The It Factor

By XxSwimmer_ChickxX

The It Factor is a popular TV show that features young talent in their quest to become a star. When Serenity... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 11

626 23 2
By XxSwimmer_ChickxX

Kyle didn't even respond to my text message.  Nope, instead he rushed to the hospital, and within twenty minutes I had someone to comfort me.  It was nice to be able to hug someone, to hear them tell me that it was going to be okay.  Thank God my tears had run out, otherwise it would've been really embarrassing.

"Serenity, what happened?" Kyle finally whispered in my ear when I had calmed down.  We had relocated to the waiting room and were curled up in one chair.  Let's just say Kyle had no choice but to let me sit on his lap...Awkward.

"I don't even know," I muttered into his chest, "I just came home and she was in the bathtub bleeding...I don't know how long she was out or what happened..."  He squeezed me tighter, trying to reassure me.

"At least you found her in time," He reminded me, even though he didn't need to.  I had been thankful this whole time that I had found her alive.  Now it was just a matter of if she would stay that way or not.

Oh God, if she died I would literally be so lost.  How could I have said those things to her?  Yes I was feeling hurt and abandoned, but that was no excuse.  There was nothing I could say or do to make any of it better.

"Hey, it's not your fault." Kyle said, stroking my hair.  It was surprisingly calming.

"Yes it is," I exclaimed, looking up at him like he was crazy. "How can you say it's not after what I told you last night?!"  I mean, I had made what had happened pretty clear.  I knew he wasn't confused.

Kyle wrinkled his eyebrows, "Because I know it's not."  He said sternly, "We don't even know what happened, Ren.  You can't blame yourself."

"Oh yes I can," I scoffed, standing up on my feet. "You're not my mother, and you can't tell me what to do."  Here I go again, saying and doing things I don't mean.  I was being really rude and defencive, and it wasn't called for.

"Ren, I'm just trying to-"

"Well stop trying!"  I screamed, throwing my hands in the air.  Everyone in the waiting room was staring at us at that point, but I did't really care. "Why are you trying, anyway?!  No one asked you to come to the hospital and stay with me!  So why did you?!"

"Because you need someone-"

"I don't need anyone, Kyle!  God, why are you so pig headed?!"  I had never really fought with Kyle before, and it felt like foreign territory.  It was wrong, and it shouldn't of been happening.  I didn't need another person to turn against me.  I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry, I'm just so stressed out and I just-"

Kyle cut me off, standing up and wrapping me in another hug.  I hugged him back, smiling against his chest.  No matter what I could count on him, even if I pissed him off.

"You just need a hug?"  Kyle asked, smirking down at me.  I nodded. "I get it, I know what it's like to be so stressed out."

"Thank you," I whispered, giving him one last squeeze before pulling away.

"Serenity Davis?"  Someone asked behind me, and I quickly turned around.  It was a young, female nurse.  She had dark skin, big, pretty brown eyes, curly brown hair, and was wearing baby blue nurse scrubs.

"Yes?"  I asked, cocking my head to the side.  My stomach was clinching into a million little knots.  Oh gosh, please let this be about my mother!

"We have news about your mother, follow me please."  She said, turning around and walking away.  I nodded ferociously, even though she couldn't see me, and motioned for Kyle to follow.  He did, catching up quickly.  He slid his hand into mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

After a minute of walking and an elevator ride, we reached a room with a closed door.  The nurse turned around again, eyeing Kyle.

"Family?"  She questioned, glancing down at her clipboard, "According to our files, Serenity is Michelle's only daughter."

"Cousin," I quickly lied, dropping Kyles hand.  She sighed, obviously knowing that was a lie, and opened the door.  I walked in nervously, trying not to hyperventilate again.  At least I knew my mother wasn't dead, she was alive.

Speaking of my mother, she looked horrible.  I was almost sick just at the sight of her.  Not because she looked nasty or anything, but just because I knew this was my fault.  She had an oxygen mask on her face, and an IV in each hand.  As I got closer, I could tell she was asleep.

