The World Is Ugly, But You're...

By transferingworlds

Elodea Sothabella just moved away from Illinois to New Jersey and it's her first day of high school. Back at... More

Chapter 1- The World Is Ugly, But You're Beautiful To Me.
Chapter 2- Blink 182: Helping People Find Friends Since 1992
Chapter 3- Mikey Way, What Are You Hiding?
Chapter 4- Frank..Just...Whhhhhyyyyy.
Chapter 5- ALEXIA, TO THE RESCUE!
Chapter 6- Don't Hate The Player, Hate The Game.
Chapter 7- Rib Ticklers, How Yummy..
Chapter 9- Awkwardness Seems To Run In The Family..
Chapter 10- Explanations.
Chapter 11- The Scary Monsters Always Dwell In The Basement...
Chapter 12- That Stupid Light.
Chapter 13- Stay Right Here, Stay With Me
Chapter 14- You WILL Be My Friend.
Chapter 15- Short Filler Because You All Hate Me!
Chapter 16- Frank's A Pretty Lady
AUTHORSNOTE/CONTEST
Chapter 17- Happy Number Three Day!
Chapter 18- Find Happiness In Misery (written by: therapybegins)
AUTHOR'S NOTE
WRITING SCHEDULES
Chapter 19: FanFiles Pt. 1: mychemely
Chapter 20: FanFiles Pt. 2: sarahthomasofficial
Chapter 21: FanFiles Pt. 3: TheKilljoysRevenge

Chapter 8- Paper Towels, Paper Towels EVERYWHERE.

7.4K 290 191
By transferingworlds

"Frank! Frank, give it back!" I screamed at Frank while running down the hallway into the kitchen. Frank was hiding behind the counter but doing a bad job at it since I could see the top of his head.

I walked up really slowly to the counter that Frank was squatted down behind and leaned over it quietly. I saw Frank squatting on the floor, hugging his knees with his head down in them, my bag next to him.

"I GOT IT!" I leaped over the counter and stumbled over Frank, grabbing my bag in the process.

"Nooo!" Frank screamed while trying to get up off the wood floor but flying back downwards as his socks slipped.

I laughed and jumped up, pulling my bag up a little too quickly. My bag spilled its contents all over the kitchen floor, causing Frank to erupt into laughter.

"UGH." I dropped down on my knees and started picking up all my things and putting them back into my bag. My stuff was all over the kitchen floor and some was even by Frank, including a peice of folded up paper that he decided to grab.

"Ooooh, what's this!?" he shouted while quickly shifting so he was sitting cross-legged, "Whose Lexi!?" Frank yelled, looking up at me.

I totally forgot about that!

"Gimme that!" I dived at Frank but he quickly moved to the side, causing me to fall on my face.

"Oww.." I sat up and rubbed my chin while Frank chuckled.

"But really, whose Lexi? She sounds hot." Frank winked and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, first, you can't tell how someone looks through their name," Frank just rolled his eyes and smirked, "And second, it doesn't matter who she is because now, you're NEVER meeting her.." I stood up and went back to filling my bag with the rest of it's spilled contents.

"WHAT!?" Frank ran into me, causing me to drop my bag. Thankfully, not a lot of stuff spilled out.

"Frank!" I turned around and yelled at him.

"But I wanna meet her! How come you can have secret friends!" Frank throwed his arms up in the air dramatically.

"Who has secret friends?" Mikey asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Ellie does!" Frank pointed both of his pointer fingers at me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"No, I do not." I picked up my bag and threw the rest of the stuff into it, "I met a girl in the bathroom at lunch that day Frank was pissing me off and she gave me her number so we could hangout sometime."

I turned towards Frank and threw my arms up in the air. "We haven't even hungout yet! And I'm not letting you come with the day we do because you start being really perverted or something and then she'll get a bad impression of me." 

Frank tried to hold back a smiling but was failing majorly and broke out into a grin. Before Frank had the chance to say something creepy, Mikey covered his mouth and started to talk to Frank.

"How about we just agree that Elodea can call the girl tomorrow so we can ALL meet her, okay?" Frank nodded and Mikey removed his hand from his mouth, turning to face me.

"And it won't be that bad because we'll all be here to make sure Frank doesn't do anything..too weird." I looked at Frank and smiled when I saw him roll his eyes. 

"Okay, fine." I said to Mikey.

"Alright, so we're all good here then?" Mikey looked back and forth between me and Frank and we both nodded. 

"Alright, we're about to put in a movie so come back to the family room." Mikey turned around and started walking out of the kitchen while Frank followed. I put the rest of the things that needed to go back in my bag in there and slung it over my shoulder. Once I stepped into the family room, I put my bag down next to the couch Bob was sitting on.

"I call sleeping on this couch!" I shouted, moving my arms back and forth around Bob.

"I call sleeping on that couch, too!" Frank jumped up and grinned. I glared at him and he sat back down, defeated. 

"Alright, Frank," Mikey turned towards Frank, "you can sleep on this couch." Mikey moved his hands around the couch him and Frank were sitting on.

"WAIT! I don't want him sleeping in the same room as me! What is he does it AGAIN!?" I looked at Frank and saw him wink at me.

"He WON'T do it again, because he knows that if he DOES, he's not aloud back here ever again. Right, Frank?" Mikey said in a serious tone. Frank rolled his eyes and nodded, looking down.

