AFIRE: fight for the Earth be...

Per sjmegrav

Earthen Series Part One**Follow Aija, Zuri and Ze, as they are plunged into the dark world of aliens who are... Més

Author's Note
Character Aesthetics
Character Index 1 - Major POVs
Character Index 2 - Minor POVs
Character Index 3 - Other Characters
Terminology
0.
Prologue
Part One
1.1 AIJA
1.2 AIJA
2 LUKA
3.1 ZURI
3.2 ZURI
4.1 ZE
4.2 ZE
4.3 AIJA
4.4 AIJA
5.1 ZURI
5.2 ZE
6.1 GOLDSTAR
6.2 GOLDSTAR
7.1 AIJA
7.2 AIJA
7.3 AIJA
8.1 THIERON
8.2 THIERON
9.1 NALA
9.2 NALA
10.1 AIJA
10.2 AIJA
10.3 AIJA
10.4 AIJA
11.1 ZE
11.2 ZE
11.3 ZURI
11.4 LUKA
12.1 THIERON
12.2 THIERON
12.3 THIERON
12.4 THIERON
13.1 AIJA
13.2 AIJA
13.3 AIJA
14.1 GOLDSTAR
14.2 GOLDSTAR
14.3 GOLDSTAR
14.4 GOLDSTAR
14.5 GOLDSTAR
15.1 XAN
15.2 XAN
15.3 XAN
15.4 XAN
16.1 ZURI
16.2 ZURI
16.3 ZURI
16.4 ZURI
16.5 ZURI
16.6 ZURI
17.1 GOLDSTAR
17.2 GOLDSTAR
17.3 GOLDSTAR
18.1 ZE
18.2 ZE
18.3 XAN
18.4 XAN
19.1 LUKA
19.2 AIJA
19.3 AIJA
Part Two
20.1 ZURI
20.2 ZURI
21.1 GOLDSTAR
22.1 LUKA
22.2 LUKA
23.1 THIERON
23.2 THIERON
23.3 THIERON
24.1 XAN
24.2 ZURI
24.3 ZURI
25.1 AIJA
25.2 AIJA
25.3 AIJA
26.1 ZE
26.2 LUKA
27.1 THIERON
27.2 THIERON
27.3 AIJA
27.4 AIJA
28.1 GOLDSTAR
28.2 GOLDSTAR
28.3 NALA
29.1 AIJA
29.2 AIJA
29.3 AIJA
Part Three
30.1 IRIH'VA
30.2 RUYANIR
31.1 XAN
31.2 VAUGHN
32.1 ZURI
32.2 GOLDSTAR
32.3 THIERON
33 LUKA
34 RUYANIR
35.1 AIJA
35.2 AIJA
36.1 LUKA
36.2 ZE
37.1 IYLER
37.2 NALA
38.1 ZURI
38.2 AIJA
39 THIERON
ALLURE COVER
ALLURE PROLOGUE

21.2 GOLDSTAR

39 12 2
Per sjmegrav

The story so far:

---- Aija is a Volunteer at the Pristine School at Innermost. She works along with Zuri and Ze, who are her friends. Aija witnesses a strange event one night – light emanating from Rez's body. The kidnapper is after her soul, next, but he leaves her alive and goes away. Another man finds her, he wants to take her somewhere else - Aija though wary of him agrees. Aija learns of the existence of the aliens – the Ytai. Also, about the R'ies and H'eon, Harvesting and Àvo from Etrie. Etrie tells her that the man, who Harvested Rez (Thieron), will now go after her. He tells her that the spy/kidnapper's name is Luka. Etrie asks her to work along with him. Aija agrees to work along with Etrie on Harvest Stopping Missions.

---- Aija and Zuri join Kuna on a Harvest Stopping Mission. They go to the hospital. Aija, at the hospital, stumbles upon Luka's satchel and goes after it, instead. She finds a kitten that has escaped from the hospital. When she is out of the hospital, releasing all the collected souls from Luka's satchel, Thieron comes.

---- Thieron kidnaps Aija. She finds out that Nala works for Thieron. Ze, who was following her to rescue her, gets captured along with her. Thieron binds Aija to himself.

---- Zuri is worried about Aija and Ze, who were taken by Thieron. Etrie kisses Zuri; she slaps him. Ahi and Zuri patch up and agree to remain friends. Zuri is asked to go to the Secure Headquarters for questioning. She goes to Innermost for it. Zuri is questioned by Secure Ivan who presumes that Ze and Aijs ran from home together. She meets the Oshiros and Iyler. Kuna tells her that Iyler is actually from the Gale.

---- Gold gets information that Aija Rao-Oshiro and Ze Roan are missing - kidnapped by Thieron. 

---- Gold tries to get to Pristine City One for the case.

---- Gold finds someone unexpected waiting for him at his apartment.

✽✽✽

****21.2 - Goldstar****

"I didn't expect this reaction," Vincent said in his baritone voice, smiling as he rose from Goldstar's chair.

What is he doing here? Goldstar thought.

"I'm happy to see you too." Vincent expressed.

Goldstar stood where he was, unmoving, trying to understand what was going on; to understand why he felt so strongly about the other man's arrival.

"Why are you here?" he questioned him.

