Letters and Murmurs

By JacobAlexannderConne

What happens when you go from mute to a selective mute. Logan Blake Urie over the past year and a half has fo... More

Chapter One: New Starts to an Old Life
Chapter Two: Be Happy
Chapter Three: Mercy
Chapter Four: No Means No
Chapter Five: Maybe I'm Nothing
Chapter Six: I Mean It
Chapter Seven: Visit Me, But Not Now
Chapter Eight: Names to Wings
Chapter Nine: Dead
Chapter Ten: Previously
Chapter Eleven: Luckily or Not
Chapter Twelve: To the Sea
Chapter Thirteen: Oh, Calamity! Oh, Lucky me...
Chapter Fourteen: I am too
Chapter Fifteen: Early Christmas
Chapter Sixteen: The Party Scene
Chapter Eighteen: Bones to Pick
Chapter Nineteen: Go Back Again
Chapter Twenty: Sirius, Goodbye
Chapter Twenty-One: Flowers Die Dude
Chapter Twenty- Two: More Than Friends
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dreams Only Last For a Night
Chapter Twenty- Four: Bloody Hands
Chapter Twenty-Five: Allowed
Chapter Twenty-Six: Can I?
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Free-ish
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Everything
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Feverish
Chapter Thirty: Ready to go
Chapter Thirty-One: Up, Up and Away
Chapter Thirty-Two: Woah there
Chapter Thirty-Three: Kolbi
Chapter Thirty-Four: Delirious
Chapter Thirty-Five: Love? No.
Chapter Thirty-Six: Gasoline
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Letter 1
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Mayday!
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Not Now
Chapter Forty: Don't Twist My Words
Chapter Forty-One: You and Me
Chapter Forty-Two: One Track Mind
Chapter Forty-Three: Don't Make Me
Chapter Forty-Four: Ideally
Chapter Forty-Five: Sing Me To Sleep
Chapter Forty-Six: Antidepressant
Chapter Forty-Seven: Recording
Chapter Forty-Eight: Line Light
Chapter Forty-Nine: Super Bowl
Chapter Fifty: Bite me
Chapter Fifty-One: Hometown
Chapter Fifty-Two: Help
Chapter Fifty-Three: Open
Chapter Fifty-Four: Doors
Chapter Fifty-Five: For Me
Chapter Fifty-Six: Weights
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Off
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Drunk Me Loves Sober You
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Family
Chapter Sixty: Read it
Chapter Sixty-One: Bitter
Chapter Sixty-Two: House Warming
Chapter Sixty-Three: Photographs
Chapter Sixty-Four: Sometime Soon
Sixty-Five: Dinner
Chapter Sixty-Six: Drink Anyone?
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Restrain Me
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Cold
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Match
Chapter Seventy: I Have A Secret
Chapter Seventy-One: Birthday

Chapter Seventeen: Only to me

10 3 10
By JacobAlexannderConne

"Hey, Alex have you seen Logan?" Rian asked his slightly drunk bandmate.

"Right before midnight. Why?" Alex looked at him a little confused.

"Okay, well I told her I'd take her back to the hotel after the whole midnight kiss stuff. I can't find her though. Brendon has been calling her and nothing," Rian said a little out of breath to his bandmate.

"Have you checked outside she was staring out at the sky earlier," Alex made the suggestion as Rian nodded.

"Yeah, Zack and Ryleigh are looking for her together. Ryleigh said knowing Logan she went somewhere and her phone died," Rian finally pulled a chair out and sat with Lisa and Alex.

"She'll turn up for bus call you know that. She is never late," Alex said and took another sip of his beer.

"It is also Logan we are talking about," Lisa pointed out and looked at both of them.

"Remember the first time you heard anything about her she was running away often to escape something. She still runs but she comes back. She probably just needed some air or something?" Lisa pointed out and suggested.

Rian's girlfriend came over to him wrapping an arm around his shoulder and rubbed his chest. No matter how much Rian wanted to, tonight would not be the night and even he knew that. Alex and Lisa were holding hands a simple gesture they both seemed to like and respect. Alex looked around the room as Brendon came over practically dragging Sarah with him. Brendon who had been drinking heavily was now almost completely sober. Jack was still bouncing around too drunk to function at this point anymore. Zack Merrick and Ryleigh had not returned yet and were outside looking for the short redhead girl.