"She's in a medical induced coma,"  The nurse explained, "If it wasn't medically induced, she would still be unconscious, but we don't want her waking up for a few days.  It would be fatal." I nodded, taking a deep breath and sitting down.  Thank the Lord for chairs, because I was feeling rather dizzy.

"Do you know what happened?"  I asked quietly, steeling a glance at Kyle.  He was leaning against the wall uncomfortably, staring at me.  I tried to give him a reassuring smile, but it probably looked like more of a grimace.

"Well, it looked like a stab wound,"  She said, glancing at her chart, "The knife pierced her gut, cutting through her uterus...."  How did she not die?  At that point I was trying not to pass out, throw up, or cry.  But I was failing pretty badly.  "We don't know if it was self inflicted or not, but the wound looks to be just an hour old at the most.  You're lucky you got there when you did, other wise you would've lost her."

I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding.  Trying to look on the bright side, I told myself she would be okay.  At least she was alive.  Slowly, I wiped away the silent tears that had been falling from my eyes.

"And...Um.."  The nurse said, fiddling with her pen, "I hate this part of my job," She muttered, not meaning for me to hear.  But I did.

"Excuse me?"  I asked, perking up.  There was something else, and I needed to know it.  I was her daughter for Christs sake!

"Well, I'm so sorry,"  She looked at me sadly, and I started to get worried.

"She's going to make it, right?!"  I exclaimed, jumping to my feet. 

"Yes!  Well, we're not sure yet...But that's not what this is about."  The nurse, Cindy, explained. "When your mother was stabbed, like I said it stabbed her uterus."  I nodded, understanding.  What significance did this have?  If she was going to live and be okay, I couldn't really give a rats ass about what internal organ was damaged. "She lost the baby."

I blinked at her, "Excuse me?"

"Your mother, she lost the baby."  Cindy said, giving me a sad smile.  My jaw dropped.

A baby...?  A freaking baby?!  My mother had been pregnant, and she didn't tell me?!  No, that wasn't possible!  She would've told me!  I would've known!

Suddenly, I felt sick.  The room started to spin and my vision started to fade in and out.

A baby?!  My mother had been pregnant?!

"Serenity!" Kyle yelled, but he sounded so far away.  To far away, and I was really tired.  Giving up, I let myself fade into the blackness.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I could hear people muttering around me, but I couldn't understand a word they were saying.  My heads hurting, and I was in a very uncomfortable position.  It felt like I was curled into a ball in a chair.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, finding another pair of eyes two inches away from mine.  I screamed, jumping back and unfortunately sending the chair I was sitting in flying backwards.  I fell back, rolling on the floor.

"Oh my God!"  Kyle yelled, running over to me. "Are you okay, Serenity?!"  Did I really just fall back in a chair?  Smooth Serenity, smooth.  Despite my aching arm, I started laughing at myself.

"Only I would do that,"  I laughed, smiling at Kyle.  He smiled back.  Where were we, anyway?  I looked around, my eyes falling on my mothers hospital bed.  She was still asleep.

"Hey, Ren, it's okay,"  Kyle whispered, wrapping his arms around me.  I shivered for no reason, snuggling into his chest.  I was starting to feel sick again, I just couldn't wrap my head around the situation.

My mother had stabbed herself. - I had come to this conclusion because no one was in the house when I got there, and there was no sign of someone breaking in.  Oh and lets not forget she had been freaking pregnant!  Who's child was it anyway?!  I didn't even know she had a boyfriend!

"I didn't know," I whispered, still staring at the bed.  I couldn't take my eyes away.

"What?"  Kyle asked, looking down at me.  I frowned, squeezing him tighter.  For some reason, I felt like I needed the security. 

"I didn't know she was pregnant," I muttered, finally tearing my eyes away.  I looked up at Kyle, who was looking sadly down at me. "I didn't know she had a boyfriend, either."

