Defined - Jacob Black {2}

Da TaliaMai

After the whirlwind that was the beginning of their romance and the threats they faced against their relation... Altro

Chapter 1: Clouded Happiness
Chapter 2: Stalled
Chapter 3: Enough
Chapter 4: Celebrations
Chapter 5: The Boyfriend
Chapter 6: Surprise
Chapter 7: Let's Get Drunk!
Chapter 8: Bruises
Chapter 9: Desert Antics
Chapter 10: The Last Night
Chapter 12: Introducing Mr & Mrs Black
Chapter 13: Honeymoon Highs
Chapter 14: Savannah Sunrise
Chapter 15: Temptation
Chapter 16: Turmoil
Chapter 17: Mnemba Island
Chapter 18: Caught Red-Handed
Chapter 19: Unexpecting The Unexpected
Chapter 20: Heaven Sent
Chapter 21: Deja Vu
Chapter 22: The Banana
Chapter 23: Spanner In The Works - Part 1

Chapter 11: 25th June 2011

753 29 17
Da TaliaMai

Deep breaths. That's what I had to keep telling myself. Take some deep breaths and you'll be fine.

The day was finally here. After so many years of longing for this day, I was finally getting my dream wedding with my dream man. I had been fussed and doted on, received non-stop pampering from Alice as promised, and spent hours talking with my girls about my dress, the flowers and the guests. Not to mention the secrets that Alice was keeping from me concerning what had been done to the backyard for the ceremony and reception, and where she was sending us on our honeymoon.

There were so many emotions pulsing through my brain that I didn't know what to feel. I was happy, excited, nervous and scared. Though, that was normal, right? How else was a bride meant to exactly feel on her wedding day? My main fear was messing up the my vows during the rite of seven steps. I had been practicing for weeks... hopefully seeing Jake up there with me would help calm my nerves.

All that was left for me to do, to finish getting ready, was put on my dress, veil and shoes. I was currently walking around in my bridal underwear, covered up with a white, silk robe that came to about mid thigh and really soft white, fluffy slippers. My hair had been twisted and plaited into a stylish messy bun with wisps of hair framing my face, I think I had inhaled so much hairspray it was stuck to the inside of my lungs. Alice and Rosalie had done my makeup full glam, but in neutral colours that complemented my skin tone and the blue of my eyes. If I was able to display my real eyes today, I was sure the shimmer of my eye shadow would've matched with the gold perfectly.

The ceremony was due to start in an hour. I could hear the guests gathered downstairs in the house and those who could go outside in the light were in the yard. Scents of wolves, humans and vampires were floating up the stairs, I recognised the scents of our old friends who came to witness for us against the Volturi. They must've traveled here in the night to avoid the sun. I could hear their thoughts, mostly complaining about the wolf stench or the irritation of the different colour contacts they had to wear. We couldn't have any red eyes showing so Alice had stocked all the bathrooms with different colour contacts.

I smiled at hearing their voices again. The last time we had seen them was for Renesmee's fourth birthday party, the majority of them we only saw once a year but those that lived closer, like the Denalis, we saw every few months or so.

I thought about Jake getting ready with his groomsmen and family. I could picture him laughing, messing around as per usual. My mind then drifted off to how he was coping. I knew that he, the packs and the Cullen boys went out to complete their rematch early this morning. It was in fact Jake and his packs' howls that woke me, they were miles out but from their unison of howls I could only guess that the Black Pack had won. Maybe they let him win because of what day it was? I'm sure I would find out later on.

Either way, I could have easily located his thoughts to find out how he was and what he was doing, but I felt like that was wrong. Especially today. I knew we weren't really meant to see each other, and I guessed me looking into his mind was cheating.

And then I heard him, his joyous laughter filtering through my window from the yard. To hell with what I just said, he just didn't have to see me. I knew just being able to look at him would soothe me. I missed him terribly, I had struggled to fall asleep without him last night from fear that the recurring nightmare would return. It didn't, but I think that was because I had all my girls with me.

I snuck over to the window, seeing as the only person that would've stopped me had left the room to go bark orders downstairs. The rest of the girls were touching up their make up and getting dressed. I found him quickly, surrounded by his groomsmen and the rest of the packs. My heart swelled as I looked at his beautiful, handsome face. He had shaved and my stomach tightened at the sight of his angular jaw line and his gorgeous smile. His suit looked perfect on him and just seeing him took the nerves away.

