Only In The Myths (Katsuki Ba...

By Titania21erzascarlet

People think quirks at the best thing imaginable, used for good or used for evil. But what if you want to us... More

( 1 )
( 3 )
( 4 )
( 5 )
( 6 )
( 7 )
( 8 )
( 9 )
( 10 )
( 11 )
( 12 )
( 13 )
( 14 )
( 15 )
( 16 )
( 17 )
( 18 )
( 19 )
( 20 )
( 21 )
( 22 )
( 23 )
( 24 )
( 25 )
( 26 )

( 2 )

1.6K 65 32
By Titania21erzascarlet

Casually walking down the smoke filled alley, avoiding the rubble and flames bursting from every direction, you got as close as you could to the villain attack. The closer you got the more you realised that porcupine brains was getting suffocated, 'well shit.'

"NONE OF OUR QUIRKS ARE MADE FOR THIS!!" One of the pro heroes called out, 'double shit'. Avoiding the flames, you looked around the corners seeing there were two roads on either side, both packed with people. A wave of thankfulness flowed over you at you were alone in this alley, now only to come up with a plan.

You have the means to save him, but you need snot ball to stop strangling him first or it's basically going to cut all his internal organs... which wouldn't be good. "LET GO OF ME!!! BASTARD!!!!" wine-colour eyes yelled, partly pushing through the goopy green beast, his eyes blazing with anger. Trying to escape but not to avail, soon getting strangled again, the snot shoving itself down his throat. 'I need a longer opening...' 

For a brief couple of second you made eye contact, you face hardly showing any emotions well his looked pissed beyond measure. Within seconds blonde started setting off explosions left, right and centre. 'Guess that answer why the fire's here...' the hostage looked into the crowd, setting someone off. A frolicking green haired boy came running into the situation. By the backpack and uniform he was wearing, you concluded that he was in middle school. He was dodging the flames while pro-heroes yelled for him to stop.

He dashed into the battle without as much as a second thought, but he was just what you needed. Broccoli boy threw his yellow backpack at the slug, one of the books corners hitting it in the eye, causing him to release the spikey haired hostage, his head at least. Lifting up your glasses, shooting the snot monster a look, your eyes turned into a flaming yellow, giving off a small aura. Within seconds of agonising screams from the villain, he was turned to pure stone.

Unable to move.
Unable to breathe.
Unable to anything.
He was dead.

What you didn't realise was that All Might was just about to land a hit when you did that, so he thought it was still goopy so he grabbed Explosion kid and Broccoli boy before punching the shit out of it. It cracked into millions of pieces, all going as fast as a bullet. The quick swish from them passing by is all you could hear, the speed alone putting out all the fires. Thankfully though, All Might punched towards a building so on one was injured. Those rocks could've potentially killed someone. 

So much wind was running through the air, you could barely stay standing, using one arm to cover your face and the other to hold onto the bag of bacon. When it all settled down, the two kids were knocked unconscious. With a sigh you saw that the bag you were holding; the one with the bacon. Was ripped at the middle, the whole bottom of the bag, gone. 'Are you fucking kidding!?' Looking around for a minute, you were unable to locate it. Walking to a near by bin, you recycled what was left of the bag.

With a growl you headed home, you didn't want to go back to the shops cause you didn't want to deal with the employees. Walking into the park like any other human, you saw a bunch of people lined up for ice-cream. Staring at the ice-cream truck for a minute or two, you got lost in thought; thinking about how that villain attack could have ended if you didn't take those pills in the mornings.

Over the years you have been taking quirk nullifying pills, it doesn't get rid of your quirk but it makes it weaker. They usually give them out to people who have trouble with their control, or if the quirk gets in the way of their job. You on the other hand take it so if you do have to use your quirk, the negative affect isn't to catastrophic. For instance; without the pills if you were to have froze that villain in stone, Mr Explosions would've been frozen with him. But with the pills; he wasn't. It gets more specific, but that's not important. 

A throbbing pain escalated in the side of your head, "the fuck?" You hissed.

"Sorry 'bout that!" A squeaky voice called, looking to your right you saw a kid tuning up to you with his dog close behind, "are you okay?"

The kid didn't come very close to you, staying a couple feet away, "I'm fine." You quietly growled, rubbing the side of you head. 'How the hell did that hurt so much? Does he have a strength quirk or something?' Looking down you saw one of those thick, plastic dog toys laying at your feet. You crouched down, picking up the ball before lifting your eyes to look at the kid. "I assume this is yours?" Reaching out the ball to the kid, who looked with an ever bright smile at you, you giving a small one in return.

He trotted closer to you, about to grab the ball before his dog started loosing it. Barking with no end, the kid jumped back in surprise before looking around at what the dog could be barking at.

But you knew.

This would always happen.

The dog was barking at you. Your excuse of a smile disappeared, with a sigh you stood up, dropping the ball before walking away into the woods. The last thing you heard was the boy scolding the dog for barking. Not that it was the dog's fault, it's just animal instincts... sees danger then needs to warn its owner.

Getting to the wired fence, you lifted up the little latch you'd found years back, you continued into the off limit zone. Crunching leaves under your boots, the sound of birds chirping growing louder before the loud noise of their wings flapping away when you came near. Giving a quick visit to your mum in the run down cave, telling her about what happened. Before heading deeper into the forest, the coverage of trees getting thicker with every step. Hardly any sunlight could pass through the thick leaves.

