Mind vs Might: There Are No H...

By Hexcss

Not everyone is created equal. Young Izuku Midoriya learned this at the age of 4. In a world where 80% of the... More

The Beginning
Appearances(No Chapter)
Paying the consequences
Reborn
New Life
Revelations and Preparations
UA Entrance
Calm before the storm
USJ Battle
USJ Aftermath
Operation Megalo
New Era
Red Night
Threats from the past
Eye of the Storm
Vanguard Action Squad
Training Camp Invasion
Sibling Fight
Defeat?
Clash of Titans(End of Season 1)
Dawn
Alliances
Leadership
The Other Side
New Threats
Raid
New King
Purge
King's Speech
Underworld War
Facing Reality
Meta v.s Quirkless
Showdown
Nagoya
None for All
Fall of UA
Final Battle Pt. 1
Final Battle Pt.2
Final Battle Pt.3
What followed the fall...
Plea of the Fool
Role of the Fuhrer
Quirkless
Do You Heil?

New Game

23K 449 347
By Hexcss

"USJ FACILITY ATTACKED BY OVER ONE HUNDRED VILLAINS"

"TWO PRO-HEROES SEVERLY INJURED DURING VILLAIN ATTACK ON UA"

"UA STUDENTS INJURED AS PRO-HEROES FAIL TO PROTECT THEM DURING VILLAIN ATTACK"

"LEAGUE OF VILLAINS, THE NEW VILLAIN ORGANIZATION THAT ATTACKED UA"

"PRO-HEROES FAIL TO PREVENT THE ESCAPE OF "LEAGUE OF VILLAINS" LEADERS"

"VILLAINS ATTACK UA TO KILL THE SYMBOL OF PEACE"

These were some of the headlines of the newspapers a few days after the League's attack on UA grounds. The public was horrified that such a thing could happen, and even more, they were now doubting UA's ability to protect their students. The public's faith in heroes had begun to stagger.

UA had released a memo stating that they would increase security. Meanwhile, the Hero Public Safety Commission noted that along with the police, they would begin the investigation on the League to bring an end to their activities. The hero world was shaken, though only slightly for now, but there was someone who vowed to make this little shake turn into am earthquake.

At the League's hideout

Izuku was happy. He had been reading the newspapers and saw the headlines, he saw the press had dubbed him "Dark Phoenix" he actually liked the alias. Still, most importantly, everything had gone just as he predicted. The heroes were shaken, and the League needed to strike at them before they recover balance.

Izuku began preparing. All of the League's forces that had been recruited were spent on the invasion of the USJ. However, he still counted with Nomu, Nana, Kurogiri and himself. His numbers were critically low, but they made compensation for that with their strength. This next movement was critical, and though risky, if they succeeded, maybe this will boost recruitment into the League.

He marked 3 points of interest. First, the Hero Public Safety Commission offices, that is were everything hero-related was managed, they were the brain behind hero organization, their core. An attack there was risky, as their offices were in the heart of Tokyo, but if successful, it would prove that not even the heart of the hero world is safe. Second, All Might's agency, as the agency of the Symbol of Peace, attacking the building wouldn't be strategical but symbolical. As the SYMBOL of peace, an attack on anything related to it would shake the faith of the civilians on their symbol, proving he isn't as omnipotent as everyone thinks he is, not being able to protect his own agency would be a permanent stain on his image.

Lastly, UA, as the most prestigious hero school in Japan, its facilities are supposed to be like a fortress, since they are expected to protect the new batch of heroes until they are ready. The USJ invasion prooved that UA isn't as impenetrable as everyone thought. Still, they have to make sure to prove that their attack on UA wasn't a lucky shot, but rather something that can be repeated. These 3 facilities are critical; attacking them through separate attacks is not an option as they risk that if they attack one, the others will reinforce even harder. A simultaneous strike is the only way, but with their numbers, its a gamble, but if they play their cards right...

The UA festival was in three weeks. Many pro-heroes like to attend there to watch the new generation of heroes, which means fewer heroes on the streets and guarding the key points. Also, with the recent attack on UA, it is the Hero Public Safety Commission that will likely deploy a significant number of their units will be deployed to deter any aggression. Possibly along with the police, many pro-hero agencies will be mobilized, too, including the one All Might. This means two of his key points with less security than usual, two down, one to go. UA will be the most difficult to attack, the UA stadium will be guarded by hundreds of heroes and police officers, ready to strike at the sight of anything suspicious, but that is the day of the event. After checking, he saw UA hasn't changed its online security, so the day previous to the event, he snuck in by deactivating the security system and do something.