He had his hands shoved in to his trouser pockets, seeming cool and collected though from the way he teetered back and forth on his feet, there was a small element of his own nerves kicking in. He was talking to Jesse, the both of them were looking to the huge tents and marquees Alice had acquired for the ceremony and reception.

They were just as clueless as I was, there was huge billowing, white sheets covering the roof of the two marquees and from what Jake and Jesse were discussing the sides were covered too so that no one could see in. Every now and then though, a sheet would shift and I would catch a glimpse of white flowered garlands with smaller orange and teal flowers strung across the canopies or the aisle, also covered in white flower petals.

I took one more look at Jake before turning to look at the doorway of my room just as Alice burst in. "Right, remain calm. Your mother and Scott have just pulled up." She stated, her eyes searching my face for any hint of rage. "They want to come up here first to see you. Do not lose your shit." She pointed at me in warning. "At least wait till after the ceremony."

Jake's POV

"Have you looked in there yet?" Jesse asked me, leaning a little closer to the marquee to try and peak in. Straight from the back porch steps was a smaller marquee, about average corridor size which attached to the much larger tent Jesse and I were staring at, that one then proceeded to attach to an even bigger marquee that took up most of the land that stretched from the house towards the tree line. Alice had thought of everything to ensure the sunlight wouldn't touch our vampire guests.

"Not allowed to, man. It's a surprise." I said without looking at him, my eyes were trained on one of Aria's bedroom windows. I could have sworn the curtain had moved.

"Wonder if Alice can plan weddings on a smaller scale?" His words snapped me out of my staring and I looked at him with wide eyes. He laughed at my expression. "Nice to know you have confidence in me."

"No, it's not that." I laughed, finally taking my hands out of my pockets to slap him on the back. "I'm happy for you! I just didn't realise that you guys were there yet." I admitted, slightly awkwardly. I hadn't been paying much attention to anything other than Aria recently.

"Well last night, seeing you guys and all. It made me think about it, I haven't got a ring or anything yet but I want to propose." He explained with the cheesiest grin I think I had ever seen on his face.

"Well, congratulations anyway." I cheered, patting his shoulder.

"Don't worry I'm not stealing your thunder, but thanks." He grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"Like I would think that anyway."

"Come on, shut up now Ateara. We let you guys win." Paul grumbled as he exited the house, my little niece in his arms dressed in her flower girl dress. She was looking around excitedly, her big brown eyes taking everything in.

Quil followed along behind Paul, scowling as usual after someone had backhanded his own comment. "Liar." He snapped as the rest of the packs filed out of the house and into the yard. The imprints remained inside with the children and other guests that had already arrived, most of them were inside fussing over Aria. God, I couldn't wait to see her.

"Why would I lie?" Paul complained, looking just about ready to tackle Quil to the ground.

"Because you're a sore loser." Quil pointed out which was actually very true.

"Guys, come on. Enough of this now its my wedding day." I teased and then the boisterous cheers began as we all bundled into a giant group hug— Paul of course being careful of Aubrey.

I was excited, more excited than nervous. I couldn't wait to make Aria officially mine. She'll be my wife; Mrs. Black. I couldn't put into words how much I was ready for this, I just wanted to give her all of me, start a fresh in a life together that would last for all eternity. We were one of the lucky ones.

"How do you feel Jake?" Sam asked, being one of the few to be married. He was a mess on his wedding day, I remember it so well. It was quite amusing to see Sam who was always so calm and easy going a crumbling, nervous wreck.

"I just can't wait to marry her." The words came out in a blissful sigh as I imagined her walking towards me in a gorgeous white dress... damn I just knew I was gonna cry.

"Barf!" Jesse teased as he shoved me in the shoulder, making me a stumble back slightly. The guys laughed at me but I was too happy to care.

"Hey, hey, hey! Watch the suit." I smirked as I brushed off imaginary dust and fixed my collar and tie.

"You guys better not start any trouble, otherwise Alice will have your heads mounted on spikes!" Scarlett's voice called from the porch and we all turned to look at her staring at us with a disapproving expression.

Beside me Jesse froze, no doubt in awe of how pretty his imprint looked. I actually heard him gulp. She was dressed in her teal bridesmaid dress, the breeze making the chiffon move lightly in the wind. I elbowed Jesse in his side, trying to bring him back to the land of the living.

"Scar, you look beautiful." He admired as she walked towards us, a bashful smile on her face.

"Barf!" I jeered, earning snickers from the guys.

Jesse ignored me.

"Thanks, not so bad yourself." She complimented him back as she walked into his arms and pecked him on the lips. "You all look good to be honest. You clean up well."