"Does anyone have any ideas where she is? When was the last time anyone saw her?" Brendon asked and Alex suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"I saw her a minute before midnight," Alex spoke and suddenly began to really feel guilty.

"Where was she?"

"She was by the window, just standing there watching the confetti and stars. She told me she was going to go to the bathroom and talk to Beckett about being her midnight kiss." Alex recalled the conversation the pair had right before midnight.

"Yeah, we were talking to her and just letting her know how proud we were of her. She had really broken out of bad habits and it seemed like everything was finally settled down," Lisa spoke up and gave Alex's hand a light squeeze which he squeezed back.

"We didn't find her. None of the venue staff saw her leave," Zack Merrick said rushing in toward the group at the table.

"I know Logan and she wouldn't just run away. Yeah she has before but like something has to happen she just doesn't up and disappear. I have known her-"

"You knew her as a child and then again you missed out on important moments," Zack Hall said and looked at Ryleigh.

"At least I don't tell her she is a burden." Ryleigh murmured.

"Wait if she talked to Beckett maybe he has an idea of where she is!" The epiphany came to Rian.

Brendon quickly pulled out his phone and rang the familiar voice. Brendon began to pace back and forth on the dance floor that was beginning to clear out. Everyone was watching Brendon carefully. Sarah didn't know how to feel honestly when people asked her. Logan had always seemed distant to her. Even during therapy, they had as a family Logan never opened up about wanting a mother figure. Sarah felt this pain of being unwanted but knew she wasn't unwanted. Logan was just a tough cookie to crack at times. There were moments, though Logan would never admit it, that she needed Sarah. She needed her sometimes more than she needed Brendon, Alex, Rian, and even Ryleigh.

"Hello," Beckett answered his phone and placed Kolbi in her bed.

"Hey, Um when did you last speak to Logan?" Brendon asked and Beckett thought for a moment.

"Maybe like an hour or two ago. She said she'd call me back for midnight here because of the time difference. Why? Did something happen?" Beckett began to panic a little not always knowing what to expect from his girlfriend.

Don't get anyone wrong. Beckett sang to Logan on the sleepless nights and held her so close to his chest sometimes he felt his own oxygen fleeing his body. Beckett had never been more in love with someone in his whole 21 years. Well other than Kolbi but that was a different love. He loved Kolbi in a parental way where he loved Logan in a romantic way. Beckett had been talking to Lisa and Alex about marriage. Alex suggested they take it slow and wait until after college is over and once things sort of calm down. If that were ever to happen. Jack, Rian, Zack, and even Brendon thought it would be a good idea if they eventually wanted to get married. Brendon never imagined himself walking his daughter down the aisle. Hell, he never saw himself having kids so when Beckett nervously asked Brendon didn't know how to respond.

"She didn't mention coming to you or anything?" Brendon said nervously and began to feel the alcohol start to upset his stomach.

"No, she said we would kiss when she got back. She could be coming this way though. They just removed her off the waitlist. I know she was planning on telling everyone as soon as she could get a ticket. She just wanted to come to explore the college before making her final decision we talked about it for a while," Beckett spoke into the phone softly.

"What do you mean? She never told me..." Brendon went silent as Beckett spoke to him.

"Look just track her phone. She is probably still in the building or something. Logan seemed so happy and full of life when we talked earlier. She is probably in the bathroom still or something. I know she had a panic attack a few days ago and didn't want to talk about it with anyone. She also hasn't been taking her medicine." Beckett had to let his girlfriends secret out, he couldn't keep holding them.

"Thanks, man," Brendon said as the Jack had now sobered up a little bit at the fact Logan was missing.

"So?" The table said and Brendon shook his head 'no'

"They talked at midnight here and kissed cameras or screens or something. They promised to be each other first kiss when we got back. Did you know she got off the waitlist?" Brendon said and began to rub his hands together.

Alex, Rian, Dan, and Ryleigh became noticeable pale. Brendon and everyone else took that as a yes. Alex spoke first about how she said she wasn't going to go no matter what. Rian added that now thinking back on it, her behavior was a bit odd because she was being very loving. Logan was anything but loving. She didn't say the word love almost ever she used it in an objective way, she loved performing. She almost never but on rare occasions told people she loved them. It was something she never believed in. Everyone was thinking of how her behavior was. The bouncers had called the cops for the group and what was supposed to be a night of celebration was now turning into their worst nightmares

Ryleigh didn't sleep all night. She kept having nightmares that Logan was dead and kept telling her where her body was. Ryleigh at one point woke up screaming so loud Lisa and Alex rushed in. Zack Merrick comforted his girlfriend and even sang to her. Nothing was working though. The band called Josh who flew out and sat with his sister now watching her sleep. Ryleigh began to twitch as it was now the 3rd day of Logan being gone.

