Letters and Murmurs

By JacobAlexannderConne

What happens when you go from mute to a selective mute. Logan Blake Urie over the past year and a half has fo... More

Chapter One: New Starts to an Old Life
Chapter Two: Be Happy
Chapter Three: Mercy
Chapter Five: Maybe I'm Nothing
Chapter Six: I Mean It
Chapter Seven: Visit Me, But Not Now
Chapter Eight: Names to Wings
Chapter Nine: Dead
Chapter Ten: Previously
Chapter Eleven: Luckily or Not
Chapter Twelve: To the Sea
Chapter Thirteen: Oh, Calamity! Oh, Lucky me...
Chapter Fourteen: I am too
Chapter Fifteen: Early Christmas
Chapter Sixteen: The Party Scene
Chapter Seventeen: Only to me
Chapter Eighteen: Bones to Pick
Chapter Nineteen: Go Back Again
Chapter Twenty: Sirius, Goodbye
Chapter Twenty-One: Flowers Die Dude
Chapter Twenty- Two: More Than Friends
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dreams Only Last For a Night
Chapter Twenty- Four: Bloody Hands
Chapter Twenty-Five: Allowed
Chapter Twenty-Six: Can I?
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Free-ish
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Everything
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Feverish
Chapter Thirty: Ready to go
Chapter Thirty-One: Up, Up and Away
Chapter Thirty-Two: Woah there
Chapter Thirty-Three: Kolbi
Chapter Thirty-Four: Delirious
Chapter Thirty-Five: Love? No.
Chapter Thirty-Six: Gasoline
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Letter 1
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Mayday!
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Not Now
Chapter Forty: Don't Twist My Words
Chapter Forty-One: You and Me
Chapter Forty-Two: One Track Mind
Chapter Forty-Three: Don't Make Me
Chapter Forty-Four: Ideally
Chapter Forty-Five: Sing Me To Sleep
Chapter Forty-Six: Antidepressant
Chapter Forty-Seven: Recording
Chapter Forty-Eight: Line Light
Chapter Forty-Nine: Super Bowl
Chapter Fifty: Bite me
Chapter Fifty-One: Hometown
Chapter Fifty-Two: Help
Chapter Fifty-Three: Open
Chapter Fifty-Four: Doors
Chapter Fifty-Five: For Me
Chapter Fifty-Six: Weights
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Off
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Drunk Me Loves Sober You
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Family
Chapter Sixty: Read it
Chapter Sixty-One: Bitter
Chapter Sixty-Two: House Warming
Chapter Sixty-Three: Photographs
Chapter Sixty-Four: Sometime Soon
Sixty-Five: Dinner
Chapter Sixty-Six: Drink Anyone?
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Restrain Me
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Cold
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Match
Chapter Seventy: I Have A Secret
Chapter Seventy-One: Birthday

Chapter Four: No Means No

19 3 7
By JacobAlexannderConne

Mercy came sure enough to Alex yelling at Rian to knock it off. Rian gave him a sour look before heading into the dining room. Jordan, Josh, and Ty were already there. They must have arrived at the same time as Rian and Zack. Zack had gotten himself a nice tan that I was just noticing now. I looked around the room. I began to count chairs and noticed that there would not be enough chairs. I looked at dad nodding my head and gave him a sad smile.

"Aren't you going to sit with us?" He said and I looked at Beckett who was sitting with his hands closed tightly together and elbows on the table.

"No, it appears I was not invited to Thanksgiving this year. I am thankful for all of you though." I said quickly before grabbing myself a dinner roll and made my way back to the staircase and I heard a chair move.

"You really are not going to stay up there all dinner are you?" Beckett asked as I looked at him raising an eyebrow.

"There is no room. It is fine Beckett. I have dinner right here. Just hang out with your friends and my family it'll be fine." I said making fine sound harsher then what I meant it to sound.

"Look I know this isn't the most ideal situation-"

"Ideal? Ideal! You have got to be kidding me. First I get waitlisted forever university to mad kind because I am a selective mute. Then my best friend decides I am no longer a good person. My dad accuses me of being a child all the time. My boyfriend doesn't stick up for me or tell me the damn truth. Oh yeah, and I am supposed to announce that I am moving in with him and his daughter!" I practically yelled in the hallway between the dining room and kitchen.

