Queen of North

By AlfieSolomons00

The story follows Sansa Stark,Queen of North and lady of Winterfell after her brother's Bran coronation as th... More

Prologue (trailer)
Lord Commander
Castle Black
The dragon
The pit
A dragon is here
Tombs
Dragon's awakening
The broken king
Blood of my blood
Lord Dragon
Peace for war
Alliance
Did you miss me?
Ask me
Are you happy?
The other Queen
The Dead and the Fallen
The undying
The dinner
Princess & Bastard
Wine and fire
The Dragon King
Farewell
Illusions and guilt
Lord of Gwendeith
Father's duty
Time to heal
Part of my heart
He's one of us
Sleeping dragon
Flameborn
Poisoned mind
Mad king
Downfall
You'll die tonight, My King
Dark future
Queen of North (second part)
I found you
Snow
Lady commander
Reunited
We need you
The powers you hold
Bedtime stories
You'll pay
Son of Summer
Hunter's wife
You're my home
The trial
The King in the North
Atonement
We live forever (final)

Littlefinger

784 44 45
By AlfieSolomons00

In Castle Black three days after the former commander deliver to the now commander his file filled and Jon send all his file to Citadel for confirmation an answer never came back. Not in these three days! But the fourth day maester Leith with good news rushed to find Lord Commander who was eating dinner along with the rest of him man. The maester walked inside almost panting and gave him the letter.

Jon stood up immediately. Bran wouldn't move from his position if it wasn't at the most necessary.  "Allan!" He turns to one of his two commanders in order.

"Lord Commander," Allan stood up immediately and James rose his eyes, looking at them.

Jon first spoke to everyone turning to his man. "I must leave for Winterfell tomorrow morning. Ranger Allan will be your Lord Commander in order until i return." He announced then turn to give a slight look at James but continue talking to the rest of them after a while. "Everything will go on as usual the patrols and the building schedule." He finally said and sits back down.

"Yes, Lord Commander," Allan with a nod took back his seat and James looked back down in front of him. He waited for Jon to stand up and followed him, stopping him in a corridor. "Lord Commander," he spoke in broad voice. "Why Winterfell? My sister is there. If there is a reason for me to worry about her, I want to know, so I could take her back to me."

"Your sister is well, ranger." Jon answered shortly. "Worry not about this. Just prepare your things, you'll travel with me." He adds and went back to his room to read the letter again. To make sure that the seal wasn't broken before. Ghost as always follows him in.

The same letter arrived in Winterfell the same day from King's landing. The maesters deliver it to the queen and she immediately call for her sister. Once Arya steps on the great hall she found Sansa pacing up and down in agony waiting for her. "Sister! Finally! A letter came from King's landing. Bran is coming home. He wants to meet with us all."

"Really? Show me!" She rushed toward her. "Did he write why? Did he explain that vision? When?" Arya showered Sansa with sister, when suddenly Elaine appeared, her footsteps made both girls turn.

"Forgive me to interrupting," she bowed her head politely. "You wanted to know, if I would want to leave walls of Winterfell, Your Grace. If it is fine, I'd like to borrow one of your horses and take a little ride here, with guards of course."

Sansa turn to see her in surprise then nod with a smile at the young one. "Of course,my lady. Whatever you want. But please only with guards you heard about the attacks last thing I want to something to happen to you." She said with genuine concern. Then she returns to Arya. "I don't know. He didn't said much he just said that he's coming here and that he sent the same letter to Castle Black. Jon is coming too." She explained and add with a smile turning to see Elaine. "Maybe your brother will join him and you can see him. Jon probably will be here by tomorrow morning. Bran send this from the Valley,i believe he'll be here within two days."

"Your brother, the King, am I right? You spoke about him the first day I was here," Elaine nodded her head. "It would be lovely if I could see my brother. I miss him," she added quietly, bowed again and left.

Arya waited for few seconds, then turned to Sansa. "I really understand, whynshe calls her powers lifegiving and liferaking. Sometimes I feel, like she could light up the sun, but when she seems sad it's like they sky gets even more grey. I wish she just talk more. Every time I tried to ask her about her family, she just speaks about James and claims, she has nobody else. Poor girl," she sighed quietly.

