The Bringer of Bad News

Quick Authors Note: I think you are all confused--when I say 30 comments I meant 30 comments from 30 DIFFERENT people. Spamming does not count. you can still do it; but it won't count. 'Cause I can NOT write a chapter in two hours. I'm a procrastinator. It's against my nature.

 And another thing: TAYLOR DOESN'T KNOW GRAYSON'S HER MATE. GRAYSON HASN'T TOLD HER FOR PERSONAL, STUPID REASONS. WHEN SHE TURNS EIGHTEEN SHE WILL. BUT SHE'S NOT.  THIS IS ALL PART OF THE PLOT.

 Anywhore; here's this chapter, as promised!

 Taylor

 It may have been just my imagination, but I thought I had heard Graysons heartbeat stop--a least, for a millisecond.

 "W-Why?" He breathed. This time, I was positive his heart halted.

 I shrugged. "I just don't want a mate. I know I need one and all, but I don't want one."

 "Why?" He repeated, a bit louder this time, his grip around me tightening. "Is it...because of me?"It may have been just my imagination, but I thought I had heard Grayson's heartbeat stop--a least, for a millisecond.

"W-Why?" He breathed. This time, I was positive his heart halted.

I shrugged. "I just don't want a mate. I know I need one and all, but I don't want one."

"Why?" He repeated, a bit louder this time, his grip around me tightening. "Is it...because of me?"

Sighing, I answered, "No, of course not. Hot as you may be - oh, stop smirking - for most of my life, I've been in charge. No one told me what to do. I was completely free. I don't want a mate because then he'll automatically assume the position of Alpha of my pack and I do not follow orders. At all. I just think it'll be easier if I rule the Silver Moon pack by myself, as I've been doing for the past couple of years. My father may hold the title of Alpha as of right now, but it's mostly symbolic, and as soon as I turn eighteen it'll be passed down to me, seeing as how I'm next in line for the position."

"B-But," he stammered, releasing me. "you have to accept your mate! He's your perfect half!"

Sitting up, I looked Grayson in the eye with an eyebrow raised. "So? It's my mate. I'll decide what to do with him."

Grayson abruptly stood up and he wouldn't meet my eye. He muttered something similar to, "I'll change that." But I must've heard wrong--why should he care?

I got up and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Anyway, thanks for this, Gray, it's been absolutely brilliant." I leaned closer and brushed my lips against his cheek. He looked up, startled, and he slowly smiled.

"No problem. It was my pleasure, really," he whispered. Grayson took my hand and wrapped his rather large on around it and slid an arm on my shoulder. "Come on, let's go. We never got to eat before."

I laughed, as did he, and he pulled me along to another diner. This one was much more modern than the other but just as cozy looking--if not, more.

"What?" I snorted. "Does this place serve waffles all day?"

"Yes."

Stumped, I merely replied, "Oh." I didn't think it actually would. Grayson chuckled and led me into the diner. I inhaled the delicious aroma and tried not to drool in front of Grayson. We sat down at a booth and thankfully, our server was a guy.

"Hi," he smiled at me. He was kind of cute (not as hot as Grayson though) with his large, green eyes, short, brown hair, and a tall, lean body. "I'm Daniel, your server for today, what would you like?"