The It Factor

By XxSwimmer_ChickxX

The It Factor is a popular TV show that features young talent in their quest to become a star. When Serenity... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 22

492 19 7
By XxSwimmer_ChickxX

"Kyle, Andrew, please stop!" I screamed, storming my foot.  They just laughed and continued running, completely ignoring my desperate plea.  They were playing tag in the airport.  We had only been of the plane for ten minutes and they were already running around like wild kids.

"Holy shit, this is scarier then I thought it would be."  Tristan gasped, making me turn around.  I screamed.

"Get down!" I yelled grabbing his arm and yanking him.  Tristan was standing on the luggage claim, slowly going around in a circle with the rest of the bags.  He laughed as he fell down, rolling off of the lift and knocking three suit cases with it.  I groaned, throwing my hands in the air.

They were trying to kill me!

"Scott," I screamed, running over to him, "That's not yours!"  He was pulling a back suit care from the baggage claim that was clearly not his.  It had a pink ribbon around the handle.  Suddenly an old lady with gray hair yanked it out of his hands, giving him an evil glare. "I'm so sorry ma'am," I said, grabbing Scott's hand and pulling him away.

"Oops," Scott shrugged, giving me an innocent smile.  I sighed heavily, running a hand through my hair.  If I didn't make it through today, it woldn't surprise me.

"Do you know where Kyle and Andrew went?" I asked, quickly looking around.  He pointed to the left, smirking.  After a few seconds my eyes narrowed on two familiar figures running up the down escalator.  "Damn it," I hissed, stomping my foot, "Stay here with Tristan, get the rest of the luggage."

Angrily I stomped in the direction of the rowdy boys.  Could they not stand still for ten minutes?  We weren't even outside yet!

"Kyle and Andrew get your asses down here!" I screamed, earning strange stars from several people around me.  I was beyond caring.  Both of the boys froze, turning to look at me.  They exchanged scared glances before turning and running away from me. "Get down here right now or I will ground you!"

"No you won't!" Kyle laughed over his shoulder, "You can't"  I crossed my arms, tapping my foot.  He would be a fool not to believe me.

"Oh yes I can, I'm in charge," I said, trying to keep calm.  I was so close to yelling, "All you will be able to do is sit in your hotel room for the next five days until we have to go to Battle Field."  They turned suddenly, staring at me with wide eyes.

"You wouldn't dare," Andrew hissed, staring at me suspiciously.  I shrugged, turning around and walking away.

"If you want to test that theory, be my guest."  I could see Scott and Tristan waiting for me, thank God they haden't broken anyone or anything in the time left them alone.  Kyle and Andrew started whispering behind me, I knew they were thinking about my threat.

Three...

Two....

Both the boys went flying past me, tackling the other two boys that were waiting.  I rolled my eyes, grabbing my suit case and heading towards the door.  I had put enough effort into them, if they got lost or didn't follow me, sucks to be them.

I glanced at my papers The it Factor sent to me.  It said there would be a car waiting to take us to our hotel.  Once outside I pulled on my new sunglasses and started looking around, trying to find what would be our ride.

Then my eyes landed on a familiar face.  My heart almost stopped right then and there.  His eyes connected with mine, a huge smile stretching onto his face.

"Vincent!" I squealed, leaving my bag and running over to him.  I jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist.  Chuckling, he spun me around a few times. "What are you doing here?!"

"Kyle told me you flew out today and I couldn't wait to see you," He said, gently setting me down on the ground.  I stared at him for a few seconds, still not quite believing that he was really here.

"I see you found him," Kyle commented, walking up besides us.  He had grabbed my suit case I had abandoned, "Hey, bro, good to see you." They all did their guy hand-hug thing while I watched, still shocked.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I exclaimed, slapping Kyle's head.  He laughed, wincing.

"It was a surprise, geese, just be happy, woman!"  He exclaimed, playfully hitting me back.  I stuck my tongue out at him before looking at the paper again.

I sighed, "Guys, we only have thirty minutes to check into the hotel.  We have to go."  Dang it, I had just reconnected with Vincent, it wasn't about to end so quick. "So do you want to go out to dinner with us tonight, Vincent?"  I asked, giving him a hopeful smile.

He nodded, "Of course," He sad, giving me another quick hug. "I have to go pick up Anna, anyway.  I'll text you guys later."   As he jogged away my mind was thrown into a frenzy.  Who was Anna?  What the hell?

"Are you Silent City?"  Someone asked, grabbing my attention and making me turn around.  He was a middle aged man with greying hair, wearing a blue shirt that said 'Puals Taxi Service' on it.

