Queen of North

Af AlfieSolomons00

The story follows Sansa Stark,Queen of North and lady of Winterfell after her brother's Bran coronation as th... Mere

Prologue (trailer)
Lord Commander
Castle Black
The dragon
The pit
A dragon is here
Littlefinger
Tombs
Dragon's awakening
The broken king
Blood of my blood
Lord Dragon
Peace for war
Alliance
Did you miss me?
Ask me
Are you happy?
The other Queen
The Dead and the Fallen
The undying
The dinner
Princess & Bastard
Wine and fire
The Dragon King
Farewell
Illusions and guilt
Lord of Gwendeith
Father's duty
Time to heal
Part of my heart
He's one of us
Sleeping dragon
Flameborn
Poisoned mind
Mad king
Downfall
You'll die tonight, My King
Dark future
Queen of North (second part)
Snow
Lady commander
Reunited
We need you
The powers you hold
Bedtime stories
You'll pay
Son of Summer
Hunter's wife
You're my home
The trial
The King in the North
Atonement
We live forever (final)

I found you

213 13 103
Af AlfieSolomons00

Two dragons landed in the middle of nowhere. Mighty mountains surrounded them, same as the darkest night. One of them grey and white as snow, the other black, barely visible in the night. Their riders jumped down, looking around and dragons with a roar spread their wings and flew away. To hunt, to find something to eat during a long journey.

"I mean, they could help us with a fire," one of men sighed, shaking head, looking at the sky until dragons vanished. He grunted deeply and looked around, luckily there was a plenty of branches and dry grass, so making fire shouldn't be a problem, he thought.

The other smiled and took two sticks on his hands and tried to great flames as the others scratch the rocks to lit the spark. And before they settle the fire was ready.
"They could but they don't want to..." The other man chuckled watching up at the sky. "Can't blame them they're hungry..they haven't eat for days.."

"Speaking of food," he showed empty bag and shrugged. "I hope, whatever they catch, they will share," he smirked and threw another vranch to fire, warming his hands. It didn't take more than 5 minutes and a doe landed behind them, craking of bones caught their attention. "Good boy," he chuckled and went for dead animal. They skinned animal, got rid of its guts and cut it to pieces. They were mostly silent, not that they didn't want to speak, yet it was nervousness, that made them to be more like lost in their minds. An hour later they were sitting by fire, eating roast meat.

The other man sighed after an hour of complete silence. He looked on his side on the other man and clean his throat. "It would be better if i meet him alone. You never know who's on the Watch now."

"There are two things, that didn't allow me to leave you alone," he cleared his throat, glancing at him. "I know. I will be invisible, I promise. I will stay in the woods, like we agreed. If you didn't come, I'd never enter that land, but... I'm so fucking curious."

"Curious?" He gave him a side look with a crooked smile. "If Tormund got more ginger or if the trees have changed?" He chuckled lazily shaking his head. "You have to be careful either way, we don't want any unfortunate meetings with the Lord of Wolfswoods." He smirked watching him. "You missed Rodrik, don't you?" He snorted laughing throwing a bone on the dragon that he grabbed on the air with his mouth.

"You sure his name is Rodrik? Because I'd swear his name is Rodick. It sounds better, don't you think?" He shook his head, then waved hand and leaned against the rock behind him. "Well, if trees have changed, how does Wall look like. In all honesty? Is the land covered with snow? I guess it's not, hm?"

"It still is.." He confirmed with acknowledge. "Maybe..at least Tormund said that the nights are a bit shorter now so..i guess summer is near."

Black dragon let out small purr, deep and long and man threw him piece of meat. "One doe and I will have to listen to complaining for days now." He smirked and looked at the other one, slowly and thoughtfully speaking. "Summer in the North. I can't even imagine it," he then shook his head, swallowing hard and looked down. "And I'll never see. Anyway," he cleared his throat. "How's missus, Jon?"

"She's good.." he admitted with a small smile after a picture of them comes on his mind. "We're expecting the second one in seven moons. She almost kill me when i told her we're flying to Westeros.."

"That's amazing! I'm so happy for you both!" He answered with genuine smile, patting his back. "Well, can't blame her. Since I said, that I'm leaving with you, we have had silence household. I mean, I can be month in the woods alone, but this was like a torturing," he rubbed his eyes with a sigh.

"There's nothing to worry about.." Jon comforts him. "As long as you'll be in woods nothing will happen. But i understand the girls are worried about you. How's she?" He asked him after a while. "Should come more often to see you but i couldn't.. maybe when we return."

