Queen of North

By AlfieSolomons00

The story follows Sansa Stark,Queen of North and lady of Winterfell after her brother's Bran coronation as th... More

Prologue (trailer)
Lord Commander
Castle Black
The dragon
The pit
A dragon is here
Littlefinger
Tombs
Dragon's awakening
The broken king
Blood of my blood
Lord Dragon
Peace for war
Alliance
Did you miss me?
Ask me
Are you happy?
The other Queen
The Dead and the Fallen
The undying
The dinner
Princess & Bastard
Wine and fire
The Dragon King
Farewell
Illusions and guilt
Lord of Gwendeith
Father's duty
Time to heal
Part of my heart
He's one of us
Sleeping dragon
Flameborn
Poisoned mind
Mad king
Downfall
You'll die tonight, My King
Dark future
Queen of North (second part)
I found you
Lady commander
Reunited
We need you
The powers you hold
Bedtime stories
You'll pay
Son of Summer
Hunter's wife
You're my home
The trial
The King in the North
Atonement
We live forever (final)

Snow

157 14 84
By AlfieSolomons00

It was later that night. Uncle Ned as newbie was required by twins for bed time stories, Daemon was with Valaerrys downstairs, sitting behind a table, calmly speaking. She wasn't mad at him at all and she saw such a huge guilt, it was killing her. "I'm so sorry, Dae. I really hoped, things went different way. Much calmer and ... well, different. Vanya must be angry as hells."

"Well she is.." Daemon cleaned his throat and chuckle softly. "I'm thinking staying here for a bit longer until she'll calm down." He rubbed his eyes of the exhaustion of the journey and the whole situation. "I just hope that Ned will be reasonable and sit down and talk to him."

"To be honest, I can't imagine it. I don't want to underestimate Ned's patience, but," she looked toward stairs and whispered, turning glare back at Daemon. "The reason why Niklaus and father are both in woods is... he had another episode. Not like violent one, he used to have in the beginning. He has  more painful ones, like he still remembers half of what he did and everytime a memory comes to him, it gets him under his knees," she said, then poured cold tea for him. "Like he lives it again."

"He's still fighting it." Daemon response thoughtfully and shook his head. "And with so much guilty that he have inside him will he very difficult. It would be a long procedure. I warned him."

"He is trying. Meeting Lyanna woke it again. He was fine for two years and then he came back and two weeks later, Klaus dragged him screaming and crying to woods," she sighed quietly. "He is dangerous only to himself now."

Sudden steps in front of door outside made them turn their heads. Door got open and two men entered. Both in hunting clothes and both froze in doorway. "Daemon?" Valarr opened his eyes wide, yet he smiled right after.

"I'll be damned, blondie showed up for girls' birthday?" Niklaus grinned and came straight to Valaerrys, kissing her.

"You stink," she frowned, but her eyes were shining and she was smiling.

"Brother, Klaus.." he greets them, stood up and hugged him. "How do you feel?" He asked him right after.

"Good," he patted his back. "Much better, than I was leaving," he sighed, giving apologizing glare to Valaerrys.

"Yeah, a small drama," Niklaus snorted. "But we caught deer bigger than our kitchen, so we should go and quickly start do something about it."

"I... Well,  no," Valaerrys stuttered, glancing at Daemon.

"Vally, are you alright?" Valarr came to her, cupping her face. "You turned pale white suddenly! Are you feeling sick?"

Daemon looked at them and sighed. It would come one way or another so best they be down and calm as it can be. "Just sit down for a moment, Klaus, please. You too Valarr. The deer can wait." He tells them calmly and not long after heavy footsteps of Ned echoed through the house as he walked as carefully as he could outside the girls room and walked downstairs to find them all gathered up.

He stood across them and his eyes stuck on Valarr,he watched him for quite awhile until he turns to the other man. "You must be Klaus. I'm Eddard, Val's brother." He fronts his hand for a shake. "I was looking forward to meet you."