I thought I heard someone choke on either food or a drink. Beckett looked at me with stormy gray eyes. I looked at him as he shook his head. I heard another chair scrape the floor and saw Jack come out into the hallway with Ryleigh.

"Wait, you two are moving in together?" Ryleigh asked a little confused.

"No nothing is official I never went and signed the paperwork there is still a down payment and first month's rent that needs to be done," Beckett said and rubbed his face as Jack snickered and left to go back into the dining room.

"You aren't seriously thinking of this are you?" Ryleigh asked me as Beckett began pacing in his dress shoes.

"I was until now because now I don't know anymore if that is a smart decision," Beckett said and I looked at him.

"Fine, do what you want," I said and marched myself back upstairs to cry.

I didn't know why I felt like all I could do today is just cry. I sat in my room for a long time before I heard a knock on my door. I knew the knock to be Alex's so I ignored it. Alex just sent me text messages instead.

To: Logan

From: Alexander

Open your door. I have something for you

To: Logan

From: Alexander

You're going to want this. So you better open your door.

To: Logan

From: Alexander

Come on you aren't really shutting me out again, are you?

To: Logan

From: Alexander

Fine I will just get your dad to unlock the door.

To: Alexander

From: Logan

I will open the door when I am ready. Have Rian or someone bring it to me.

To: Logan

From: Alexander

That's not how this works Lo. Open your door.

I got up begrudgingly opened the door to Alex standing there with two plates of food. He had a beer in one hand and a water bottle wrapped up in his arm. I looked at him as he waltzed into my room.

"You can't shut me out... I am sorry no one told you Tobias was alive and that's why there was a closed casket funeral and stuff. It was because he was on life support and we didn't think-" Alex came in and sat on the floor putting the plates down.

"I don't know who sent you up here, but please leave," I said as Alex ignored my request.

"He was going to live. Now sit down Logan and I will explain further because you need to hear this." Alex said looking up at me like he didn't really care about my request.

I knew I would not win against Alex he was pretty stubborn. I sat down on the floor crossing my legs and Alex looked at me handing me a plate and water. I opened the water but didn't eat the food. I looked at Alex as he ate though.

"Tobias did die Logan. No one told you his dad had two sons though. His name is John after his dad. He and Tobias look like carbon copies, I know this is a lot and it's all at once. There is a lot that is probably still."

"He has a brother?" I said as Alex put food in his mouth.

"Is that not what I just told you?" Alex chuckled and drank some of his beer.

"I'm sorry," I muttered out as Alex looked up at my ceiling.

"Did your parents know you and Beckett planned on moving out and what are you adding constellations to your ceiling?" Alex looked at my ceiling.

Sort of astonished by the work I had been doing in my room. I had recently bought a dark blue paint and had been painting my ceiling very carefully with little white dots and thin lines. Mom and dad didn't know yet that I had been painting my room. It would probably upset mom in all honesty.

"Yeah, all the white marks glow in the dark too. It's something I just wanted to do. It helps when I forget to take the Restoril." I said and looked at the counter where the pills sat.

"They scare you don't they?" Alex said and looked at my eyes.

I nodded my head and sighed. I picked at the food Alex had brought up for me. I heard a knock at the door and Alex yelled for them to come in.

"Hey um, so..." Jack stood with his head poking in my room.

"Boo?" I said and shook my head at Jack.

"We need Alex for a minute," Jack said and I looked at Alex who sighed standing up and groaning.

"Don't get old it kills," Alex said and pointed at me.

I nodded my head as he headed out with his food leaving his beer behind in my room. I stared at it and then made sure that no one was coming back upstairs. I finished off the other half of his beer and looked back at my plate of food. I drank most of my water and then moved my plate outside.

I heard a girly excited scream from downstairs and I knew it was probably Ryleigh. I heard footsteps traveling up the stairs excitedly. I changed into a bathing suit as it was not cold here in California. I heard a quick knocking at my door as I sighed. Ryleigh opened the door excitedly.

"I was asked to go on tour again with-" Ryleigh is talking so quick and so excited.

I fought back the tears and bit back my feelings. I was not offered to go on tour.

"That's great. I am so happy for you," I said and licked my lips as Ryleigh looked at me practically bouncing up and down.