"She's... She's happy," he said with a small smile. "Girls make her smile more than ever, even though she sometimes falls to bed exhausted and they are still jumping in their room. You have your duties, that's understandable. They are turning five in two moons, so... Then we can meet."

"They grew up so fast.." Jon mused with a small soft smile but then his smile slowly turned sadness briefly as he sighed. "We should get some rest. We have two days journey ahead."

He nodded and looked at the sky, leaning head against rock. "You're right. Good night, Your Majesty," he smirked, giving him a peek with corner of his eyes before he closed them.

"Goodnight. If you start to snore I'll kick you.." he chuckled and lay on his side. They fall asleep and the next day before dawn they woke up rode on the dragons for hours and days.

The second day the two giant beasts landed outside of the Wolfswoods,close to the western coast. It was night already there and the land was still covered in snow. Jon turn to the man once he got down from his dragon. "Where are here. I'm going alone.." he tells him giving a look around to make sure that they're indeed alone. "You have to wait here or better yet in the woods. Don't think you'll find anyone but even if you do, don't call their Lord Rodick..."

Whole night and day man was walking amongst trees in Wolfswoods. Observing landscape, so familiar yet so strange. Like he was walking there for the first time, but he knew it there. From a dream he would say, because many of his memories were so blurry. The evening has come,  when he slowly was returning to the coast to meet Jon and go back home.

But there was someone who watched his steps carefully, following him like a shadow. Her scarlet hood hiding her futures as she paused holding down her crossbow. "Valar morghulis!(All men must die.)" She greets him waiting for him to turn to see her.

His blood froze in his veins in a moment he felt the fiery energy spreading around like a wave. Closing his eyes, he sighed inaudibly and slowly turned to face young woman. "Valar dohaeris (all men must serve)," he answered in deep raspy voice, glaring at her.

She watched him carefully and narrow her piercing eyes on the last bit. "There are no ships on the coast." She noticed thoughtfully as she could see the empty horizon of the sea. "And you're not from Volantis or Eassos." She said and sharply rose her crossbow pointing at him. "Which means you're a smuggler. Who are you?" She asked him sternly.

"A hunter," he pointed at daggers under his coat. "I serve for Lord Forrester. A deer broughtme here, yet I lost his track. So, I guess, I'm a bad one."

She felt him,she felt who he was. She felt her blood calling him. Swallowing hard she asked him. "And how many sons Lord Forrester have?"

"One," he answered with narrowed eyes. "Asher, hm?"

"And what's your name?" She asked him without a blink.

Looking into her eyes, he answered slowly and shortly. "It's Gal."

She nods trying to hold it back and clean the knob from her throat. The bow came down slowly. "Very well,Gal. Let's go back to the Irontree. I would like to thank your Lord for sending his hunters so far to protect our land from invaders."

"I'm afraid, that won't be possible," he answered, looking into a distance. "I can't come back without a prey, so... I better be going," he answered, turning his back to her squeezing his eyes immediately, fighting tears and trying to calm his heart that was about to break his ribs, how hard and wild it was beating in his chest.

"You better run,Gal!" She said and rose her bow sending an arrow to stuck on the tree next to his head. "Cause if i ever see you here again I won't spear you!" With her last words Sōna landed on the ground she climbed on the back of his thick neck and the beast turn to Valarr and sniff him growling. "Last warning!" She tells him and Sōna spread his wings and vanish in the grey sky.

He didn't wait a single second and run toward coast. In his mind calling Dhu and Gwyn. In a moment, he saw them appearing in the sky, he looked around and noticed familiar person approaching. "We have to leave! Now! Immediately, like 5 minutes ago was late already," he murmured, when Jon came to him, staring at him with frozen expression.

Jon narrow his eyes and looked around. He watched carefully in the forest but he saw nothing. "What happened?" He asked him curious and more worried. "Valarr!" He holds his shoulders to calm him. "What happened?"

"I met Lyanna!" He snapped and began to shake. "I swear to gods, I was all the time here, like we agreed and I met her here like... We need to leave now!"

Jon close his eyes cupped his face with his palm. This couldn't go any worse,he shook his head in despair. "But you didn't told her who you are,did you?"

"Of course not! I told her I was Rodick's hunter, I remember one of them named Gal. I... What is she even doing here? Why?" He shook his head. "Why are we talking? Go, we need to go!" He said, turning and in rush went to Dhu.

