Upon Shattered Wings

By xWintersolsticex

She was ripped away from him Drowned in the cold hands of death But he would do anything To have her back... More

Welcome, Young Fledglings
Prologue: Never Again
Chapter 1: The Human World
Chapter 2: Rescue Misson
Chapter 3: Maid to the Prince
Chapter 4: Strange Encounters
Chapter 5: Dinner
Chapter 6: The Familiar
Chapter 7: Preparation
Chapter 8: Princess Bitch
Chapter 9: We Shall
Chapter 10 Part 1: Meeting the Royals
Chapter 10 Part 2: Playing Victim
Chapter 10 Part 3: Dancing with the Prince
Chapter 11: Field of Poppies
Chapter 12: Arrows and Knives
Chapter 13: Serving the Bitch
Chapter 14: Attack
Chapter 15: See You Soon
Chapter 16: Shot
Chapter 17: Marriage
Chapter 18: A Glimpse of the Past
Chapter 19: Berry Red
Chapter 20: Casor
Chapter 21: Confrontation
Chapter 22: Stay
Chapter 23: Ellisar
Chapter 24: Stay Awake
Chapter 25: Awake
Chapter 26: Kiss
Chapter 28: Amaline
Chapter 29: Revelation
Chapter 30: A Trip Down Memory Lane Part 1
Chapter 30: A Trip Down Memory Lane Part 2
Chapter 31: Leave
Chapter 32: Found
Chapter 33: They're Here
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: Promise
Chapter 36: More Time
Chapter 37: Divine Beads
Epilogue
Thank you!

Chapter 27: It All Started With A Naked Painting

534 36 21
By xWintersolsticex

He asked her if he would ever see her again

She was torn as she gave her reply

And that reply broke him 

(Cliche scene ahead! You have been warned!)

Guess what it was he wanted to show me.

You wouldn't have guessed.

A naked painting of the Prince himself hung on the wall like a damn trophy. 

"Having you stare at my painted picture makes me want to see how you would react if I'm actually naked."

My eyes were still covered as I cried out, "No! Keep everything on you! This is highly inappropriate!"

I felt his warm breath near my face; I quickly took steps back but miscalculated my distance as I toppled onto his bed. I sweaked, face getting redder by the minute. Quickly, I tried scrambling off but a huge gust of wind and a looming shadow above me briefly cut off my air supply. Someone send help!

"I-I-I-"

He peered down at me with shadowed eyes and a lazy smirk on his lips. "I-I-I-" He mocked me as he laughed.

"Shut up!" I reached up and wacked his shoulder. He grabbed my hand by the wrist and pinned it above my head. I gulped. "What are you doing?" My voice was getting higher as nerves took over me.

"Showing you a more realistic painting."

I whimpered and pushed my head further into his very soft bed as he lowered his face. The wicked gleam in his eyes told me he was enjoying my nervousness.

His face went past me to my ears. "I quite like you squirming beneath me, princess."

My breath hitched as he trailed his nose along my cheek. I gulped. A part of me was yelling at me to kiss him but the logical part of me was telling me to push him off before someone comes in and see.

"K-Killian-"

He silenced me when his warm lips met mine. My eyes widened in shock. I was kissing a prince. He was kissing me! A prince is kissing me!

My heart thudded in my chest, threatening to burst out of its cage as our lips moved together. I let out a small moan when his tongue darted out to lick my bottom lip.

Feeling a bit courageous, I bit his in return earning a low groan from him. The sound sent shivers down my spine. His wings spread out, forming a huge blanket of darkness over us. We broke away with a gasp but Killian didn't stop there. He moved to the side and down my neck, placing soft kisses as he went.

I let out a cry of shock as he bit my neck. The stupid prick bit my neck. "Should I be afraid of you mauling my neck?" My voice quivered as he gave it a quick suck. Oh God.

"You should be afraid of a lot of things I'm going to do to you if we don't stop," He muttered against my neck. His words made me flush as I tried to stammer out a reply.

