The Greatest Summer of My Life

By kedragneel

Since becoming a trainer, Red has become quite skilled in battle and has established close friendships with h... More

Intro from the author
Arrival at Professor Oak's summer camp
New Friends?
I got tagged
Nightlife
The Weekend
Rival Arrival
Down to the Watery Finish
Mixers and Hot Tubs
An Atrocious Day
A Mixed Night
Not Valentines?
Last Day of Love
Coming Together
In Heat
Party Troubles
Counseling
Family Time
Nature, Battles, and Bets
Tournament Time
Hard Fought Battles
The Long Night
A Special Event
The Time of Our Lives
Good Times, Bad Times
Dates and Pranks
All Out War
Inner and Outer Conflict
Rite of Passage
The Wild Side
Counselors At Last
Last Days of Summer
A Battle Royale Blast
In the Heat of Battle
Semi-final Intensity
Finals to Remember
Camp vs. Camp
Camp vs. Camp Part 2
Camp vs. Camp Part 3
Intermission: Time for a Battle
Teaching a Lesson
Camp vs. Camp Part 4
One Last Battle
Farewell Camp Oak

The Start of Something New

3.6K 27 35
By kedragneel

Finally, things were getting started. It was around 4:00 when official preparations began; Serena was in one of the buildings and her bridesmaids were helping her get ready, namely applying makeup and actually getting into her wedding dress. It was kind of a painstaking process but it was going to be well worth it. Everyone else was also getting changed into their dresses, suits, and whatnot for the evening trying to look their very best, especially the girls.

Ethan sat on the bed bored; he was as formally dressed as he could get, wearing a black button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up over a red undershirt and black pants. But Lyra was still in the process of getting ready, it felt like he had been waiting hours for her. Guess that's just part of the job description when you get involved with a woman. But the end result is totally worth it; "Alright Ethan, what do you think?" Lyra asked from the doorway.

Ethan was in awe of the beautiful woman standing before him. "Are you an angel?" Ethan asked.

Lyra giggled with a blush on her face. To know she was having this effect on Ethan was the best feeling in the world, it gave her a sense of pride. She walked over to him, "Well, I'm your angel at least," she said as she sat down straddling his lap.

Ethan wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a deep, loving kiss. He hugged her tight feeling her slim figure pressed up against him. If they weren't about to attend a wedding he without a doubt would've taken her right then and there.

Leaf was in her own cabin having just gotten dressed. She looked into the mirror and struck a small pose, she wore a sleeveless black dress that went a little over halfway down her thighs and black sandals. It was a look she did a lot when she was younger, she managed to draw quite a few eyes when she had first started her journey. Even after all these years, she felt good in this getup. If anything she felt like it had looked even better on her over time, now that she was grown up her curves were accentuated by the dress. She did a quick twirl before looking into the mirror one last time, "I'm all ready," she said.

Now over with Ash, Gary, and Brock. Ash stood in front of the mirror as Gary helped him get his tux fixed up. "Lookin' good Ashy Boy," he said, "like a gentleman."

"Thanks, Gary, you two Brock. You all are the best," Ash replied.

"Pika, Pi."

"No problem at all Ash. I'm happy to be here for you on your big day," Brock said.

"Alright, now Ash, let's get out there and get this thing going. As your best man, it's my responsibility to make sure you're where you need to be when you need to be there," said Gary.

"Haha, it's alright Gary, thanks for looking out for me," Ash said.

"It's what I do. Now let's move."

Just about everyone was outside now though not everyone was seated. Serena, Ash and a couple of the bridesmaids were the only ones who weren't out there. Red was just kinda standing there while he was waiting for Ash and Gary to come get him. He was one of Ash's groomsmen so he was dressed for the part; he was wearing a dark gray tux jacket (or whatever it's called) over a red button-up shirt and black tie and black dress pants. Red was not used to wearing something so formal so it felt weird and it was a little uncomfortable. But it was Ash's wedding so he was going to endure it. "Hi Red!"

Red turned around to find Leaf standing there smiling like the sun itself and he couldn't help but stare, she looked so beautiful in that dress. Luckily he managed to snap out of it pretty quickly. "Oh, h-hey Leaf," he stuttered, "what's up?"

"I just thought I'd say hi before the wedding. You're looking really handsome," Leaf said.

