Alas, 'Tis the End of Our Journey

Third POV

It had taken weeks, but they had finally managed to eradicate all the dead bodies of the rogues and bury their fallen heroes.

Taylor and Grayson personally attended each and every funeral, offering their sincerest condolences to family and friends.

On their walk back home, Taylor glanced up at her mate, silver eyes glistening. "I--" She faltered, falling silent. Grayson took her hand in his, placing a gentle kiss upon her knuckles in an act of encouragement. She gave him a weak smile and continued. "I just...I didn't realize there'd be--I mean, I knew, but I didn't expect--" a tired sigh escaped her. The black-haired woman dropped her gaze. "They're--so many...just...gone," she finished lamely.

Pleading eyes rose, begging the blond to understand what she was desperately trying to convey. Grayson pecked her knuckles once more and nodded. "I know. I'm sorry. We...we did our best, okay?"

Tension flowed out of her body; tension she didn't realize she had. Dropping her gaze again, Taylor nodded. "Okay."

~

"Uh...like, I get that the last funeral was like two days ago," Jason began. "but, um, I feel like we should celebrate? Maybe? I mean, we just defeated a rogue pack; how rad is that?"

Taylor's head snapped to him, eyes flashing black and her lip already beginning to curl in a snarl. They couldn't have a party after all they had lost, that's disrespectful--what was Jason think--

"I think that's a great idea."

Taylor turned to Grayson, gaping. He was already looking at her with a determined expression on his face.

He sighed. "Taylor, don't think of it as a wild frat party, it's more like a glad-we're-alive-this-only-serves-to-make-us-stronger celebration. A thank you for fighting with us. Something along those lines."

Michael spoke up. "It would really help everyone else too, Taylor. Help them find peace and comfort within each other, you know. Show them that we're there for them."

She deflated and looked at all her friends' hopeful eyes. "Okay."

~

"Are you ready?"

The celebration wasn't supposed to start until seven, but as the leaders of the pack, they had to be there at least a few hours early to make sure everything was running smoothly.

Taylor looked up at Grayson, his cobalt eyes full of warmth and concern. She realized she had been alarmingly quiet this past month, but a large part of her was still mourning for the pack members lost in battle.

And the whole staying or leaving your mate, her wolf bit out.

Taylor took a sharp inhale. That too.

Grayson, noticing her suddenly stiff posture, rested a hand on her shoulder and lifted another to cup her cheek. "Taylor?" She immediately relaxed in his embrace, turning and practically nuzzling his palm.

She wanted this. She wanted him.

"Yeah...yeah, I'm ready."

As long as they were together, she'd be ready for anything.

*finishes story 4 years later*

 This has been a fun long journey but it's coming to an end. Thank you for sticking by me and supporting me all these years; I love each and every one of you :) 

Sorry if any of you are unsatisfied with the end, but I began this when I was 12-13 (LOL), and haha I have no idea where any of it was going because I never really...had a plan? Or an outline? I kind of just wrote whatever came to mind lmao I know that's really bad. Somewhere along the way I became a weeb and lost all motivation to write this or anything else on wattpad. 

Thank you all so much for your praise/support/kind words!! 

Bye 4ever (haha get it bc that's the beginning of my username LOLLL)

~4everAloneAnAwkward