Niklaus pinned eyes at him. "With what people in the North feed babies? How did you manage to get through our door, big guy?" He asked with a scoff and crooked smile. "Glad to meet you, welcome to Aen Sedin, welcome to our house, Eddard," he shook hand with him.

Valaerrys was looking at Valarr, who stood up and with tears running over his face, he seemed like his heart could stop any moment.

"You never heard of giant's milk?" He almost chuckled and nod to Klaus. "Thank you for letting me in. I just wanted meet her and spend sometime with her and the girls." He took a breath for a moment. He didn't had to turn and see Valarr. He could feel his state,he could feel his tears and pain. But he didn't turn to see him.

Daemon stood by his brother's side for a moment and tried to calm the different energies he comes to accept. The sadness from Valarr and anger from Eddard. "Eddard, let's sit down and talk." Daemon suggested and Ned gave him a glare before he settles down.

Valarr remained standing, he observed him quietly, without a sound. Then lowered his eyes and looked at his hand. "Dad, sit down," sound of Valaerry's voice brought him to earth. She gave him soft smile and he took seat back beside her.

"Well, this is nice," Niklaus cleared his throat, making himself comfortable on chair. "Such a warm atmosphere, Valarr about to pass out, Ned about to punch him to his face, Daemon couldn't be more awkward."

"Nik," Valaerrys gave him small glare.

"How do you like Aen Sedin, Eddard?" Niklaus asked him.

"Didn't saw much.." he replied holding his eyes on his father talking to Klaus. "And if you like don't make fun of it. Today i met the sister i thought dead,i met the nieces i didn't knew I had,i came to realise that the only man i trusted was lying to me all these years. So you don't need to mention the awkwardness of it." He said calmly turning his eyes on Valarr.

"Eddard please.." Daemon trying to make him calm cause although his words were calm he could hear the anger inside his.

"What?" He glance at his uncle. "I'm sitting on the same table. I'm being as understanding as it can go."

"I'm just pointing the obvious, we'd be sitting in silence here, if I didn't say something stupid, see? It works," he shrugged. "You're talking."

"Ned," Valarr spoke quietly, looking at him. "Daemon did what he did to protect you. Yes, I understand, we took a right to make your own decision, but... It was better this way. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry.." he furrows eyebrows in curiousity. "He did what? Took me the right to do my own decision?" He repeats his question looking from Daemon to Valarr. "And you think that his greatest mistake? Oh no. He didn't took any of my decisions. He took the child out of the mother's hands. He split a family in half because of you... so answer me this? Since you're so much concerned about my safety then why you hate Valaerrys so much to keep her close,hm?"

"Ned!" Valaerrys gasped and her eyes turned colour until they grew almost dark. "Stop it."

"Vally, don't this," Valarr said quietly, calming her down, tears streaming down his face again. "Do you know how many times, I pushed her away and begged her to leave me? How many times we tried to against her will send back to your mother? Well, I guess I've alway been a weak and seeing her pleading and begging, crying. I simply wasn't strong enough and I let her be here with me. As she wanted."

"Stop what Valaerrys? The truth?" He asked her with shaking voice. "How would you feel if Klaus took one of your girls away?" He didn't hold it much to wait for an answer. "I really don't care about you cause all i fucking remember is your fucking back or your drunken steps. I can only wonder how? How do you do this? Cause if someone asked me which one of my sisters would i choose i would simply answer him to fuck off cause i would never cut a finger of my hand. Probably you don't have hands..." Ned felt sick for even watching him. He stood up slowly cause he knew that soon he wouldn't be able to control himself and walked out. He let himself roam in the woods until he was far enough to find a tree and throw his fists on it.

"See? We always are looking for people to help us with cutting trees," Klaus suddenly spoke behind him, leaning against tree, observing him with calm expression. "You're bleeding."

"I'm sorry.."he said queitly looking down. "I shouldn't seize the opportunity to talk like inside your house. I apologize."

"You don't have to. Don't apologize for words or emotions, it's like you pushed them back and made yourself believe you didn't mean it," he replied calmly. "That is why you are filled anger, because you are full of it and never release it."