"I know, sister." Sansa answer stoically turning to see the fire. "And I can't blame her for that. As much as comfortable or friendly are the stranger hands for a young girl to grow in they're still stranger hands." The answer was very careful and very thoughtful. She herself grew up in stranger hands. And those hands wasn't friendly or comfortable,at all. "Thank you for spending time with Elaine, Arya. She needs a friend this moment away from her own kind."

"I see combination of me and you in her, maybe that's why I like her and I like to spend time with her. Perhaps... Perhaps you could do it too. See, maybe she needs somebody even more femimine at least for some moments during day. Somebody, who doesn't wear pants all the time," she smirked, then tilted her head as she heard a horse neigh im courtyard. She came to the window and looked outside to see Elaine leaving on a black mare together with two guards. "It seems, that animals like her. Maybe they feel her powers and it calms them."

"She holds a light." Sansa agree with her sister as she walked to her side watching at Elaine with a small smile. "She can calm the animals and i really hope she have the ability to calm the beasts too." She adds with a small chuckle mentioning the men they're expecting to arrive. The truth was that after these peculiar dreams she had about her brother she felt uncomfortable and even scared to be around her alone. Last thing she wanted was for the young girl to read her confusing dreams,she felt embarrassed. "Hm.. maybe the Lord of Storm's End comes too. Who knows?" The crooked smile appear on Sansa's face as she teased her sister.

"Oh," Arya twiched her face a little and sighed. "Maybe, who can tell. We haven't spoken to each other for a long time," she cleared her throat awkwardly.

The day rolls to the end shortly and queitly as darkness consume the high stones of Winterfell and everyone gather back inside in the warm halls. The next day was important. The brothers are returning to their sisters. And for the first time after he left King's landing as a murderer to service on the Wall, Jon finally returns home.

Long before the sun comes out the ladies were already awaken. Arya head to the guards to prepare the shifts for the protection of the king to await. Sansa had to prepare her household to welcome her guests and make sure they will find comfort to rest .Elaine was nervously pacing forth and back on a courtyard of Winterfell. In a moment, when she heard riders approaching and guards opened a gate, her heart skipped a beat from happiness and excitement.

Not minding the fact, that James was there as simple ranger under a command of Jon, as he saw his sister, he jumped from his horse and ran toward her, scooping her up into his embrace.

"I missed you so much," she cried tears of joy, even though it was just few days, it felt for her like years. She was suddenly glowing, like she was radiating warmth and light energy, that swallowed them both.

"I'm here now, I'm here," he whispered to her, holding her close.

Sansa and Arya appear from the interior to welcome them along with sir Davos.
"Welcome home, Lord Commander." Sansa hugged Jon after he jumped off his horse and kiss her crown.

"I'm glad to find you well, your Grace." The smile from his face despite the formality was there when he saw them.

"Welcome back,Lord Commander!" Davos nods politely so as Jon did.

Then he turns to hug Arya. He kissed her temple and whisper. "Thank you for keeping them safe. I missed you."

"I'm glad to see you well, Elaine." Jon smiled softly at the girl. "Of course he would come Sansa promise you that. Didn't she?"

Sansa felt a little tensed and embarrassed to look straight into his eyes. A weird feeling that even that very moment he could read her thoughts. "No trouble at all. It was a pleasure for us to have Elaine here." She nods politely holding her eyes away and turn to escort them all inside. "Winter is showing his teeth i think it would be better to come inside. You must be hungry."

They walk back to the great hall where everything was ready and settled waiting for them to rest. The great table prepared to feed a troop and she gesture them to take their seats.
"Your Grace,i didn't said I'm coming back with all men from the Castle Black. You didn't had to both yourself so much." Jon mused as he nod and took his seat next to her.

James was sitting next to Elaine, speaking to her quietly. Her quiet giggles echoed in a room like chirping of a little bird. He kissed knuckles on back of her hand and sighed contently. Seeing her being well, safe and smiling was all that mattered to him.

"How was the journey, brother? How's the situation with attacks and robberies? Is it any better?" Arya, who was with small smile observing Elaine for few moments, then turned to Jon.

"We found a small solution finally placing the right men on the right places." That one was for James clearly and Sansa rose her brow briefly as she took a sip from her wine. "I'm not saying the attacks can banish them back beyond the Wall at once but at least we saw improvement and the rebuilding of the Wall is going well. "

Sansa sighed placing back her cup on the table and hold her eyes low. "That's good to hear,Jon. Thank you." She briefly turn to Arya with a smile then to Elaine.
"She made the dress by herself." She smiled proudly to Elaine.

