Charlie |Complete|

By KatCWrites

Charlie Raven seems to have life all figured out, eighteen years old, beautiful, loving parents, amazing frie... More

Chapter 1 - Charlie
Chapter 2 - Zayd
Chapter 3 - Friend
Chapter 4- Job
Chapter 5 - Family ties
Chapter 6 - Dinner
Chapter 7 - Date
Chapter 8 - Opening up.
Chapter 9 - Stealing kisses
Chapter 10 - Morning
Chapter 11 - Party
Chapter 12 - Parties over
Chapter 13 - The best
Chapter 14 - Bleeding
Chapter 15 - Apart
Chapter 16 - Tyler
Chapter 18 - The club
Chapter 19 - The morning after
Chapter 20 - Face it
Chapter 21 - The station
Chapter 22 - Lies
Chapter 23 - Together
Chapter 24 - Real talks
Chapter 25 - Teach me
Chapter 26 - girlfriend
Chapter 27 - Daddy issues
Chapter 28 - Baby Raven
Chapter 29 - School
Chapter 30 - Principals office
Chapter 31 - Love
Chapter 32 - Hospital
Chapter 33 - Frankie
Chapter 34 - Home
Chapter 35 - Candle light
Chapter 36 - An out
Chapter 37 - Meeting
Chapter 38 - Game on
Chapter 39 - Tick tock
Chapter 40 - Shock
Chapter 41 - Nightmare
Chapter 42 - Time
Chapter 43 - Marry me
Chapter 44 - One day
Quick note, please read.
Chapter 45 - Four months
Chapter 46 - Wedding
Chapter 47 - Last names
Chapter 48 - Almost a Cameron
Chapter 49 - A Mrs
Chapter 50 - Christmas
Chapter 51 - NYE
Chapter 52 - New York
Chapter 53 - Birthday girl
Chapter 54 - Goodbye
Chapter 55 - Adjusting
Chapter 56 - Friends
Chapter 57 - Unfaithful
Chapter 58 - Mistaken identity
Chapter 59 - Forever
Chapter 60 - home
Chapter 61 - Baby Daddy
Chapter 62 - our home
Chapter 63 - Wedding day
Chapter 64 - Time flys
Chapter 65 - Heartbreak
Chapter 66 - Final goodbye
Chapter 67 - Evie
Chapter 68 - Baby crew
Chapter 69 - Growing family
Chapter 70 - All grown up

Chapter 17 - Drinking alone

22.7K 725 68
By KatCWrites

Crawling out of bed I make my way down the hall and into the kitchen. P and Zack are still sleeping and I don't want to wake them so I decide not to the make breakfast just yet, after all it is Saturday, they deserve a sleep in.

I open the fridge door and the first thing that catches my eye is a beer. Yes thanks. I take the beer from the fridge and make my way out the back, sitting on the deck watching the sun rise.

"Good morning." P smiles as she makes her way into the deck.

"Morning." I smile back and take a sip of my beer.

"Uh, the sun hasn't even come up yet and you're drinking already." She says shocked

Rolling my eyes I take another sip. "Technically if the sun isn't up, it's still night.

"That's not how it works." P laughs.

"Five o'clock somewhere?" I try with a laugh.

"Morning ladies." Zack makes his way into the deck. "Beer for breakfast, nice." He laughs

"Don't encourage her." P rolls her eyes. "So, What's the plan?"

"What plan?" I shrug

"What you're just going to sit here drinking all day?"

"Would that be so bad?"

"Yes C it would." She sighs "look I know you liked him but drinking isn't going to help."

"Wait." I laugh "I'm not drinking because of Zay, I'm drinking because I want to." I assure her. "Zay hasn't done anything wrong, I mean sure I'm sad, and I did really, really like him but he played his part and I'm thankful for that."

"Played his part?" She asks confused

"Well yeah, he saved me from Tyler, he encouraged me to tell everyone and move on with my life and I've done that."

"Right." P nods not buying it. "Please just don't get drunk and pass out on me." She sighs

"I'll try." I raise my beer to her with a grin.

Zayd's POV:

Saturday, tonight would usually be Charlie and I's date night but after everything that was said last night, I don't see that being an ongoing thing anymore.

Maybe I was a little too hard on her, she told me several times she was afraid, I just don't understand why she won't help herself by telling her parents. Then again, I suppose I've never been in her position so I shouldn't have put so much pressure on her.

Making my way from the couch into the kitchen I grab myself another beer and sit back down taking a long sip. It's been a long night and there are beer bottles piled up all around me but for some reason it's just not giving the feels I'm after.

Sighing I stand up and make my way into the bedroom, I open the draw next to my bed and pull out a small packet of white pills, pills I'd been meaning to throw out when I promised myself I'd stop this shit, but I didn't and now how here I am, just me and the pills.

Pulling a pill from the bag I lift it to my mouth and close my eyes.

