I Have No Idea

Grayson's POV

"Why, the wedding of course."

Taylor froze for a millisecond before stiffening. Other than her clenched fist, she looked perfectly calm.

"Well, I'm ready whenever you all are," she breathed, quietly.

Make her happy! My wolf begged, sensing our mate's distress.

I don't know how! I sadly said.

"How's next week?" My father continued.

"Excuse me if I come off rude," Michael interrupted. "but are you nuts? Taylor is not getting married in a fucking week!"

I growled at Taylor's Beta, "Do not talk to my father, an Alpha, with that tone!"

"I'll speak any way I damn please if it involves Taylor!" He snarled back, standing up and slamming his fists on the table.

My dad, Jason, Jason's dad and I all stood and growled at Michael. Taylor shot out of her seat and bared her elongated canines.

"Sit down," she commanded, her eyes turning obsidian.

I found myself sitting back down and when I looked around, everyone else had sat down also. My eyes narrowed at Taylor, who was glaring right back at me.

What the hell? She can use Alpha commands on us? I asked, angrily.

Impossible, Jason said breathlessly.

If it's impossible, then how come she just did it? My father snapped. He never took to orders kindly.

"What did you do?" I barked at her. My wolf didn't like how I talked to our mate, but he was upset, too.

"I don't have to answer to you," she snapped. "Michael may not be an Alpha, but he was just looking out for my well being. He may have been a bit impolite, but that's my own fault. He's grown up always talking back to me and I never told him off."

"Well, you should have! No one can talk to an Alpha like that!" I shouted, my fists clenched.

"He talked back to me as a brother, not as a Beta," she was quick to defend him.

Jason's dad spoke up, "He should learn his place, then!"

"I will not treat others differently, or inferior to me, because I am an Alpha," Taylor replied, strangely calm. Her eyes had already turned back to its usual silver and her fists were no longer clenched. Michael was still standing, fuming beside her.

"The whole point of an Alpha is for others to treat you with respect! People look up to you for advise, leadership, for strength! Can they do that if you act as though you are someone without self-respect?" My dad retorted.

Taylor went around her chair, Michael following. Her gaze was cold and hard, her voice even.

"I know you think how I act and what I do as an Alpha is wrong. Different. But that's my problem, not yours. Come, Michael, I think we've overstayed our welcome." Taylor and Michael began to leave, but before they could reach the door, Taylor spoke up again.

"I hope this slight disagreement doesn't affect our alliance. Though my ways are strange, I do still care strongly for my pack. I will protect them at any cost and this alliance assures their safety. If you no longer wish for a partnership, I understand."

I looked over to my dad, waiting for his answer.

He turned to me with an expressionless face. "Grayson, you're eighteen; it's your decision."