"How is she?" I couldn't help myself, I just need a little bit of intel as to what was going on up there.

Scarlett smirked before a wide smile broke over her face. "She's nervous, she's pacing around upstairs in her slippers. She looks so beautiful though." She sighed happily as she eyed the window I was staring up at earlier. Maybe Ari was looking at me? "Anyway, you need to come upstairs." She said turning back to Jesse.

"What? Why?" He asked, his face scrunching in confusion.

"Your mother and Scott are here, headed straight upstairs according to Alice. It'll help calm her if you were there seeing as Jake can't go." She explained and I stiffened as my hands balled in to fists. I didn't want that creep anywhere near her, last time that happened he tried to put his hands all over her... and then there's whatever he does to Lily on top of that. I really didn't want him here.

Jesse's face fell as straightened his shoulders. "Great. I'll be back in a minute boys." He grumbled before taking Scarlett's hand to lead them back towards the house.

"Can't believe the nerve of that fucking guy. Strolling in here like he owns the fucking place. Do you remember when he first came here? How rude he was?" Embry spat, glaring towards the house. "I wouldn't even care if one of those red eyes sank their teeth in him tonight."

"Tell me about it." I growled as I heard his voice travel down through the window of Aria's bedroom. The fact he was even in there made me sick.

Aria's POV

I felt sick.

My mom stepped through the doorway, her hands flying up to cover her mouth as tears brimmed her eyes. I tried my best to smile at her fussing, but then he stepped through the door, his piercing green eyes already raking over my body and I suddenly felt very uncomfortable standing there in my short robe.

"Sweetheart, you look beautiful!" She beamed proudly at me, striding towards me to pull me into her arms. I quickly scanned my eyes over her arms, legs, neck and face before she got to me, checking for any signs of bruises either fading or covered by make up. Thankfully, she seemed fine.

"Thanks, Mom." I smiled as she stepped back to hold my face delicately in her hands. I side glanced to Scott who was watching Alice do the finishing touches to the girls' makeup with Rose. I gritted my teeth as I tried my best to block out his sexual thoughts concerning my bridesmaids, again, what did my mother see in this man?

"Not long now honey, are you nervous? Alice everyone looks amazing!" Mom was looking around excitedly at everything, it seemed like just for the moment she forgot everyone was here.

"A little, I just want to see him." I said honestly as Scott began conversing with Rachel and Renesmee. I noticed that Rachel stood slightly in front of Ness, blocking Scott from her.

"Thank you, Lily." Alice said without looking up from applying Tori's lip gloss. "Right, you can say hello to your mom now." She said as she stepped back to let Tori stand.

"Thanks." She grinned as Tori hopped to her feet and over to us to hug our mom. "Hey, Mom."

"Aria, don't you look stunning." Scott mused as he strode across the room. I wanted him out of my bedroom as quickly as possible.

I felt his eyes rake over me, lingering on parts that he definitely shouldn't be looking at. I folded my arms across my chest to try and cover myself a little more.

"Thank you, Scott." I said through gritted teeth.

He leaned forward and pressed his wet lips to my cheek, one of his hands placed itself on my hip. Both his lips and his hands lingered for too long, he even sniffed the air before I hastily stepped back. Mom was watching and it took everything in me not to grimace and cringe away... and to not grab him by his throat and throw him through my bedroom wall.

"Mom." I sighed with relief as they turned to look at Jesse who practically filled the whole space of the doorway.

"Hey, sweetie." Mom beamed at him, her mind still showing the shock of the size of him, comparing the man he is now to what he was like as a child.

"Ah, the big man is here." Scott joked, moving across the room to shake Jesse's hand.

Jesse's jaw was clenched, his body rigid as he glared down at Scott. Scarlett was just about visible behind Jesse, but she had her hand on his back in an effort to help keep him calm. "Scott." Jesse nodded at him curtly, reluctantly accepting one of the hands that had inflicted pain on our mother. Jesse squeezed it a little too hard to get his distaste of the man across.

"Still got that firm handshake I see." Scott pointed out, his green eyes narrowing slightly.

"Its not something you tend to lose." Jesse said gruffly before pushing past him to talk to our mother.

The atmosphere dropped to an all time low then, awkwardness settled and Mom didn't really know what to do. Hoping that Alice would see, I decided I was going to ask her to distract Scott and take him downstairs so we could speak with our mother without him listening in. Seconds later Alice froze, watching me ask her what I decided and before the words left my mouth she spoke up. "Scott, why don't I introduce you to some of the guests downstairs?" She asked sweetly, putting on her best smile.

