Herondale High

By Jbic02

Meet Jace everybody's favorite rich, golden boy. He's good at everything from sports to being popular and eve... More

Character Introductions
Prologue (Part one)
Prologue (Part 2)
Chapter 1- First Day Vibes
Chapter 2- Sophmore Year
Chapter 3- A Friend in Hell
Chapter 4- The New Girl
Chapter 5- Who Knew the Devil Wore Armani
Chapter 6- My New Roommate
Chapter 7- Meeting Jace Herondale
Chapter 8- The Party (Part 1)
Chapter 9- The Party (Part 2)
Chapter 10-The Party (part 3)
Chapter 11- The Party (Part 4)
Chapter 12- Fallout
Chapter 13- What Have I Done
Chapter 14- Other Problems
Chapter 15- I Really Hate Parties
Chapter 16- An Unwanted Savior
Chapter 17- Secrets
Chapter 18- Josette Wayland
Chapter 19-Why Is She Here
Chapter 20- A Second Chance
Chapter 21- A Shot At Forgiveness
Chapter 22- A Deal With The Devil
Chapter 23- Not A Date( Part 1)
Chapter 24- Not A Date (Part 2)
Chapter 25- What Happened In Paris?
Chapter 26- An "Adult" Conversation
Chapter 27- An Unexpected Confidante
Chapter 28- Falling Hard
Chapter 29- New Students
Chapter 30- Always Jumping To Conclusions
Chapter 31- Eavesdropping
Chapter 32- The Past Never Stays Buried
Chapter 33- Where Did She Go?
Chapter 34- Apologies Won't Be Enough This Time
Chapter 35- Josette Makes A New Friend
Chapter 36- Thanksgiving Dinner
Chapter 37- Holiday With The Fairchilds
Chapter 38- Izzy Makes Her Decision
Chapter 39- Why Do I Always Make Bad Decisions
Chapter 41- Being A Good Brother
Chapter 42- A Christmas Gift
Chapter 43- Christmas Is a Time For Forgiveness Right?
Chapter 44- Why Do Things Always Fall Apart?
Chapter 45- A Day of Shocks
Chapter 46- Does Hiding The Pain Help It Heal?
Chapter 47- Does Anybody Really Know Josette?
Chapter 48- Betrayal Cuts Deep
Chapter 49- Was It All An Act?
Chapter 50-Why Even Try?
Chapter 51- Doesn't Feel Too Good Does It?
Chapter 52- How Is She Better At Forgiving Than Me?
Chapter 53- Prom Night
Chapter 54- The Talk
Chapter 55- The Truth About Josette and Magnus
Chapter 56- A Day We'll Never Forget (Part 1)
Chapter 57- A Day We'll Never Forget (Part 2)
Chapter 58- A Day We'll Never Forget (Part 3)
Chapter 59- A Day We'll Never Forget (Part 4)
Chapter 60-Epilogue

Chapter 40-Finally All Together

942 19 2
By Jbic02

A/N: Guys I'm so sorry I wrote the last chapter and forgot to publish it. I've been busy this week with volleyball and I read two really good books. I know I'm a terrible author but I'll try and make it up to you with more of my shitty writing~Jess 😉😍

Clary's P.O.V.

I wake up Sunday morning to the sound of my phone ringing. I don't want to get up because I'm really warm for some reason and really comfortable but the phone won't stop so I turn to answer it and realize why I'm so warm. Jace is sleeping beside me, despite the ringing phone, and he looks so peaceful. I remember all the events of the previous night as I try to get out of the arms he has wrapped around my waist without waking him up including trying to sleep with him and my realization that I'm ready. Unfortunately, I don't succeed in getting untangled without waking him up and I don't make it to my phone either. Jace blinks his eyes at me before taking in his surroundings. He opens his mouth to say something when my phone starts it's incessant ringing again. Jace reaches over and grabs it before handing it to me. I thank him before answering it.