"I guess you're right. I need something to release the anger." He sighed and fall on the ground sitting against the tree. He gave a look at his knuckles and shook his head. "I should probably sleep in the woods." He said thoughtfully.

"Don't be ridiculous, Eddard," he rolled his eyes."We have a little space,  but... Something will bite you to your arse here. You will sleep in our room, on couch, Daemon in Val's and Valarr in bear nest," he shrugged. "Come, don't make me drag you," he rose his brows challengingly.

Two days have past. Valarr was mostly quiet and kept his distance. Even though he had a thousand of questions, he failed everytime he tried to open mouth and ask. Valaerrys was preparing small feast for celebration of kids and men were mostly spending time together. For Ned some things were new. Seeing his sister taking care of household, cooking, gardening, along with Valarr and Niklaus taking care of few animals. It was the afternoon of celebration, when Valarr was with Sancia in room, she was giggling on his lap, when Ned entered. "You had a straw in your hair!" She chuckled, pointing at his head.

Ned got serious the moment he saw Valarr's face but a hint of smile came from little Sancia's notice. "Where?" He started to search over his head and flick it off. "I was helping mommy in the barns..you like horses?" He asked her sitting across them on the table.

"Yes!" She smiled wide. "Grandpa taught me how to ride, it's harder than on dragon I would say. Hm, maybe not," she pouted her lips, pondering.

Valaerrys entered and glanced from one to another, she came to Valarr and stretched her arm to Sancia. "Let me at least get the mud from your cheeks," she chuckled. Sancia kissed Valarr's cheek and jumped, leaving with her mother.

Valarr observed them walking away, them turned at Ned. He swallowed hard, even though he felt inside his mouth to be as dry as in desert. "Can I ask you something, please?"

"Sure.." Ned shrugged casually looking on the wall at the other side behind Valarr.

"Vally told me about Vanya," he said with wildly beating heart. "I just wanted to ask, how she looks like or... what is she like?"

Ned turn his eyes on him and his stomach flicked. Why he even wanted to know? The first thought was to answer that she looks like a fifteen years old girl but the picture of Vanya on his head made him briefly smile as he lows his eyes. "She shines like the moon and she's pure like snow." He answered shortly and it was enough for him to know,he thought.

Valarr didn't want to push it further. Of course he felt all the anger inside his son and he was grateful even for few words he said in quite calm voice. "Thank you," he nodded and stood up. "I heard that you are married. I'm happy for  you," he said, looking at him, then turned and left upstairs to change clothes before celebration.

He was sitting on a bed. Looking around. When he was building this house, he imagined his family in every spot he made. And he cried everytime he realized, they will never enter it and never see. Now, his son was there, something he never dreamt of. And he seemed to be more far away, than he was all these years. How could Valarr blame him? He deserved punch to his face for everything he did in the past. He was sitting on bed, tears running off of his cheeks. "Shines like the moon and pure as the snow," he said Ned's words, for himself, closing his eyes, trying to imagine, how could she possibly looked like.

Inside his head he opens up his eyes and another pair of eyes were open to meet his. Her vision came like reflection of the dark light. Long almost white hair matching her pale skin and her blue eyes,so rich and shining like stars. Her small face curls a smile on her lips and the moonlight shines around her like stardust from a fairytale. The girl took few steps closer to him. Her gray gown curved with snow. Carefully she rose her hand to reach him,her pale soft hand on his cheek and when they contact she shines even more brightly. She smiled watching his eyes,she smiled like the moon smiles on earth every night. "Don't let my light fade. I'm waiting for you." She smiled softly taking a step back and vanish in the stardust.

Valarr opened his eyes and he felt the warmth and inside. The tranquility that vision brought him was so strong, he remained speechless, sitting on the bed without making a sound, just staring to the wall.

"Dad? Are you alright?" Valaerrys asked him, after she entered his room.

"Yes, Vally," he looked at her and sighed. She sat next to him and laid her head on his shoulder. Without a word, they were sitting there for a while.