"It's very beautiful, Elaine." Jon admitted with a soft smile. "Your hands are skillful same with the sword and needles."

"Mother would be very proud about you, my dear," James gave smile to his sister.

"Thank you, James," she replied calmly, then turned to Jon. "Thank you, My Lord. I must be honest, work with sword seems to me still easier than with a needle. I think, I still have a lack of patience."

Jon chuckled softly and nod in agreement. "I'm sure you'll be great in both." But the lightness of the atmosphere was soon covered by the important part of king's visit.
"Any news from the king, sister?" He turns serious after a short to Sansa.

"He send his last raven from the Valley. I believe he'll be here the day after dawn." She guessed with a small shrug as she took another sip from her wine. She felt a knob on her throat like she couldn't swallow even the wine. She needed to calm down before she starts to show.

"Oh, so that is the reason of your visit here, Lord Commander," James rose his brows curiously.

"Yes, their brother the King will arrive. You didn't know?" Elaine looked at her brother.

"No," he shook his head. "Our Lord Commander is very careful about his words around me."

Elaine chuckled softly, looking at him. "Admit it, you like him," she spoke to James in her head.

"Never," he answered back as he was siping on a wine from his cup without looking at her. His voice in his head light. Then he looked at his sister and spoke to her out loud. "Have you been practicing with a sword too?"

"Yes, Arya helped me a lot. She taught me few nice tricks," Elaine looked at Arya with smile.

"And she allowed me to copy few of her moves as well," Arya nodded. "I find the style of a combat you use to be very interesting."

The dinner was going quite well unexpectedly until a man walked in guards by two Winterfell soldiers.
"Your Grace!" He bows nobly and straight up himself. "Forgive me to interrupt. I just came from the King's landing. Our king send me here to you he said there's a meeting about to be hold."

When Jon saw the man he tensed his face and turn to see Sansa who stood up slowly. "Yes,i am aware." She comments. "Welcome to Winterfell, Lord Baelish!" She said with a small smile gesturing him to take a seat.

"Lord Commander. I heard the good news." He adds with a small smirk towards Jon.

"You did?" Jon replied unimpressed and almost disgusted by his presence. "Why is he here?" He turns to Sansa.

Elaine with James echanged looks, but remained in silence.

"Brother," Arya tried to keep Jon in calm mood. "As our sister said she is aware of his presence, no need to ask why. If our King sent him, well, we have to welcome him here as our guest. Lord Baelish," she then faked smile with a nod.

"Thank you, Arya." She nods with a smile towards her sister then she turns to the man who just came to interrupt their meeting. "What news do you bring from King's landing,my Lord?"

"Many news." He mused and one of the maids came to fill his cup. "A world is still rebuilding everyone is getting more and more fount of our king. And most importantly many discussions about the queen of North." He adds watching Sansa directly in the eyes.

"Gossip wasn't my intention when i asked you about the news." She shakes her head subtly and clean her throat. "I'm glad that for the progress. I'm looking forward to hear these words from my brother too."

"And you surly will, your Grace. But do not forget whispers makes the rulers stronger." He manifests being so self confidence that made her guts twist although she kept a neutral seriousness. "Everyone is wondering when will the queen find North a King."

"And by everyone you mean yourself, sir?" Elaine spoke quietly, looking with her icy eyes at him. "Who are you to the Queen, that you dare to speak and look at her like that?" She tilted her head in wonder.

"I'm a very close friend of the family,miss?" He narrow his eyes on the girl and the man next to her wearing the black cloak.

"She's Winterfell's lady in honour,Elaine." Sansa answered shortly to him and add. "And you can spread to the south that queen of North will remain as she is." She adds calmly with a nod and smile towards Elaine.

Arya bit her grin, looking at Elaine, then at her sister and took a bite of her food. "Oh, see? Then you will have one actual news, because so far, you haven't told us anything, that we haven't known already," she added before she took a sip of a wine.

"What makes you to think, that you are a close friend," Elaine asked him. "They barely look at you. Nobody stood up, nobody hugged you or offered you a hand to shake." It felt like she was speaking out loud her thoughts. "Help me to understand, sir."

James, who noticed very tensed expression on Jon's face, cleared his throat. "Elaine, I think this is not a good time for this conversation and questions. How about we finish dinner and take a walk, if you allow us," he glanced from Jon to Sansa.