The bands had canceled all the shows until they found Logan dead or alive. Tour was just put on a halt. Everyone had posted about it. They also defended Logan and didn't tolerate the hate she was receiving, or the hate Brendon and Sarah were receiving.

It wasn't until a very cold morning on Jan. 7 Brendon got a call. The call no parent wanted to hear. They had found a body in a small shallow grave and most of the objects were disposed of. They had sent off for DNA but would need something of Logan's to try and match it too. It wasn't until a few days later they got a call back saying the DNA was not a match. They wanted to know where the hell she had gone.

By January 14, the police had told Brendon and Sarah the likelihood of finding Logan alive was slim to none. This destroyed both the parents. It destroyed everyone around them too. Brendon hardly slept anymore and just wanted Logan back. He hated the not knowing he wanted answers he didn't care if that meant she was alive or dead he just wanted his daughter back.

On Jan. 29th though there was another body found. Brendon was notified it was that of a girl there weren't many details because her body was so badly injured but the girl was alive. She appeared to have red hair but with how bad the condition the body was in they weren't sure. The told Brendon they would notify if it was Logan. Brendon never expected a call back so soon. The call was to inform him of words he didn't expect to hear. Everyone had told him to give up hope. He had talked to parents of other missing kids some who turned up dead, some who were never found. They all told him the same thing at some point you accept their fate and just remember them and remember the love you had for them and vice versa. Brendon would not settle for that though.

"Mr. Urie, I regret to inform you that the body of the girl we have rescued is, in fact, your daughter." The voice on the other line said and all the air left his lungs.

Brendon let the tears fall down his face and shook Sarah's body awake. He began stumbling around the hotel suite to put on jeans and a random t-shirt. He didn't care how he looked he just wanted to be the first person Logan saw. Sarah looked at Brendon who danced around the room trying to get his jeans on. Brendon pounded on the walls on either side of him causing the other musicals to wake up. All Time Low for money reasons had all moved into a suite and just had cots brought in. Josh had flown back out to Ohio to be with family as much as he wanted to take Ryleigh she wouldn't leave. The other Musicians came in half asleep and not dressed.

"They found her body," Brendon said and everyone waited for the next words.

"She was disposed of in the harbor. Someone drove by and watched the person throw her in and they said its a miracle she even had a pulse but it was faint and fucking hell."

Brendon wouldn't ever get the full story though. No one would know the full story of what happened to Logan Blake. Final words would bespoke and feelings unknown to her would bespoke but nothing could be done to save her. This time she was there's to take.

There I laid in a harbor. The tumbledown was so bittersweet, like an old memory of you. My body would tell what you did to me even gone it held the keys to you. It held the keys to a heart of gold and one of glass. Like a bull, you ran in and stole them. Tying a anchor to my feet trying to weigh me down. I floated though to the surface like a bobber and nothing could be done once out so far in the harbor. You thought you got off scot-free. No blood on your hands right just a body left to dispose of to the water she went. Down the Harbor toward the sea. She watched the sky from six feet under the stars and knew Alex would appreciate the shooting stars she sent him in her absence.

Oh toward the sea she was drove. Only to be at a misfortune of living free. To live and to breathe is to be free as a bird. She could now sail the seas, swim the seas, view the stars, touch the clouds. She held the power to change lives and that she did until the very end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 11.8K 37
Book #1 in the Silence Series Elijah is no ordinary boy. In fact, he is as different from what a normal boy could possibly be. The golden rule in...
4.4K 172 29
After the split of Panic! At The Disco and the breakup of Brendon and Ryan, Brendon couldn't deal with the loneliness of being without Ryan at his si...
4.8K 130 3
Brendon Urie is not the school super star. He's the geeky kid with a bad haircut and terrible taste in conversation. When summer comes around, his mo...
3.5K 166 40
****THIS BOOK IS AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE/WHAT IF STORY TO THE URIE'S DAUGHTER SERIES. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THE OTHER BOOKS TO READ THIS ONE!**** This...