The Marrying Type || Jensoo...

By xxclosed1316xx

Jisoo Kim isn't the marrying type. Anything but that. Marriage, for her, is out of the question. And yet, thr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75: Epilogue

Chapter 4

6.6K 334 108
By xxclosed1316xx

Jisoo woke up in the morning to blaring sunlight and the annoying, shrill ring of her cellphone. Thinking it was yet another lawyer or hospital personnel, she grabbed it and angrily punched the screen to accept the call.

"What?"

"How dare you fly across the country and not call me when you land?"

Jisoo smiled when she heard Lisa's voice. "I'm sorry, Lisa, I was exhausted."

"Oh, wow, I'm sure flying private is very exhausting. Where are they keeping you, a palace?"

Jisoo had stood up now, and walked over to the window to properly take a look at the estate. The sun was shining outside, and she could see miles and miles of pine forest and lush green grass. To her right, she noticed the lake glimmering in the sunlight, vast and a deep cerulean blue. She wanted to paint it all.

"Pretty much."

"You're joking."

"It's this...lodge thing. In the middle of the woods, but it's so fancy. I swear, she's probably going to be the prissiest bitch I'll ever meet, because these people are loaded."

"Send me pictures?"

"Of course."

"Oh, and make sure to steal something for me."

Jisoo chuckled. "Sure. Something small, though. I don't think there's anything cheap within the vicinity of this house."

"Except you."

"Shut up."

"Have you met her yet?"

"No." Jisoo said. "I just woke up."

"Ok, well, I gotta go to work but you get your ass to that hospital. Call me if she's hot. Or if she's a bitch. Oh fuck just call me, okay?"

Jisoo laughed and hung up the phone. Lisa's energy and endless joking was certainly making her feel better at the current moment. Even so, she couldn't deny that she was nervous.

How often do you get to meet your wife for the first time?

Jisoo rummaged through her bag and pulled out the most reasonable-looking clothes she could find. Even so, when she emerged from the room wearing black jeans and a t-shirt, she felt out of place in the fancy lodge.

She went downstairs and was struck by how open the spaces were. The entirety of the lower floor was one big open space, which was currently filled by flowing morning sun which appeared warm despite the fact that it was well into October. Somehow the space had seemed smaller in the dark of night, but now, she came to see that the lodge had just as much free space inside as it did outside.

"Good morning, Miss Kim."

Jisoo whirled around to find Mino standing before her. He was wearing a suit as he had been the night before, and his eyes appeared to bear no judgement whatsoever of her attire.

"I took the liberty of setting up breakfast on the patio, as the weather is absolutely marvelous today. It is relatively cold, though. Did you bring a jacket, or would you like to borrow some of the Miss's?"

Jisoo gaped at him for a bit and cursed herself for forgetting that it was significantly colder up here in Washington state. "Uh, I didn't bring a warm jacket...I'd be happy to borrow one, if that's okay."

The butler nodded and gestured towards the patio door with his hand. "It's right through there. I'll bring you a jacket."

Jisoo nodded a thanks and walked – no, wandered – over to the patio door and stepped outside.

The cold autumn air rushed at her bare arms, and she inhaled sharply as she felt it bite into her and make the hairs along her arms rise. Despite it's deceiving appearance, the sun provided little to no warmth to her. The pine woods began along the edge of the green that stretched out far into the field before Jisoo. The garden was expertly tended to, with sandy paths running amidst bushes and pools and grass patches that were all perfectly rounded and shaped. The air smelled of pines and freshly cut grass, and Jisoo inhaled deeply. She hadn't had much chances to get out into nature in New York – the closest she'd had was Central Park, and that did not even compare to the lush woods of Washington.

"Here, Miss Kim." Mino had come up behind her so quietly Jisoo jumped at his voice, but turned to find he was holding two different jackets in his hands.

"This one is the Miss's favorite." He said, offering Jisoo a surprisingly casual-appearing jacket. "I brought another in case you'd prefer this—" He lifted a peacoat in his other arm. "Whichever you'd like."

Jisoo looked at the two coats for a brief second before opting for the one Mino had offered her first. "Thank you, Edwards."

The butler nodded and made his way back inside. Jisoo held the jacket in her hands and found herself wondering about it's owner. It was a dark blue bomber jacket, clearly worn out from frequent use, and as she slipped it on she thought she smelled the hint of an expensive, pleasant perfume - fruity and sharp, yet somehow not as sweet as you'd think. The jacket was more casual than she'd imagined someone as rich as these people would wear – in fact, it was almost more like something Jisoo could have found in her own closet. It fit her perfectly, and warmed her right up as she walked over to the breakfast table and sat down into one of the wooden chairs.

After scarfing down a whole pile of pancakes and blueberries and bacon and eggs, Jisoo returned into the house in search of Mino. Instead of the butler, however, she ran into another man in the hall. He was tall and burly, with a finely cut beard and somehow kind eyes which peered at her curiously through round glasses.

"Miss Kim, I presume?"

Jisoo nodded slowly. "And you are?"

"Daesung. We spoke on the phone."