Scott's eyes all but lit up as he offered her his arm so they could walk downstairs together. She winked at me as she walked past and closed the door behind her as she began chatting away to him.

"Jesse, you must watch that temper of yours. That wasn't very nice." Mom said in a hushed tone, hoping the other girls wouldn't hear.

Jesse ignored her and asked the question we had been waiting to ask her until we were all together. "Are you okay, Mom? With him I mean. I get an off feeling, we all kind of do." He tried to ask her as nicely as possible, it was so delicate we didn't know how to handle it.

Mom blinked at him, her mouth gaped open as she tried to think of something to say. There was a flicker of his face screaming at her and then she straightened her back and focused solely on us. "Why wouldn't I be okay?" She asked defensively, placing her hands on her hips as she frowned. "He's just a confident man. Maybe he wouldn't seem like such a stranger if you actually got to know him. You know what, I'm not doing this right now." She threw her hands out in protest. "Today is a happy day, we will not discuss this any further."

Her outburst just made me feel worse. Did his control over her run that deep? Something was definitely wrong in their relationship. I was so sure he hurt her, maybe she just blocked it from her memory, if she never thought about it, how could I see it?

My bedroom door then opened and in strode my dad, wearing the same suit as the groomsmen and he had smartly tied his hair up into a ponytail, and Alice. He looked at me with a faint and distant sadness. His little girl had grown up. "It's almost time, better get that dress on Ari."

I took in a deep shaky breath and looked at my family. Tori took my hand and held it tightly. "You're going to be fine."

"I'll see you downstairs." Jesse smiled warmly at me and leaned forward to kiss me on the forehead.

Jesse and my dad then left the room, leaving for my bridesmaids to help and watch me put my dress on. Alice had stored it in the en suite after giving it a last minute steam last night to ensure there were no wrinkles in sight. As Alice carried my dress into the room my heart skipped a beat and the nerves kicked in again.

I removed my slippers and robe, feeling slightly awkward at my mother seeing me in the white lingerie, and stepped into the dress. Bella and Alice lifted the dress up my body so I could slide my arms into the straps and then they got to work on the many, many satin buttons than ran from the middle of my back to the top of my butt. Mom was already weeping in the corner of the room at the sight of me.

"Wow, Ari, you look so pretty." Nessie admired, her eyes big and wide as she looked at me.

"Thank you, sweetie." I winked at her and smiled cheerfully.

"Right," Bella began, coming around to face me after she finished the buttons. Rose had done Bella's hair in big billowing waves and pinned it so it was swept over one shoulder and would stay there, she looked beautiful, though she still had her aversion to dresses and heels. "You have your something new; the wedding vase, and your something old; the rite of seven steps. Edward and I wanted to give you something blue and something borrowed." She turned and rummaged around in her bag and then pulled out a navy, medium sized velvet box. With a soft click it opened, revealing the diamond and sapphire encrusted hair comb Uncle Charlie and Aunt Renee had given her on her wedding day.

"Oh, Bells, really?" I tried to hold it together, blinking multiple times to stop tears pooling in my eyes.

"Of course, you're like a sister to me. I want you to wear it." She grinned at me happily as Nessie peered over Bella's arm to look at the comb that would one day be hers.

"Rose, could you?" I asked as I lifted the comb from its case and handed it to her. I held still as she slotted the comb into my hair and then let her pin my veil into place.

"Are you ready to see yourself?" Alice asked, practically jumping up and down on the spot.

I nodded enthusiastically. "I am." Quickly Alice helped me into my heels and then led me over to my floor length mirror.

I gulped as I stared wide eyed at myself. I looked beautiful, the girls had done such an amazing job. There wasn't a hair out of place, no inch of my skin that didn't look immaculate. It was so cliche but I felt like a princess.

"Ari, you look so beautiful." My mom whimpered as she took my hands into her own.

"Thanks, Mom." I grinned at her. "I feel it."

Jake's POV

Alice had given us the okay to head inside the ceremony marquee and the only way in was through the corridor marquee that was attached to the back porch. It was just a shame she had come to tell us that with the scumbag attached to her arm. A brief shadow of cloud cover gave her the opportunity to come outside and tell us herself but she mischievously left him outside with us as she had to return back up the stairs for Aria.

Cockily he walked over to us, I had to give him points for that. Not many men would walk over to a group of fifteen guys that were as big us as with that much confidence. "Alright boys?" He greeted though he was met with mostly silence.

"Scott." I nodded my head courteously at him.