Red's brain nearly short-circuited, she really just said he looked handsome. He became a blushing mess as he struggled to find the words to say. "T-Thanks, Leaf, you look great too," he finally said.

Leaf blushed a little bit too and giggled, "Thank you Red."

In truth, she really did think he looked handsome. That suit fits him so well. Red and Leaf looked away from each other, their blushes never left their faces. "Alright everyone," Gary called as he and Ash walked out of the building, "we're all ready to go so take a seat and let's get this started!"

Everyone complied and went to find a seat. "Well, I guess that's my cue. I'll see you at the reception," Red said.

"OK, good luck up there," Leaf replied before leaving to take a seat. Red watched her for a few moments before disappearing to join the other groomsmen.

xxxxx

Finally, everything was getting started and the ambiance was amazing. The sun was going down so there was a beautiful display of warm colors illuminating the lake behind the altar, the lights on the altar combined with the white flowers and green vines interwoven into the altar and railing behind it all made for a picture-perfect scene. Everyone was waiting expectantly for the first people to come down the aisle. Professor Oak was the first to walk down the aisle, as the officiant of the wedding, it made sense that he went first. Then came Ash who was escorted by his mom. Delia could hardly keep the happy tears from flowing as she left Ash at the altar with Pikachu following and resting on her lap. Then the bridesmaids and groomsmen; they walked up in pairs, the best man and maid of honor Gary and Shauna, then the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, Brock and Dawn, Red and May, and Clemont and Korrina. Bonnie, the flower girl, was next, she gleefully dropped white rose petals down the aisle. Max looked at her in awe from the seats as she walked ahead, he had never seen anyone so pretty in his entire life. Max's staring earned him a teasing nudge from his dad and he looked down in embarrassment.

The bridal music started playing and Serena appeared at the end of the aisle being escorted by her mom. Ash could do nothing but stare; she was wearing a big white, elegant, strapless dress with a big pink bow that was tied to the back of her waist. To top it all off she was wearing a flower crown on her head that she had woven earlier. Everyone was marveling at how amazing she looked but none more so than Ash. Ash almost couldn't believe this was happening, how lucky can one guy be? Grace was wearing a dark blue somewhat glittery dress that suited her quite well. Grace gave him a bright smile as she handed off her daughter to him, Ash took her hands and the two lovingly gazed into each other's eyes, their moment was finally here.

"Good evening everyone. We all know why we're here but I still have to stick with the formalities. We are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Ash Ketchum and Serena Yvonne. Two souls that have been bound together since childhood," Professor Oak started.

Professor Oak continued to ramble on talking about the great things about love and whatnot. Everyone watched and listened to some varying reactions. Delia and Grace were trying their best not to cry at how much their little babies had grown up. Brock resisted the urge to break down in depression at the fact that Ash, the densest boy to ever walk the planet, was getting married to a beautiful woman and he still couldn't find anyone for himself. Most everyone else was proud, proud of the fact that Ash had not only grown up but was also getting married.

Leaf sat there listening and admiring the whole scene, the Kalos Queen and Kalos Champion were getting married right in front of her and it was a sight to behold. They both looked fantastic and they looked so happy. It was truly a time she would never forget. But despite all that, there was something else that had been on her mind. No matter what her focus would continuously shift back to the boy in red that had been her best friend. She meant it when she said he looked handsome, she didn't realize how much so until she really took the time to look at him. Everything about him looked so appealing. She almost couldn't take her eyes off of him. Her face turned bright red as she came to fully realize that she had been checking him out. She shook her head and turned her attention back to the altar just as Gary pulled out the rings.

"Now for the exchanging of vows. Ash Ketchum, do you take Serena Yvonne to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Professor Oak asked.

"I do," Ash replied.

"Serena Yvonne, do you take Ash Ketchum as your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," Serena replied

The two exchanged rings and the moment that they had been waiting for arrived. "With the power invested in me by the Kanto region, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," Professor Oak finished.

Ash and Serena didn't need to be told twice, they wrapped their arms around each other and pulled each other into a deep and passionate kiss. Everyone clapped and cheered in response, Ash and Serena never felt happier, as of now they are life partners. As they broke off the kiss they were hugged and congratulated by everyone starting with their mothers, Pikachu, Shauna, Gary, and so on.