I'm about to say hello when Jonathan cuts me off. "Clary how many girls do you know at Herondale High?"

"Good morning to you too Jonathan and probably not many why."

"Because I met this amazing girl last night and we danced and I didn't think about Izzy once and then she slept with me and I swear it was the best sex of my life Clary."

"Eww, Jonathan ever heard the term TMI?" 

He laughs out his reply, "Actually that an acronym and yes I have heard it, it means too much information."

"Yeah well, you should think about that before telling me about how you had the 'best sex of your life'." Jace raises his eyebrows at that but stays silent.

"Look that doesn't matter what matters is that I need to see her again. She looked kind of familiar but I went to so many of those parties for Izzy..."

"You could have seen her at any of them." I finish for him.

"Exactly and I was hoping you could help me."

"Well I might not know many of the girls here but Jace and Izzy might. What did she look like?"

"Ummm, well I remember thinking she was really beautiful, like prettier than Isabelle and I remember thinking she was out of my league."

"Well, that could be anyone, Jonathan. Tons of people are out of your league." Jace laughs at that one but Jonathan either doesn't hear or doesn't care.

"Ha Ha, you're hilarious. I'm being serious Clary."

"Well, this would be easier if you could remember anything about her. Didn't you see her when you woke up this morning?"

"You would think that but when I woke up she was gone. At least she locked the door before she left so nobody could come in. I didn't even ask her name I think I tried to introduce myself but she didn't seem to care."

"So she left before you could wake up and didn't bother asking your name?" 

Jace gets a kick out of this. "Sounds like it wasn't the best sex of her life," he snorts out. This time Jonathan does hear.

"Is that Jace? Why is Jace in your room when you just woke up?"

"First of all just because you just woke up doesn't mean I did. I've been up for an hour," I lie.

"Really then why didn't you answer your phone?"

"I was in the shower because Jace, Izzy, Malec, Josie, and I are going to get coffee." This isn't completely a lie because we are supposed to meet them for coffee in a couple of hours.

"Whose Malec. What kind of a name is that?"

I roll my eyes even though he can't see me. "It's Alec and Magnus's names put together. It makes things shorter."

"God, you're so weird."

"At least I didn't get used for sex." I retort.

"You better not or I'll kill whoever does." I laugh before saying I have to go. Jace and I lay around talking. I think about telling him about my realization but decide to wait for a time when I don't have morning breath. Too soon, Jace says he has to get ready for coffee with our friend group. I agree saying I need a shower. He says he'll be back to pick me up when he's done.

About 30 minutes later, Izzy, Jace, Alec, and I are sitting in the coffee shop waiting for Josette and Magnus to arrive. Apparently, Magnus had some important business to discuss with Josette. Nobody knew what it was, not even Alec though he didn't seem to care. We hear the bell to the coffee shop ring and turn towards the sound and the cold breeze that accompanies the opened door. Josette and Magnus walk into the shop laughing. I hear Magnus say, "I can only imagine his face when he woke up."

"Honestly, I don't care. I forgot how much fun it was. It was always about pushing down my feelings in Paris now it's just fun." Alec gets up to go greet them and walks up to the counter with them joining the conversation easily. 

After a couple minutes, I hear Jace mutter something that confuses me. "Damn, she did fall back into old habits didn't she?"

I wonder what he means but Josette and Malec come back and sit down. I expect Josie to sit by them like she usually does but instead, she comes and sits next to Jace. He seems just as surprised as me and I hear him whisper that they need to talk later. She nods before looking at Alec and Magus. I can tell they aren't shocked she sat by Jace but for some reason, they seemed a little bothered.

Suddenly they both apologize to Jace for what they said yesterday and that it was out of line. I don't have a clue what they are talking about but Jace seems to understand. He winces before assuring them it was fine and he deserved it. They look like they want to argue but Josette interrupts before they get the chance. 

