Dominating Alphas

By 4everAloneAnAwkward

[Highest # in Werewolf: 5; Highest # in Teen Fiction: 8] Being forced into an arranged marriage sucks. Being... More

Sorta Important...
Prologue
This Is How It Started
How My Life Became Hell
Where I Say No But End Up Doing It Anyway
Hell Continues
Meeting Him
Meeting Her
Big Mistake
I'm Gonna Kill You
The Aftermath
The Death of Jason Stone
The Meeting (Part 1)
The Meeting (Part 2)
Eating and Awkward Conversations
I Have No Idea
It's A Date
Kisses
The Bringer of Bad News
Fuck the Stone Boys
School is NOT Cool
Moving In
Attack
I'm Sorry
The Stupidest or the Smartest
She Explains
Not-So-Happy Birthday
STUFF
Time With Archer
Her Mom
IDon'tKnowWhatToNameThisChapterSoThisIsNowTheName
And So We Fought
Alas, 'Tis the End of Our Journey
Bonus: The Wonderful POV of Jason Stone

And It Was Going So Well Too

209K 6.9K 1.3K
By 4everAloneAnAwkward

Michaels POV

I woke up with a gasp and an aching pain in my wrists, ankles, and head. So much for a birthday party. Though they got the bash part pretty good, as my head pulsed again. I groaned when I saw they were bound up in silver.

Damn, I thought. I tried to speak to my wolf, but I couldn't hear anything. When I surveyed the room I was in, I couldn't see past the darkness. Inhaling, I wrinkled my nose in disgust when I caught a whiff of blood.

Taylor! Using the mind link, I tried to reach her. Can you hear me? Mom? Dad? Anyone?!

"So," Someone emerged from the shadows. His voice of raspy, but still deep. "You're finally awake." I couldn't make out his face or his exactly where he was, but I snarled where I thought the voice was coming from.

"Who the hell are you? Let me out of these damn chains so I can kill you." I frowned when my voice came out as a wheeze and sounded weak.

"Oh," the voice chuckled menacingly. "I don't think I will."

God, that scared me. But not as much as Jason's (and Taylor's) potential wrath if I didn't return soon.

Taylor's POV

I tried calming down, I really did. But I couldn't.

Michael was, was gone. I had searched every inch of both my territory and the Midnight Wood's territory, but I couldn't find him.

I need him. Ever since I was eight, I had always depended on Michael Griffin. The blonde boy stuck to me like a barnacle when I first moved in when I was six, but I didn't let him in 'til two years later. After that, he was my rock. I am who I am today because of him.

I felt bad when I lashed out on Grayson, but I couldn't help it. I panicked. Michael was everything to me and I couldn't lose him.

Breathing hard, I stopped running and part of my brain registered that I was in front of my home. My real home. With the Griffins. John had gone to fight, so he was probably still with the Midnight Woods' members. Margaret, however, was home and rushed out to greet me.

"Taylor!" I let myself relax in her mother-like embrace and I inhaled her familiar scent. "How are you? Where are the boys? Are you hurt? Hungry?" I slowly looked up at her and her eyes widened. She knew something was up.

"Taylor, dear, what's wrong?" She asked, her voice laced with worry.

"Michael's gone."

~

"Here's what's gonna happen," my voice rang with absolute authority through the meeting room. After deep, calm breaths and some smashing, I calmed down and formulated a plan to find Michael. I was certain the rogues had somehow been able to kidnap him. Now, we just had to get him back.

"Delta Tran," I pointed to the burly man in the corner. "you'll be going with Beta John. Search the east side of the last known stakeout of the rogues'. Everyone else, make sure you're with at least two others and check west and north. I'll be in the southern side. Everybody clear on the plan?"

"What about you?" John asked.

I shook my head. "I'll be fine. Just go." They nodded and I sent them off. Once everyone was gone, the full impact hit me and I steadied myself, gripping the table.

All of a sudden, I felt his presence. Not bothering to look up, I whispered, "I'm sorry." He came closer but stayed at a respectable distance. I squeezed my eyes shut and drunk in his addicting scent.

"I, I shouldn't have...hurt you like that...I was just...frustrated, I-I can't lose Michael...he's, he's...," Without waiting for me to finish, Grayson scooped me up into his arms and I buried my head into the crook of his neck, the tears falling freely now.

"Ssh, sweetheart, it's okay. Everything's gonna be alright," he assured me, rubbing my back. I sagged against him and he held me up without any effort. I wrapped my arms around him and nodded.

"Okay," I sniffled. He kissed my forehead and slowly sat down on the couch. Grayson laid me out so I was sitting on his lap with my legs stretched out and I was resting against his chest. I listened to his heartbeat and he held me tighter.

~

Grayson's POV

Oh my god, I'm holding her.

I can hear you being sappy from a mile away, Collins. A voice deadpanned.

Get out of my mind, Stone!

Find my fucking mate and I will.

Christ, I didn't even think of that. Jason and his mate just reconciled and to have him ripped away like that must've been killing him inside.

We'll get him back to you as soon as possible, Jay. I promise.

He didn't reply, but I knew he got my message.