"How does work on the house goes? You were there whole day yesterday," she asked quietly.

"Good, I believe that in like month or two, I could move there."

"Are you sure?"

"Well," he scoffed. "It is almost built, I really won't go and destroy it now," he kissed her crown. "Let's go, I believe, that kids are already nervous."

They came downstairs and met with Daemon, Klaus, twins and Ned. Valaerrys with girls began to fill table with food and drinks, when suddenly a knock on the door echoed in the house.

"Go, open! It's a big surprise," Niklaus said and Daemon with Valarr exchanged looks, while Valaerrys came from kitchen, holding breath and feeling her heart beating like crazy.

When Jon enter the room and twins jump on him the next second Eddard jumped off his sit. His eyes wide open staring at him in disbelief and Daemon comes to hold him back as he whispers to him.
"I know it's too much but think of the girls. Try to be calm please. Let them have their birthdays and then you can talk about everything."

"Don't touch me again!" Ned whispers a growl to Daemon. He felt disgusted. How can a man possibly lie so much and about grave truths. He remained silent watching him until Jon met his glare and froze. Ned didn't said anything to him. Your moment will come,he thought and remain unmoved.

Valarr was in silence sitting, Valaerrys standing with trembling hands, quickly, she put cups she was holding on table and let out long and deep exhale. "Uncle Jon! This is the best surprise ever!" Both girls were shouting and clapping, showering Jon's face with kisses.

Another child suddenly ran into the house and attacked Valaerrys, who kneeled in a moment, she saw little boy in room. And behind Jon, brown haired woman appeared, her small belly bump peeking from under light dress. "Welcome, My Lady," Valarr stood up, bowed his head and came to kiss her knuckles. "You are glowing! Thank you for coming here, we are so glad to see you."

Daemon nods towards them with a small smile as he stood next to his nephew. He knew Ned wouldn't do anything, especially in a room filled with kids.

Jon after he stood up from the attack of the girls he looked Ned in the eyes and sighed. "Hello Eddard.." he said queitly.

"Hello Snow.." he replied shorty and calmly sitting down the next second giving no other look. Jon knew that he didn't had to push the matter that moment,he exchange looks with Daemon and sighed deeply.

"How are you, my little one?" Valaerrys pressed Jon's son to her. "I haven't seen you for few months and you grew so big!" She chuckled softly.

"Thank you, Valarr," she gave him smile. "We couldn't miss this, of course," woman politely with a smile answered.

"Mia," Valaerrys said calmly and hugged her, still with little Rickon in her arms. "How do you feel?"

"Good, luckily it seems, that I have quite calm pregnancies," Mia chuckled, taking step back. "And where are my beauties?" She then turned and kneeled, so twins could hug her. Curiously, they observed her belly.

"Can I touch it?" Elia asked and placed her small hand on belly without waiting for an answer, making woman chuckle.

"Good to see you, Jon," Niklaus came to him, giving him hand to shake.

"Thank you, Klaus." He answered to the hand shake and truth was that he could hold himself. His brown eyes filled with tears now and shivering chin he took few steps closer to Ned who was already siting down.

Eddard rose his eyes as he watched him approaching and since he already started to take some bites from the table,he stops and looked up.

"May I?" Jon said in hesitation as he fronds his arms asking for a hug.

"No." Eddard answered shortly and stood up and clean up his hands with a cloth. "Your roast chicken it's amazing, Val." He noticed and went to the woman who came along with Jon and front his hand. "Eddard." He shook his hand with her.

Daemon turns to Jon and gave him a sympathetic smile. "At least he didn't kill you.." he whispers to him as he notice the girls being occupied with little Rickon.

"Eddard?" Miriam tilted her head, rising brows. "Like your son, Eddard?" She looked at Valarr, who confirmed with a nod and she turned her glare back at him. "Welcome to Aen Sedin, Eddard. I am Miriam."

Valaerrys came to Jon and hugged him. He was shivering, same as she was and she held him tight. "It's good to see you, curly," she whispered to him with small chuckle.