"Ugh, fine, but Frank," I walked towards Frank and grabbed his wrists, "if you even put your hands near ANYTHING of mine, I will cut them off and bake them into a pie along with your d-"

"ALRIGHT, he gets it!" Mikey jumped up, pulling my hands off of Frank's wrists and pushing me back towards the couch Bob was in.

I sat down next to Bob and smiled at him. He rolled his eyes and laughed, moving so that his left elbow was on the armrest and the left side of his face was resting on his hand.

"So, what movie do you guys wanna watch?" Mikey got up and stood in front of the TV, looking at all of us.

There was a long pause and Mikey started getting all awkward and sat back down.

I sighed and walked over to Mikey's movie case, looking through all of the movies.

"How about we just watch Halloween?" I turned towards the guys and saw Bob and Ray nod their heads. Mikey was looking down, still feeling awkward, and Frank was staring at the wall behind Bob's head with a horrified expression on his face.

"Umm..Frank...what the fuck is wrong wi-" Frank snapped his head towards me and cut me off, pointing to the wall.

"THERE'S A FUCKING SPIDER RIGHT THERE!" Frank jumped up and flipped over behind the couch, landing with a loud thud.

Bob got up and turned around, looking closely and squinting at the wall behind him.

"Frank, it's like 2 cm big, how the Hell did you even see tha-" 

"IT DOESN'T MATTER," Frank reappeared from behind the couch, his hands gripping on to the couch like he was holding on for his life and just his eyes and up showing, "KILL. IT."

Bob rolled his eyes and took off his shoe, he was about to hit the spider with it when I ran towards him and grabbed it from his hand.

"NO! Don't KILL it, let it live! I'll go get a paper towel and carry it outside." I turned towards the kitchen and Frank popped up in front of me, scaring the shit out of me.

"UMM, NO. WHY THE HELL SHOULD WE LET THAT DEMONIC CREATURE LIVE!?" Frank grabbed the shoe from my hand and was walking back to Bob. "HERE, BOB, KILL IT!" Bob was taking the shoe from Frank when I jumped on both of their hands, causing the shoe to fall to the floor along with me.

"NO! I'LL GO GET A PAPER TOWEL!" I grabbed the shoe and ran to the kitchen as fast as I could, grabbing the whole roll of paper towels. I ran into the family room and because of how I was holding the towels, they all started unwinding. I ran into Bob and Frank, causing them both to fall all over each other, and stumbled a little. I got back up and started walking until I tripped over Frank, landing over his stomach. I paper towels flew out of my hands as I fell down and flew into the air, just so happening to fly up onto the ceiling fan. The towels started unwinding and spreading all over Bob, Frank, and me as the fan kept swinging.

"Oh. My. God." Mikey walked over to the light switch and switched it off, turning off the fan. The rest of the paper towels rolled off the fan and landed on Bob.

"Ow...that hurt more than you think it would.." Bob grumbled, sitting up. I got off of Frank and tried standing up, but then fell back on top of Frank because there were paper towels wrapped around my legs.

"OW." Frank gasped out as he pushed me off of his chest and sat up. I sat up, too, and started pulling all the paper towels off of me. I saw the spider still on the wall and before one of the other guys could make it to it, I ran over and scooped the spider onto the paper towel. I ran to the back door and quickly opened it up, setting the paper towel on the ground. The spider finally crawled off of it, slower than I've ever seen a spider crawl in my life, and I picked the paper towel back up. I threw out the paper towel as I walked through the kitchen and continued on into the family room to find all of the guys sitting on the couches like nothing happened and a bunch of paper towels sticking out from under the couches.

"Reeeaaalllyyy, guys." I narrowed my eyes at them and looked between them all. Each time I looked at one of them, they would look away and start mumbling things.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the TV, turning it on and putting the Halloween movie in. I pressed "Play" and sat back down on the couch next to Mikey.

About 30 minutes into the movie, I started getting tired and grabbed the blankets on my feet. I pulled them up over me and laid out so that my feet were on Frank's lap and my head was on Mikey's shoulders. A little while later, I woke up to things moving underneath me and then felt like I was being picked up. I was set down a couple seconds after I was picked up and felt a blanket cover me. I instantly snuggled into it and pushed my face deeper into the the pillow under my head. I heard the TV turn off and the click of the lightswitch before I feel asleep again.

~~Okay, I've been pushing this off for far too long. ARE YOU READY FOR GERARD!? HE'S COMING NEXT CHAPTER! :D Oh & thank whoever created National Writing Day or National Day On Writing (I know, I thought they meant "Of" but it says "On" everywhere) for this update because I totally wouldn't have updated if it wasn't today. ;)~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 115 16
Christina Ross tried to kill herself when she was 17. Her best friend, Mikey Way, saved her life. Now, she lives in Cali, studying to become a nurse...
54.2K 1.8K 29
{*COMPLETED*} {* EDITING*} Y/n doesn't want to be alive anymore. Actually, no. The voices don't want her to be alive. With the voices and her family...
41.5K 1K 28
Hope has always wanted to break free. To leave New Jersey and never set her eyes on Belleville again. Could meeting the mysterious band boy Gerard Wa...
9.1K 134 13
It's official. Another chapter is coming. gee way x reader You go to a normal high school with a not so normal group of friends- Pete Patrick joe an...