THANTOPHOBIA ① g.weasley

By TheUnknownBrokenGirl

❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love... More

THANTOPHOBIA
YEAR ONE
year one: diagon alley
year one: off to hogwarts
year one: feasting
year one: greasy-haired potions
year one: remind me
year one: new quidditch recruit
year one: children out of bed
year one: feathers and bludgers
year one: troll in the dungeon
year one: first games
year one: birthdays
year one: christmas
year one: mirror of erised
year one: fist fights and howlers
year one: stutters
year one: dragons
year one: caught
year one: lost point days
year one: forbidden forest
year one: we have your back
year one: puzzles
year one: book of memories
YEAR TWO
year two: andromeda tonks
year two: rescue mission
year two: i got a secret
year two: lockhart the loser
year two: truth from cousins
year two: cornish pixies
year two: barfing slugs
year two: the voices
year two: a chamber of secrets
year two: crazy rogue bludger
year two: hufflepuffs and duelling clubs
year two: an angry father
year two: diaries of a teenage boy
year two: cancelled quidditch
year two: spiders
year two: fool and fraud
year two: tom marvolo riddle
year two: second kisses
YEAR THREE
THE PROPHECY
year three: new addictions
year three: crookshanks the mini tiger
year three: black dogs
year three: they suck the emotion
year three: bitchy slytherins
year three: taking a hit for a cousin
year three: spottings
year three: boggarts
year three: cedric knows all
year three: big brothers
year three: 394
year three: dementors in the playing field
year three: godbrothers
year three: family is family
year three: letter from sirius orion black
year three: expecto patronum
year three: murderer fathers
year three: snape hates hope
year three: quidditch final
year three: sirius orion black
year three: truth is revealed
year three: free once more
year three: lupin-black household
YEAR FOUR
year four: sneaking around
year four: ton-tongue toffees
year four: drama days
year four: quidditch world cup
year four: dangerous turns
year four: last days of summer
year four: triwizard tournament
year four: drama queen lee
year four: beauxbatons and durmstrang
year four: the four champions
year four: mean girls and best friends
year four: best friends split
year four: the first task
year four: love is in the air
year four: hope's truth
year four: the yule ball
year four: shaming articles
year four: the second task
year four: sirius and remus
year four: ivailo krum
year four: the prophecy
year four: the third task
year four: gone
year four: goodbye cedric diggory
END OF THANTOPHOBIA
little teeny tiny author's note
SEQUEL IS UP!
updates!

prologue

37.4K 1.2K 1.2K
By TheUnknownBrokenGirl

PROLOGUE

❛Where's sirius? What happened?❜

Hope James Lupin-Black was born the daughter of Sirius Black and Remus Lupin on December 14th, 1979. A year and a half following her brother Alphard Peter. Both of their parents coming from the brave Gryffindor house and the troublesome marauders.

It was an early December morning when Sirius Black and Remus Lupin were given the young baby girl. With blonde hair like her brother and striking silver eyes like Sirius.

"She looks just like you, Sirius," Remus spoke softly, kneeling down next to his son. "Alfie, this is your new baby sister."

The toddler squinted his eyes. "What her name?"

"This is Hope," said Sirius, smiling from ear to ear. "Just imagine all the pranking you two will do. You guys and Mini Prongs will be the new generation of marauders."

The Lupin man rolled his eyes at his fiance, while Alfie walked away. "We're parents now, Sirius, you know how much trouble we were. Besides, don't children need ground rules? We can't just let them run around and do as they please--"

"Oh, come on, Moony. Don't be such a buzzkill.

"Uncle Prongs! Aunt Lily!"

Both men looked over to see James and Lily Potter standing in the doorway, Lily's hand resting on her small baby bump. The Potter man walked over to his nephew, picking him up off the ground. "Hey, Alfie. I got you some new things that'll make your dads so mad."

"Prongs, you do realize children need guidance and rules? Right?"

"Blah, blah, blah, they also need fun. Like joyous rides on broomsticks, pranking kids all around Hogwarts, that kind of stuff." James attempted to explain, looking to Sirius for back up.

Lily rolled her eyes at her husband before looking to Remus in agreement. "Alright, Remus wins. Now, let me see my goddaughter." as Remus handed Hope to Lily, her green eyes lit up. "Oh, she is just the cutest thing. What did you guys name her?"

"Oh, here we go."

"Well, her first name is Hope after Remus' mother. And we know it's a boys name, but we figured since he's done so much for me, we could make an exception. So her middle name is James." Sirius explained, before looking to his best friend.

The Potter man's smile grew as he was handed his goddaughter. "You named her after me? Really? Do you hear that Lily?"

After an afternoon of staring in awe at the newborn baby and playing around with Alfie, the Potters left the Lupin-Black household to go home. Leaving Remus and Sirius alone with their two children.

A year and a couples of months had passed and it was now July 31st, 1981, Harry Potter's first birthday. Remus Lupin held Hope while Sirius Black held Alfie as they knocked on the door of the Potter residence. James Potter opened the door with a wide smile.

"Padfoot! Moony! You know you don't have to knock," he greeted them, gesturing for them to come in before stopping Remus. "Oh, there's a fee, Moons. You have to let me take my precious goddaughter. Come here, sweetheart."

As James lifted her into the air, she let out a giggle before babbling. "Prongs."

