Queen of North

Por AlfieSolomons00

The story follows Sansa Stark,Queen of North and lady of Winterfell after her brother's Bran coronation as th... Más

Prologue (trailer)
Lord Commander
Castle Black
The dragon
A dragon is here
Littlefinger
Tombs
Dragon's awakening
The broken king
Blood of my blood
Lord Dragon
Peace for war
Alliance
Did you miss me?
Ask me
Are you happy?
The other Queen
The Dead and the Fallen
The undying
The dinner
Princess & Bastard
Wine and fire
The Dragon King
Farewell
Illusions and guilt
Lord of Gwendeith
Father's duty
Time to heal
Part of my heart
He's one of us
Sleeping dragon
Flameborn
Poisoned mind
Mad king
Downfall
You'll die tonight, My King
Dark future
Queen of North (second part)
I found you
Snow
Lady commander
Reunited
We need you
The powers you hold
Bedtime stories
You'll pay
Son of Summer
Hunter's wife
You're my home
The trial
The King in the North
Atonement
We live forever (final)

The pit

927 46 47
Por AlfieSolomons00

The queen escorted by her guards and her sister Arya,the Princess walked outside the Castle Black. On the pit were gathered up the men. Every single one of them and the maesters where awaiting in the balcony where Lord Commander sits. Sansa took the seat and Arya stood on her side. Maester Leith came up first.
"Your Grace,do you want me to read the names?"

"No, maester Leith. Thank you. I'll take it." She let him know and the old man deliver her the list with the names. Searching carefully the catalogue she noticed two names without surnames origins or any other information.
"James. Former commander of the Night's Watch." She announced out loud.

"Your Grace," he turned at her with motionless expression in his face.

"As the duel requires you'll fight with one of the other men. Whoever still stands at end will be ranger and the other will be or remain steward. You'll all fight in duos." She announced and beckon James to approach and prepare.

"Very well," he bowed his head  and went downstairs, looking up at her. "What kind of weapons will we use, Your Grace? Sword, daggers, crossbow, bow? Or just fists?" He asked her, looking at weapons prepared on the side.

"No weapons for start. Hands will be the only thing you can use." She answered without watching as her eyes were wandering around the list. "Ollie." She announced after a while and rose her face to see James reaction and not the young girl.

He could swear, that blood stop floating in his veins and froze inside. Why did she do that? To test him? Was it Jon, who talked to her? Arya? Was it this her own decision?

Elaine didn't look up at all, she  was standing aside amongst other men, who stepped back. She didn't say a word, just slowly walked toward James.

"Sansa, sister, a word, please," Arya with urgency in her voice almost whispered. Unaware of her decision, unaware of Queen being familiar with gender of young person.

"Not now sister." She said quietly holding her eyes on James. He looked pale and shuttered tho he was trying a lot to remain calm. "Can the man with the name Ollie come forward, please?" She announced standing up.

Elaine, who meanwhile stopped next to James closed her eyes. "En'ca minne, I will protect you. Have no fear." She heard voice of her brother inside her head and once she felt glow and warmth coming from a spell vanishing, she opened her grey blue eyes and took few steps forward. She looked up, staring Sansa straigth to her eyes. In silence.

Jon heart was beating fast and in desperation he took a step forward too.

"I'll do it. I volunteer to take Ollie's place and fight with the former commander." He said broadly raising his glare on Sansa. So he knows too,she nod thoughtfully to herself.
"Can you please let me talk at last?" She said sternly watching back at Jon who low his face.

"Ollie!" She turns to Elaine. "The rules of North requires you to follow the commands of your superiors and that is the commander to be chosen and me as Queen of North. So my order for you is to deliver your weapons and black coat and follow me back to Winterfell. You'll continue there your service until you'll be able to hold properly a sword." Jon turn confused to see James. He couldn't understand,he already talked to her? When?

James exhchanged look with Jon. The same amout of confusion, that he saw in his eyes made him to be sure, that he didn't talk with his sister. Well, then it was your own decision, red wolf, he thought. Elaine however remained speechless and unsure. She couldn't look back at her brother. "Do as she says, Elaine."

So she obeyed, even though she wanted nothing but to run to him and hide in his arms. Without a word, she passed him by, peeking at him. She put her sword down next to other weapons, then went upstairs toward maesters and put black coat to Leith's hands. Waiting.

"May I have a word with ... him before he leaves Castlw Black, Your Grace?" James spoke, even though his words made every single men curiously staring at him in wonder. But he could care less about their stupid looks in that moment.

"Of course." She replied calmly and add. "It's a tradition for the former yet commander to talk with the member that is leaving before the departure. Actually this can be done right now. Follow me inside if you may." She said turning to Elaine and James then to Arya. "The Princess will continue the test. Sister,i leave them in your hands. I know you'll choose wisely." She smiled to Arya and walked back inside leaving her in charge.