"So I know Thanksgiving just passed and Christmas is a while away but I was thinking about throwing a party, like a huge one."

Magnus snorts and says, "You wanna throw a Paris party for Christmas?" at the same time Jace asks, "Where are you going to throw the party, in the dorms?"

She glares at them both. "Yes, I want to throw a party like the many epic parties I threw in France and no you idiot. You and I might get away with drinking in the dorms but nobody else and what's a Christmas party without rum?"

"You mean eggnog?" Asks Alec.

"That's what I said," answers Josette.

"No, she means rum because that's basically what her egg nog is." Magnus chimes in.

"Oh shut up Magnus you've never had my eggnog and Jake and Zach are both drama queens."

Jace doesn't seem to care about the eggnog and is still worries about the venue. "So where are you planning on throwing this party?"

"At my house obviously." She looks at him like he's an idiot but now I'm confused. 

"Wait but I thought the reason you had to room with Izzy and me was because otherwise, you would've had to got to a hotel."

"Yeah, I would've at the time. See my dad's will was made in France and things aren't as strict there as they are in America. Apparently, in America, it's customary to appoint someone the executor of your estate until your eldest child reaches 18."

"Right like how the Lightwoods are the executors of our parents' estate," says Jace. 

Josette agrees while Izzy and Alec both say they didn't know their parents controlled Jace's trust. Jace shrugs and Josette continues. "Anyhow, the bank didn't want to give me the house because I wasn't 18 but eventually the lawyers told the bank they didn't own the house because it was paid off and I don't have to be 18 to pay taxes so long as I have the money and since I have full access to my trust I can. So I can throw a huge party there and nobody would care because it's all mine."

"Are you sure you want to subject the people of this poor town to one of your extravagant parties?" Askes Magnus. 

Josette looks affronted. "If I recall correctly, you loved my lavish parties."

"Yeah, everyone loved them until you disappeared with your flavor of the week to forget your problems." I can tell he hit a nerve and Josette is about to blow when she reins in her temper. 

"If you don't want to come, Magnus, then don't but I can assure you all my parties are legendary and you will regret it if you miss it. And since it's at my house we can all stay there. It's huge so it won't be a problem and I can get us all weekend passes. It'll be the weekend before Christmas." She looks down at her watch and it's the first time I realize that she wears a watch. "Well if you'll all excuse me I have more plans today so I'll see you all later." She grins and leaves.

As soon as she leaves, Alec mutters, "I'm sure her plans include sitting in her room where she can't be slut-shamed."

"Oh, I didn't mean it like that Alexander." Magnus defends himself.

"What other way could you have meant it, Magnus? There's only one way it could be interpreted." Says Izzy calmly.

"I'm just worried about her alright?" 

"You can worry about her all you want but you of all people should know you can't control her actions and trying to only makes it worse. You should remember what it feels like to lose her because it sucks which is something I know for a fact you know." Interjects Jace before saying he has other plans as well and he'll see us later.

Alec asks how he'll get where he's going without a car but Jace says he'll walk and take a cab back to campus. I can't help but wonder what other plans he has and why he didn't include me before I snap myself out of it. Here I was barely dating him and already starting to turn into one of those controlling girlfriends. I am not a controlling girlfriend so I sit back and hang out with my friends until we leave the coffee shop. I don't see Jace until class the next morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 75.6K 99
One night was all it took... for their lives to change in most unexpected ways, for them to have to face their past and for love to find a way. A cla...
345K 12.6K 32
"I know there's nothing wrong, but what if everybody thinks it is? Then we'll be alone..." He whispered, resting his head in his hands. "I don't mind...
198K 6.4K 39
It started with a world where Voldemort won the war. Hermione realizes that she must pose as someone else at a nightmare year at Hogwarts to figure o...
621K 16K 24
The ministry enacts a marriage law to repopulate after the war. Hermione Granger gets paired with Draco Malfoy. Will this ever be a love, not hate-fi...