"Yeah," Kyle said, looking him over.  Sighing, I mentally face palmed myself.  It had been a few days since Kyle had read our information packet, so he was probably confused as to why a random guy was talking to us.

"Right, I'm your driver," The man said, locking eyes with me, "May I take your bag, miss?"

"Thank you," I said, handing him the handle.  He tried to take my cary on, but I clutched it tighter to my chest.  My phone was inside, and after that promise of a text from Vincent, it wasn't leaving my side.  He rose an eyebrow but shrugged, motioning for us to follow him.

"Sorry it's nothing fancy," The guy said, shoving my bag into a mini van.  The boys also let him put their suit cases inside.

"We don't mind," I said quickly, not wanting the boys to make any rude remarks.  After their annoying banter all day I wasn't going to trust them.  He smiled at us before climbing into the car, the rest of us following suit.  I got into the back mushed between Kyle and Scott.  Big mistake.

"Woo, it's pretty here," Scott observed, looking out at the palm trees.  He was right, it was gorgeous.  I'm not sure why, but for some reason everything seemed lighter and more calm here.

The driver chuckled, "That's what people have been saying all day.  You're here for The it Factor, right?" 

"Yes," Tristan said, obviously thinking the same thing I was.  How would he know?  We didn't have anything on us that said 'oh look at me I'm on a TV show,' so how?

"I've been driving people for that show all day," He nodded, turning into the hotel parking lot, "You're staying at one of the best hotels in LA."  I looked out the window and realize he was right.  I'm not even sure how many stories this building was, but it was beautiful

It was made out of almost all reflective gold glass, there was a huge beautiful fountain in the front, and lush green grass everywhere.  It took my breath away.

We all got out of the car silently, thanked the man, and made our way into the loby area.  It was just as amazing as the outside.  It was huge!  Everywhere people were dressed in suits, fancy dresses, they were dress up.  I felt so out of place in my sweat pants, tank top, and flip flops.

"May I help you?"  The lady at the front desk asked, looking at us with distaste.  She stuck up her nose, obviously thinking we were at the wrong place.  I walked up to her slowly, my flip flops clacking against the white tiled floor.

"Um, we'd like to check in," I said quietly, earning another weird glare from her. "We're Silent City."  Scoffing she typed something into her computer, and her jaw dropped.

"Oh, I see," She muttered, quickly running into the back room to get something.  A few seconds later she came back with a huge stack of papers in her hand. "You're from the contest.  I'm so sorry, I didn't realize."  She was blushing quite profusely now, and suddenly I felt important.  Was that weird?

"We don't mind," Andrew quickly said, leaning on the counter.  I winced slightly.  Because of their behavior earlier I was worried they would go crazy again and break something.  His arm was much to close to an expansive looking vase for comfort.

"Here are your room keys," She said, shoving several plastic keys into my hand. "This paper has your room numbers, and floor written on it.  Also included is the number for room service.  And this paper is one the TV company told me to give you.  I don't know what it says."  She handed me more papers, which I quickly looked over.

Rooms 576, 577, and 578.  Floor 5.

"Thank you," I muttered, grabbing my suit case and heading towards the elevators.  The boys started to follow me.

"Good luck on the contest!" She yelled at us, earning several glares from the people scattered around.  I mentally cringed.  She probably only wanted to talk to us because we we're going to be on a TV show.  Those were exactly the kind of people I wanted to avoid.

"Okay," I sighed once we were in the elevator, leaning against the wall, "Floor five," Kyle pushed the button, and we started our journey up. "They gave us three rooms, so-"

"I call the one to myself!" Kyle yelled, cutting me off.

"I'm sharing with Tristan!" Andrew screamed, wrapping his arms around Tristan's shoulders.  Crap, I shouldn't spoken faster. Something like this was bound to happen.

"No, I get the room to myself," I argued, stepping out of the elevator.  I checked the room numbers again, heading down the hall. "I'm in charge."

"But I want the room to myself!  You and Scott are buddies, you can share!"  Kyle whined, grabbing my arm and tugging it like a little kid.  I ignored him and kept walking, watching the room numbers as I went. "Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, plea-"

"Oh my God shut up!" I finally exclaimed, rubbing my temples.  A pounding headache was forming above my right eye. "Here is your damn room key!  Andrew, here's yours.  You only get one, so don't loose it."

"Yes!" Kyle exclaimed, kissing me on the cheek.  I chuckled at his weirdness and watched him run into his room.  Scott bumped my shoulder, making me turn to him.

"So we're roomies?"  He asked, a bright smile lighting up his face.  I smiled back, nodding.

"Looks that way," Without another word I put the key card through the slot, making it produce a 'ding,' and I walked in.

Holy shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
4M 196K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
13.1M 434K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...