"I don't blame you for wanting to marry that one." He said with a smirk, jabbing his thumb back over his shoulder towards the house. "She's got a nice body."

Blinding rage. My hands began to quiver as I clenched my jaw in an effort to contain myself. "Excuse me?" I seethed.

"I mean she's only in a short, silk robe but I can imagine what's under there." He said it like it was nothing, like he wasn't talking about his girlfriend's daughter, like he wasn't talking to that girl's soon-to-be husband.

I started forward, ready to throw him to the ground and beat him to a pulp but Sam's steady hand caught my shoulder and held me in place. "Not here Jacob, not now." He said sternly, warning me with his eyes. I shook myself out of his hold and straightened myself out, taking deep breaths to calm myself.

"You best apologise." Embry snarled, moving to stand beside me, his expression just as fierce as mine.

Scott laughed. "Fuck me, you boys are wound tight aren't you. It's just a little banter." He shrugged before turning on his heel to head back towards the house.

"I'm going to kill him." I growled, feeling myself begin to shake again.

"Remember the rule Jake, after the ceremony. You'll be getting married soon, just try to think about that." Paul encouraged, though I could tell he wanted this guy out too.

"Okay." I breathed in deeply. "Let's head inside."

A number of our guests were already entering the marquee to take their seats, chatting animatedly among themselves. Scott had disappeared thankfully and to be honest I didn't care where he went as long as it wasn't back upstairs. The first smaller marquee was lightly decorated with huge bouquets of white, orange and teal flowers running along either side of the tent walls and the floor was covered in white rose petals which I assumed made part of the aisle.

The corridor then opened out into the second largest marquee, the rose petal path did become the aisle led all the way down to the altar which was set up two steps higher than the floor, which an arch covered in the same three colours and lots of greenery and vines. The small white marble fire pit that would be part of our rite of seven steps was set back a little way from the altar towards the back of the marquee's white sheet wall.

Around the room and between the chairs and the aisle, stood white lanterns that were waiting to be lit, with the same vines curling up around the stands. The chairs our guests would be sitting on had white chiffon material tied around the back for extra decoration. The ceiling had garlands strung from wall to wall, entwined with twinkling lights to brighten up the room.

"Someone definitely thought this through." A voice appeared beside me, their thick accent letting me know immediately who it was.

"I bet you can guess who." I said as I turned to look down at one of the vampires who had become a great friend. "Benjamin its good to see you." I smiled at him as I offered my hand for him to shake.

"Its good to see you to, my friend." He accepted my hand and grinned. "Congratulations."

"Thank you, I have to say its weird seeing you with normal eyes." I pointed out and he rolled his muddy brown eyes, I guess that was the colour he had when he was human.

"It is quite a pain, but only a small sacrifice." He shrugged, his head then turned and I followed his line of vision to see Tia and the Denali Coven entering the tent.

"Who would've thought we'd be attending the wedding of a werewolf and a vampire-wolf hybrid. It seems silly really, like a figment of someone's imagination." Tanya began before pulling me into a hug.

I laughed at her words. "Thank you for coming."

"We wouldn't miss it for the world." Carmen cooed as she wrapped an arm around Eleazar's waist.

"Ari will be so happy to see you all." I grinned, happy to see to some familiar faces to distract me from the dickhead that had put a damper on things.

"I hope so, there's not as many humans here as I was expecting." Kate mused, her gold eyes darting around slightly inhumanly.

"Well most of our friends are part of the packs, the only humans would be their families. Aria didn't keep in touch with her school friends." I explained as I watched my pack mates that weren't groomsmen and their families take seats on either sides of the aisle, those that were groomsmen would take up the front row on the side my family were meant to sit, their own families would be scattered between the sides as well, likewise with our vampire companions.

Suddenly there was a whooshing noise and the sheets that covered the walls of the marquee dropped to the floor, letting the brilliant sunlight cast light into the room. The group froze and I automatically searched round for Aria and Bella's mother's expecting their gasps or screams but then I realised there was no sparkle. No rebounding light coming from the vampires' skin.

"What the..." I stammered dumbfoundly as the group before me looked just as confused.

"Surprise." Alice cheered as she appeared at the entrance of the marquee. "The windows are tempered glass, no UV rays can penetrate. No rays, no sparkle." She had a smug grin on her face, winked at us and then retreated back towards the back porch.

"Wow. She really thinks of everything." I said, still in shock.

"She really does." Benjamin complimented, looking around in wonder.