Now everything was planned the attack was to take place on the day of the UA Festival, but now how would they do it? Izuku began crafting the plans. UA was too risky to attack directly, so they needed to use less conventional tactics. The terrorist organizations of old used bomb attacks, so Izuku decided to borrow a page from their book; he would sneak in a day before and install specially crafted bombs on crucial points around the stadium that would detonate when he gave the order. Then there was the attack on the HPSC offices. They would probably still have decent defences, so they will concentrate their firepower there. Nana, Kurogiri and Nomu will be enough. Kurogiri will transport Nana and Nomu there, Nana will command the Nomu, and Nomu will cause as much damage as possible before the heroes show up and retreat. Then there was All Might's agency, he decided to take the mission himself, as a way to stick it to All Might. He predicted security would be lower than usual, as he planned his attack to be a few minutes after the attack on the HPSC, which means whatever hero remained there would probably be called to attend on defending the offices. His strategy would be the same as the one on the other attack, go, cause as much damage as possible and retreat. This was hit and run tactics; Izuku knew they wouldn't stand a chance in conventional battles, so they would have to adapt.

The only problem was that this strategy heavily depended on Kurogiri's quirk, which means if something happens to him, it was game over. He didn't want to risk everything like that. They needed another warper to guarantee if something happened to one, there would still be another one. Still, warp quirks were extremely rare, but Izuku had already succeeded in replicating some of AFO's quirks into his arm, so maybe he could do the same with Kurogiri's quirk. At last, he decided that it would be best if they formally presented themselves this time to the world. He would hack into all of Japan's tv companies and give a small message. With everything planned, he began to write it down and went to show it to AFO.

Izuku: Sensei, everything is planned.

AFO: Good, Izuku, let me read it.

After a few minutes, AFO gave his response.

AFO: You never cease to amaze me, boy, I approve, tell Nana to prepare herself, and tell Kurogiri to let you study his quirk. Also, I will provide you with all the needed material; good luck.

Izuku: Thanks, sensei, we will not let you down.

Meanwhile...

UA had suspended classes for a week to allow the 1A students to recover and also to buff their security. When they came back, everyone was still talking about the USJ battle.

Sero: Man, imagine if All Might and Titan didn't show up when they did.

Mineta: Shut up! Thinking about it makes me want to pee!

Tsuyu: Who do you think will be our homeroom teacher for now?

Izumi: I don't know, actually.

At that moment, the door opened, revealing a mummy.

Aizawa: Good morning, class.

Ejiro: Yeesh, sensei, are you alright?

Shota: Do you think he looks alright?

Tsuyu: Sensei, shouldn't you be resting now? Kero.

Aizawa: My well-being is not essential, I have a duty, and I will do it.

Ejiro: Wow, you are too much of a pro but so manly!

Aizawa: Anyways, sit down. I have something to tell you.

The students did as told, and Aizawa went to the podium.

Aizawa: Your fight is not over yet...

The whole class: 'MORE VILLAINS?!'

Aizawa: The UA Sports Festival is coming close.

The whole class: 'Just a normal school thing!'

Aizawa: The festival is in two weeks, you will have all of this days to prepare yourselves, you better give it your all, this time the pros have decided to extend the offer of internships to the first-year students, so you should make an impression as you will receive offers from them. This is your chance to show yourselves, give it your all, plus ultra! Homeroom dismissed.

Classes went on as usual, but everyone was pumped up for the festival, then lunch came, and when 1A tried to go out, they found quite a surprise.

Mineta: Wha-what is this?!

All of the other classes of the first year were there, blocking the entrance.

Tenya: What is your business with 1A?!

Katsuki: Isn't it obvious?

Katsumi: They are scouting the competition. We were the ones who survived the villain attack after all.

The Bakugos: Out of our way extras!

???: Oh my, I came to see how the hero course students were, and I have to say I am disappointed. Are all hero course students so full of themselves?

All of 1A turned around to what seemed like a purple Aizawa.

???: I am Shinso Hitoshi from 1C, Gen Ed course, you know most of us Gen Ed kids are there because we failed the hero course exam, but UA gives us a chance to transfer if we do good on the sports festival, but that means one of you will fall, I came here to make a declaration of war, as I will throw you off your high stand!

As he said that, he turned around and left.

???: Hey, I am Tetsutetsu from 1B, heroics course, don't get so full of yourselves because you fought villains! I will crush you!

???: Yes! I am Neito Monoma, also from 1B. We will crush you 1A, I came to see how you were, and to me, you are just some prideful, arrogant bastards who think highly of themselves because you fought some villains.

Izumi: You don't know anything...

Monoma: Oh, if it isn't the daughter of All Might! You are probably the most arrogant of them all! You more than likely think we are beneath you because of your heritage!

