Meeting Her

Grayson's POV

 I tore into the punching bag in front of me, using my powerful jaws to rip it apart. I had already destroyed thirty so far, but I still had some remaining adrenaline left in me.

Before I could start on number thirty-one, I heard the doorbell ring and my wolf and I growled in irritation.

"JASON! GET THE DOOR!" I shouted as I shifted back, throwing on some basketball shorts.

I heard his muffled response from upstairs, "No way, man! You're closer and I'm busy! Get it yourself!" If anyone other than my father and Jason said that, I would have killed them right then and there.

"Lazy ass," I muttered.

"I HEARD THAT," he shouted.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO," I yelled back.

I left my gym and made my way to the door, wanting to tell off the idiot who interrupted me. But, as soon as I was near the door, my wolf started freaking out, howling and trying to take over.

Calm down, I screamed. But, he ignored me and continued howling. I growled myself as I heard the doorbell ring again.

"HOLD ON!" I yelled. I marched right up to the door and flung it open. When I did, my wolf went ballistic.

Her scent hit me first. It was the most amazing smell I had ever smelled. It smelled like strawberries and mangoes mixed with vanilla and chocolate. The scent was so addicting, I had to restrain myself from burying my head into her neck and staying like that forever.

When I saw her, I stood there, frozen. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, and I've seen a lot of beauties before. Her long, straight, ebony-colored hair was held up high in a ponytail and barely grazed her waist. She was tall, only a few inches shorter than me with long, tanned legs partially on display with black basketball shorts.

Our shorts match, I thought pathetically, a bit flustered.

The girl was leaning against the door frame with an eyebrow raised and those full, light pink lips of hers in a frown. She had high, exquisite cheekbones with a natural blush upon them. When I saw her eyes, though, I practically gaped.

They were large and gave her an innocent look. Her eyes were framed with dark, thick and long eyelashes which contrasted to the lightness quite nicely. Her eyes were the lightest color I had ever seen before. It was almost white, but it was more like a silver with specks of a sort of teal blue in them. I looked her up and down. wanting to hold her, to press my whole body against her. To feel all those soft curves she had. The white V-neck T-shirt she was wearing wasn't helping either.

I must've not spoken for a while for the girl cleared her throat and asked, "Are you going to speak or just keep staring at me like some sex-deprived lunatic?" Although some part of my mind registered that that was an insult, I still didn't answer, entranced by her melodious voice.

Mate, my wolf howled in pure joy. Mate, she's our mate. Mine. Mine.

I shook my head again, trying to stop myself from actually saying mine out loud and thinking she was my mate? Clearing my own throat, I asked, "Who are you?"

She glared and I took note of how adorable she looked. "I should be asking that."

Unable to hold my wolf in any longer, I suddenly wrapped an arm around her small waist and pulled her close to me. I bent my down, burying my head into the curve of my neck. Inhaling her intoxicating scent, I murmured, "Mine."

She stiffened and then pushed me away. The girl had a furious expression and then asked, "What the hell?! Get off me, you pervert! Why would you do something like that?!"

I grinned and shrugged, crossing my arms, "Now, what do you want? And I should be asking that question because this is my house!"

She noticed the quick change of subject but thankfully went along. "And?" She asked, unimpressed. "I'm looking for Alpha Aaron, unless you're him, which I seriously doubt, you are of no use to me."

I glared, 'I'm of no use to her?' Doesn't she know I'm her fucking mate?

Ask her of her age, my wolf suggested. If she was younger than eighteen it would explain why she wasn't reacting to seeing her mate for the first time. If she was over eighteen and knew I was her mate, she must not care for me. I was terrified at the thought. She has to care.

"Tell me how old you are," I demanded.

The girl looked surprised, but shot back, "How old am I? How old are you? Thirty?"

I growled, What the hell? What's wrong with this girl? Why isn't she obeying me? And I'm eighteen, not thirty! Did I look old? It's the bags under my eyes, Christ, I should have listened to Jason about the cucumber face mask thing.

My wolf was getting mad too, Use your Alpha command.

"Let me try again," I glared, "how old are you?"

Her silver eyes widened and I smirked, now she'll obey me. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

Shocked, I could only stand there as she placed her hand on my chest and pushed me. She was quite strong and I stumbled back a few steps trying to ignore the heat on my chest where she touched.

"Wait," she continued, "who the hell do you think I am? Huh? Do you think you can just boss me around like some omega? You think I'd obey you--"

"Yes," I interrupted, pissed off. Mate or not, she will show me respect. "I am Alpha."

The girl glared daggers at me before chuckling coldly, "You're an Alpha? Well, so am I."

What the fuck.