Eating and Awkward Conversations

Taylors POV

After Michael and I checked in with Margaret, we raced downstairs to the kitchen. But we got lost and ended up in the training room with Jason laughing his butt off. He showed us to the kitchen after we hung him upside down and demanded him to.

"Well?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Where's the food?"

Jason rolled his eyes. "You have to make it, lazy."

"Ha! You think Taylor can cook?" Michael guffawed. "Yeah, right. Once, she was left home alone and she tried making herself breakfast and she burned the entire kitchen."

"Don't exaggerate; it was only, like, half!"

"What was she trying to make?" Grayson asked as he came in.

I hid behind Michael, mortified they were hearing this.

"Shut up," I hissed at him.

He ignored me and shouted, "Cereal!"

Grayson and Jason looked over at me with wide eyes. My face had turned a hideous shade of red and I wouldn't look them in the eye. Then, they both started howling with laughter.

"Oh, shut up! The stupid milk spilled on the damned toaster and I tried to clean it! How was I supposed to know I couldn't dry electronics in the microwave?" I spat, trying to save my dignity. My comment only seemed to encourage them.

"For one, my five-year-old brother!" Jason answered, wiping tears from his eyes.

I flipped him off and he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Jason!" Grayson growled. "Stop that!"

Jason smirked at Grayson and I raised an eyebrow at their exchange. What the hell were they talking about?

"Can we get food now? I'm starving," I asked, waving my free hand in front of their faces.

Jason grinned at me and dropped my hand. "Yeah, let's eat."

.-.-.-.-.

"Damn it, Taylor, that's not where you're supposed to put the mayonnaise!"

"Taylor! What the heck do you think you're doing? Bread isn't supposed to be that black!"

"You're burning the mustard, Taylor!"

"Taylor!"

"ALRIGHT!" I huffed, throwing the inedible toast away. "You make my food, then!"

"Fine!" They yelled back, simultaneously.

I showed them all my beautiful middle finger before stomping out of the smoke-filled kitchen.

"Damn, girl tries to help and what does she get? Freakin' thrown out," I muttered, crashing on the massive, plush couch.

"What does 'damn' mean?"

I jumped up and my hand went to my racing heart. I had been so distracted with my thoughts that I didn't notice the little boy who had come into the room. He was quite small and was a dead ringer for a mini-Jason with his short, maroon hair and pale, green eyes. He was probably the five-year-old brother Jason had mentioned.

"Uh, it means...dang. Yeah, dang," I said, smiling.

The little boy smiled back up at me and I noticed how adorable he looked. "Who are you?"

"My name is Taylor. You can call me Tay if you want. What's your name?" I asked, softly.

He held a hand out to me to shake and answered, "My name is Archer."