"My queen?" Baelish turns slightly looking offended to Sansa for support. "Is there any specific reason for this personal attack by this lovely young lady?" He asked curiously and Jon shook his head over his pretending.

"Lady Elaine speaks her feelings that's all,Littlefinger." He turn to James and nod.

"That is true, Lord Commander, thank you," James answered with a thankful nod.

Elaine and James finished food in short time and left after they excused themselves in front of nobles. Elaine took fury coat and they went outside to get some fresh air.

"Are you alright, Elaine? It seems like the presence of that man made you to be uncomfortable. If you were holding a dagger in your hand, I believe it would end between his eyes," he chuckled. "Can't blame you, really."

"I don't trust him!" She said without a single doubt in her voice. "I felt him like a serpent crawling around. There's no middle ground on that, brother. I know what i feel he's evil."

"And I don't doubt your words at all, my dear. You know, that I trust your judgments and opinions, when it comes to people, more than I trust my own. However be careful with your words. It is alright to be honest, to say how you feel. However in front of a man like he is, who seems to thrive on chaos and betrayal, you need to be more careful, Elaine. I am saying that, because I'm more than a sure, he'd have no shame to get rid even of a child," he sighed, cupping her face. "I hate the fact, that I can't be with you and protect you. Perhaps I should really find different place, where we could be together."

"Do you think Sansa trusts him?" She answered him as she stopped her steps looking deep inside his eyes. "The others seems they don't but I'm not sure about her. She seemed so calm around him."

"I think she is clever enough not to trust him, however she knows from her position as a Queen, that it is better to keep enemies close, Elaine, " James replied pensively. "And as a Queen, she's learning, how to keep her emotions under surface, so people around her couldn't really tell, what is inside her head. It is a huge advantage and it requires a lot of self control. Who knows, I may be wrong."

"I can't read her,James." She used his Westeros name after she gave a look around if someone was there. "I can't understand her. She was kind to me and very friendly but she's always so distant and cold." She sighed and shook her head. "You really think to take us from here? Before the king's arrival?"

"Don't take it personally, my dear. Look at good and as you kind things. She offered you a shelter and protection. Everybody has a different way, how to show symphaties for people," he brushed her cheek with thumb, then sighed. "I don't know, Elaine. I was thinking about it amd with the arrival of that man, I can't get that idea from my head. However I don't know... Where should I take you to keep you save? Without having a whole pack of wolves and crows  behind our back."

The same moment the queen and Lord Baelish made their way walking side to side towards the weirwood tree. As always Littlefinger was trying to seize the moment and bring Sansa closer and with every word he spat she hated him more,if that was possible. But outside she remained calm and let him spit his venom in vain. In a weak moment Petyr front his hand towards her and softly touch between his fingers a long lock of her fire curls.
Elaine saw them in distance with wide open eyes next to James. Sansa of course took a step back and left him there alone. Hoping that next time he'll get what he wants. Tho he never will.

James was standing with eyes pinned at Queen and Baelish. Deep sound reminding growl came from the back of his throat in a moment, when he touched her hair, letting her locks dance between his fingers. He turned his head toward his sister in a moment, when Sansa took step back and left him. "Pathetic man," James whispered, closing his eyes briefly, taking a deep breath, calming his mind with even longer exhale.

"What was he trying to do?" Her question was silly. She knew very well it was,it wasn't a question really. "Pathetic indeed he really bel.." she turns and saw Valarr's face had changed. He seemed tensed and bothered,she could feel that. "Valarr?" She whispers. "What's wrong?"

"Ah, nothing," he looked at her with small smile. "I just simply don't like him at all, my dear. I hope, he will vanish as quickly as he appeared." Brother and sister walked back inside the castle after a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 281 12
𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐂𝐄 ❝ 𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚! ❞ IN WHICH; Robert Baratheon's daughter gets...
67.7K 2.1K 31
{Book 2 from the "Rise" saga} After the death of her father, Lilia Stark stays in the Capitol with her younger sister, Sansa. Away from the rest of h...
200K 6.2K 112
"A rose thrusted in a world of wolves and lions is quick to grow sharp thorns." Rosalie Tyrell finds herself in a dangerous game of hearts when she c...
36.2K 364 54
Game Of Thrones one shots. They won't all be romance. Some may be family or others just friends ❤️- lover, wife, gf etc 🖤- stranger, first meeting...