"I'm sure she was going to tell you,"  Kyle told me, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear.  He tried to give me a smile, but it didn't work very well.  It looked more like he was trying to make me feel better, but he knew he couldn't.  Sympathy.  Oh how I hate it.

I shook my head, "But she didn't, and now it's to late."  Suddenly, I felt cramped by the hospital walls.  I didn't want to be here anymore.  "Can we go some where else to talk, I don't want to be here anymore."

"Sure,"  Kyle nodded, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.  He dragged me out of the hospital and to his car.  We started to drive away, and I didn't really care where we were going.  Honestly, the farther away from the hospital, the better.  I just needed time for this to sink in!

I must've zoned out, because the next thing I knew Kyle stopped the car and got out.  Furrowing my eyebrows, I followed him.  We were in the middle of no where, parked by a railroad track.  Kyle had walked ahead, walking along the tracks.  He had hist guitar strapped to his back.

"Kyle, what the hell are you doing?!"  I yelled, running up to him, "What if a train comes?!"  He chuckled, turning to face me.

"Ren, this track has been closed since I was a kid.  There is no train coming."  I sighed, that's a relief off of my chest!  I thought he was trying to kill himself or something.

"Okay," I muttered, "So where are we going?"  For a response, Kyle pointed straight ahead.  There was an abandoned train there.  Grass was growing all over it along with a lot of wild flowers.  "Is that safe?"

"Considering I've been here a thousand times, I'd say yes,"  Kyle said, sticking his tongue out at me.  "Stop warring so much.  I would've have brought you here if it wasn't safe."  I smile, my cheeks flushing.  That was sweet.

We soon reached the train, and Kyle pulled himself up on the plat form.  He helped my up, grabbing my hand and yanking me up with him.  The floor creaked underneath our weight, scaring me a bit, but it held.

Kyle pushed open the door of the train and walked in.  I followed, looking around.  All there was inside was a bunch of chair lining the walls that were covered in blue leather.  I sat down, Kyle sitting next to me.  He pulled out his guitar and started strumming, looking up at me.

"Do you want to play?"  He asked, holding the instrument out to me.  Honestly, yes, I did was to play.  Music always made me feel better, and I certainly needed something to make myself feel better after this long day.  "Come on, I won't be mean or anything."

The look in his eye just reassured me.  He wouldn't make fun of me if I messed up, and I really did want to play.  Slowly, I took the guitar and started to play.  I played Fix a Heart by Demi Lavato, just because I was in love with the song.  It was so beautiful.  I played through the choirs a few times, having an internal debate.

Finally, I gave in and started to sing.  I was just so fed up with the situation I was in that I didn't care if Kyle herd me.  Besides, it was Kyle.  I trusted him.  My gut clinching, I forced out the words.

It's probably what's best for you

I only want the best for you

And if I'm not the best, then you're stuck

I try to sever ties and I,

Ended up with wounds to bind

Like you're putting salt in my cuts

And I just ran out of band-aids

I don't even know where to start

'Cause you can't bandage the damage,

You never really can fix a heart

I played slowly, smiling to myself.  I felt better already.

You must be a miracle,

Walk up, swearin' up and down,

You can't fix whats been broken

Please don't give my hopes up, no no

Baby, tell me how could you,

Be so cruel

It's like you're putting salt on my cuts

Baby, I ran out of band-aids

I don't even know where to start

'Cause you can't bandage the damage

You never really can fix a heart

Baby, I ran out of band-aids

I don't even know where to start

'Cause you can't bandage the damage

You never really can fix a heart

Oh no no no no

You never really can fix a heart

Oh no no no no

You never really can fix heart

...You never really can fix my heart

I can't even tell you how amazing it felt to sing.  I haden't been able to the past few days, and it really made me feel free.  It took my mind off of everything and made me feel so much better.  I loved it.

"Wow."

Crap, I forgot about Kyle.

A/N: Didn't edit again...Hehe. ^.^ video on the side is the song Serenity sang! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
4.8M 255K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...