We stayed like that for a while. Him with his arms wrapped around me while I lay beneath him, struggling to calm down. A giddy smile took over my face as I internally screamed.

"Was this why you brought me into your room?" I asked him as he rolled over.

He hummed, "Maybe."

I bit my lip. "Why did you kiss me?" Was it a wrong time to ask? A small part of my brain kept wondering if he only kissed me because of-

"If you think I kissed you because of Mira, it wasn't."

"Oh."

He turned his head and pinned me with his golden stare. "I was angry."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "For what?"

He shook his head as if I'm not understanding him. Why would he be angry unless... I looked at him and smirked. "Were you jealous?"

Killian's cheeks flushed a slight pink as he scoffed. "Why would I be. I don't get jealous."

It was my turn to scoff. The revelation that he was jealous made me squeal inside. Get a hold of yourself, Amara. "Oh? Then I'm just going to go find Vulcrian and ask him about-"

I was halfway off the bed until I was quickly pulled back down. Arms wrapped themselves firmly around my waist as a larger pair of wings enveloped us. "You're not going anywhere."

"I can't stay here forever."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "You seem to forget who I am, princess."

I pursed my lips. "I'm from the West, Killian. I'll have to go back one day."

His golden eyes seemed to darken, "I can always make a demand for you to stay."

"Vulcrian will never allow it."

"I don't care. It's better for you to stay here than go back with that wingless boy."

I wrapped my arms around him and smiled sadly, "I have two of my friends, who are like family working there, I can't just leave them."

"Then they can come here."

We didn't say anything else as we stared into each other's eyes. The brutal determination in his and the worry in mine. Would it be possible? To live here in the Northern Kingdom?

A knock sounded, making us break apart. "Your Highness?"

Killian cleared his throat and smoothed down his clothes while I did the same to mine. "The King and Queen requests your presence and Lady Amara to the throne room. An important guest has arrived."

We shared a look. Who could it be?

Following the guard down the hall, we walked into the room to see someone we never expected. Why the hell is she here?

As we walked closer, I noticed the annoyed expression on the King and Queen's faces but they covered it with a strained smile.

They looked towards us and the grin on her face fell away replaced with a glare. "What is she doing here?"

"Lady Amara is a guest here, Princess Lyra. I suggest you control your behavior while you're here," The King stated in a firm voice.

Princess Lyra's face flushed pink. Suddenly, her face transformed into a brilliant smile. I blinked. I think I just got whiplash.

Walking over to me, she smiled and handed me a box of cookies. Where on Lunaravia did that box even come from? I hesitantly took it, not wanting to seem rude.

"Thank you, your highness."

She beamed but there was a glint her her eyes that made me wary. "Why don't you try one? I made them myself."

Looking around, I see everyone watching us. Slowly, I brought out a cookie out and took a small bite. It was really good but there was a small bitter aftertaste. "It's really good." I gave her a big smile hoping she won't see the lie.

"Well I want to try one too." Killian reached a hand forward but Princess Lyra quickly grabbed the box out of my hands.

"That won't be necessary Prince Killian. I made these specifically for Mara. I'm sure she wouldn't want to share these delicious cookies." He raised an eyebrow at her.

I opened my mouth to reply but she quickly turned away. As they talked, it turned out that the Princess Bitch was also staying here much to the Majesties' annoyance. She claimed she didn't want to keep her fiancé lonely. When she said the word fiancé  , she threw a smug look at me. I rolled my eyes, by all means you keep him.

I went my separate way as we left. Killian had a meeting he had to attend so he would be busy for a few hours. The other guest who shall not be named had disappeared to 'rest' in her room. Who knew what she's scheming in there?

As I walked down an empty secluded hallway, I stopped. My stomach churned and I rubbed it slowly, hoping to ease the pain. It suddenly increased and I cried out, placing a hand on the wall to steady myself. Burning. My stomach was burning.