"It's good to see you too,Vally." Jon smiled and rushed to wipe off his tear from his cheek. "How are you? Forgive me that I've been away for so long.."

She cupped his face and wiped last bits with her thumbs. "I am... I think, that since all these circumstances, you understand, when I tell you, that I can't describe, how I am now," she shook her head with sigh. "Let's go to the table," she said for everybody to hear, since they all were in small groups talking. Big round table filled with food of any kind and Valaerrys vanished in kitchen again and came with a big cake. That she put in the middle. "Long may they live! To my beautiful daughters, to my Eli and to my Sun. I wish you to be loved, I wish you to be happy," Valaerrys said in trembling voice with glassy eyes, fighting tears. "I love you," she said before her voice cracked and she just rose her cup.

They all rose their cups and wish to the little girls happy birthday. Daemon stood up and kiss the girls cheeks and gave a tight hug to Valaerrys.
"I wish for you to see them like now all your life, happy and proud."

Jon stood up taking his turn to wish to the girls. "Mia made you these dresses.." he said giving them the present and kiss their foreheads. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you, Mia!" Girls jumped on their feet and immediately observed gift, before they ran to Mia and kissed her cheeks.

"I feel like in heaven, surrounded by angels," she smiled brightly.

"Mommy, can we try it?"

"After food and cake, yes? Look at this, so beautiful, thank you," Valaerrys nodded gratefully to Jon and Mia.

"Mommy said, that you are Ned," Rickon came suddenly to Ned and jerked his sleeve. "You are from North? Do you have a direwolf? Is he here too?" He said and stretched his arms in attempt to make Ned to lift him on his lap.

Ned watched him for a moment fighting his urge to smile. He scoop up the little one and hold him on his lap. "Yes, I'm from the North and i have a huge direwolf. His name is Narys(Poison). But he's not here right now. He have a duty to guard the gates of my house with his friend,Summer, another direwolf.." he said and rose his eyes on Valaerrys.

She sadly sighed, taking her seat back between Valarr and Klaus, who kissed her knuckles.

"We don't have direwolves here. Rickon continued. "Just werevolves," he shrugged. "Can I have a cake with you?"

"Rickon," Mia shook her head. "Darling, you have your plate here, no need to eat from Eddard's."

"Come here," Valarr meanwhile stood up as he couldn't resist puppy eyes of twins. "I made you this with a help of Dhu," he chuckled and from pockets he pulled out two brooches. Dragon and wolf connected with circle. Made from a gold, that he and Klaus usually found in the river, because it wasn't hard at all in this land. It was fertile and rich, protected by ancient magic so nobody who  wasn't allowed could enter. He pinned gifts to girls dress and they could get their eyes on it.

"It sparkles!" Sancia clapped her hands when sun rays fell on jewel. "Thank you, grandpa!" She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him.

"It's alright.." Ned said to Mia keeping little Rickon on his lap and started to feed him his cake. "Don't like sweets anyway he can have mine.." he shrugged and smiled to him. His eyes then turn to his father he looked at the brooches and sighed queitly. The circle broke long time ago, old man,he thought and took a sip from his water.

"How is she?" Jon found the courage to ask about his sister finally. A knob comes to rest on his throat.

Ned close his eyes for a moment trying to hold up himself, trying to hold back his anger. And suddenly the clouds outside gathered up too fast and thunders echoed on the distance approaching. He felt the light of the thunder behind his closed lids almost burning him.

Daemon hold his hand and whisper to him. "Gīda. (Calm).

Eddard took a deep breath and the storm seemed to be quiet. "She's fine." He answered shortly and removing Daemon's hand from his.

Elia and Sancia, who was standing behind Ned, observed him curiously with tilted heads. Then suddenly like one in unison, they said. "The circle is connected with blood," and shook her heads, then jumped again, dancing and shouting. Valaerrys gasped and Valarr glanced at little girls with furrowed brows and narrowed eyes, seeing, that they seemed to be almost unaware, what just happened.