Aria's POV

My heart was beating so wildly I was sure that even those seated and waiting for me in the marquee could hear it, even over the classical music that was playing. I was standing in the kitchen, after having a lot of help to get me down the stairs without tripping over my dress. My dad, the groomsmen and my bridesmaids were the only people with me, my mother had left to find Scott so they could take their seats.

"Woah, Ari you look amazing." Jesse said emotionally as I walked through the doorway.

"Like a real princess." Alice chimed in, holding her hands in front of her mouth looking like she could cry.

"I was trying to think of a dig that I could make at you, but I can't." Emmett complained and I rolled my eyes at him. "You look beautiful A."

"Thank you, guys, really." I beamed at them, my family and friends, I was so grateful that they were all here with me and that this day had finally come.

"Right, it's time." Alice said in a sing-song voice as she danced over to the table where are bouquets were stored in chilled boxes. She took mine out of the significantly larger box and handed it to me, the girls followed suit as they retrieved their own. "Does everyone remember what they have to do?" She asked and received a chorus of yeses. "Then let's go."

I sucked in a shaky breath as I tightly held onto the stems of my bouquet. We filed out onto the porch, Tori and Rose were making sure my dress was positioned right so that there were no creases. I was so close to Jake now, that well known tingling of my skin let me know he was just out of reach. I couldn't wait to see him, touch him, marry him. It was finally happening.

"Right Nessie, you're up." Bella kissed her daughter's head before Paul handed Aubrey over to her. There was no worry about Ness carrying her because of her vampire grace and sure footing. She'd have one hand on Aubrey and the other holding her bouquet that was slightly smaller than the other bridesmaids'.

Carefully Nessie descended down the steps into the small marquee passageway, the white of the inside splashed with the colour of the flowers.

"You know what to do." Alice whispered as she linked arms with Jasper. "Good luck."

Rachel and Paul disappeared into the corridor, then Alice and Jasper, Rose and Emmett, Bella and Edward, Scarlett and Jesse and then finally Tori and Embry, our maid of honor and best man, leaving my dad and I standing alone.

"I'm so, so proud of you." He said quietly too me as we linked arms. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Dad." He leaned down and pressed his lips to my forehead.

Together we began the walk down the stairs and into the corridor, concentrating on my footing and where I was going. My dad squeezed my arm against him reassuringly as we stepped into the entryway of the ceremony marquee, and the sight of it honestly took my breath away. It was so beautiful with the flowers and the candles, even the special windows. She literally thought of everything.

Everyone was standing and watching, tears and happy faces from all our guests was enough to bring tears to my own. Finally I looked forward, taking in the arch and the twinkling lights until my eyes settled on Carlisle standing front and center as the officiant and then just to his right stood the love of my life.

It was like I forgot how to breathe as I took him in, how handsome he was, how happy he looked to see me. I just wanted to let go of my dad and run to him, wrap myself up in him and stay there forever. The sparkle in his eyes told me he was tearing up himself and my smile widened knowing he was feeling exactly the same as me.

In front of me, Tori and Embry parted ways and then there was nothing in the space between Jake and I, the space closing with every step I took. It felt like my body was vibrating with the need to touch him, it took everything in me to not reach out for him.

My dad and I stopped at the base of the altar, he turned to me, placed a sweet kiss on both my cheeks and then let me go with joy and love in his eyes. Tori then stepped forward and took the bouquet from my hands, letting me ascend the steps to Jake, his hands already open and waiting to take mine.

"Hey." He whispered to me as my heart swelled with happiness and relief. My nerves were gone and all I could feel was excitement.

"Hey." I whispered back. He squeezed my hands before lifting them to his lips to press lovingly kisses against my knuckles. "You look stunning." His eyes held so much love and adoration that I thought I might swoon. I could only hope that he could see I loved him just as much if not more.

"Welcome family and friends." Carlisle began in a soft voice as everyone took their seats again. "We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Aria and Jacob. This is not the beginning of a new relationship but an acknowledgement of the next chapter in their lives together."

Jake and I grinned at each other like we were teenagers in love again.

"Aria and Jacob have known each other their whole lives, and we now bear witness to what their childhood friendship has blossomed in to. Today, they will affirm their bond formally and publicly. However, this affirmation means more because it is shared with their closely chosen friends and loving family.

"Aria and Jacob will mark their transition as a couple not only by celebrating the love between themselves, but by also celebrating the love between all of us—including the love of their parents, siblings, extended family, and best friends. Without that love, today would be far less joyous."

I just couldn't keep my eyes off of him. Was I crazy or was this normal for couples that we getting married? I wanted to hold him, press my body against his, get rid of this space between us.