I curled up in a fetal position on the carpet, whimpering and hoping some guards will walk by. "Help," I weakly cried out but ended up heaving a dark liquid.

My eyes widened at the dark red, near black blood. Blood. I didn't want to die. The fire seemed to be crawling upwards towards my chest. I heaved again.

Sweat beaded on my forehead as my breaths grew heavy. Black spots swam in my vision and I swore I saw someone running towards me. Whoever it was tilted my head up and forced my mouth open. They dropped a round shape in before forcing me to swallow. I didn't get the chance to see who it was before darkness engulfed my vision.

"Is...okay?" A desperate voice was heard.

"...stable... poison...not sure..."

There was the sound of a door opening and closing before a felt someone grab my hand in theirs. Something wet was placed on my lips, wiping away something before a loud sigh was heard. The last thing before I disappeared into oblivion again was the feeling of warm lips on my forehead.

It wasn't long before I gained consciousness again. My eyes took in the familiar white walls of the infirmary before stopping on the sleeping figure next to my bed. I took the opportunity to admire his face. I'm such a creep.

His hair was a mess so I reached up and slowly combed through it, enjoying the softness between my fingers. Killiam mumbled something before he opened his eyes.

It took him a moment before realizing I was awake. "You're awake! How do you feel? Are you in any pain? I'll go get the doctor."

"Sit down, I'm fine." My insides didn't feel like it was being torn apart anymore but there was a dull ache.

"God, I thought I lost you. When I was called away from the meeting and saw you with so much blood around you, I thought-"

I gave his hand a squeeze. "I'm fine now, see? I'm alive."

"You almost didn't make it." I swallowed and gave him a small smile.

"Wait you left your meeting?"

He gave me an 'are-you-stupid' look. "Yes. I'm pretty sure I just said it."

I gasped, "Go back! I'm fine now. It must've been an important meeting." I tried pushing his hand away as if that would push him out the door.

Killian tilted his head back and laughed. I scowled at him. "It's long over, princess. Besides, you're more important." He casually leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. My heart did a weird little flip. "I can't go back even if I would, it's midnight."

"What? How long have I been out?"

His face suddenly darkened, "Twelve hours."

"What?!"

"Once I found out who poisoned you, I'll have them decapitated." I watched him with wide eyes. He was scary when he was pissed.

Desperate to shake him out of his mood, I reached into the pocket of my dress and took out the feather. "I made this for you."

Killian looked down and stopped. The expression on his face displayed shock, disbelief, and something else. "Did you rip this out?"

I bit my lip and slowly nodded. "It's for your sword. You can tie it at the hilt for decoration or something. You don't have to of course, you can tie it anywhere you want. It's not just for your sword. I didn't make it specifically for it, it's just an idea you know-" I cut myself off when I realized I was rambling.

Killian watched me with a large smile on his face. Leaning over, he planted a loud kiss on my forehead, making me turn beet red. His hands lingered on his feather hanging off my hair before sitting back in his chair.

As we talked throughout the night - mostly me trying to convince him to go sleep to which the stubborn prick adamantly refused - I came to a realization that I was in deeper than I had imagined. 

Whew! Here's chapter 27! 

They finally kissed ahahaha. I'm still internally fangirling, don't mind me. 

I wrote this in like an hour so don't mind the small mistakes :D Sorry for the wait but I hope the kiss made up for it hehe. 

Vote, Comment, Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13 2 41
**(COMPLETED)** Once upon a time, there was a Princess who fell in love with a prince, they got married and lived happily ever after.. it's clichΓ©...
74 1 13
Two hands together like before. Fire behind us. Gazes that crossed each other. Eye to eye, side by side. As we slowly walked backward. Farther from e...
6.5K 387 34
The story's narrator: "Once upon a time, in a land far far away. In a kingdom not known to the modern world there once was a queen and a knight.... ...
8.6M 201K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...