"What is going on?" Arya looked at Jon, then gestured Enid to give her a list and she read two first and the testing of members has begun.

Elaine and James walked side by side, following Queen, until they stopped in the hall. He closed the door and came next to Elaine, who was standing in front if Sansa with head lowered between her shoulders.

"Elaine.." she started softly watching at the girl who looked confused and unsure about her decision. "If you want to stay you'll stay. But you have to understand that this is not a place for you to be. You skills might be tremendous but do you really want to risk your life for this? In Winterfell you'll be protected and live as a normal girl or as you choose to be." She came closer and sighed raising her eyes on James.
"Daughter?" She asked him queitly.

"Sister," he answered, looking at Elaine, then at Sansa. They truly looked alike. Mostly their eyes were what betreayed them, even though there was a little bit green in his eyes the fload of grey and blue shades. Like elements. She was a water, he was the earth. He was the one to make sure that she remains grounded and her powers won't swallow her. "Thank you, Your Grace."

"I promise you she'll be safe and you can visit her whenever you want to." Her words were genuine and sincere. She couldn't allow this young girl to be around those criminals not after what she's been through. Not after being raised away in strange hands. "Elaine,do you agree with this?" She asked.

Elaine looked at her brother, who gave her soft smile. "Yes, my Queen," she agreed shortly with a simple nod. "Thank you for your kindness, but I... I would have a chances to meet my brother, yes? Please."

"Of course. Whenever you wish to we can simply send a raven and the steward will be there." She smiled softly at her and clean her throat. "I'll leave you then before Arya kill all your men. Mr James, don't be late. You'll fight too."

"It's fine. I'd rather spend the rest of my sister's time here with her. So, I give up and accept the place of steward, Your Grace," he said in vacant voice without hesitation and not waiting a single moment more, he took his shaking little sister to his arms, comforting her, whispering.

"As you wish." She smiled back and return to the pit after a short. "How is it going, sister?" She sits next to her glancing at her proudly as the men already started to fight and she was observing every single move.

"Good," Arya answered shortly, looking at her sister more than at fighting men. "What was that about, Sansa?" She asked quietly, leaning closer to her.

"Nothing." She sighed watching over the pit then turn to her sister. "She's not safe here."

James helped her sister with packing, mostly he helped her to calm down and gather all her courage, to comfort and support her. "I'll be always here," he tapped on the place of her chest, tapping the rhythm of her beating heart. "And whenever you need me, here," he leaned his forehead against her own.
She needed to refresh and clean herself before her departure, so he took her bag and left her room giving her privacy. He walked outside and met Sansa, Arya and Jon.

"Oh so you came. Good." Sansa mused as Arya had already chosen the men and announced the list of rangers and stewards.
"We need a volunteer to fight with the former commander." She announced but no one seemed to have the willing to be his opponent.
Not even Jon was thinking of it he had enough fighting with him or this morning.

"I'll fight him," Elaine in few moments came from behind Sansa, quietly whispering. "With my sword," she added softly. "If you allow me, Your Grace."

James chuckled softly and agreed with a shrug. "Better to earn the place of steward, then to volunteer for it."

"If you all agree with this then very well." Sansa nods and Jon shook his head.

His eyes turn to Sansa then to James. "He'll let her win. Sansa this is ridiculous he can't stay a steward and you know that."

"Then let him prove himself." Sansa shrugged and wink at Elaine with a meaningful smile.

Her sword was like his, just a little bit smaller. Covered with symbols, that none of them could understand.

They bowed heads before the fight and first strike she made, assured everybody, who were present, that nor her nor him had any intension to fake it. To pretend fight.
She was like a squirrel, fast, her movements thorough and sharp. His own very similar, light and fast. However not even his combat skils could catch up on youth, that was for her an advantage. One half pirouette, he covered his back, but she kicked him to his ribs, making him growl. He managed to attack once again, but she swiftly slid under him, sharp hit under his knee made him to kneel down and she rising behind him stood up, grabbed him by his hair and edge of her shiny sword ended on his throat.

Her sleeve slightly covered with few drops of blood, that caused tip of his sword, scratching her young skin. She frowned slightly over her own failure and he used that moment of her inattention, grabbed her by her wrist and made her to fall on her back on the ground.

Sansa stood up looked at Elaine then back to James.
"Seems like we found another ranger. Congratulations to all of you." She turns to the rest of the men. "You can now vote for your new commander and from tomorrow to apply your new duties and hopefully we're going to have peace again to our land." She sighed looking up at the half destroyed wall. "Maesters is now your duty to panel the voting to whoever wants to be a commander." She nods slowly and walked back inside going to her chambers.

So staying in pit the rest of them and maesters announced that whoever wants to be the new commander should announce his name.