"Aria and Jacob... today you not only marry the right person, you also commit to being the right partner, the one with whom the other can stand and face the world. It's nearly time to seal this moment with questions that will lead us into the next chapter, but first the couple have chosen to keep with a tradition that goes back generations within their families: The Rite of Seven Steps."

This was the moment I had been fearing and couldn't dare to mess up. I tore my eyes away from Jake to watch as Carlisle set fire to the marble and stone fire pit that was positioned further back into the altar. The flames ignited and licked at the air as I felt the heat on my skin.

"Aria, Jacob, could you please take your place in front of the fire and could their immediate family join us by the altar?" Carlisle asked, gesturing for our families to join us as Jake and I stepped around him to then stand on either side of the fire.

My mother and father, Jesse, Scarlett, Tori, Embry, Billy, Rachel, Paul and Aubrey came to stand around the base of the altar's steps, they all joined hands and then waited for Carlisle to continue. I closed my eyes and took a calming breath. I could do this.

"The fire is a symbolic gesture of light and warmth. The couple will walk clockwise together around the fire reciting their vows to one another. Jacob, could you please begin."

Jacob moved closer, taking a single step forward. "My love, our love has become firm by your walking with me. Together we will share the responsibilities of our home and family."

Here we go. I took my step forward so we were directly opposite each other again. "This is my commitment to you, my husband. Together we will share the responsibilities of our home and family."

As Jake took another step he looked at me deeply from across the flames. "My Aria, now you have walked with me the second step. I will love you, and you alone as my wife. I will fill your heart with strength and courage: this is my commitment and pledge to you."

I smiled at his words and then took my own step. "Jake, my love, at all times I shall fill your heart with courage and strength. In your happiness I shall rejoice."

We continued on, taking our steps around the fire, our eyes never leaving each others.

"Ari, now since you have walked three steps with me, our wealth and prosperity will grow. May God bless us."

"My husband, I love you with single-minded devotion as my husband. I will treat all other men as my brothers. My devotion to you is pure and you are my joy. This is my commitment and pledge to you."

"My wife, it is a great blessing that you have now walked four steps with me. You have brought favor and sacredness in my life."

"My love, in all acts of righteousness, in material prosperity, in every form of enjoyment, I promise you that I shall participate and I will always be with you."

"Blue, now you have walked five steps with me. I promise to love you for all eternity and even if that comes to end, I'll love you after that."

"My one and only, I will share both in your joys and sorrows. Your love will make me very happy."

"My love, by walking six steps with me, you have filled my heart with happiness. May I fill your heart with great joy and peace, time and time again."

"My husband, I love you. May I fill your heart with great joy and peace. I promise that I will always be with you."

"Aria Marie Hotah, as you have walked the seven steps with me, our love and friendship has become inseparable and firm. We have experienced spiritual union. Now you have become completely mine. I offer my total self to you. May our marriage last forever."

"Jacob Ephraim Black, whatever promises I gave you I have spoken them with a pure heart. Let everyone be witnesses to this fact. I shall never deceive you, nor will I let you down. I shall love you forever."

I had the cheesiest smile on my face as we finished our vows and Jake's smile was just as wide as mine. He reached for me across the fire and I took his hand as we stood in front of the fire together, facing each other and then we began the final promise in unison. "We have taken the Seven Steps. You have become mine forever. We have become partners. I have become yours. Hereafter, I cannot live without you. Do not live without me. Let us share the joys. We are word and meaning, united. You are thought and I am sound. May the night be honey-sweet for us; may the morning be honey-sweet for us; may the earth be honey-sweet for us and the heavens be honey-sweet for us. As the mountains are stable, as the whole universe is stable, so may our unions be permanently settled."

Jacob then placed one of his hands on my waist and a tingle shot up my spine as he led us back around Carlisle to stand before him, and as we moved so did our families as they returned to their seats. Could I just kiss him already?

"Congratulations, you have made your promises to one another. To all the family and friends here, it is your duty to help this couple on their journey and help them keep their promises to each other. Now for the declaration of intent." Carlisle then turned to me, his warm and familiar smile bright on his face. "Do you Aria take Jacob to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and bad times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

It was a silly question really, who in their right mind would say no to Jake. I poured all the love I could into the next two words. "I do." The smile that broke over Jake's face was breathtaking.

Carlisle winked at me before turning to Jake who still hadn't taken his eyes off of me. I felt the blush sweep over my cheeks. "Do you Jacob take Aria to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and bad times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto her for as long as you both shall live?"