After a couple minutes of walking you came across what you called home. It had been abandoned for years; a traditional Japanese house. Flowers had been growing on this house for as long as you could remember, you fixed up the exterior and interior cause when you found it... it looked like a mess. But now it looks like a place anyone would like to live in, well that's what you think at least.

Having a river behind the house is helpful. The vines on the house is a lovely touch, not to mention the canopy of trees surrounding it. To you, it was beautiful.

Sliding open the door, you walked into the house, making your way to the simple yet cozy kitchen. Grabbing out a slow cooker, chicken breasts and BQQ sauce, you started with dinner. It's a miracle that the house has any power, you would have thought they would cut it off but no. One of the perks of staying there.

While the chicken was cooking, you got out one plate, a knife and a fork. Placing them next to the cooker until it was ready, carefully you used the fork to crab out the chicken breast which were soaked in sauce before placing it on the plate. Adding a bit of flavouring on the top, you walked over to the table in the living room, taking a seat with a sigh before silently eating your food. Alone. By yourself. Like always.

Each bite tasted sad. You would never make anything interesting since you were the only one to feed, so why bother? After finishing up, the sun started to set on the horizon. Once you were finished drying the dishes, you walked outside the house. Walking around the side of the building where the ladder has stood for years, you climbed up knowing it would never fall. It hasn't so far. Climbing on top of the roof, you sat down, leaning back on your hands, taking a deep breath, watching the sun set.

By yourself. It felt like there was this missing atmosphere that should be there, but instead it was just blank, no feeling, just cold. The sun shining on you face wasn't even enough to warm it up, not even your hair taking over by turning itself into the snakes. In an attempt to cheer you up, one nuzzled your cheek, slightly tickling you. The smooth scales brushing against your skin.

By now the sun had almost completely set, before it could get too dark, you walked to the edge of the roof before grabbing onto the ledge and swinging into your room by the window. Closing said window, you lazily waltzed over to your bed before giving out a yawn. Your hair turned back to normal while you basically bombed the bed with your body, then covering yourself with multiple blankets for warmth. Keeping your eyes closed, you took off your glasses, placing it on the table next to the bed. Once again, another day had passed.

The worst part of trying to get into U.A is probably having to wake up early every morning. You would wake up with a groan before rolling out of the bed dramatically, whereas normal girls that you've seen on TV get up like deers prancing the woods; Gracefully. Stretching after grabbing your glasses and putting them on, you'd shuffle to the kitchen, whip up something quick but full of protein before heading to the bathroom.

Jumping into the shower after grabbing your training clothes, you quickly washed up drying yourself off with the white towel before changing. Careful not to get toothpaste on your clothes, you brushed your teeth after taking the nullification pill. "Alright." You started, turning your hair into the snakes, "you know the drill." Every morning you would brush their teeth, it sounds weird but having them on your head with dry blood and weird... meaty things in their teeth is disgusting. It smells putrid to say the least.

Grabbing another toothbrush with toothpaste, the snakes did the best they could to get in front of you, one by one. The green anaconda having rows of teeth, whereas the black mambas has the two fangs of death. Over all it went well, until the feisty one of the group, who happened to be one of the anacondas started being a pain in the ass.

You knew it was him cause he's the only one with a fat ass scar across his face, making him think he's better than the rest. You both eyeballed each other before you moved the brush closer to him and your free hand under his chin, "open up." Demanding him, your voice dead serious while glaring at him.

Slowly he opened his mouth, you moved the brush closer but just before you could place it in his mouth, "BITCH!!" you screeched, "YOU BITE ME ONE MORE FUCKING TIME!!!" you threatened forcefully grabbing around his neck, you squeezed where is skull and jaw meet, opening his mouth by force. With a striking glare, you shoved the toothbrush into his mouth a cleaned it, wether he liked it or not!

After rinsing out his mouth, you turned them back to hair before walking to the kitchen, grabbing the first aid kit. Followed by rumbling curses one after another, you grabbed the bandages. Looking at your hand you saw that there was a massive bite mark across your hand, and yes, it was bleeding. "Little fucker." You mumbled, vigorously wrapping the bandage around your hand before tying it up.

Once satisfied with the bandage, and by that; having it on. You started training, jogging over to the cavern with your stone frozen mum. You mainly focused on physical attacks, your snakes can do a lot but you never know what might happen. Majority of the day you'd be working on your bone strength, to do that you would punch a bunch of trees, making your pain tolerance higher in certain parts. The other parts of the day you would work with your snakes, other parts with other things.

But you would always avoid working with the 'I'll turn you to stone—' part of the quirk, you just hated using it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142 0 13
You've recently moved to Japan from America, you were the only person in the U.S with a quirk. This, unfortunately, gave you too many run-in's with t...
94K 2.8K 53
A Pro Hero Reader is sent across the world to work on a drug case in Japan. Hired by a well known agency, she must work with the stubborn, strong-wil...
280K 8.9K 28
{[COMPLETED]} Started: Sept 30, 2017 Ended: Oct 29, 2018 UNDER CONSTRUCTION Started: June 26, 2021 Ended: Ongoing Construction ...
47 3 2
To anyone, having a quirk is the best thing to ever have. It improved the lives of many and made each and every individual unique in their own way. P...