"Because I wanted to see you," Vincent said, coming closer, picking up Goldstar's DigiBook and turning it over to see if it was fine.

"Get out!" he yelled.

"I'm hurt," Vincent whispered as he handed the device to him.

"Where?" Goldstar blurted before he could stop himself, not taking the DigiBook.

Vincent smiled as he placed his palm on his heart, "Here."

Goldstar felt warmth creeping up his neck to his cheeks. Stop! , he thought. Why am I reacting like this?

"Premier Red asked me what I wanted to do," Vincent explained, a smile still on his lips and his eyes. Vincent knew how he was affecting Goldstar, and he hated it; he didn't understand it.

"So, why are you here?" Goldstar's voice was abrasive. "You should have done something useful at Pristine One; go back to Research."

Anything, anything, anything at all, that didn't involve him being here.

Vincent smiled, the look in his eyes entrancing Goldstar. Vincent knew what he was doing, and he was enjoying it. It vexed Goldstar.

"But Premier Red gave me a better option," Vincent said, placing the DigiBook on his table. "I thought I had no choice but to be wholly devoted to the Gale. But, he suggested I go back to Research at Pristine Four under a changed identity. The Core here has fewer members than Pristine One and could use the help.

"And I knew you were here - it made my decision easier. Premier Red mailed this morning regarding my arrival, but since you left your Scroll here," he said, picking up his device from the table, "you missed it."

Goldstar fumed. Why Vincent? Why?

"Well," Vincent continued. "I am glad you didn't know of my arrival. Seeing your reaction to me being here, to say the least, was priceless."

"Get out of my room," Goldstar said coarsely.

Vincent looked at him, deeply considering something. Goldstar grew anxious by the moment.

"Sure," Vincent said finally, replaced his Scroll on the table, and left.

Once he was out, Goldstar commanded the central system to lock the door. He sat on his bed, feeling completely shaken. What was it about that man? Vincent always made him feel different; made his feelings turbulent. Goldstar steadied his breath thinking of Iyler. He missed her and wished they hadn't fought, it made being close to Vincent more torturous for some reason.

He checked his Scroll. There were two emails from Premier Red - one regarding the two missing kids and one regarding Vincent's arrival. The girl's Scroll had been found in pieces off Road 5, as was the boy's hovercycle and Scroll. There were absolutely no Secure Cam or drone images of them anywhere.

He reread the mails and then deleted them. Not only was this a new problem, but the Leadership had also blamed them for the blast. It was a huge accusation. Now even those who didn't know of the Gale knew it - for all the wrong reasons. It was a significant setback for them. They needed the people to believe the Gale was right and that it was trying to help the people. Now even the few who knew of it would be scared to reach out to them.

Goldstar sighed. There was just too much on his plate right now - Iyler, the kids' disappearances, the Leadership's accusation, his upcoming exams, and to add to it all, Vincent.

How would he tolerate Vincent's presence every single day? He would have to act like he didn't know him from before in front of Avery. He half-smiled at the thought. What if he acted like he didn't know him at all even when Avery wasn't at the Apartment? The idea gave him little relief.

His Scroll beeped - an email from Iyler; her first to him.

'I met the Oshiros yesterday. They are lovely people, I feel bad for them. I hope we find their daughter soon.

I miss you.

Iyler.

May the Earth be strong and proud.'

Goldstar smiled as he replied, 'I miss you too.' and deleted the mail.

He sent mails to Himari and Leigh. He sat at his table, his leg shaking, nervous. He mailed Mr. Singh apologizing for his tardiness that morning and asked for the day's notes. He stayed in his room till late, trying to avoid Vincent outside.

He received a text from Avery: 'Have you had dinner?'

He went out half cringing at the thought of seeing the tall, green-eyed man. Avery and Vincent were laughing about something. Goldstar remained quiet through dinner, avoiding Vincent's piercing gaze, and worrying about the missing kids' case.

He retreated to his room after taking the garbage out. There was a knock on the door just as he had entered it. He commanded the central system to open it.

It was Vincent. He closed the door behind him.

"What now?"

"I'm sorry."

"For coming here? I know you're not."

"I'm not." Vincent agreed. "I am sorry that you are unable to go to Pristine One to handle the new missing kids' case, Veer."

Goldstar stared at the man. How? Then he remembered Avery. Of course, Avery had told him his real name.

Vincent looked at him, sadness in his eyes, and Goldstar felt his cheeks warm up.

He needed to go to Pristine One, at least, to escape Vincent Taylor Ainsworth.

✽✽✽

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

24.8K 2.8K 40
[Featured on General Fiction] ~"Finding Love | Romance" RL ~ 16/08/2021 A Slow-Burn Romance meets...
7.4K 330 28
In exactly 100 years later, a baby girl will be born, under the moonlight of the full moon. The child will be a hybrid of a witch and a werewolf, whi...
Earth, After ✔️ Per T

Ciència Ficció

38K 3K 37
Some fates are worse than death--survival is one of them. In the two hundred years since humanity left the Earth's surface to live in the sky, life...
10.2K 727 20
#2 in PROGRESSIVE (October, 2020) #3 in OPENMINDED (October, 2020) #8 in ANUPRE (October, 2020) A re-imagination of AnuPre's star crossed love story...