Miriam looked at Jon, then at Klaus, who stood up. "Gift from us," he said, calling girls to him. "Mommy made this for you." He gave them two dolls, that Valaerrys made for them, working on it during nights, when everybody was sleeping.

Girls were in embrace of their parents now and shouted avidly, coming up with dozens of possible names for their dolls.

Eddard felt like he was running out of air. He needs to go out right now. He stood up slowly holding little Rickon,he kissed his forehead before he gave him back to his mother.
"Excuse me,i need to go out for a moment." He said queitly and went he attended to open the door he found a woman attended to knock.

"Oh..hello. I was just passing by. The unexpected storm take off your dress from the wire,my dear." The woman tells Valaerrys holding up her dress and looking at Ned curiously.

"Oh," Valaerrys faked a smile, clearing her throat. She stood up and went to woman, taking dress from her hands. "Thank you, it's a nice of you. You were in the woods? Or how come you appeared here?" She asked widow, who was almost regular visitor, even though she lived in the opposite side of village then they.

"I thought i should come to wish for the girls birthday. Happy birthday,my dears." She smiled sweetly at the girls and turn to see Valarr. "You must be very proud, Valarr. Your family is very beautiful."

Eddard looked at the woman and then his father. He wouldn't stay to see this,he roll his eyes and shook his head. Turning his feet without a word he left towards the woods finding Sōna curled up on his tale.

"Thank you, uhm..." Valarr narrowed his eyes at woman, trying to come up with her name, but failed. So he turned his eyes back at plate and ate along with Sancia, who, like she wanted to protect him, crawled on his lap the moment she saw woman in doorway.

Klaus and Valaerrys exchanged looks, it was rude to let woman go, so Val beckoned her to come inside. "I will return in a second," she then said and went to find Ned. She found him in woods, it wasn't hard at all, because she felt him same as she felt Sōna. Valaerrys bowed in front of a dragon, then came to Ned. Without a word, she took a spot next to him and took his big hand into her small one.

"It's alright, Ned. You see, this..." Val sighed, looking into a distance. "It is so hard to come up with words, to explain. Can you possibly imagine a word or words, that could explain things, cease the pain, excuse what can't be undone? No matter, what we ever say will make sense to you or turn back time," she sighed quietly. "How long does it last? Can you control it?"

"She is his sister, Ned, and dad is not asking, because he feels like he is not worthy to do so," Valaerrys replied calmly. "He thinks about her everyday, one of twins' favourite bed time story is how Dhu threw our mom to the pool. And Jon... You know, he never even told us, how he found us, he said, that he is not allowed to explain a thing, but he practically raised me with father."

Eddard although he didn't excuse or agree with any of her words nod. He turns to her and kiss her forehead. "I'll sit with them for your children and you but I'll never forgive them." He sighed and stood up slowly helping her up. "Come on, let's to back inside."

They walked back and entered the room. Only one voice echoed there, it was the widow, who was speaking to Mia, who held polite smile. "Finally!" She exclaimed, when she saw Val and gave her small desperate glare.
Valarr with Sancia was still sitting on a chair, holding his eyes down.

"And who's this young man?" The widow asked looking at Valarr.

"He's my nephew and Valarr's son, Eddard.." Daemon answered to her trying to help out his brother from the discomfort moment.

"I didn't knew you had a son." She said surprised and smiled at Ned who hold his cold eyes on her. "I'm Sally." She fronts her hand. "A neighbor.." she explained giving a small smile at Valarr.

Eddard took little Eli on hands. "My hands are full.." he said flatly passing by her and sit on the table with Eli on his lap. "I didn't gave you a present.." he pushed together his lips apologetically watching over her small face.

"You can give me a ride on your dragon," Elia challenginlly rose her brows.

"Races! Me with grandpa and you with Ned!" Sancia exclaimed with full mouth.

"Who is a pig now, heh?" Elia snorted laughing, seeing her sister with dirty mouth.

Valarr chuckled and cleaned Sancia's face, giving her kiss on cheek. "Whatever you want, little love. Just say it, don't spray it next time," he scoffed quietly.