Ash, Serena, Gary, Shauna, and the bridesmaids and groomsmen left the scene after that to have pictures taken. Leaf watched them as they walked away, but her focus once again moved towards Red. She still couldn't believe she was looking at him that way, why was it happening now? That was when it occurred to her, this wasn't the first time she looked at him like that. A memory flashed through her mind, it was the day she and Red took the lifeguard test when that Gyrados attacked them. When she saw his shirtless for the first time, she liked what she saw and when he battled Gyarados he looked so cool and so very attractive. As she thought about it more she realized just how much she thought about him, even during their first days together a small part of her took notice of Red's looks. She couldn't believe she was being so blind to her own feelings, "Have I really felt this way the whole time?" she thought. 

There was no denying it, she really did have feelings for him. But what was she to do about it? Would Red feel the same way about her?

xxxxx

The wedding reception was underway. Dinner was the first matter of business; Brock, Cilan, and Clemont collaborated and cooked up a phenomenal dinner. With there being some big appetites in the room, there had to be a lot of food made. They didn't mind it though, they were more than happy to provide for everyone and the food was delicious. Ash, May, and Iris, in particular, ate a lot of food. It seems like some things never change. But Ash did show his maturity, his eating wasn't nearly as messy as it used to be. Delia was particularly pleased that Ash wasn't acting like a pig at his own wedding.

After dinner, it was time for cake. The cake was red velvet with cream cheese, 4 tiers, and it had many extravagant decorations on it. "Shove it in her face!" Ethan called out.

Ash and Serena looked at each other with Ash contemplating giving Serena a face-full. "Please don't," she said nervously.

Ash smiled warmly at her and looked at the slice of cake as a couple of plates were placed in front of him and Serena. Just as he was about to dig in, a hand grabbed the back of his head and pushed his face into the slice of cake. Ash shot back up shocked, his face covered in cake as everyone laughed at his expense. Ash took a napkin and started wiping his face off and looked behind him to see who the perpetrator was. No surprise it was Gary freakin' Oak and he was laughing his butt off. "Gary!" Ash yelled.

"What? You never said you didn't want it and Serena clearly wasn't going to do it. The opportunity was too good to pass up," he said with a smile.

Ash let out a sigh and looked back at him with a friendly smile, he wasn't pleased that it happened but it was all in good fun.

After cake, music started playing indicating it was time to dance for everyone that wanted to. May was the first to jump at it dragging Brendan up with her and the two danced like they had done it for years. Other people soon joined in, mainly couples like Clemont and Korrina and Ethan and Lyra. Other people like Tracy and Misty and Shauna and Tierno also hit the dance floor together, even Max shyly asked Bonnie to dance with him. Bonnie fully expected Clemont to make a joke or give her a teasing grin but instead, he and Korrina gave them approving looks. As much as Clemont enjoyed teasing her after her countless attempts to get him a girlfriend, he was happy that she found someone for herself and Bonnie was happy and grateful in return.

Everyone was having a lot of fun. Those who weren't dancing were sitting around talking and watching the others dance. Red was among those watching, for whatever reason he found himself watching Bonnie and Max have their dance. As the two finished, they gazed into each other's eyes both thinking how beautiful/handsome the other was. Then out of nowhere Bonnie quickly leaned in and kissed him quickly before pulling back. Max's eyes were wide open as he gazed back at Bonnie and Bonnie looked back at him shyly blushing bright red. Max managed to pull himself together and blushingly smiled in return, Red couldn't hear the bit of conversation that ensued but saw the two walk out of the dance area hand in hand.

There was so much love in the air. All the established couples looked so happy to be in love; Brendan and May looked like they were in total bliss, Ethan and Lyra were having a lot of fun dancing together, and Ash and Serena were the happiest people in the entire room. The two were practically radiating joy. You'd have to be blind to not notice the sparks developing between some of Ash and Serena's other friends. Misty and Tracey were enjoying their dance, the way the two looked into each other's eyes was a clear indication of the deeper feelings present. Shauna and Tierno seemed to be having the most fun dancing out of everyone on the dancefloor, just like with Misty and Tracey you could see something deeper between them. There was, of course, Bonnie and Max, even Norman and Caroline were reminiscing on and reliving their wedding.

All this love and Red still had no one to love him...

