𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑, 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 [𝟏] ✓

By -JUPITRS

❝ well... we do make quite the team ❞ -- in which she shines more than just on the ice and field ❝ like... More

SUPER
|PROLOGUE|
2| The crowd goes wild
3| Compared to us, they're Gods
4| Are you alright?
5| That was unnecessary
6| You should be a hawk
7| You could get to know me
8| Will You Both Marry Me?
9| I Respected You...
10| Top of the Morning to You, Conway
11| Gotta Cradle That
12| Collins 24
13| Right Next to Banks
14| I'll get to know you
15| yeah, I probably should...
16| You'll be calling me coach in no time
17| I still have her, right?
18| Whatever happened to best friends?
19| We do make quite the team..
20| Mr Banks, is that even a question?
21| you're seeing what i'm seeing, right?
22| All flustered?
23| What about her?
24| I apologise
25| Averman, Saverman
26| My hero?
27| Dont worry about it
28| Did it go in?
29| No she'll be alright
30| I'm genuinly concerened, November

1| Well... you wanna play hockey?

24K 355 224
By -JUPITRS

      TWEET! the referee blew the whistle as the last few minutes of the game began. November played striker usually but coach put her on defence for some reason. she didn't mind, she knew how to play all positions.

She watched the play as her eyes scanned the field. The other team, lightning, they were their toughest competition.

Lighting and Ravens were all tied up, 3-3. with two minutes on the clock, Nova knew she had to win it. the lightning goalie had the ball at her feet.

1:50.

"pressure her! it's in play!" Nova yelled at her striker. the goalie quickly passed to the lightning defender before passing to the midfielder on Nova's side.

"come on super nova," The coach whispered to himself before yelling, "Nova! that's all you!"

Nova looked at their feet as she jockeyed.

1:25.

they pushed right, and nova followed. they tried to get away as they pushed left but nova followed. nova was ready for anything, even a boarder.

45 seconds.

the crowed began to chant. "collins! collins! collins!"

38 seconds.

the midfielder pushed the ball right and nova followed. they then did a step over fake trying to mess her up but she found her chance.

the moment their stepping foot hit the ground, she snuck past them, taking the ball with her. she squeezed between them and the boards before bolting towards the net. two defenders were on her.

20 seconds.

she did four sets of boxers as she approached them, trying to mess them up. They split. she pushed the ball right with her outside foot, towards the closer defender before she did a scissor move before to sneak past them.

10 seconds.

the other defender then charged at her. she did a quick Maradona and it was just her and the goalie left.

5 seconds.

she took a quick but deep breath in before taking as small leap towards the ball. she curled her toe, locked her ankles and swung at the ball while she slightly leaned over it. it looked as if it went on slow motion. the keeper dived and it slightly skimmed her fingers before soaring towards the back of the net. Suddenly, the loud and earwretching buzzer sound went off as nova lost her balance and summersaulted over.

tweet! tweet! tweet!

4-3

November Collins laid on the ground as she looked up at the ceiling with a bright smile.

"yeah! Super Nova Collins for the win baby!" one of her teammates yelled before they all piled up on her. she slightly groaned as each teammate piled up to make a doggie pile. she gasped out with happiness. another gold medal for her collection.

However, weirdly, she wasn't that enthusiastic but she was still happy. To be frank, the only thing on her mind was Connie Moreau, the district 5 hockey team, and the after game skating.

CONNIE MOREAU spotted her best friend walk out of the dressing room with her usual after game look the instant she stepped out. it was a a shock at how neat Nova could look after a game, her brown hair was still tied up in a ponytail seeming like she hadn't just scored three goals.

Connie looked at her best friends bright green eyes to see pure excitement, beaming her a smile.

"why do you look so enthusiastic?" Connie laughed

Nova looked at her like she was dumb and shook her head. "because a) i just won gold," she chuckled s holding up one finger, "and b) we're off to skate!"

"correction," Connie said, "we're off to play hockey"

November grinned, "even better! i can't wait to kick these boys asses on the ice"

The Moreau girl let out a light scoff, "oh come on Nova... why don't you just play hockey?"

"me?" She laughed with disbelief, "are you crazy? i'm not that good Con. it's all fun and games"

"did you just say you're not that good? Nova your crazy good at like everything. dude, you can beat Guy at hockey, that's saying a lot"

"shut up," Nova smiled as she and Connie began to walk towards the exit, "you just say that because you've got a huge fat crush on Guy Germaine"

NOVEMBER and Connie skated towards the group of boys who all lay over top of each other on the outdoor rink. To be honest, they all looked like five year olds who didn't know how to skate. And to be even more honest, their skill level was pretty similar anyway.

