Letters and Murmurs

By JacobAlexannderConne

What happens when you go from mute to a selective mute. Logan Blake Urie over the past year and a half has fo... More

Chapter One: New Starts to an Old Life
Chapter Two: Be Happy
Chapter Three: Mercy
Chapter Four: No Means No
Chapter Five: Maybe I'm Nothing
Chapter Six: I Mean It
Chapter Seven: Visit Me, But Not Now
Chapter Eight: Names to Wings
Chapter Nine: Dead
Chapter Ten: Previously
Chapter Eleven: Luckily or Not
Chapter Twelve: To the Sea
Chapter Thirteen: Oh, Calamity! Oh, Lucky me...
Chapter Fourteen: I am too
Chapter Fifteen: Early Christmas
Chapter Sixteen: The Party Scene
Chapter Seventeen: Only to me
Chapter Eighteen: Bones to Pick
Chapter Nineteen: Go Back Again
Chapter Twenty: Sirius, Goodbye
Chapter Twenty-One: Flowers Die Dude
Chapter Twenty- Two: More Than Friends
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dreams Only Last For a Night
Chapter Twenty- Four: Bloody Hands
Chapter Twenty-Five: Allowed
Chapter Twenty-Six: Can I?
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Free-ish
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Everything
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Feverish
Chapter Thirty: Ready to go
Chapter Thirty-One: Up, Up and Away
Chapter Thirty-Two: Woah there
Chapter Thirty-Three: Kolbi
Chapter Thirty-Four: Delirious
Chapter Thirty-Five: Love? No.
Chapter Thirty-Six: Gasoline
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Letter 1
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Mayday!
Chapter Forty: Don't Twist My Words
Chapter Forty-One: You and Me
Chapter Forty-Two: One Track Mind
Chapter Forty-Three: Don't Make Me
Chapter Forty-Four: Ideally
Chapter Forty-Five: Sing Me To Sleep
Chapter Forty-Six: Antidepressant
Chapter Forty-Seven: Recording
Chapter Forty-Eight: Line Light
Chapter Forty-Nine: Super Bowl
Chapter Fifty: Bite me
Chapter Fifty-One: Hometown
Chapter Fifty-Two: Help
Chapter Fifty-Three: Open
Chapter Fifty-Four: Doors
Chapter Fifty-Five: For Me
Chapter Fifty-Six: Weights
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Off
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Drunk Me Loves Sober You
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Family
Chapter Sixty: Read it
Chapter Sixty-One: Bitter
Chapter Sixty-Two: House Warming
Chapter Sixty-Three: Photographs
Chapter Sixty-Four: Sometime Soon
Sixty-Five: Dinner
Chapter Sixty-Six: Drink Anyone?
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Restrain Me
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Cold
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Match
Chapter Seventy: I Have A Secret
Chapter Seventy-One: Birthday

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Not Now

13 4 5
By JacobAlexannderConne

I stayed with Jack the night before the tour kicked off again. I had to bring all my shit over to Jack's and leave it by the door. Jack's place was oddly really clean. I was shocked I figured it would be covered with alcohol. Which, I mean it was but it was all in bottles and like sealed shut or opened and recapped. Jack had a loft where most of his alcohol was at. He took me through the rather 'tiny' apartment. I mean it wasn't exactly as big as my apartment but it wasn't small neither.

"Welcome to my place," Jack said and then threw his arms around me.

"Thanks. It's-"

"I know it needs a little work but I mean bachelor pad," he said pointing a finger at me as I nodded.

Jack definitely had that downright. There as a few rooms that had doors and I pointed my finger at different doors. The apartment was an open floor plan but it was rather small. I mean I was renting a small house. I looked at Jack as he looked at me and sighed.

"You don't like it?"

"I didn't say I didn't like it. It's just tiny. It is a little small but I have to remember that what works for me is different than what works for you."

"You have other people to worry about appealing to than me."

"Also I mean I figured it would be bigger because Alex told me he helped you pick this place. You have seen Alex and Lisa's place it's freaking massive," I made a grand gesture making Jack laugh at me.

Jack pulled on his earlobe before walking over to me and kissing me. I stood on my tiptoes to kiss him as he began to make small noises. He backed us up against a pillar in the apartment as I pulled at his shirt with my one good arm. I looked at him shaking his head as he groaned looking at his crotch.

"Come on!" Jack groaned while I chuckled running into a spare room.

I ran into what I guess would be a study or office. It had a few guitars in the room and a desk. On the desk, there was a letter that my eyes casually found. It was the letter I wrote to Jack. He had underlined and circled. I picked up the letter and looked at all the dots Jack was trying to connect. There were no dots to connect. I just wrote how I felt and I was a little upset Jack didn't take it at face value while he found me attacking me in kisses causing me to shriek and drop the letter.

The night passed all too quickly into the morning. I found out Jack was a complete and total morning person which I was not. I yawned as Jack leaned over me to kiss me a few more times. I had pulled a pillow over my face while Jack began to tug it away. I whined like a little kid until Zack Merrick came in and picked me up. He threw me over his shoulder while some crew members loaded our stuff.

"Merrick you're hurting my shoulder please for the love of God," I said and put my hand to my shoulder rubbing it as Zack dropped me onto the floor upright.

"Sorry, Logan. We gotta get a move on. You are okay though right?" Zack said and began to look at my shoulder.

"Yeah I got some painkillers I'll be fine. Thanks, Z," I waved him off as Ryleigh walked over to me in the back lounge.

Ryleigh and I cuddled in the back for a while. The boys got themselves reacquainted with one another and set up their bunks. Ryleigh had gotten the bunk below Zack which I found hilarious until I found out I got the top bunk. I was literally the shortest person on this tour and I get the top bunk. I wasn't even near my boyfriend either. I had contemplated moving onto my dad's bus but just thinking about that disaster made me not want. The more I looked at the top bunk I finally found my excuse for switching with Alex.