Men were almost awkwardly staring at each other. Nobody said a word, they all were quiet. What annoyed James the most was the fact, that they all were staring  at him, like he should decide. "Fine, so be it," he said, then his eyes locked with Elaine's, who was standing above, looking down at her brother. "I vote for Jon Snow," James said out loud to everybody to hear and Elaine with a soft smile nodded her head.

Jon was looking at the ground when he heard his name announced. With furrowed brows he rose his face to see James. "I didn't put myself in voting. I won't steal your place." He said calmly watching over him with cold glare. He didn't need the place or even worse to everyone think that he took it because of his sister.

"I haven't heard another one," James shrugged. "Well then, I think we have new leader, Lord Commander," he kneeled in front of Jon, followed by every other man in a pit.

The maesters announced the name of the new commander and gave Jon his Black cloth. "The leadership is yours,my Lord." Maester Leith smiled and Jon turn to see the men with a sigh.

Sansa was standing behind her window on the highest floor. Watching them with a hidden smile. He deserves it. He fight for North like no-one else did. He fight until death and lived once again to fight again for the same course. "May your days as a Commander be kind and peaceful, Aegon." She whispers.

Her glare then moved toward a young girl, who was until now looking down at men with motionless expression. However she turned her head and met her eyes with Sansa's instantly. Goosebumps covered her own skin, it felt like she could read her mind, like she was inside her head. Her piercing glare coming from icy eyes felt almost torturing.

"You need to understand one thing, Your Grace," voice of James, who appeared like a ghost behind Sansa made her almost passed out. He was looking over her shoulder at his sister. "She shared the fact, that you are familiar with her gift. She needs to be calm, to have her peace, to be protected. Otherwise she can be dangerous. I hope you won't regret the fact, that you so kindly offered her a shelter."

Sansa gasped and shuttered from the unexpected presence. Even the door wasn't heard when he came in. Her eyes were wide open watching him. "I understand that.." she said trying to calm her voice. "Can you now leave from my chamber?" She said panting and trying to avoid his glare.

"Of course," he smirked briefly, tilting his head. "Have a safe journey, Your Grace."
___________________________________________

He left and she was there standing by the window unable to speak or move. Her senses return back to her body and she went down to find Jon. She hugged her brother and smiled. "You deserve it." She whispers and the same time the gate door open a man walked in dragging another one as a new troop. Jon turn to see him.
"Who's this?" He asked the rider.

"The caught the filth on the dirty business, my Lord." The rider replied and prisoner started to laugh hysterically.

"That stupid cunt ask for it." He adds with a grin. Sansa narrow her eyes on him.

"He asked to service on the wall instead." The rider informed him.

"What's your crime?" Sansa said walking slowly from the stairs coming to them. The prisoner low his head once he recognised the queen.

"Sansa.." Jon comes to her but she pass him by and walk to the man.

"What was your crime?" She asked again.

The rider watch the man hesitating and answer instead. "Rape." The answer came and Sansa took a deep breath.
Jon close his eyes and every other man around low their heads.

"He can't serve to the Wall." She answered shortly and Jon rose his head but before he could speak she ordered. "I demand execution!" The man started to beg and Jon shook his head watching her. But she didn't wait for the answer she went back to the balcony and stood there waiting for her order to be executed.

Jon knew that nothing could change her mind but no one react on her command. Under her piercing glare Jon rose his sword and cut the head of the man. Blood spread on his face and didn't even rose his head to see her. He went back to the castle without saying a word to anyone. The men stood silent with heads held down and the blood cover the snow as it floats to their feet.

And everything was in order again and everything was settled. And her steps took her back to the great lift holding roses on her hands to give the honour she didn't had the chance to deliver yet. The lift took her up to the wall and her steps close to the edge. First rose to fall for her father, Eddard. I saw you rising,i saw honoured with all the blesses of gods old and new. Then i saw you falling dying as a traitor. For you,father. And the second rose fall for her mother,Catelyn. Honour and grace mother. Yet your death holds no honour or grace. And the third and fourth ones fall for her brothers,Rob and Rickon. Who died unfairly on the brick of their youth. And the last one for poor Theon. He saved her,he lead her back to her brother and he died protecting her family. The winds scattered the petals as they fall making a rain of red tears fall from beyond to the ground.

"You'll not be forgotten.." 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

140K 2.2K 24
My name is Lacee Stark and my father is lord of Winterfell but he has been asked to go to the Kings Landing to be the king's hand. I and my sister Sa...
62.7K 2K 27
˚・゚✧ 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 ˚・゚✧ ' a targaryen and a stark love drunk on one another. what could go wrong? ' ˚・゚✧ ⸻ in which rhaenerys targaye...
36.2K 364 54
Game Of Thrones one shots. They won't all be romance. Some may be family or others just friends ❤️- lover, wife, gf etc 🖤- stranger, first meeting...
1.1M 38.8K 115
In which Annalys Baratheon is arranged to marry Robb Stark and when her 'father' dies, she is forced to side with the North in the Five War of the Ki...