~

Taylor's POV

"Taylor?" Grayson said in a hushed tone. "I've got to tell you something."

"Hmm?" I smartly replied. He was so warm. Like, like...a microwaved burrito.

"Taylor, I've been meaning to tell you since we first met..." He was soft too. Cuddly. Like a squishy marshmallow. I buried my head into his chest.

I like marshmallows, I thought. I like them a lot.

"Taylor, I'm your--" My breathing gradually became deeper and I was soon asleep.

~

Grayson's POV

I sighed at the sleeping figure in my arms. Here I was confessing that I was her soul mate, and what does the girl do? She falls asleep.

Only you, Taylor, only you.

"I don't really know what's going on," a new voice said. A tall man entered the room, his whole aura screaming power. His dark eyes were piercing as they held my unwavering gaze. "but may you please explain to me why you're holding my daughter in your arms?"

~

Taylor's POV

I groaned as I cracked open my eyes. I rolled over to find out I was in my old bedroom. When I still lived with my dad.

Where's Grayson? I wondered. I stretched as I got up. What happened? I vaguely remember something about burritos and marshmallows. What time is it? I looked out the window and saw it was still night time.

Michael.

His name shot through me like a bullet and I gasped, slapping a hand over my mouth. I was the worst person in the world. Here I was thinking about food and time while my brother was out there somewhere.

I swiftly dressed in my hunting outfit and raced out the door.

"Taylor? Where are you going?" I paused at the entrance. Turning around, I saw my dad behind me.

"Dad?" My confusion was immediately masked with one of indifference and boredom. "What do you want?" I asked, my voice even.

He raised an eyebrow at my sudden change but didn't speak of it. "I was just wondering where you were off to at such a late hour?" I rolled my eyes at his response.

Yeah, like you really care.

"If you must know," I coldly replied. "I was about to go and search for Michael."

"Michael? Who's Michael?"

"Your Beta's only child. His son," I seethed, clenching my fists.

He waved it off in an uncaring manner. "That's none of your concern. Your responsibility is here." I gaped. I knew my dad was cruel, but I didn't think he was this...rude.

" 'None of my concern'? " My voice came out no more than a whisper. I narrowed my eyes at the man standing before me. " 'None of my concern'? IF THIS ISN'T MY CONCERN, NO DAMN THING IS!" His eyes snapped up to mine, full of anger. I stepped forward so we were eye-to-eye. I bared my teeth at him and he involuntarily took a step back. Realizing his mistake, he stepped forward again.

"Taylor, you are the future Alpha. You don't need to lower yourself to search for someone beneath you." His dark eyes pierced mine and his apathetic tone made the burning rage in me erupt.

"Shut up! Michael is in every way my equal! If anything, he's worth even more than me! He and his family have given me unconditional care, attention, and love when I needed it the most - when you were never there!" I burst. "He's stayed with me even when I've done my best to push him away. And he may be the most annoying, persistent, stubborn, boy I've ever met, but he's everything to me! He's - he's the reason I'm still here - he's my family, and he loves me for me an-and I need him. I love him because he's my family, and he loves me." By the end of my speech, I was panting and with each word, my voice got louder. I cast my eyes downward as I ended quietly, "Unlike you." I briskly turned and stalked out, leaving my father gaping.

"Taylor!" I groaned and rubbed my temples. At this rate, I'll never find Michael. I opened an eye to find Grayson walking towards me.

"What?" I snapped. He seemed taken back at my sudden mood change and he hesitated when he spoke.

"I...just wanted to...never mind." His face fell and he turned to leave.

No, my wolf pleaded. Let him stay, please.

Surprised at my wolf's unusual request, I complied. Besides, I felt unnervingly empty without him next to me.

Weird, I observed.

"Wait! Gray!" He stopped and looked at me hopefully. I smiled. "You..wanna..go with me?" I softly offered. Grayson grinned and nodded. He wrapped an arm around my waist and I felt sparks where he touched me. Heat rose to my cheeks and I ducked my head, embarrassed. We started walking to the forest, and a comfortable silence rested upon us.

"Taylor?" Grayson's pained voice cut through the quietness. I peered up at him and saw a frown etched on his handsome face.

Handsome, eh? My wolf's coy voice had me blushing. I chose to tune her out and focus on Grayson instead.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you really...hate me?" Grayson wouldn't look me in the eye and he took his arm away. The warmth was gone and I frowned, wanting his arm back. I acted upon this desire and grabbed his hand.

"Hey," I glared, putting his arm around my stomach. "It's cold. And yes. I do hate you."

"What?" He removed his arm. Again. I scowled, irritated. "I said I was sorry!"

"And?" I raised an eyebrow and snatched his hand. This time, I threw my arm around his waist, then put his arm around my waist. Grayson tried extracting it once more, but I snarled at him and he stopped. Obviously exasperated, he sighed and pouted at me. I froze as my eyes were drawn to his lips.

What's wrong with me?

"Taylor," his rich, baritone sent shivers down my spine. "I really am sorry." He tugged me against his chest and buried his head into the crook of my neck. "Forgive me?" When he spoke, he blew warm breath on my collarbone. I shut my eyes, enjoying the feeling. His distinctive, earthy scent enveloped me and I inhaled deeply.