"I see the team has improved" Nova mumbled sarcastically to her best friend.

But Connie rolled her eyes playfully, "yeah yeah" she waved off before calling out to the team, "hey guys! look who decided to join us!"

All at once, the boys turned their attention towards the two girls and big smiles formed on their faces.

Charlie Conway was the first to greet the girl. "Nova!" He cheered out as he began to skate towards them- except falling over onto his face in the process. But she just laughed and skated around the boys.

she was truly a beautiful skater. she knew how to do all types of tricks and spins on the ice- and she's never even done figure skating or anything, it all just came naturally.

"alright!" Nova called as she sound and turned around to face the team, "i came here to play hockey. can we do that?"

"hell yeah" Connie said as she skated towards her. the boys came along and they split off into teams.

Nova, Connie, Guy Germaine, Charlie, Jesse Hall, and Goldberg the goalie were on one team.

November did face off against Averman, getting the puck quickly and easily before she skated off, dodging all of them. actually, they all fell- like all of them. Connie Moreau looked down disappointingly at her teammates as November stopped right in front of the goal. she looked back and sighed before taking a lousy shot at net. she made a woosh sound affect as her enthusiasm went down. she was really looking forward to playing hockey with the team. it was the highlight of her week.

Peter Mark groaned as he stood up and skated towards Nova who just began to keep shooting at the net. "come on collins," peter said, "don't be a show-off"

Nova laughed and turned to him, "show-off? who am i supposed to be showing off to exactly?"

Peter stopped and thought for a moment before shaking the idea off. "Come on man, you should just play hockey"

by then, the entire team had joined the two and they all nodded in agreement.

"yeah come on Nov," Guy sighed, "you've played with us like a billion times and we all know that you're- well.."

"not a spaz" Connie finished. everyone turned to look at Charlie for a brief second as he raised his arms in defeat.

"come on guys," charlie sighed, "i'm not the only spaz"

"whatever," guy continued, "my point is... Nova should be on the team because let's face it, we suck and maybe with her on the team, we could actually score"

everyone nodded and looked at her with pleading looks. "wel-" nova was cut off when the sight of a limousine drove onto the ice.

"is he crazy or something" Nova whispered under her breath. the entire team walked towards the car but nova stayed back a bit. she saw a man walk out. he had dirty blonde hair that was parted in the middle. he had bright blue eyes and it was evident he didn't want to be there. she slowly began to skate over after seeing the team slightly freak out and back away from him. he pulled out a sheet of paper and began to read names from it. Connie told Nova that he was their new coach named Gordon Bombay.

"so, you all play hockey?" he said as he looked at all of them.

"no" averman said. the coach looked away with slight annoyance.

"i really can't take sarcasm right now guys" Bombay said with annoyance in his voice. the team exchanged confused glances.

"no he's serious, coach," Guy said before turning to nova and placing a hand on her shoulder, "she doesn't play"

He furrowed his eyes in confusion, "then why you here?"

November shrugged, "I mean, i like hockey, i don't play on their team but i practice with them all the time..."

Gordon looked at the team and noticed that Nova was the only one with proper gear and skates on, "well... you wanna play hockey?"

everyone looked back at nova who seemed to have a shocked expression on her face. "well yeah but-"

"alright!" Guy cheered and all the other guys on the team cheered for her. Gordon stood there annoyed before coughing out to get their attention.

"alright," Bombay began, "get out on the ice, let me see what you can do"

everyone began to scatter around as Averman approached the coach.

"uh, just so you know, we really suck" he said in a sort of proud manner

"hey," coach said, "i'll decide who sucks around here"

brynn speaks !
no adam yet but he's coming, dw :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 644 18
She misses them and they miss her. It's hard keeping in contact with someone who lives halfway across the world. They spent seven months apart, now r...
87K 1.5K 26
"the last time he climbed it, they were at least seven years old." · · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · · stand-alone the mighty ducks: d3 adam banks x oc
79.9K 1K 41
All Adam Banks wanted to do was play hockey. So, what happens when he convinces his best friend to join the Ducks with him? Together they are able to...
47K 692 21
Octavia Arsov is invited to accompany her hockey team, The Ducks, for a scholarship to a private school in Minnesota. Will her struggles stop her fro...