Red's heart ached so much. He turned his eyes to Leaf who was sitting a couple of tables away happily chatting up Dawn, Iris, Brock, and Cilan. She looked so beautiful, that dress complimented her figure in every way imaginable. He wanted to hold her, to love her, to kiss her, but she was still so out of reach.

Out of the corner of his eye, Red saw a head peek through the entrance to the dining hall. It was a girl roughly his age but it wasn't anyone he had ever seen before. The girl looked around probably to make sure no one could see her and motioned for someone else to follow her. The girl stepped in and two others followed her in, all three of them were dressed really nice. Red figured them out pretty quickly, "Looks like we've got some wedding crashers, they must be from Hill Valley," he thought as he stood up from his seat.

"This is so great," one of them swooned.

"Yeah, now where's the champion. I bet he looks so hot in a tux," said another.

"Ooh, there he is," the third girl pointed.

The other girls looked in the direction she was pointing and grew excited when they saw Ash. "Wow, he is cute," one of the girls swooned.

"He's not exactly Steven Stone but I could definitely go for some of that," the other side girl said.

"Oh yes, this is gonna be a great night," the main girl said.

"Excuse me."

The girls looked to find Red looking at them with a serious expression. "Who are you guys?" Red asked.

The girl thought for second before speaking up, "Uh, we're here for the wedding, we're the champion's cousins."

Red looked at them incredulously, "his cousins?"

"Yeah, that's right. Now if you'll excuse us."

The girl tried to walk past him but Red put a hand on her shoulder to stop her. "That's funny because I know for a fact Ash and I don't have any cousins," Red said.

The girls looked at him surprised, "Ash and I? You're the champion's brother?" one of the other girls asked.

"That's right. Now I'm gonna let you guys spoil his big day so get lost," Red said pushing her back.

Red fully expected them to put up a fight or do something drastic but instead, the girls looked at him for a moment before giving him a look of contempt. "You're really his brother?" the main girl asked. It was at this point that Professor Oak became aware of the situation.

"Yes, now get out."

"Pfft, no wonder he's the one getting married and not you," the main girl said.

Red was taken aback and hurt by the words that just came out of her mouth. Now Leaf, Delia, Professor Oak, and some of the others became aware of the situation. "W-What's that supposed to mean?" asked Red.

"I mean you're not much to look at at all. You don't even compare to most normal guys. I can't imagine anyone would ever love someone like you."

I can't imagine anyone would ever love someone like you. It felt like they just stuck a knife in his heart, Red was at a complete loss for words. He tried to speak but he couldn't, he was too shocked and hurt by the statement to form a coherent sentence. Everyone else who was witnessing this play out were also left shocked by those words. Ethan really wanted to go up to the girl and knock her out. That was when Professor Oak decided to step in, "Alright I've seen enough," he said firmly, "Whatever you ladies hope to achieve by coming here, it won't happen. This is a special day to be enjoyed with friends and family and you girls are neither, now leave before we make you."

The girl wanted to make a sassy comeback but she realized it wasn't going to change anything, now they weren't going to enjoy the champion's wedding. She turned her attention to Red and her temper flared, "Thanks for ruining our night you stupid f***!" she cursed before slapping him hard across the face. The three girls stormed out of the building.

Everyone who saw cringed at how hard he was hit. Leaf actually flinched as it happened. Red held his hand up to the side of his face trying to ease the sharp sting left behind. But as bad as it hurt, his heart was hurting so much worse. Those words echoed continuously through his mind, the more those words replayed the more his heart broke into tiny little pieces. His face fell showing a pained and heartbroken expression, he tried to hide it with his hand covering his face but it was crystal clear how much that girl's words got to him. Leaf was able to see the hurt expression on his face and her heart broke instantly.

Still trying to hide the ever-growing pain, Red turned and walked towards the entrance. Delia ran up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Red, are you OK sweetie?" she asked worriedly.

Red tried his best to hide it, putting on a fake smile as he looked back towards his mom. "Y-Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," he said trying to sound OK, "I'm just...I'm just gonna go get some air...yeah...I-I'll be back in a bit..."

And with that, Red left the building, his head hung low the whole way. Delia held a hand up to her chest, she couldn't believe somewhat could say something so horrible to him. "Geez, what bunch of stuck-up jerks," Dawn said. Leaf didn't say anything, her heart hurt for Red, she couldn't understand why somebody would say those things to him.