Buzzz, Buzz, buzzz

I open my eyes and pull my phone from my pocket, Jordan calling but all I see is the photo of Charlie behind his name. Her long dark hair blowing in the wind as she looks out at the ocean in front of us, she's beautiful. I hit decline and stand up with the bag of pills, heading into the bathroom I tip them into the toilet and flush them away.

I refuse to let myself become that person again, and I have no right to sit around feeling sorry for myself when I'm the one who pushed her away.

Buzzz, Buzz, buzzz

"Jordan, what's up man."

"How do you feel about going out to the club tonight?"

"I'm not really in the mood."

"Come on, you can even bring Charlie."

"I defiantly won't be bringing Charlie."

"Don't tell me you two broke up already?"

"Can you break up with someone you were never really with?" I sigh

"Alright man, sounds to me like the club is just the place you need to be." He laughs "Be ready by seven and I'll swing by and pick you up on the way."

"I'd really rather not."

"Mate, come on it'll be just like old times, you, me, both single and smokin' hot chicks desperate to hook up with us."

"Yeah, alright fine, whatever." I sigh. "See you at seven."

"See you at Seven my man."

Charlies' POV:

After my fourth beer I decided I'd well had enough. P is right, why am I even drinking in the first place? It's not like it's going to make issues go away, if anything it's only going to turn me into an emotion mess and that's the last thing I need right now.

Dad is talking to Tyler's dad today and if I'm honest it's making me feel sick. I know I should have dealt with this on my own and not dragged my parents into it, but truthfully if I had to do it on my own, I never would have and I'm glad to have my dad on my side.

I spend the rest of my day laying around watching movies on Netflix and when I got tired of the Netflix, I read a few books, I never leave home without my books.

"I have a great idea." P bounces into the living room with a smile on her face.

"What kind of great idea?" I prop myself up on my elbows.

"Why don't you and I head out to the club tonight?"

"The club?" I raise a brow. "Why the hell would I want to hang out at a club P?"

"Because it'll be fun and you need to have a little fun after the week you've had." she sighs and sits down next to me. "I already asked Zack and he said he'll come with us and he'll bring one of the other boys as well, we'll be totally safe."

"You know I'm starting to feel like I really don't have a choice in this."

"That's because you don't and it's already all set up." she shrugs and stands up with a grin. "Now come, we still have a few hours to pamper ourselves before we hit the town, I'm talking face masks and nails girlfriend, move it." She giggles happily and bounces back up the stairs.

"She's something else isn't she?" Zack asks from behind me, startling me.

"She's my little ray of sunshine." I giggle softly

"Mine to." he says with an honest smile as he watches her, his eyes following her every step.

"I hope I find someone who looks at me the way you look at P one day." I smile softly.

"You will Charl." He assures

"Maybe one day." I shrug. "For now the only thing I look at the way you look at P is Pizza." I giggle and stand up. "I'm going to get my pamper on, I'll see you later."

Chet's POV:

"Thanks for coming over so soon, and on a Saturday" I hold the door open.

"You know I'm always happy to help out yourself and your family Chet." Officer Bradley takes his hat off and enters our home.

We enter the dining room where Amity, Lane and a few of the boys are sitting around the table.

"This looks serious." He states as he finds himself a seat.

"It is." I nod my head and sit down next to Amity. "I want you to know we're coming to you first because we believe you will do the right thing by us like we've always done you." I begin.

"I've never done wrong by you before, have I?" He folds his arms across his chest.

"Tyler has been physically abusing Charlie the last three months and I want charges pressed against him." I shrug my shoulders.

"Tyler, my son Tyler?" He sits up a little straighter in his seat.

"Yes, your son Tyler."

"I- I don't know what to say." He admits.

"Well you could start by telling us you believe us even though it's hard to take." Amity speaks up.

"I do believe you; I know Tyler has quite the temper and I have heard him yell at your daughter before, but I didn't think he was capable of putting hands on her." He admits and takes a deep breath.

"I think the best way to go about this is to get Charlie to come into the station and get someone who isn't me to take her statement and I'll keep out of the investigation." He sighs once more. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, but we do hope you'll help us with this." Amity offers him a small smile.

"There will be no pressure from me to stop the officers doing what needs to be done." he stands up from the table. "I'm sure I'll be hearing from you again." He nods and exits the home.

"Do you think he'll keep his word?" Amity asks after we hear the front door close.

"I'm sure he will." I take her hand in mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 39.4K 74
Mia Ricci twenty-one years old, sweet, beautiful, and smart yet somehow lead down a dangerous road by the one she trusted. Enzo Moretti twenty-five...
1M 25.4K 37
Jason doesn't play nice. If you owe him money and it's past its due date, you best believe he's going to f*ck you up. That's until one of these cases...
4.2M 77.7K 26
I had my face buried in his neck, he smells so good. He was gripping my waist not letting me fall. Then I realized I was straddling his lap. "Oh I'm...
1.3M 39K 60
Smart, beautiful, sassy and next in line to the Cobra throne, Alena sets out on the adventure of a lifetime when her father agrees to let her spend a...