"Ah, yes." Jisoo said, taking his outstretched hand and briefly shaking it. "Nice to meet you." I guess.

"Would you like to go over the legal details now?"

Jisoo made a face. "Uh...sure?"

"Right this way."

Daesung led Jisoo into some sort of study and sat her down before a table.

"So, what would you like to know first?"

"Why am I here?"

The man nodded. "Right to the point."

"Yeah, I'd very much like to know what's going on."

"Well, you were called here because your wife was in a car accident. She's currently recovering from surgery, and the prospect seems fine. I'll take you to the hospital once we've covered these matters."

"Why does she need legal representation?"

"Her accident was a head-on collision with another car. The other driver was dead on arrival."

Jisoo gasped slightly. "Really?"

"She was also driving while under the influence. From what I understand from preliminary reports, it was her car that ran into the other, which would mean she will be charged with a DUI and manslaughter."

"Whoa." Jisoo couldn't think of much to say. "Then why am I here?"

The lawyer shifted uncomfortably. "Miss Kwon was declared mentally...incapable of making decisions for herself a few months ago. It is only a temporary solution, but for the time being, any medical procedure or legal decision has to be run through a next of kin. Her parents are unavailable at the moment, and she had no emergency contact so the hospital requested marital records just in case and found you."

"So I'm what, her legal guardian?"

"In theory, yes."

"I'd have to make decisions about her treatment?"

"Yes."

"That's insane." Jisoo scoffed.

"You'll also have to testify in court, if it gets that far."

"What?"

"About her mental status."

"I don't even know her!"

"You're her wife. It will be seen as strange if you don't at least appear."

"I literally didn't even know I was married until the hospital called me."

"That is...unfortunate, but I'm afraid your testimony is necessary." Daesung said simply.

"This is fucked up." Jisoo blurted out. "I'm sorry, but I didn't even know I had a wife. When did we get married? Is it even legal?"

Daesung rummaged through some papers. "You got married in Las Vegas, Nevada, on the 17th of February this year."

"And it's completely legal?"

"Yes, Miss Kim, it is."

"I can't believe this."

"I'm sure once Miss Kwon wakes up, we will come up with a solution to this...predicament."

"Predicament?" Jisoo scoffed. "I'm going to be a divorcee before I turn 25. How is that a predicament?"

"You forget that Miss Kwon will also be a divorcee before 25."

Jisoo sighed. "Forgive me, I'm just really messed up in the head right now."

"I understand." Daesung said. "Would you like to go see her?"

"Is she even awake?"

"Not yet so far as I know, but perhaps seeing her will jog your memory?"

Jisoo groaned and stood up.

"Perhaps."

*****

The whole ride to the hospital Jisoo felt the anxiety brew up inside her. She wasn't so sure why she was so nervous – this was just some woman, someone she'd met once and never remembered – she shouldn't have been nervous. But, as they arrived at the hospital and she was led through sterile white halls and found herself in front of a door, she realized she was extremely nervous.

"Now, she is still asleep, but she should be waking up soon enough." The nurse said as she opened the door and let Jisoo in. "I'll give you some privacy. Just press the green button on the wall if you need anything, ok?"

And then the door shut behind her and Jisoo found herself alone in a room with the woman who supposedly was her wife.

The instant she saw her, Jisoo understood why her drunk self could have gone and married her.

Shit. She's a freaking goddess.

She was absolutely stunning. Even with bruises and cuts on her face and wherever Jisoo could see bare skin, and having just come out of a car crash the night before, she was easily the most beautiful woman Jisoo had seen in her life. Jisoo could not tear her eyes off of the brown-haired beauty in the bed, and noticed how calm she looked in her sleep – she had wondered whether she would have the same piercing cold brown eyes as her parents, whether she would be as scary-looking as they were – but this woman seemed to have none of their sharp, vulture-like features and harsh looks. She looked soft, with a perfectly symmetrical and constructed face with a high brow and the cutest nose, and perfectly round ears and god, Jisoo could not stop looking at her.

But then she felt butterflies in her stomach, and the urge to hold the woman's hand, and the next thing she knew she was out of the room and looking for a bathroom.

No way, Jisoo thought to herself as she locked herself into the cubicle and leaned against the wall, there's no way that's my wife.

But she had also seen the file on the bedside table, which had read the name that had haunted her ever since she had heard it for the first – or maybe not so first – time. The butterflies had shocked her to say the least. Jisoo Kim did not get butterflies.

Jisoo Kim did not do actual long-term relationships.

Jinyoung had been an exception, and Jinyoung had proven to her just how right she had been about love and its' inexistence.

Jisoo Kim did not do romance. Jisoo Kim did not wish to hold hands with beautiful strangers. Not even if they were her supposed wife.

Which this woman wasn't. Not really. They were married on paper, but Jisoo was sure that would be fixed soon enough.

Except now she wasn't 100% sure she wanted it to be fixed.

Dammit, Jisoo, you came here to divorce her and you damn well are going to go through with it.