Jon didn't waist anymore time,it was pointless to even sit and talk. Of course he knew why she was there. Tormund told him,he asked about them but he decided to keep it from Valarr. It would be better that way,he thought and climb on Gwyn. The two dragons spread their wings and vanish after a while on the horizon of the sea.

Sōna lands outside Winterfell soon after they left Wolfswoods. She was upset,a tear run to her tensed face which she immediately wipe out with her glove. She walked to the gates and the guards immediately open it for her. Without any greetings to the guardhouse she rushed her steps inside the castle. The throne room door was widely open and the King was inside with sir Davos when he heard the restless steps of his sister passing by attending to rush upstairs. "Lyanna." He calls.

She halted her steps and sighed deeply, clared her throat. "I... I need to go change first and cleaned myself, brother, I..." she said, trying to persuade her voice to not trembling, but she failed. "See you at the dinner," she added and in rush continued to her chambers, slamming door behind her.

Of course that voice doesn't suit her and Ned without a second thought follow her after. He comes outside her door and knock. "Are you decent, Lyla? Can i come in?" He asked waiting for her call.

She was standing by a window, looking outside. Crossing her arms on her chest, like she was trying to cover herself or maybe persuade her stomach and cheat to stop squeezing. "Sure, come in."

When he stepped inside his heavy steps echoed through the silent room. Usually she had something funny to say or tease him somehow but now she was silent. He reached for her shoulder and smiled softly. "I wasn't expecting you so early from the hunting. You didn't get hurt did you?"

His words made her gasp. She closed her eyes without turning to him. Hurt... The truth was, that she's probably never felt more hurt in her life like she felt now. "I... It was pointless, so I returned earlier," she answered, opening her eyes.

"Pointless for you?" He furrows eyebrows in disbelief and made her turn to see him. He watched carefully her eyes and cupped her face. Her eyes were wet, shinning but not from her usual light. She looked sad. "Lyanna, what happened out there?"

Looking into her brother's eyes, she let out one tear and swallowed hard, fighting emotions inside her. "I think..." She began to speak calmly. "And when I say, I think, I mean... I am pretty much sure, that I just met... Valarr," she said in trembling voice. "I just saw our father."

Eddard's face tensed for a moment and he looked at her confused. He shook his head in notion he sighed and close his eyes for a moment. "Lyla, please, sister. You know that can't be true." He wasn't doubting her words but he knew how much she wish that to be true although she never admit it in words. He wiped her tear and kiss her forehead to comfort her. "Don't do this to yourself,love please. I know you have to be the strongest of the girls and i know it's hard but we can't avoid reality. He's dead."

"Alright then," she took a step from him, turning her back and closed her eyes. "I met a man, who radiated a strong warm energy. I met a man, whose eyes had a colour of an deep green wood that met a blue sky and one of his eyes framed with a scar. I met a man, who didn't turn a bit, when my arrow ended just a inch from his head. And when a dragon landed in front of him, he without realizing it, he bowed his head. But yes, I guess it was a regular hunter, just like he said.'

He watched her with wide open eyes. That was him, surly it was him and she couldn't knew about it not only if she saw him. His chest was heavily moving up and down from anger and frustration and sadness. "Where is he now?" He asked her calmly holding back himself.

"I left him in the Wolfswoods. He probably left, I don't know.." she murmured watching him and Ned didn't waist a single moment. His heavy footsteps echoed through the corridors until he reached the tower and Sōna fly over the balcony allowing him to step on his back. Inside the misty night,the dragon fly over the woods searching and scanning every bit of the area finding no sign of human around. Sōna stopped on the foreshore and Eddard looked over the sea spreading on his feet. And he realised that there's only one place to find his answers.

After days and almost a week of traveling Sōna lands his clawed paws outside Gwendeith palace. The guards knew Eddard and allow him to enter. A servant came to show him in and inform the king about his arrival.

Daemon came after a while to find his nephew waiting for him on the fire hall. "Eddard!" He exclaimed with a smile and came to greet him. "We didn't expect you to come?"

Eddard hold his distance. For the first time after many years he wasn't looking straight at Daemon. They were close, Daemon was something like the father he never had. "I won't stay long." He explained with a neutral seriousness. "How's your girls?" He asked him right after.

Vanya, who saw him entering palace from her chambers, she quickly walked through hallways and stairs until she met him. With a bright smile she entered to the hall, but seeing his seriousness and Daemon's fading smile, she with fear asked. "What happened? Ned? Something happened in the North?"

"Someone happened in North.." he spoke turning to see her. Ned took a deep breath and turn to see her. He watched deeply in her violet eyes and narrow his own. "Tell me that you didn't knew he was alive.." he tells her in a quiet voice.