Ryleigh left my room. I grabbed the bottle of Restoril and took one pill and washed it down with what water I had left. I walked downstairs with a now proper leather journal and a towel wrapped around my body. I snuck past as many people as I possibly could before catching Tyler's eye. I walked outside and set there doodling in my journal. It was just a blank page journal no lines had to add those myself if I wanted them.

"You okay?" Ty asked as I shrugged.

"Yeah, I will be. I guess," I sighed and doodled in my book before Tyler pulled the book and pen away from me.

I looked at him as he shoved me into the pool. I came up gasping for air and looked at him like he was crazy. I could stand at this end of the pool but I looked at Tyler like he was insane.

"What the hell Tyler!"

"You were going to get in there anyway." He chuckled as I splashed him giving him a soft smile.

"So what is actually wrong?" Tyler asked as he knew he found a wedge in.

"Ryleigh is going on tour without me," I said sadly as Tyler looked at me like I had two heads.

"No, she wouldn't. You don't actually think she would?" Tyler asked

"Jack and Alex got mad earlier. Dad probably wants me to move out by night's end. Beckett decided not to sign papers on an apartment we both liked. Oh, and I got waitlisted again this week by another college. To top it off Tobias has a brother named John who looks just like and it's going to be so hard dropping Kolbi off now. It's going to be so awkward." I rambled as Tyler looked at me before saying off the cuff.

"you know sometimes I think I liked you silent?" He then looked at me chuckling.

I splashed him with water. Tyler kept chuckling and I smiled up at him. Our conversation took a turn toward how Jenna and Hope were. He said they were doing well. Hope has the sweetest little hands and Jenna was completely the best mom ever. I kind of felt guilty like maybe I was still the problem and that is why this house never worked right.

"Hey Lo, we going to watch stars or what?" Alex asked and pointed up to the setting sky.

"Yeah, I guess we can," I said awkwardly and I looked at the other end of the pool.

I began to try and float on my back which was something I couldn't really do. Ryleigh laughed at me and people thought it was weird because I sunk like a rock to the bottom of a pool. It was pretty sad because of past trauma I freaked out in deep ends of pools. I looked at the edge deciding to swim over to it. Dad and mom were now out on the balcony with their friends. I kept swimming my laps back and forth while Beckett stood against one of the pillars by Alex. They spoke in hushed tones. I finally about in the middle of the pool was bouncing up and down. Beckett must have known I was in trouble grabbing a pool floaty we had to me and I held onto it keeping myself up. I was now exhausted, I laid on the pool float as Beckett and Alex came over to pull me up off it.

I felt off like I wasn't really all their. I looked at Beckett and wrapped him in a hug. He hugged me back not caring about getting wet. He held me to his chest and kissed my head multiple times working his way to my lips. Finally connecting them I leaned into the kiss dragging it out as Alex cleared his throat. I rolled my eyes and opened my arms for a hug from him. He shook his head and began to run while I finally caught him and wrapped him in a wet hug. Alex groaned and I smiled as he patted my back. Everyone on the balcony had stopped talking to tell Alex where to run and try and avoid me before almost booing as I caught him. I waved up at the people only getting a few waves back.

"I'm sorry I was a bitch earlier. I do mean it when I say I am thankful for you all!" I say cupping my hands to make my voice travel.

"You're still not going on tour!" Jack shouted back as Alex shook his head.

"And you can suck my dick!" Alex yelled back as everyone began laughing.

"Daddy, what does uncle 'lex mean?" Kolbi asked Beckett from the door with this innocent smile on her lips.

"Stop corrupting my child!" Beckett yelled covering Kolbi's ears and began to try and explain what Alex meant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 5.6K 41
17 year old Alex Parker starts her first day of her senior year at a new school. Her entire life is turned upside down when her guide to this new sch...
4.4K 172 29
After the split of Panic! At The Disco and the breakup of Brendon and Ryan, Brendon couldn't deal with the loneliness of being without Ryan at his si...
15.1K 686 50
I woke up in total darkness with a faint rumbling beneath me. My hands and feet were taped together and I was pretty sure a blindfold was over my eye...
235K 11.8K 37
Book #1 in the Silence Series Elijah is no ordinary boy. In fact, he is as different from what a normal boy could possibly be. The golden rule in...