"That was so low," Lyra said with disdain.

Ethan didn't respond and stared at the doorway. After contemplating things, he decided he was done standing on the sidelines. He needed to do something. He walked over to Leaf, "Hey Leaf," he said getting her attention, "There's something you should know."

xxxxx

Blue was sitting with Gary at one of the tables discussing their latest exploits. "Good to hear research is going good, how's it going with the ladies?" he asked.

"Well, to be honest, I've been really busy lately. Besides, it seems like all the pretty girls have been in short supply lately," Gary replied.

"Well then, if you've got time you should come by here when the rest of the camp is around. There are some real cuties around HEEERE!" Blue cried as he felt someone dragging him out of his seat by the ear.

He was surprised to find it Leaf pulling on him and she was looking less than pleased. "We need to talk," she said firmly.

"Ow, can't you see I'm busy?"

"I don't care, move it!"

Leaf dragged him off until they were on the outside deck of the dining hall. "Oww, geez woman what?!" Blue said clutching his ear.

"I want you to tell me something, did you write that song for me?" Leaf asked.

"What?"

"The song you sang for me on Not Valentine's day, did you write it?" she asked firmly.

"Uh yeah."

"Did you really?"

"Yes Leaf, I wrote it for you. I poured my heart into that song."

"Dang it Blue stop lying to me!" Leaf snapped.

Blue was taken aback by her outburst, he never thought he could see such a happy-go-lucky girl get so mad. "Ethan said you stole it from Red, is that true?"

Blue growled in annoyance, "OK fine, yes I snatched it off of him. Red threw it away after Ethan and Lyra read it out loud so I jumped at the opportunity. It's his own fault for chickening out."

"My gosh you are so cheap," said Leaf.

"Hey you still went out with me," said Blue, "It accomplished what it was supposed to."

"And you're fine with the fact that you stole someone else's work to achieve it?"

"He threw it out, it's free real estate at that point."

Leaf stayed silent for a moment and in an unusual act of aggression kneed Blue hard in the balls. Blue groaned loudly and staggered until he supported himself on the guard rail, "What was that for?" he groaned.

"That was for lying to me. And THAT'S," she said kicking him in the balls again, sending him down to his knees, "for everything else."

Blue could do nothing but groan in pain as he clutched his balls. Leaf scoffed and turned away and walked back inside.

She couldn't believe him; that love song, the sole reason she stayed with him as long as she did, wasn't even his. Now she had fully seen the real him, the nice guy he was when they first met, the good boyfriend was all an act. He hadn't done much compared to others she knew but it was more than enough, she could understand why Red wasn't friends with him.

Red...

At the thought of him, all the anger she was feeling towards Blue melted away. Red was the true author of that song, he was the one who said those things about her. Yet another memory flashed through her mind, this one was of the day her former roommates pulled that cruel prank on her. She never thought that he had the capacity to get that angry, it seemed so unlike him. Now it all seemed so clear, all those days, those moments they shared together were so special. But more than anything he was special. She held a hand up to her heart and smiled to herself.

"Hello? Check, we good?" Gary suddenly said over the microphone, "Alright cool. The maid of honor and I would like to propose a toast to the couple of the hour." Those who were still dancing sat down in their seats.

"Ash, I admit considering how dense you've always been I thought you might not ever get a girlfriend. But it turns out it just took the right person to break you out of that shell and I couldn't happier for you. Best of luck in your new life together."

Then it was Shauna's turn to speak, "Serena, you have been my best friend ever since you moved to Vaniville Town. I've seen you grow and change so much throughout the years, but it was when you were with Ash that I saw you change the most. You've really found yourself a great guy. Those are hard to come by these days, so you hold onto him with everything you have," she said that last part with a wink.

Ash and Serena looked at their best friends happily as they and everyone else clapped. Gary held up a glass of champagne, "I'd like you all to join me in wishing the new Mr. and Mrs. Ketchum all the wealth, happiness, and everything else in the world. To the bride and groom."

Everyone did the clinking thing with their classes and sucked them down before Gary spoke again. "Alright now Ash boy, we've shown our skills on the dance floor so now it's your turn to take your lovely wife up here and have your dance."

So Ash stood up and took Serena's hand and lead her to the dance floor. Ash was notorious for having no rhythm so they were curious to see how he handled it this time around. As the two reached the dancefloor, the song Marry Me by Train started playing through the speakers. "Ready?" Ash asked.