Daemon hearing his words tensed his face but remained calm although his heart started to race. "What do you mean someone? Who?" He asked although he knew the answer.

"Don't tell me that you didn't knew!" Ned turns to him furious. "He landed on the western coast! There's only one place he could come from!"

"Eddard!" Vanya exclaimed, shocked and confuced, surprised by his behaviour. "What are you talking about? Who landed on western coast? We were here all the time! What... Daemon?!" She turned to him, studying his face closely.

Daemon froze the moment both of them hold their eyes on him. It was pointless to deny it now. He sighed and turn his back watching over the flames in the center of the room. "Forgive me." He said making Ned open his eyes even more and taking a step back. "I didn't had another choice, Eddard." He said calmly closing his eyes.

Ned was speechless,he didn't knew what to say or what or whom to believe. He brush his face for a moment and shook his head right after trying to understand everything, although it was hard. On his eyes tears crawled up making them shine as he almost laughed at the irony. "He was alive all these years and you didn't had another choice!"

"Daemon!" Vanya's voice like a thunder echoed in the hall. She came to him and her eyes were stabbing him like needles. "Wh... Valarr?" She glanced from him to Ned and back at her husband. "Valarr is alive?"

Daemon sighed turning to see  them as he absolutely no excuse and he knew it. "Yes, Valarr is alive." He spoke calmly watching Ned who's face reminds stone now. He never cried or mourn all these years but now silent tears runs down his face. He was betrayed by the man he trusted the most. "He was resurrected long ago in the mountains of Brokilon."

"What about my sister?" Ned bites his words fighting back thicker tears. "What happened to Valaerrys? Is she alive?"

Vanya on the other hand was a woman of different temper and King or no King, she slapped Daemon with all the strength. "How could you?!" She shook her head and took steps away. "Valaerrys?"

He holds his eyes close for a moment and open them to see her. He would start to apologize,it wouldn't matter anyway. I did what I own for my brother after i took his life,he thought.
"She's alive." He shortly answered and before he turns him into a raging beast he adds. "They both live in Brokilon close to the borders of Gwendeith."

Eddard didn't even had the courage to spit or hit him. All these years they were alive and he said nothing. All these years they've been left alone mourning over a lie. "And you let us mourn for them. You let my house turn into a graveyard to safe your brother!" He shouted and grab him by the collar. "I trusted you! And you lied to me all these years. Why? Why you keep them away?"

"That's why nobody could feel them, Queen's magic covered them," Vanya spoke quietly, tears were running over her eyes, seeing Ned like this was devastating and she couldn't imagine his pain. Taking few steps to him, she placed hand on his arm. He was shaking from anger and pain, but violence was not an aswer in that moment. "You will take him there, Daemon. Or show him the path, I don't care. Do it or I will make you," she whispered with threat in her eyes.

"Eddard listen to me.." he comes closer. "Please,i know what i did it's unforgiven but his condition it's still unstable. Don't do this to your family please,you could return the danger back to them."

"And who the fuck told you i want him back?" He roars on his face. "I don't care if he is dead or alive. But you,Daemon had no right to keep me away from my sister to let my mother mourn for her for so long like it was a fucking game for you! You'll show me the way or forget Westeros. Forget the North and forget us!"

"What do you mean unstable?" Vanya soften her glare a little in fear. "Daemon... You can't do this. He is your brother, alright, but... Valaerrys," she cupped her face. "You have to show him, where they are, so he could take his sister back to mother, where she belongs! And your brother can rot in hell," she murmured under her breath.

He knew that Eddard even if he didn't told him he would scan the area for years on empty trying to find them. It was pointless. "I'll explain everything when i return." He turns to his wife with a soft voice. "I believe you should return to Winterfell and tell them that you're about to leave for sometime. You can't leave them alone without a someone on charge." He said to Ned calmly.

"Lyanna already knows." Ned snaps back. "And don't worry. The can defend North and keep their house better than anyone. If you're not willing to follow I'll go alone." He turns his feets and walk outside to wait for him.

"Forgive me." Daemon watched Vanya after he left.

"Just make sure, that he will be safe," she sighed, quietly lookimg at him, then lowered her eyes and turned with crossed arms toward a fire.

Daemon sighed and took a deep breath. His man deliver him his sword and once he stepped out Drogon lands next to Sōna.
"I need to tell you a few things before we go."

Ned wasn't about to waist another second. He already lost fifteen years away from his sister, talking was the last thing he wanted. "Just step on your damn dragon and let's go!" He said and Sōna fly out going ahead.