"Taylor?" Grayson's voice interrupted my thoughts. I opened my eyes to see a pair of midnight blue ones in front of me.

"Huh?" I was distracted by the strand of hair that fell upon his forehead. My hands itched to push it back.

"Do you forgive me?" He leaned down even closer, until his face was just a hair's width away. His minty breath fanned my face and I had the sudden urge to see just how close we could get.

"Mm-hmm," I murmured, nodding my head, wishing to run my fingers through his hair and see if the pale, golden locks were as silky as they looked. He suddenly--to my displeasure--pulled away and grinned brightly, his stunning, white smile....well, stunning me.

"That's great!" He breathed. Grayson pivoted on his heel and strolled off. Still in a daze, I tried clearing my mind to figure out what the hell just happened.

And why I couldn't decide whether to punch or kiss Grayson Collins.

That bumbling idiot, I fumed. What the hell did he do to my brain? I crossed my arms and stomped along-side him. He whistled joyfully, oblivious to my murderous mood.

All boys should just die, I darkly thought.

Out of nowhere, Grayson grasped my hand and drew me closer, so we were walking with me pressed against his side and his arm wrapped around me. I slowly smiled.

Never mind. They can live.

My wolf gave a faint chuckle.

~

We stopped after a few hours. So far, we had found nothing that could give us a clue as to where Michael was. Grayson sighed and ran his hand through his already tousled hair.

"I think we should stop, Taylor." I shook my head.

"No, we, I have to keep looking." Grayson's eyes softened at my tormented filled voice and I steeled my back. I refuse to seem weak in front of him.

"Taylor," Oh, gosh, why was his voice so beautiful? Why did it make me weak in the knees? Why, why am I feeling this way? Feeling a bit flustered, I took this moment to examine my nails. "Taylor," he tried again. I squinted really hard. Yep, I needed to cut my nails. "Taylor." All the patience was gone and was replaced by annoyance.

"Hmm?" I quickly glanced up and then went back to my nails. Without notice, my head was being lifted by one of his hands and I met his gaze.

"Taylor, we need to go back," he insisted. I scowled and shook my head.

"No, I can't stop--not until I find him." Grayson ran a hand down his face and pulled away. Part of me felt hurt at his unexpected withdrawal.

"Damn it, Taylor, it's already five in the morning! You need rest!" I stubbornly refused and crossed my arms. He growled and his eyes slipped into its obsidian color.

He gripped my arm and started dragging me. "We're leaving, now." I glared at the back of his head and ripped myself away.

"You. Can't. Make. Me," I spat. My claws came out and I bared my canines at him, knowing my eyes had changed too.

"Yes. I. Can," he fought back. He snarled, revealing his elongated teeth. "We're going back, Taylor, whether you want to or not!" I growled back at him and took a step back, my eyes darting around, trying to find an escape. We were in the middle of a clearing in an unclaimed piece of land.

"Taylor! God damn it, can't you see I'm doing this for your own good?" He pulled his hair in aggravation.

"If you wanted to do something 'for my own good' you'd let me keep going!"

"NO!"

I narrowed my eyes and willed away my half-shift. "Watch me." Without warning, I began running.

"TAYLOR!" I kept running, the sounds of his footsteps growing fainter. We were both Alpha, but I've been training much longer. When I was sure I heard nothing, I gradually came to a stop. I squeezed my eyes shut.

Why does it hurt? I inquired. Why did I start to feel pain when I left him?

My wolf was stunned. I, I don't know. The only thing I can come up with is that either you love him...or..., she trailed off.

Or what? I snapped, impatiently.

Or...Grayson could be our mate.

~Author's Note~

So. I'm sorry that I didn't update! Just been really busy! Okay, just been really lazy. Whatever.

Now, I know some of you guys hate Taylor, but you gotta understand; she's had a tough life, she's grown a hard shell, shielding her from all feelings and whatever mushy shit! So...deal. Type #toughgirl if you agree! Lol, "tough girl" the initials are "T.G." which is TAYLOR'S initials. Taylor Gale. XD Total coincidence.

I love you all! Song to the side is "Let Me Love You" by Ne-Yo! Totally explains Gray! ^.^ Yeah, it's sad...I'm falling in love with one of my own O.C.'s TnT WHY CAN'T YOU BE REAL?????

Pic of the actor who I thought would best play Archer! He's so cute! ^.^

Dedicated to xX_Keriana_Xx! She made me THREE covers you guys, THREE! THANK YOU!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 167K 53
They call them enforcers-They are the ones that come in and clean up when laws have been broken. They are the most feared and strongest of us. They w...
12.1M 360K 41
[HIGHEST RANK #1 in WEREWOLF 14/10/2016] A girl who had been on the run for eight years had no intention to stop now and having a mate was not someth...
524K 6.3K 33
There's no escaping love when you've found your mate. Amelia Whitlock knows that for sure. But what happens if, that so called mate of hers, was her...
647K 21.9K 59
In a world where werewolves no longer have fated mates, Blake wants someone who she knows will be there for her unconditionally. But she also wants h...