The three mens' eyes widened, Remus turned towards his fiance. "Did you hear that?"

"No way."

"Suckers! She can say Prongs. That's right, Hope, Uncle Prongs is here." exclaimed James, walking into the living room. "Wormtail is in the bathroom, probably. Lily's in the kitchen and Harry--"

Before The Potter man had a chance to finish his sentence, his son was attached to Sirius Black's leg trying to get him to put Alfie down. "Alfie, come play, come play."

"Lily?" Remus called out, putting his coat in the hall closet.

"In the kitchen!"

As Remus Lupin walked into the kitchen, there stood Lily Potter covered in flour from head to toe standing around broken egg shells on the floor. He raised his eyebrow, chuckling under his breath. "Having trouble there, Potter?"

"Shut up, Remus, I don't even know what happened." she laughed, dusting the flour off of her shirt. "I used the magic cookbook, I tried. It just wasn't very clear on how to follow the instructions."

By the end of the night, the eight of them stood around a cake as they sang to the young Harry Potter. They felt like a family, and it felt like things would never end. Everything felt perfect.

Fall approached fast, as the first of October came around. It was late in the evening when Sirius Black came stumbling into the Lupin-Black household, a wide grin on his face. Hope stumbled around the corner, her arms raised. "Daddy, you're home."

"Yes, darling, now come here. I have something for you and your brother." he said, as Remus Lupin came from the kitchen with a curious look on his face. "Alfie, buddy, come here!"

The Lupin-Black boy came running down the hall with a small muggle book in his hand. "Daddy, Papa gave me one of his books. You should read it."

"That's great, Alfie," Remus told his son, narrowing his eyes at his fiance. "Sirius, what did you buy this time?"

Sirius reached into the bag, pulling out two necklaces. One was a dog-tag shaped locket, while the other was a heart-shaped locket. The same words were engraved on both, 'I solemnly swear our love will always be here', surrounded by tiny footprints and stars. "Inside the lockets are two pictures. On the left, there's our family. And then, on the right there's a picture of you with Aunt Lily and Uncle Prongs."

"Sirius, how much did those cost?" questioned Remus, staring at the necklaces. "We don't exactly have the funds for those at the moment."

"Nonsense, besides Lily helped a bit. We can consider it an early Christmas present."

No more than thirty days later, the news spread quickly that Lily and James Potter were dead. And their son was being shipped away to Lily's muggle sister, Petunia. Sirius Black rushed out of his home, not stopping to say a word to his fiance, only stopping by his children's bedroom one last time.

"I'll be right back, I need to say Harry." he spoke softly, knowing that his children were likely asleep. "Stupid, stupid Wormtail. He won't get away with this, he can't. I have to go, I'm going to come right back. I love you, everything's going to be okay." and with those final words, Sirius Black was gone.

The Black man never did return to his family that night. The ministry came by the household, telling Remus Lupin that it was his fiance who was the traitor. That after he left, he snapped and killed Peter Pettigrew.

"Papa?" Hope asked softly, walking up to her father who sat on the couch with tears in his eyes. "Where's Daddy?"

"Is he coming back?" Alfie followed, his blonde curls falling over his eyes. "Where's Dad?"

Remus stared at his children for a few seconds, not even sure what to tell them. He bit his lip, speaking slowly. "Dad isn't gonna be coming back, he's going away. It's just us now, and we're gonna be okay."

Hope's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, not sure what he meant. "Where did he go? Where's Uncle Prongs and Aunt Lily?"

"They're gone, baby. But they still love you so very much." he tried to say, before getting choked up with tears. "Uncle Prongs--"

"No, I want Uncle Prongs," the toddler wailed out, throwing herself on the floor. "Where's Uncle Prongs?"

Alfie looked to his father, confused by what he was saying. "What do you mean, Papa? Where did they go?"

"They're gone, Alfie."

The Lupin man couldn't comprehend why, nothing made sense anymore. Sirius had a family, and Remus never thought he would betray them and the people they held closest. He had him, he had their children, and James was his best friend. Remus couldn't put the pieces together on why he would destroy that.

As the years went by, Hope Lupin-Black grew up looking identical to Sirius, only with Remus' blonde hair color. And her personality matched his as well, sarcastic and caring. Alfie Lupin-Black grew up looking more like Remus, inheriting his werewolf genes and smarts.

Remus Lupin had the name Black dropped from his kids names, not wanting to broadcast their relation to the man he once trusted with his life. Hope knew of the stories, though, hearing them from her grandfather Lyall while she stayed with him.

As Hope Lupin-Black reached the age of eleven, her excitement arose as she knew that Hogwarts was finally approaching. And her time to live would happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1K 31
Yeah please don't take this book seriously, I was young and had nothing to do, -UNDERGOING EDIT- (Not anymore) ✔ = edited I'm only editing the litera...
684 34 11
✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ The boy who lived... and The most powerful witch... Stella Black is the daughter of a Mass Murderer.... After the murder of Lily and Jam...
973K 36.3K 124
Samantha Potter lived a normal life. She went to Hogwarts, played Quidditch, and tried to pass History of Magic. But that all changes when she reunit...
11.3K 237 37
"Severus Snape hasn't always been the best man. But when it matters most, he undergoes a treacherous journey that no one has done before- bringing th...