Daemon sighed and climb on Drogon. "Impatient just like your father." He murmured watching him as he fly away and Drogon spread his wings to follow them. For almost a month they fly on dragons with so few stops just to get some sleep or something to eat. Riding day and night through storms and sunny skies. Ned felt almost weak on that land. He wasn't used on the heat, on so much sun.

When they finally arrived Eddard was the first to jump off his dragon. They decided to let the dragons outside the village and he didn't even wait for Daemon. He walked ahead, having no idea where he was heading or whom he was looking for. He wants to meet her,he needs to see her. Once he was in the village,he looked around and saw people passing by looking at him curiously. Of course,they were all common people, simple dressed with no banners on their shoulders or colours to match their houses. Eddard was like a fly floating in a glass of milk. Broad,tall wearing an armour and a red cloak hanging on his wide shoulders.

And suddenly he felt his cloak jerking. First softly, then more vigorously. "You are standing on my dress, sir!" Child's voice spoke under him.

"Forgive me.." he jerked off calmly when he realised that it was a child and took his boot from her dress. Suddenly from a brief look at the kid a picture from the past came to play on his mind. Valaerrys when she was a little running around Summer,her direwolf. Screaming and gigling. Her voice was still on his mind. "Ned! Ned! Look what i taught him to do! Summer sit!" His eyes had froze on the little girl before him as he kneels down to her high and tears started to fall from his eyes. She was just like her,just like Val. "Who are you, sweetheart?" He asked her swallowing hard his tears.

"Sancia! We can't talk to strangers!" Another girl ran to the first one, mud smudges on her face and dress and with narrowed eyes, she rose her small hand and asked Eddard. "You are a stranger, right?" And because he wasn't able to say a word, she turned at first girl, who looked completely the same. "See? He doesn't even understand, he must be stranger."

"But Eli, he spoke to me in common language. I normally understood him," first one curled her mouth pensively, glancing at her sister, then back at Ned.

Ned couldn't talk anymore,he was sure that if he opens his mouth to say another word he would start to cry and never stop. Whatever tears he did share for so long they would came out. He lows his head and took a deep breath before he rose it again but hold his eyes down. "I am a stranger.." he said queitly and swallow hard. "I come from a kingdom,very very long way from here." He rose his eyes and smiled softly to them with filled with tears eyes. "I'm looking for someone " he tells them. "Her name is Valaerrys. Do you know her?" He asked the girls knowing already the answer. He knew they were Targeryan,he could feel his blood,he could feel the fire inside them.

And shadow covered the sun. From a sky a dragon without rider landed right behind both girls and let out a roar, making ground shake. Black as night with thousand of shades of gold and yellow in his eyes. Protecting little ones, it felt like with his wings he wanted create shield.

Lowering his head toward Eddard. "Dhu!" Both girls clapped hands. "This is my dragon!" Eli said proudly, peeking at Ned, who stood up in a moment dragon landed on the ground.

"Hey! He is mine too!" Sancia shook her head. Expression of dragon melted. From beast ready to attack man, he narrowed his golden eyes in a moment he took in Ned's smell. Yet he still kept girls under his protection, like hen protecting her chickens. Girls were giggling under the beast, then Sancia asked. "Why do you want to talk with mommy?"

Ned stood watching him for quite awhile. He still remembers that night when he saw Valaerrys flying away on his back. He never forgot that night,that night haunted his dreams for years. He low his eyes on the girls again and smiled softly. He wasn't a master of words. He wasn't sure what they knew or what to tell.

That moment Daemon steps closer. "Ned,these are.."

"I know.." Ned stops him briefly turning his head on the side but keeping his eyes on the girls.

Girls ran to Daemon squealing and screaming. Making his clothes dirty from their dress and boots. "Uncle Dae? You came to our birthday? You came!" They were hanging on him like little monkeys.

"Maybe that's the surprise mom told us about?" Eli pondered, kissing Daemon's cheek. "Can I ride Drogon?"

"Can I braid your hair?" Sancia asked, rolling his hair on her small fingers. "Do you want to see my wooden sword, grandpa made for me?"

Daemon smiled scooping them up on his arms with a small groan. "You two got heavy!" He kissed their foreheads. "You can do whatever you want I'm on your disposal,my beauties but  first we have to go see your mom,hm?"

Eddard stood there watching them. With aching heart and fighting back his tears he follows them in complete silence. What to say to these little ones? He couldn't just come up with the truth and confuse or even scare them.