"Of course," Serena replied, "you remember when we were traveling and we went to that dance party?"

"Yeah, Miette was quite a handful," Ash laughed sheepishly.

"I remember that night I wanted to dance with you so badly. I couldn't believe how bad my luck was when it ended right as we were about to dance."

Ash placed a hand around her waist and took her hand back into his, "I'll make up for that right now."

Serena smiled sweetly at him as the two started their slow dance. The girls looked on in adoration at the beautiful scene before them, they had no idea Ash could be so graceful. Leaf watched the scene with a soft smile, but she wasn't going to be sticking around for it. She silently slipped away from everyone else and exited the building.

xxxxx

Red sat on the steps of the altar staring sadly at the ground. The altar was still illuminated by all the lights so everything looked beautiful, but he didn't care to notice. Red was too sad to care about much of anything. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me", that is the biggest lie that's ever been told. Even if she was just saying it to be nasty, that girl's words cut Red deep. He couldn't stop those thoughts from becoming the reality within his head. So much doubt flowed through his mind, what if what she said was true? What did he really have to offer? The girl said he didn't even compare to normal guys if he really is that bad looking then how could he ever hope to find someone to love him?

The tiny remaining pieces of Red's heart continued to crack and split. He was hurting so much, the only other time he felt like this was when Leaf got together with Blue. 

Leaf...

All this time, it seemed like the world kept finding ways of keeping them apart. Leaf was the most amazing girl he had ever met, girls like her are extremely rare and any man would kill to get with someone like her. Maybe that's why he isn't with her. Why did he think he ever had a chance with her? He had been such a fool.

Red rested his face in his hand so that it was shielding his eyes. He was trying so hard not to let tears fall, if he did then they may not stop. Had it not been Ash's wedding he would've gone to his cabin and just wasted away in his bed.

He was so caught up in the negative emotions that he didn't notice someone approaching him. "Red?"

He glanced up to find the person that had just been occupying his thoughts. "Are you OK?" she asked.

Red couldn't even answer and just looked back down. "I don't blame you, I'm sorry about those girls," she said.

"It's not your fault Leaf," Red replied.

Leaf sat down next to him. Red did notice she sat unusually close to him, having her that close to him felt good but that part of his mind kept telling him that nothing would ever change between them. If only he knew what was going through Leaf's mind.

Leaf sat there silently and a soft smile and slight blush formed on her face. "So...Ethan was telling me some stuff," she finally said a little nervously.

The way she sounded when she said that felt like the times when his mom found out embarrassing stuff about him, he was a little afraid of where this conversation was going. "What kind of stuff?" Red asked.

"That...that you were the one who wrote that song about me."

Red's eyes flew open wide, so Ethan let the cat out of the bag. Red's face flushed red and he looked down with a nervous and embarrassed expression. "Y-Yeah, I did..."

"Do really mean those things you said? Do you really think that?" Leaf asked hopefully.

"I-I've always thought that," Red replied nervously, "Always, ever since I met you."

Red had doubts in his mind but he needed to press on, he had to tell her. "For a long time, I was so isolated from the world. I didn't think people had anything fo me. But then you came into my life and everything became so much brighter. I can't even begin to tell you how much I've treasured the time I spent with you, laughing, having fun. I've never...I've never met anyone like you, Leaf. I mean it when I say you are the kindest, most beautiful woman I've ever met."

Leaf stared at him awestruck by everything he just said, her cheeks were flushed bright red. Red turned back to face the ground, it felt so good to get that off of his chest. "Leaf, if you don't feel the same way I understand...I never...I didn't think," Red gave up trying to speak and sighed.

Leaf snapped out of that trance and looked at him with a soft smile. She then wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a hug pulling his head into the crook of her neck and resting her head against his. Red blushed lightly and wrapped his arms around her in return. "How could I not feel the same way?" asked Leaf, "You're the greatest guy I've ever met."

Red quickly lifted his head up and found Leaf looking at him with a bashful smile and a deep blush on her face. Was he dreaming? Did she really just say that?! He couldn't believe it, it was surreal. Then both of their minds shifted to something they both wanted to do; they slowly leaned in and shared a kiss.