Izumi: Shut up, you don't know anything...

Monoma: Oh, what did you say?!

Izumi: I said... SHUT UP!

This seemed to silence everyone, and Shinso, who heard Izumi's scream went back to see what was happening.

Izumi: Why... Why are you all judging us without knowing ANYTHING?! You think we wanted to be attacked by villains? You think we wanted to see our teachers spill blood for us?! Do you think all of us who almost died fighting wanted that? Do you think I wanted to see how my father thought villains whose only goal was to kill him? Tell me... Why do you believe that?... We all want to be heroes; we shouldn't be fighting like this. I think you should reconsider how you approach people you don't know, and not to judge before knowing...

With that, Izumi walked off to the lunchroom, her class following behind. As she was walking, she was then interrupted by someone.

???: HAHAHAHA, YOUNG IZUMI IS HERE!

Izumi: Dad? What's the matter?

All Might: Lunch, would you like to eat with me?

Izumi looked back to her classmates, just to see the nodding at her.

Izumi: Coming!

Izumi then went along with her father to a private room.

Toshinori: So I pulled you apart because there was something I wanted to tell you.

Izumi: What is it?

Toshinori: The UA sports festival is coming, as you know, and I wanted you to use this opportunity to tell the world, "I am here." In these turbulent times, people need hope. I need you to be their hope. The League and, by extension, your brother, are a sign of darkness in the future. I need you to be a sign of light, and want you to show everyone your light!

Izumi: D-dad - she said while letting out some tears

Toshinori: I know you can do it! Go, and do your best!

Izumi: Thanks, dad! I won't let you down!

With this, they began to eat lunch and share a simple father-daughter moment. Then classes ended, and the countdown had begun. Izumi used her time to train as much as she could. She wanted to excel at the sports festival, to show everyone she would be the one to carry her father's torch. The two weeks flew by quickly, and finally, the day had come. Izumi was stretching in the changing room when she heard someone call her out.

Shoto: Izumi... I know we are friends, but in this tournament, let's be rivals; I want you to go all out as so would I and let's see who is stronger!

(A/N: Here Shoto doesn't hate his father much; he is still a bit angry with him but not as much, as well as Shota)

Izumi: Yes!

???: Don't forget about us.

They then turned around and saw Katsuki standing in front of their classmates.

Katsuki: But don't get me wrong, I will be the one to beat you both!

At that moment, they were called to the stadium. There were thousands of spectators inside, and millions more watching from home. All of the first-year classes were present. Then Midnight was announced to be the host of the first-year games. She invited Izumi to come to the podium and give a speech as she was the first-year representative.

Izumi: I am here to wish everyone good luck in this competition, but that doesn't remove the fact that today we are also rivals. We all can reach the top, but today I vowed myself I would be number one! Not to inflate my ego, but to prove to everyone that I am worthy of being the greatest hero and of carrying the torch, I am the heir of... I have trained all my life for this. Now I am ready, I hope you are too. Many things have happened in my journey, some of which I didn't expect, but with the help of all of those who supported me, I continued, and that is why I am standing here today. To all of those who won't win today, don't give up! Stand up! And live to fight another day! Only then will you reach the top! Good luck, everyone!

The whole stadium erupted in cheers as Izumi walked off the podium. Then Midnight announced the first trial to be an obstacle course. Izumi place herself at the front of all the students as they have been gathered in front of a tunnel. Now she was just waiting for the countdown to finish.

Meanwhile, at the LOV's hideout...

Izuku sat in his room watching the tv in which the UA sports festival was being transmitted.

Izuku: Hmmm, excellent speech, sister, but I find it hard to believe you have changed at all...

At that moment, Nana came bursting through the door.

Nana: Everything is ready!

Izuku: Very good, then...

At that moment, the countdown for the beginning of the race ended and the airhorns symbolizing the beginning were blown.

Izuku and Izumi: Let the game begin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 9.9K 32
(Y/n) Midoriya was just like any other kid growing up in the world of heroes. He wanted to be just like them. so much so, his dream was to one day be...
109K 3K 65
(Y/N) (L/N) is living a normal life with a normal family. Nothing could have been more perfect. Except maybe... if that accident didn't happen. One...
77.7K 2.8K 30
๐ŸŒ™ ยกwill be under editing soon!๐ŸŒ™ โœจcompleted jan 2020โœจ โšก๏ธboku no hero acidamiaโšก๏ธ ๐ŸŒปcover by @doodlelotta on insta๐ŸŒป (Bnha/mha story) A boy no older...
860K 35.2K 130
Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his father. It was due to this interest in Quirk...