They were walking through village and Dhu flew up to the sky. Locals behaved like it was a normal thing, because for them it was. Dhu was born in mountains behind great lake not so far away from Aen Sedin and before Valarr came for him, Dhu was hunting in local woods and lake. He was circling above their heads and followed Ned, Daemon and girls. They walked through a village few minutes until they came to a small cottage very close to the deepest woods. There in a small garden was a young woman in a simple dress, kneeling and taking care of herbs.

Eddard's heart felt like stop beating for a moment,his knees were weak. He comes to see his sister after so long, after so many that happened. With hesitation and cautiousness but still steady steps he pass the small gate and enter inside. She rose her glare when she heard them and Ned stood before her with tears rolling down his eyes. Words couldn't come out,he didn't want them to come out,he didn't care that moment if she was going to push him back or deny him. She was alive. Taking a step forward he opens his arms and gently hold her up on his embrace. My little Val,he said inside his head cupping her head holding her tightly.

And she took a step back. Confused and scared, because a stranger just came and hugged her. "Who ar-" She wanted to ask, but a glance into his eyes was enough. She cupped her mouth and gasped, her knees betrayed and taking one, then two steps back, she collapsed between flowers, looking up at him. "Ned?" She whispered, crying.

"Forgive me.." he said in rush to kneel next to her. "I scared you." He said queitly and looked deep inside her eyes, raining eyes like his own. He cupped her face and kissed her forehead. "I want to ask so many. I want to hear you for days,Val." He takes a deep breath and helped her up kissing the knuckles of her hands holding them long enough to water them with his tears. "I think we scared them enough." He gave a look behind at Daemon approaching with the girls as he wiped out his tears then her own.

Valaerrys was speechless, she was looking at him, pale and like she saw a ghost. Then a voice of her little one brought her to senses. "Mom? What is going on?"

"What did you do to her?" Eli asked,jumping from Daemon's arms. "Should I call Dhu?"

"Gods, no!" Val shook her head immediately and chuckled. "No, love, no need for Dhu," he said, kneeling to her daughter as the other approached as well, frowning at Eddard. "Girls, this is your uncle Ned," sha said and let out new wave of tears fall on her chest through her cheeks. "Ned, this is Sancia and Elia, my daughters."

"That's uncle Ned? Why didn't you say it earlier? Did you bring a direwolf?" Elia asked him with sparkling eyes.

"Mommy! That is a surprise you were talking about?" Sancia clapped her hands and they both jumoed at Ned with laugh and pure joy.

He chuckled softly holding them tightly on his arms. It was a catharsis for him,a pure deep joy. He finally found them,even these two that he had no idea about their existence. He kissed their foreheads and looked at them long taking in every bit of the pureness their eyes carried. "I'm sorry I didn't wanted to scare you earlier." It was the only thing he could say.

"Is he here, Valaerrys?" Daemon came and hugged Val.

"We fear no one!" They chuckled and he didn't even know how it happened and in few moments ended with braids and flowers in his hair. "Pretty!" Sancia giggled, fixing it to her satisfaction.

"They are in woods with Niklaus, they should be back tomorrow for the celebration," Val whispered to Daemon, still trembling from unexpected visit.

Ned just sat down and endure everything they planned for his head and soon looked more blooming than the garden. "And now I'll be followed by bees all day!" He chuckled putting Eli on his broad shoulders and holding up Sancia on his arm. He stood up and walked to them and sighed once he saw Valaerrys. "I hope i can stay." He talked to her queitly. "I won't bother you. I just want to talk to you and...i have so many things to tell you, Val."

"Yes, of course," she answered quietly with small smile, wiping last tears, standing beside Daemon. "Let's go inside, you must be hungry," she dusted her dirty dress and beckoned them to follow her. They entered to a clean, neat wooden cottage. A huge space with table, chairs, place to sit, behind corner a place for cooking with stove. In the end of room a wooden stairs, leading upstairs. "Welcome, brother," Val said with small smile, standing in a middle of the room, then cleared her throat.

"Is a castle, where you live bigger than our home?" Elia asked Ned curiously.

Sadness covered his eyes from the question. It was big to bed and fed a big family like their own. And Ned stood for a moment and imagine them all in Winterfell and girls running around the courtyard and everyone around the table in the great hall. And there would not he sad eyes, everyone would be happy smiling or fighting over stupid things. "It is." He admitted brushing her soft hair. "And it's waiting for you whenever you want to come, whenever you need to be there." He rose his eyes on his sister. Back in Winterfell her chambers were still untouched and cleaned and tuck on a regular order. Queen mother never accepted her death,she still hopes. She still waits for her little one to return.