It was a long kiss, the two kept their lips pressed together not wanting this feeling to end. But soon they needed to breathe and had to break it off. They looked into each other's eyes in awe of the wonderful feeling they just experienced, their faces were flushed red and their hearts were beating out of their chests. The two got big smiles on their faces before they dove back in for more.

This time the kiss was shorter but they didn't let it end there, they kissed over and over and over again. Red and Leaf wrapped their arms tightly around each other as their kisses became more forceful. Red couldn't even begin to describe the joy he was feeling after so much waiting and disappointment he was finally here kissing her. All the doubt, all the sadness he felt just minutes ago had melted away. It was unlike anything he had ever felt before, her lips were so soft and moist, he felt like he was going to have a heart attack.

Leaf was also loving this, this wasn't the first time she had felt it but this time it felt so much stronger. She felt with Red what she didn't feel with Blue. She felt his love for her, he oozed of it, it embraced her like the snuggest blanket. She was in heaven.

10 minutes went by and the two never stopped kissing. In that time, nothing else existed, not the wedding, not the wedding crashers, not Blue, it was just them and this wonderful feeling. But something in the back of Red's mind alerted him to the fact that a wedding was still happening and he as a groomsman was not there for it so he ending their heavenly make-out session. They stared at each other lovingly as they caught their breath. "Wow," Red said causing Leaf to giggle.

"I guess we should get back, there is still a wedding going on."

"Yeah, I guess so," Leaf said.

Red released her and the two stood up and walked back to the dining hall hand-in-hand. As they got back, Ash was just finishing a dance with Delia and everyone clapped and wooed. Red turned to Leaf and took both of her hands, "I just realized I haven't officially asked you out," he said sheepishly.

Leaf giggled, "It's OK, I think that was more than enough to start us up."

"Maybe but still, I should do it properly. So Leaf...will you go out with me?"

Leaf let go of his hands and wrapped her arms around his neck, "I'd love too," she said softly.

The two gazed into each other's eyes for a moment before they dove in for another kiss. "Oh my goodness, just when I thought this day couldn't get any better!"

Leaf and Red turned surprised and found Delia looking fondly at them. "Uhhh mom," Red said embarrassed.

"Don't worry I won't make a big deal out of it. I just want you to know I'm so happy you finally got a sweet, beautiful girl for yourself. And I'm happy you're feeling better after what those girls said to you," Delia said sweetly.

Leaf blushed a little and twirled her hair in her fingers, "Thank you, Mom," said Red.

"Of course sweetie, you two have fun now."

Delia then walked away and Red then noticed Ethan looking back at them with a smile. He gave Red a thumbs up, "I guess I owe you now, Ethan," thought Red.

Out on the main floor, Serena stood in the open area with the bouquet in her hands. Behind her were most of the ladies, it was time for the bouquet toss. Serena wound up a couple of times before chucking it over her head. The girls were quick to grab for it but it was quickly claimed and the catcher was May. May cheered in celebration while the others congratulated and clapped for her. Gary nudged Brendan in the side, "The pressure's on now Brendan. What are you gonna do?"

"Uhhh well...we'll cross that bridge soon enough," Brendan replied.

Ash joined Serena at her side and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into a kiss prompting another cheer from everyone. Red wrapped an arm around Leaf's waist and pulled her close as they stood by. What an amazing day for the Ketchum family this turned out to be.

Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllright another chapter is finally done and BOY is it long. I tried to break it down a little bit but I couldn't do that without the second part being too short. OK maybe I could've I just have a certain word limit I try to stay at for each chapter. I know this is a lot to take in but what do you think, given how long this one was I'm sure there are a few errors, feel free to tell me. A little constructive criticism is always welcome. So yeah, what did you all think of it? I would really appreciate it if you gave me a review. Have a good day y'all, God Bless :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 194 45
When Ash Ketchum moves from the Kanto region to Kalos he was immediately excited, but what he got may be alot better than expected... or is it? He me...
83.4K 2.2K 200
Five boys. Five girls. All have a talent for music and sound. Find out what happens when these two groups clash together to find out who is best. ...
13.6K 504 37
May has an experience with two new friends whom mysteriously disappear several days after their encounter. Though she still wonders about what had ha...
11.5K 226 20
Genre: Fanfiction/Romance May Maple has a secret that no one outside of her family, knows. One day her secret illness gets worse and needs to be cur...