"Hey, Lex?" I called out rather loudly standing in front of the bunk.

"Yeah?" Alex answered back before shimming his way through the bodies of crew members.

"How am I supposed to get to my bunk?" I said looking up at it.

"Well you know climb," Alex furrowed his eyebrows at me as I turned to look at him moving my pigeon arm.

"Shit," Alex groaned and some random crew member threw their stuff onto the bunk I needed to take.

"No, it's fine... I will just go see if my dad's bus has a bottom bunk open," I smiled before getting off the bus and grabbing my backpack slinging it over my one shoulder.

I was soon stopped by Rian who gave me a questioning look. Zack and Ryleigh also stopped being cute when they saw me with my bag on my shoulder. I pulled on the strap to make it tighter as Alex rushed in trying to fix it.

"No it's fine Lex, I know it's an inconvenience. I will just stay with him for a while, thanks for trying," I kissed Alex's cheek before hopping off the bus and moving onto my dad's.

Mike opened the door as we had stopped for snacks and bathroom breaks. I waved and made my way straight back toward the bunks. I began examining all the bunks seeing if they were made if they had stuff in them.

"Can I help you?" Dan finally asked before I stopped parading in his bunk.

"Um, potentially. If not I think I need a flight ticket home." I felt my nose start to run and wiped it on the back of my sleeve, I know the tears were coming.

"How can I help you then?" Dan said and sat on the bunk I was looking at.

"I need a bottom bunk," I said and Dan pointed to the bunk across from him.

"Your dad wanted the top bunk, we gave it a few days before he wants the bottom one. You know because he is your dad and isn't the most coordinated person on the bus. I'm positive we will work something out seeing as you are still a bird and not a human. Go make yourself comfortable little one," Dan motioned for me to make myself comfortable as I threw my bag into the bunk.

"Ready to do this shit bitches!" Dad shouted as Mike spoke in a hush toned to him.

"Bren, Logan got on the bus I think something happened," I then heard my dad moving through the bus to get to me.

"Logan!" He shouted and I inched myself out the bunk.

"Oh thank god, I thought you were staying on the-" He pointed to the bus behind us as we began to move out of the gas station.

"I need a bottom bunk and the boys forgot they claimed bunks then everyone else drew names out of a hat. I got a top bunk and I can't exactly get up there," I pointed out as dad fought back a laugh but seemed a little upset.

"You okay for real though, I can yell at them for you?" Dad asked and crouched down to sit on my bunk with me.

"I mean-"

"Done I will yell at them and ruin their soundcheck," dad got up and began to walk to the back were I guess Nicole was as I heard her voice as the door opened and closed.

To: LB

From: JB

Where are you? Alex is really upset and shut himself in his bunk saying he was stupid. Also, Ryleigh is upset at all of us. Like what happened while I went to shit?

To: JB

From: LB

I am on my dad's bus... Jack think about where you guys placed me for bunking...

To: LB

From: JB

On the top. We drew names out of a hat to make it fair... Was that wrong? Are you upset you are the shortest on the top and not on top of your sexy boyfriend like Ryles?

To: JB

From: LB

Jack...

To: LB

From: JB

Okay, since it's not that what did I do wrong?

To: JB

From: LB

Jack I don't want to do this right now. I am really upset and I don't want to fight it's stupid I know it was not meant to be ill-willed. I know it was luck of the draw but...

It's stupid forget it. I will see you at soundcheck. My dad is going to yell at you guys warn the others to wear your earpieces...

To: LB

From: JB

I love you, I'm sorry you won't tell me what I did to make it better.

I looked at the message before sighing and throwing my phone down beside me. I had thought about sending a response but every time I typed the message I erased it. It wasn't long before Nicole walked out of the bathroom dressed for the concert. I looked at her and she pointed at me before climbing in my bunk and attacking me in a hug.

"What's up, young Urie?" Nicole said and hugged me close pulling me close to her.

"It's stupid. Boys are dumb," I said as the males all made various remarks such as 'I heard that!'

"I mean, true. What's really going on, I know it can't just be that reason for you moving on our bus. You were so excited to stay with Jack I mean other than that night as his place," Nicole elbowed me and I chuckled.

"It's okay really. We will still see each other it's not like we broke up. We are just- I'm just,"

"Scared?" Nicole said and I shook my head.

"Upset he forgot," I said really allowing myself to be open as dad came and stood in the walkway.

"Logan I promise I am going to make them feel terrible. This shouldn't have happened-" dad said and made hand gestures.

"Stop! It's done, I just can I stay on this bus until I am out of this stupid sling?" I said and Nicole and dad looked at me and nodded.

"no one is going to ask you to leave if that is what you think is going to happen," Nicole said and then kissed my head before I felt the bus jerk to a stop.

"Come on everyone off the bus time to go inside, offload, warm-up, find dressing rooms, get dressed, meet fans!" I heard a random crew member shout as Nicole got up lending me a hand.

You aren't always going to have a hand upon the world. Sometimes the world's upper hand helps you up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 1K 43
I'd like to start by saying that I have nothing against Sarah or anyone else in this book! It's simply just for the story, thanks. Y/n has problems...
15.1K 686 50
I woke up in total darkness with a faint rumbling beneath me. My hands and feet were taped together and I was pretty sure a blindfold was over my eye...
4.8K 130 3
Brendon Urie is not the school super star. He's the geeky kid with a bad haircut and terrible taste in conversation. When summer comes around, his mo...
Quiet By Mae

Fanfiction

1.5K 206 71
Quiet: Adjective Making little to no noise. Logan always had a great life, good friends, the picture perfect life. What happens when people start to...