"So, dinner," Valaerrys, lowered her eyes with a sigh. "I mean, lunch... food," she stuttered and went to the kitchen in rush.

"Will you help me to clean my hands?" Sancia looked at Ned with puppy eyes and Elia ran to ask the same to Daemon.

Val was standing in a kitchen and tears were falling from her eyes. She weeped quietly without making a sound, like she was used to, to not let anybody know she was crying. If it was so simple, she thought, then sighed, wiped her tears and prepared soup, that she poured into plates and carried it to the big round table, coming right after for freshly made bread.

They eat all together and for Eddard was one of the most pleasant dinners he ever had.
"So where's your husband, sister?" He asked her after a while. "I would like to meet with him." He said with a small smile.

"In a woods," she answered with smirk. "They will come tomorrow. Girls have birthday the day after tomorrow, they are turning five," she said giving smile to girls. "So, we will have small celebration here."

"Will you stay?" Elia asked with mouth full of bread, glancing from Ned to Daemon.

"Ew!" Sansia frowned, throwing napking at her sister. "Cover your mouth, you pig!"

"Your sister is not a pig!" Val said quietly to Sansia. "And don't speak with full mouth, little love."

"You have your birthday?" Ned asked them enthusiastically and took a sip of water. "Fu... that's truly incredible." He corrects his words and clean his throat. "You're celebrating your birthday the same day with your aunt." He tells them and Daemon low down his eyes. "How much does she knows about her sisters?" Ned asked him.

Daemon rose his eyes on him then trail them back to Valaerrys. "You have another sister." He weakly admitted and took a sip from his wine. He felt guilty although he knew that he was doing the reasonable thing but it felt wrong that moment.

"Her name is Vanya." Ned tells her with a small smile.

"Oh," Valaerrys said, maybe a little too sad, than they both expected. She looked down and played with almost vacant look with her spoon, yet she remainded quiet. "Nice name," she then whispered without changing her expression or tone of her voice.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Elia observed her with restless face.

"Nothing, little love, eat your soup, please. Then we will have a pie, yes?" Val answered, giving smile to her daughter, then went quiet again.

"Are you not happy that we have another sister?" Ned hold his eyes on her with his heart beating fiercely.

"Girls, stay here, I have to... go for.. something," Valaerrys stood up and glanced from one to another briefly, then without a word, she left the room, walking outside from the house. Running through small gardens, she ran toward woods, where she collapsed on her knees, crying. Dhu landed next to her and lowered his head with soft purr. She laid her head on his and cried there quietly.

"Uncle Dae?" Girls with confusion stared at him.

Daemon sighed and cupped his face for a moment then turn to see the girls and smiled. "She'll be back soon,my beauties. Let's have some pie." He winked at them playfully and walked to the kitchen.

Eddard stood up the next second and follow his sister outside. He found them in the woods curled up on Dhu. He took few steps closer and sat next to her. Although Dhu was growling he didn't turn to see him,his eyes were fixed on Val. "You don't have to hide your tears from me." He said quietly letting his own out. "I know. You have to be strong for them. You have to act the fool for them and smile and laugh although inside you your heart is ripped off in two pieces." He put his hand on her shoulder. "Stop crying, please." He let his forehead rest on her head.

Val wrapped her arms around him and hid her face in his chest, then however chuckled through tears. "Stupid thing this armor," she slapped him across his chest. "You came here to a battle or what?" She sad, sniffing, eyes red from crying.

"No.." he shakes his head in notion and wipe off her tears. "I left in rush. I didn't realize i was wearing this until i was already in Gwendeith." He said and took it off. It was a bairn either way and too hot to wear. "Much better." He admitted when he got rid of the weight and his skin could breath under his shirt. He sighed watching her and took her hand. "I'm happy to find you settled. Are you happy with him?" He asked her right after.

"Very," she admited with a nod, leaning against Dhu, who meanwhile moved and it seemed like he wrapped his body and tail around them, catiously and closely observed Val. "He is a ... well something like a free folk, you would say. A little big savage, but a good man. How about you, brother? Are you married? Do you have any children?"

"Savages tends to have the tenderest hearts." He admitted with a smile. "Well,yes. I'm married for now.." he admitted with a small snort. "I left them without warning so i guess I'll spend some time on the guests room." He scratched his small blond beard and shrug. "No,we don't have any children yet. But i really feel like I already raised two."