Later that night after the twins and little Rickon were already sleeping, a dead silence had fall on the room where Klaus, Jon, Miriam, Daemon, Valarr and Ned were sitting on table. No one said anything. Jon looked up at Ned for a moment but his cold eyes made him look down and hold on his wife's hand.
"I believe is time to return.." Daemon said finally looking at Ned.

"Yes, you're returning to Gwendeith." Ned turns to him calmly yet his voice was cold losing every respect he had on him all these years.

"And what are you going to tell them?" Jon asked him swallowing hard.

"The truth.." Ned turns to him without a blink. "That i found our sister. And if she wants she can come with me to meet them."

Valaerrys looked at Ned, then at Valarr, who gave her small smile. "I could travel now, before storms take over mountains, then it will be difficult to pass them," she said softly. "Spend few days there and travel back home."

"Thank you, sister.. you'll make them very happy." Ned smiled at her.

"I wish to travel with you too." Jon said quietly watching at Valaerrys then back to Ned. "I..i know that she won't accept me but i want to see her again."

"Yes." Ned response shortly making Daemon turn to see him curiously what made him agree so easily. Then Ned adds. "You wish.."

"Eddard." Jon sighed and close his eyes for a moment shaking his head. He knew that he couldn't find a way to persuade him and he felt helpless.

"Besides you're a deserter in my land,so if you step your foot there I'll have to execute you." Ned tells him with a neutral face looking at him directly in the eyes.

Miriam took Jon's hand into her and caressed back of his hand. "Maybe some other time, curly," she gave him a smile.

"I don't want to travel alone, Ned," Valaerrys however said. "There I will go with you and Daemon, but back I'd travel alone, because if you come with me, you'd probably get stuck here for months. So, I'm asking you to let Jon join me."

"There, you'll go with me and I'll return you back home safe. Sōna memorize the path. And i think i was clear enough about the order.." he turns to Jon. "You're not allowed to reach Westeros. Even if the commander spears you, which i doubt. I have to execute you for treason." Ned narrow his eyes on him when he realised that he already knew who the commander was from his look.

"I want to see my sister.." he said holding back his tears speaking calmly.

"Are you deaf?" Ned asked him and Daemon sighed deeply.

"Ned please. There's no need for anyone to know. He can come and go unnoticed." He said to him trying to calm things down.

"No." Eddard strictly answered. "I won't lie to my people for his sake. He broke his oath and betrayed his family. Letting him live is enough from me."

"He did what he did, because he was told so," Valarr spoke quietly, looking at Jon. He was the only one, who knew, who sent him there, because Jon told him. In deepest despair, when he was crying as he imagined, that he won't ever see them again. Because he was told so. "You can't take your sister back, because you'd stuck here, Ned. Not even strongest dragon can pass storms above mountains and I doubt, you can leave your kingdom for months."

"Then I can go next year," Valaerrys said. "I won't leave my girls for so long and if you don't allow Jon to come, then this conversation has no sense now."

"Your girls can come with us but he won't come.." he answered turning to his sister.
"Very well then, Daemon will do." He finally said and turn briefly to give a look at his uncle.

Jon sighed and close his eyes. He knew that he can't make his mind whatever he was going to tell him. "Will you tell her I'm alive?" He asked him right after.

"Of course not. She's suffering enough thanks to you, Snow." Ned coldly reply.

"I am sorry Eddard, but I won't  let my girls travel alone to the land I don't know and I can't leave this place," Klaus said in calm voice. "It is not an attempt to make you change your mind, it's hollow fact and my decision as a father."

"Then how would it be?" Ned asked him as he sank further on his chair. "I understand your concerns as a father but I can't allow a traitor in my land more less in my house."

"Next year then, during spring, when mountains will be calm," he replied.

"Klaus, you can travel too," Valarr rubbed his eyes wearily, because he knew, he was the reason, why he refused to go.

"I won't leave you, old man. Not now, when we got so far," Klaus glanced from him to Daemon.