He smirked at me, knowing what his stare was doing to me. "I do."

"Perfect." Carlisle approved before continuing. "Now for the wedding vase, water blessed by the tribe elders, carried in a vase that symbolises the love and bond between the couple."

He then turned and retrieved from a stand beside the altar the wedding vase that Billy had made for us. The vase was mostly white, the front painted with the Quileute shifter symbol in black to represent Jake and then rings of blue, gold and red around the base to represent me. Delicately Jake and I took the vase from him and held it between us. Silently I prayed we wouldn't spill a drop.

"In turn they will each drink and then they will drink together. If the couple can drink from the vase at the same time without spilling a drop they will be destined to live a long and happy life together." Carlisle explained again to our guests that weren't familiar with the tradition. "Aria if you please." Carlisle nodded at me.

Jake helped me lift the vase as I took a sip of the blessed water, as I lowered the vase Jake gave me a teasing smile. He followed suit as I lifted the vase with him and he took his own successful sip. Then together, very slowly in our movements, we tilted the vase so we could both drink from it. I felt the water touch my lips and I made sure I stayed very still until I felt Jake began to lower the vase away from his mouth.

"You didn't spill a single drop." Carlisle announced as Jake and I smiled at each other like love drunk idiots. "You will live a long and happy life together." I smirked subtly at Carlisle's emphasis on the word long. He then took the vase from us and placed it back on the stand. "And now for the rings, Embry, if you please."

Embry stood from his seat and ascended the altar, placing into my hand Jake's thick white gold wedding band, and handing Jake my slightly thinner, more delicate ring encrusted with small diamonds.

"A ring is an unbroken circle, with ends that have been joined together, and it represents your union. It is a symbol of infinity, and of your infinite love. When you look at these rings on your hands, be reminded of this moment, your commitment, and the love you now feel for each other." Carlisle said before turning to Jake. "Jacob, place the ring on Aria's finger and repeat after me." I gave Jake my left hand and he held it delicately in his warm one, my ring finger bare as I currently wore my engagement ring on my right hand. "Aria, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever."

Jake smiled sweetly at me. "Aria, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever." As he finished the words he slid the ring fully on to my finger and I admired it as it sparked in the light.

"And now, Aria...place the ring on Jacob's finger and repeat after me: Jacob, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever." Carlisle instructed as I took Jake's left hand in my own and placed the ring halfway down his finger.

"Jacob, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever." I promised, sliding the ring to the base of his finger, again admiring it against his skin.

The excitement began to bubble up inside me, I just wanted to jump up into his arms. My smile was so big my cheeks were beginning to hurt. Carlisle laughed at me lightly as Jake and I held hands.

"Aria and Jacob, before these witnesses, you have pledged to be joined in marriage. You have now sealed this pledge with your wedding rings." I was practically jumping up and down on the spot. "By the authority vested in me by the State of Washington, I now pronounce you married." My breath caught in my throat as I stared into Jake's deep brown eyes. "Jacob, You may kiss your bride!"

I leant up onto my tiptoes and practically threw myself at him. I held onto his arms as he cupped my cheeks, my lips puckering before he even got close enough. There was an eruption of cheers as our lips met, I felt like fireworks were going off inside me as Jake moved his hands from my face to my waist, spinning me to the side so I was bent over his arm, his lips still pressed to mine as we kissed. I sighed in content wrapping my arms around his neck as he brought me to stand back up straight. The applause was still going as we parted, Carlisle put his hands on both of our shoulders and said loudly; "I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Black!"

I had never been more happy than in this moment.

>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<

THEY'RE FINALLY MARRIED!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed the wedding but don't worry the reception is yet to come! I've also added some inspo for Aria's look below in case you were wondering

Did you guys like how it was set out with the back and forth between Jake and Ari's POVs? Is that something you'd like to see more of in future chapters or would you like to stick to mostly Ari?

Anyway, let me know what you thought, I love the feedback!

Until the next chapter,
Talia

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

72.7K 1.5K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...
153K 2.6K 23
All grown up, it's Renesmee's eighteenth birthday and Edward has asked Jacob to keep an eye on her as she goes out on her first date with her college...
573K 13.4K 31
𝑺𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 || ❝ She made Jacob feel something that he would think he would never feel again, and he realized that he is finally moving on from the...
271K 7.7K 29
"You can't disappear for two months and comeback to ruin everything" ° ° ° Bella is about to get married to Edward. Evie helped the Cullens with the...