"You left after Lyanna met father in woods, hm?" Valaerrys looked at him, then lowered her eyes with deep sigh. "Two kids?" She asked right after.

"Yes.." he admits with a nod. "Lyanna and Vanya. She's turning 15 in two days and it will be the first time I won't be there." He sighed but smiled right after. "But I'm happy to be here. You can't imagine how many times i wished this to be a nightmare and wake up and see you sleeping next to me like we used to do when we were little. When the winds were blowing angrily outside and you crawled on my bed pushing me in the corner."

Valaerrys froze and gasped, she suddenly cupped her face and bursted in uncontrolable cry, unable to say a word. Dhu rose his head and poked to Ned with sharp growl.

Eddard hugged her firmly holding her against his chest. Softly caressing her back to sooth her. "It's alright, Val. It's alright. They're waiting for you, they'll die to see you." He said softly kissing her forehead.

"It's not like that!" She cried, shaking and let our desperate growl. "I thought, that Vanya... Oh gods," she bursted in cry again. "I feel like the worst person ever!" She stuttered between sobs. "Many time I was lying here under the night sky and imagined mom... Like smiling and being happy again, that she mourned, but moved on. And when you said we have sister, I imagined some strange man by mother's side... And I hate myself, that I even for a brief moment didn't wish her happiness! You said we have sister and I... first thinkg that crossed my mind was - mom got married - and it made me sad and I hate myself now so much!" She weeped and her voice broke again.

"Oh Val.." he sighed cupping her face. "It's alright,love. Don't do this to yourself. You couldn't possibly know.." he hugged her again and hold her there until she calmed down. "If someone now right now, fifteen years later told her to marry someone she would probably kill him herself. Mom can't trust anyone anymore,Val." He sighed. Deep inside he really wished she could move on. To let her darkness and sorrow on the side but even if it wasn't for a man she wouldn't be happy, Ned knew that. Since she lost Val and never find a way to find at least her body she gave herself wholly to her children. To raise them and love them and protect them. "You know what's the worst thing about her?" He asked her and nod to answer his own question. "After she announced to the kingdom the death of the King and her Princess,i never saw her crying again. That hurt me the most because i knew that she did the same thing you're doing. Muffling her pain and cries and screams. I wish she could just blast on me sometimes than keeping it all inside."

"I understand her and you know, the fact you've never  seen her cry, doesn't mean she doesn't cry everyday. Mothers can cry without making a sound," she said, looking into a distance. To the great lake and huge manor on the shore of it. Woods behind them cooled them a little from sun, that was slowly vanishing on the horizon. "Nights here are so warm, so comfortably warm," Valaerrys spoke quietly. "I am sorry, Ned," she then almost whispered. "I hurt you all and this is the last thing you want to hear... I would do it again. Selfish and coldhearted as I can be. I'm so sorry for taking away childhood from you, taking away happiness. Forgive me, brother, but I couldn't do it differently."

"I don't blame you for anything, Val.." he sighed deeply looking on the distance. "I'm blaming the one who allowed this to carry on for so long."

"Everytime they try to send me back, I refused to go. I refused to leave him, even though, when try to push me back. One day, when I fell asleep, Daemon carried me from my bed as father asked him, he wanted to leave with me. And I woke up. I called Dhu, he kicked him, we fell on the ground and I vanished for whole week. Father found me in Brokilon, hiding and I almost sent Dhu at him," she looked at her brother. "You can blame me as well. You blame all of us," she stood up and cleared her throat. "We should go back, girls might be nervous and... we can continue talking after they fall asleep," she said in calm voice, trying to find balance, trying to find that calmness in her face she wore for her daughters.

"Of course.." he agreed taking a deep breath and standing up. He gave her his hand to help her up and they walked back inside the house. He didn't wanted to raise a fight with her, he'll never blame her for anything. He just wanted to go back to Winterfell with them,to see their family together again even for a while.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

645K 17K 26
Willa Frey's beauty has been heard of throughout all the Seven Kingdoms. Everyone wants her, especially Prince Joffrey. The problem? She is in love...
21.5K 529 32
Hi everyone ! This story will be based on Game of thrones season 7 and 8. In this story Ygritte will still be alive and there will be a love triang...
4K 121 13
She used to be stupid. "A great many people underestimated you," Tyrion says, the first time he sees her. "Many of them are dead now." It is meant to...
387K 8.3K 68
Evelyn Stark is nothing like her brother Robb. She might have the talent to fight, be stubborn and sarcastic but she has a special talent for attract...