"Ned," Valaerrys glanced at her brother. "If you expect me to travel to North, meet my mother and lie to her, then I think, I shouldn't travel at all. She will have dozens of questions and if you want me to lie. Then leave and let's live like we did until now. You are trying to protect her, I understand... With more lies though."

"Like they did all these years." Ned nods in agreement. "Well,if you're so worried about one another then find a solution cause I can't go back with empty hands again. Because then i have to lie to them and maybe for you it's easy but it's not for me." He said turning to the men.

"Jon will travel. He will ask for asylum at Castle Black and he will ask for a proper trial and for pardon of his departure," Miriam stood up and spoke quietly.

Ned sighed and almost smile at her attend. "Well do you really think that commander will give him that?"

Jon low his eyes and shook his head. "I'm not asking anything else than few moments to see them."

"Lyanna will never allow you to step on the Watch." Ned turns to Jon sharply. "Even if i won't kill you, she'll. Believe me she won't hesitate a single second."

"Then you will have a war upon your land, Eddard. You didn't ask, but Jon is Lord Governor of this land. Something you call a King. He is alive, because our Queen Calime pardoned him. Queen Calime, who saved you all from extiction. You don't realize one thing, you are lucky, you were even allowed to enter our land. For many it is untouchable and invisible."

"Why is Lyanna on the Wall?" Valarr asked whispering in small thin voice.

"I'll take it." Ned answered without hesitation. "Your Queen pardon him for a crime that it wasn't even happend on her land. And if he's a governor as you said he understands what rule means which i doubt cause he already broke a serious number of them." Then he turns to his father. "She's the Lady Commander. She doesn't live there of course but she's in charge of their training and protection of the Wall." He answered.

"The oath, yes. His exile, would Sansa agree with his exile if others didn't want to kill him? Law and reign. You are alive thanks to Jon, Eddard. If he didn't kill Daenerys, you all woud be dead now. He sacrificed his whole life for his family. Without blink of an eye, he jumped and went to help Valaerrys, even though he knew, that it is his end on the  North. He serves to his family whole life, even though you can't see or understand."

"Pointless," Valaerrys loosing her nerves stood up and swallowed hard. "I'm not going anywhere. I won't put anybody into a danger. Not, when they sacrificed their happiness just to help me. Good night." She left room and went to girls to their bed.

"Valarr then. He can go," Klaus shrugged, making every single face behind table froze. "You want to kill curly, fine. Rule and stuff, you can't kill a dead man, though. And he is a dead and under protection of a Queen."

"She won't let me leave and I think, Ned is strictly against this, so..." Valarr cleared his throat nervously.

"Yes, but I can release you for the two months of travel and few days in North," Miriam shrugged.

"And if Valarr goes, I can go with girls too," Niklaus smirked.

"Very well.." Ned shrugged off and sighed. "But he's staying on the Wall throughout the visit. He's not allowed to step on Winterfell. And just for the record if it comes to thank people i think I'll start with my aunt Arya. Cause if she didn't killed the Night's King I'm afraid Daenerys would never saw even the Red keep so.." he turns to his father. "You'll come and you'll stay in Castle Black until they decide to leave. I can't offer anything else." He stood up and went upstairs on his room after he tells them goodnight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 2K 27
˚・゚✧ 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 ˚・゚✧ ' a targaryen and a stark love drunk on one another. what could go wrong? ' ˚・゚✧ ⸻ in which rhaenerys targaye...
240K 6.2K 30
[SLOWLY EDITING] Mare Dalyngridge was a peasant girl that was caught in the middle of a war. She thought that she could survive without a scratch, bu...
36.1K 1.5K 11
Lyarra Stark. Twin sister of Robb Stark. Daughter of Eddard and Cathlyn Stark. Big sister to Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon. Brave. Strong. Faithful. P...
645K 17K 26
Willa Frey's beauty has been heard of throughout all the Seven Kingdoms. Everyone wants her, especially Prince Joffrey. The problem? She is in love...