute. Tony looked at her again "Nat, I'm really sorry" Tony kind of pleaded but was shushed when Natasha stepped ahead and hugged him.
"Hey Tones. I'm really proud of you" her words were hushed, soft, almost a whisper but their impact on Tony was enough to get the man who hasn't broken down in front of the world since the entire ordeal to sob uncontrollably right there. He held onto Natasha and cried his heart out.

John and Sherlock in the back could only hold onto eachother and look at the man with sympathy. They really couldn't imagine the burden and emotional pain Stark would be going through. To finally find love and to watch it slip right through time even before fully claiming it. That must be terrible to feel. Natasha's own strong walls broke down as Tony's sobs got stronger, more vehement. She softly let out a few cries while patting him on the back.

"It'll be alright" she would say words like this time and again "He'll be fine" "Don't worry" "Isnt he the strongest among us all?" "Your love will come back to you"

Amidst her consoling, a swoosh of silver rose in the atmosphere as Pietro stood behind them, huffing. It seems like someone exerted extra energy to reach their even more speedily.

"Its the Captain, he- um- he woke up" he breathed out and even before his words could finish, they all were already rushing to Tony's room upstairs. He had specifically gotten it all cleaned up and comfortable for Steve to stay in. Steve always loved Tony's room and he at elast deserved to rest there.

As they entered, they saw Sam smiling while standing behind Bucky who sat on a stool near Steve's bed and was patting his shoulder or something. While on the other side, Bruce was checking something up on the machines and Clint stood behind him, as of making sure everything was good.

But what stood out was that sight on the bed. The curtains on the window behind Steve's bed were pulled open and fresh sunlight was pouring through them making the entire scene look even more pretty. Steve lay on the bed, the smallest hints of a smile gracing his features. The natural light illuminated every single freckle on his face. Even though bruised, to Tony he looked like a new born baby with absolutely ethereal features. His golden hair, although unwashed for days, were shining as if newly blow dried while his golden-brown orbs reflected some other hint of prettiness. Tony felt like all breath had been knocked out of him. Why did it feel like he was experiencing Steve all over again? Like for the first time when he saw that Captain America poster in his school and he had swooned over those perfectly straight white teeth, and ran a very firm hand over those abs showing out from his neoprene blue suit. Why did it feel like he was wanting to fall in love? Why did he want to suddenly blur out the existence of every single person in the room except for himself and Steve? Why did he almost reach his hand out to trace Steve's features from almost the end of the room but realizing his stupidity pulled it back? Why did this all suddenly felt unreal? Was he dreaming?

Tony stumbled back a little, shaking his head, clearing his thoughts. He rose his head again to see everyone, now by Steve's side. He was getting introduced to Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson. He seemed quite impressed. Tony smiled as Steve's smile grew a little wider. He found a corner, a small distance away from the bed and stood with its support, his arms folded and one feets toe over the others. He pretended to be cool but smiled genuinely at the happy scene unfolding before him. His family looked so peaceful and happy after days. And Steve was back as well. Everything would be fine now, wouldn't it? But as if on spot Tony remembered that while Steve was away, Tony had accepted his feelings for him and now, he had to live with them. Tony immediately straightened up, his entire being now a blush crimson color.

He awkwardly walked behind Sherlock realizing that he will ultimately have to face Steve anyways and welcome him back. As if on cue, everyone started making space for Tony leaving the man even more awkward. He gave them all a tight-lipped smile before standing right next to Steve's bed, his eyes anywhere but there. He has no words.

"Hey, Capsicle. Ho-How's it going?" He did a weird hand movement pointing at the wiring attached to Steve's body. Steve let out a chuckle but immediately winced as well, causing the younger to almost hurry to his side "What's wrong? Are you alright?"

In his concern, however, Tony didn't realize that he was now crouching over Steve, sitting too close to him. As he rose his head at the lack of reply, he was met with the closest proximity he has been in to Steve. Their lips mere inches apart, and eyes, eyes boring into one another. Tony let out a breath.

"A-are y-you o-okay?" Tony cleared his throat ready to move away but a hand on the back of his neck held him. Steve's hand. Tony looked at him with wide eyes.

Steve pushed Tony's head closer and then finally they kissed. It was a soft, sweet kiss. Slightly urgent but patient enough to deliver the need and love both. As they parted, Tony blushed red all over while Steve smirked.

"What was that!?" Tony muttered incoherently, looking anywhere but into those golden orbs.
"My love for you" Steve's words made Tony look at him at the speed of light "I missed you, Tones. A lot. And I just want you to know that I love you, I always have. I don't care if you reciprocate my feelings or not but while I was away, at deaths bay. It was then that I truly realized that no one mattered to me more than you and in that moment the only place i wanted to be at was you, my home. So yeah, um I kinda like you a lot. Like love love lot" Steve had gotten red by the end of his confession and had also diverted his eyes.

Tony, on the other hand, was weeping tears of joy. How could he not? He had never felt this blessed in decades. It felt like all the sadness that was given to him in early life was replaced by happiness in a spur of a moment. Tony leaped on Steve and kissed him senseless. Just how he wanted to in all these past weeks. As they broke apart, their foreheads resting on one another, they shared a soft, sweet laugh.

"I love you too, my Capsicle. And there's no place I'd rather be than be with you, my home too" Tony confessed.

~Love may be a lot of things but it never leaves you unsatisfied.

______________________________________________
A/N:

Guysss, how was it? This crossover took me a lot of time to write because things have been so busy and I have started so many other works here on wattpad as well. But well, I finally finished it. THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the love and support you show to these oneshots. I'll end this book soon tho :( after responding to some reqs tho :) so yeah.

Keep supporting, xD.

-N

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 321 44
(!!UNDER EDITING!!) This is one shots and group chats of our favorite family having time together mostly ironwidow and spider son and of course there...
295K 3.7K 37
Marvel One Shots I'm comfortable writing anything, just message me a request :)
326K 6.5K 43
Different imagines of situations with different marvel characters - most will be avengers - I do not own any of the marvel characters- all rights fo...
1.7M 39K 190
Requests are closed! Imagines all done by me, posted on my Tumblr, @that-sokovian-bastard. Also cross-posted to my AO3 @allltimelilly. Most of my sto...