She slid down along the wall and sat down onto the floor, burying her face into her hands. She had to stop these feelings. These...flutterings in her chest and the warmth in her mind, they had to go. They were messing up her mind in ways which she refused to accept.

No, they had to go.

After a few minutes, she cleared her throat, took a few deep breaths, then stood up with shaky legs and headed back out into the hall to find her wife. She could do this – she was just admiring her looks because they were so fine, and she was an artist who enjoyed beautiful things. That was it.

When she entered the room for the second time, Jisoo was glad to notice that there wasn't a flutter in her chest or butterflies in her stomach.

But had she been better acquainted with the ways of love, she would have known that the smile that spread onto her lips without her even noticing was a tell-tale sign that the flutters and butterflies hadn't just disappeared. They'd just taken different form.

Jisoo now saw that the woman's chest was bound, and that her right arm was in a cast. She now wondered how injured she was; she had heard she had been in surgery, but Jisoo wasn't so sure she'd been told what kind. Perhaps she'd forgotten.

"Ruby Jane Kwon." She murmured. Jisoo felt disappointed that she couldn't recognize her – not even her name said anything to her. Her mind was completely blank. The woman in the bed was no one to her, and yet, somehow, she had married her in a drunken stupor. She was looking at her wife, and yet she had no glimmer of recognition in her mind or in her heart.

She was afraid to go any closer. She wasn't sure she had the right to. Even though she was technically this woman's wife, they were strangers. She had no right to be looking at her like this, to be in her hospital room – and yet here she was, staring at her, wondering whether she'd be okay.

"Miss Kwon?"

Jisoo turned her head to find a doctor had entered the room.

"She's not awake yet." Jisoo said, thinking the doctor had spoken to the woman in the bed.

"I know, Miss Kwon." The doctor smiled. "I thought you'd like to know more about your wife's condition."

Jisoo was taken aback when she realized the doctor was addressing her as Miss Kwon. Even the mention of 'your wife' was too much for her, but being addressed with a different last name – with her last name – oh no, that was way too much. She sat down into the chair next to the bed because she suddenly felt dizzy, and received a sympathetic look from the doctor.

"I'm doctor Juwon, by the way. Juwon Moon. I'd go by my last name but my father works here as well – he's the cardiothoracic surgeon – so I go by my first name. Just in case you get confused." He flashed her a shining smile, and Jisoo found herself thinking he reminded her of a puppy. He seemed very young to be a doctor – no older than herself – but once he began talking about medical terms, his puppy-likeness fell away and was replaced by strict professionalism.

"Right, so your wife was involved in a car crash, as you know. The impact caused her arm to break – you can see here that there are multiple fractures to her wrist and left ulna, as well as to her left humerus. We've set the bones and put her arm in a cast, and it should heal just fine in time."

Jisoo nodded and waited for the doctor to sort out his papers and scans before he continued.

"There was also a piece of metal that ran through her chest – here, you can see the X-rays – but we were able to extract it without much further damage. It punctured her pleural sac, and the surgery was long but they were able to repair it. I'm a general surgeon so I wasn't the one who operated, but I've been told there will be no future damage. She will be hospitalized for probably a week or so, and then be on strict bed rest for at least a month. She should heal completely, though."

Jisoo took the X-rays and looked at them against the ceiling light like her mother had instructed her many a time. What she saw was a sharp piece of metal protruding through a chest cavity, and she noted how close it had been to the woman's heart. The realization how close the brunette beside her had come to bleeding out struck her, and she felt shock where it shouldn't have been. She shouldn't have cared about this woman's health. She was a stranger.

"Close call." She said without even realizing it.

"You're a doctor?"

"My mother is." Jisoo shrugged as she handed the scans back. "I've seen plenty of x-rays."

"I see."

"Will she be waking up soon?"

"Yes, she is just sleeping now. She's off the sedatives." Dr. Juwon stood up then and gave her a smile. "Your wife is in good hands, Miss Kwon."

"Miss Kim, actually." Jisoo corrected him. When she saw the confusion in his eyes, she hurriedly added: "I...I kept my last name, so it's Miss Kim."

"I see. Well, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask one of the nurses to call for me. Miss Kim."

Jisoo nodded, and with that, the doctor left. She didn't know what to do then; she didn't feel like she could leave now, not so soon. She also felt pity for the woman in the bed – there were no friends, no family members outside waiting to come in to see her. She was alone, save for Jisoo, and so Jisoo sat back down and decided to wait until she woke up.

Maybe then she'd have some proper answers.

©artsypolarbear

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 1.6K 20
In a world full of Jisoo's, There is only one Unmarried Kim Jisoo, a small time journalist in a small newspaper company on Jeju Island. And she wants...
449K 11.5K 63
Two years ago, for the sake of their company, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim is forced to married her arrogant and possesive wife, Lisa Manoban. For Jennie, li...
3.7M 102K 68
Jennie said she's 100% straight, but she's not homophobic either. It's just that she has been inlove with a guy for almost 5yrs now. But, what if one...
287K 9.9K 17
Jennie is about to get married in a month as excitement washes all over her mind and body like other brides should have. She spreads the news to eve...