Finding Happiness

By joajayi

"Sir here is your card. I'll head to my room. Good night sir, Ms. Collins Have a wonderful night" He smiled a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1-- Attention
Chapter 2-- The Conference Meeting
Chapter 3-- First impression
chapter 4 - Obsession
Chapter 5-- New and Old
Chapter 6-- Turn of Events
Chapter 7-- Shopping with the boss
Chapter 9-- Within seconds
Chapter 10-- The Funeral
Chapter 11-- The story of my life
Chapter 12-- Party with the billionaires
Chapter 13-- Double Trouble
Chapter 14-- Strange Changes
Chapter 15-- Game room
Chapter 16-- Two can Play this game
Chapter 17-- Beach House
Chapter 18-- Beach house II
Chapter 19-- Confession
Chapter 20-- The first date
Chapter 21-- A Fight?
Chapter 22-- Expect the Unexpected
Chapter 23-- Baby shower
Chapter 24-- Say the words
Chapter 25-- Secrets
Chapter 26-- Surprise!
Chapter 27-- So Much Love
Chapter 28-- Misunderstanding
Chapter 29-- Misunderstanding II
Chapter 30-- Broken Beyond Repair
Chapter 31-- Five years later
Chapter 32-- Old friends
Chapter 33-- The talk
Chapter 34-- Remember us
Chapter 35-- The weekend
Chapter 36-- I'll make you mine...again
Chapter 37--New Fling
Chapter 38 --The Face of Fear
Chapter 39--The Face Of Fear II
Chapter 40-- Meet my brother, Harrison
Chapter 41--Prayers
Chapter 42-- A glimpse of Heaven
Chapter 43-- He's still the boss
Chapter 44-- She's my hero, she doesn't need a cape
Chapter 45--Earned it (unedited)
Chapter 46-- Like I'm Gonna Lose You.(unedited)

Chapter 8-- The 'Business Trip'

10.3K 413 9
By joajayi

Jane's P.O.V
When we got to my apartment I decided to cook lasagna, and Liam helped me. He told me he loves lasagna.

We had so much fun while cooking.

The food was finally ready and we set the table.

Liam moaned after he took a bite. "This is good. Who taught you how to cook?" He asked.

"My mom. She taught me a lot of stuff while I was living with her. Lasagna is one of her favorites. She told me my dad taught her how to cook Lasagna when they lived together here in America." I smiled thinking about the good memories.

"So are you going tell me about it?" He asked.

"Maybe next time" I continued to eat. "Hmm," He narrowed his eyes. "What?" I asked. "Nothing, just thinking about something." He said.

"Tell me. Something like what?" I asked. "Maybe next time" He smirked.

Now that's childish. I chuckled.

We finished our dinner silently. Liam could feel his gaze throughout the whole dinner.

We decided to watch a movie, so I switched on the TV. "What do you want to watch?" I asked him.

"I don't know, what do you want to watch?" He asked me. "Okay, I love the Avengers. Let's watch it," I replied and he agreed.

I could feel Liam moving close to me. I twirl my head to face him before I can say anything his lips meet mine softly, asking me to kiss him back. I part my lips and he smiled taking full advantage of my lips.

The kiss was getting intense and Liam's hands were up to funny business so I stopped him.

"What?" He asked a little out of breath. "We can't do this. I'm sorry...I can't." I stood up and started pacing.

"Okay, I think it's time for me to leave," He said and I agreed. I walked him to the door.

"Thanks a lot for today. I truly appreciate it", I smiled slightly. "You're welcome. Thanks for inviting me for dinner. See you tomorrow, goodnight" He smiled and left. I closed the door and rested my back on the door sliding down until my butt reached the floor.

I need to end whatever this is.

"I know... I just can't seem to stop myself from having this feeling" I said out loud. He's so good at being a player that I keep forgetting the fact that he is a player.

This is not good for my heart. This is not me. I don't know how to be with someone casually. I know myself. I'll only get hurt.

I should be focusing on getting my job back and returning home.

Liam's P.O.V

I left her apartment and drove off to my penthouse.

I don't remember the last time I thought about about a girl this much. Whenever I'm with her, I can't seem to pull it together. I always forget myself and just dive into her world.

There is no denying that I'm attracted to her, but am I taking it too far?

She's good at her job, she's smart and responsible.  She's sophisticated. The list goes on, but I already know her type and I can't give her what she wants. I'm not the type to give her the kind of relationship she wants.

But still... I want her.

She's like a gem I know I can't touch because it's fragile, but it's so beautiful I can't help but touch.

I let out a deep breath and pulled up into the garage.

Since when did I start thinking this? I never cared about a girl's character, only her hotness.

I took off my clothes and took a shower as soon as I got inside my place. She is starting to drive me insane.

I heard my phone ring stopping my train of thought. I checked the caller ID. I couldn't help but clenched my teeth when I saw Britney was the one calling.

She won't stop calling me after I broke up with her a month ago. She's getting on my nerves. I always ignore her calls but she won't take a hint.

I've been lying on my bed for the past thirty minutes and I can't fall asleep. Just because I have that one girl on my mind. It's so crazy how I can't stop thinking about her. I've never bothered so much about a girl. It scares me because I don't know why.

I promised myself not to get personal with my employees, but she's just... Jane. She seems to affect me. That's why I want her close to me. I need to find out what exactly is so good about her that I can't get over it.

I want her close to my heart.

Close to my heart?! Wait, what?

"Oh my god! Jane what have you done to me" I groaned.

That's it!

"Okay let's get this straight Liam. You are not that type. You don't do the mushy stuff. What you have for her is lust and nothing else. She's nothing special." I repeat several times to myself before falling asleep.

I walked into the company with the mindset that I would do my best to be a boss to Jane and nothing else. No more funny games.

You can do this Liam!

"Good morning sir," I heard my receptionist greet me, but I nodded in reply. I got into the elevator with John.

I put on my game face to avoid Jane's friendly attitude. When we reached the floor the door opened.

I walked towards my office. I could see Jane rushing towards me. "Good morning boss," She said as I sat on my chair.

It's indeed a good morning. It's good to see her gorgeous face.

My plan is failing.

"Good morning Ms. Collins" She looked surprised because I called her by her last name. I haven't done that in a long time. She cleared her throat.

"Sir, you have a meeting with the C.E.O of Garson company at 9 a.m. and another meeting with Moretti at 11 a.m. Then you have a business lunch at 12:30 p.m. and a dinner with the Mayor at 6 p.m. The rest of the schedule will be taken care of sir." I didn't even look at her while she was talking. I was busy sending a message to Nicole, my best friend.

I checked my watch to find out what time says.

"It's 7:32 am we should be on our way now," I walked out of the office and she followed me.

The dinner with the Mayor took longer than expected, so I sent Jane home. I headed to the office after the meeting to finish up my work for the day. I didn't feel like going home.

It's 8:53 pm and I'm still in my office. The company is quiet now that everyone has gone home except John and the securities. I still have some contracts to look over and some to sign.

I heard someone knock. That should be John. He is probably here to kick me out.

"Come in," I looked up to see who it was. Britney walked into my office like she owned the place.

"Hey baby, I missed you. You haven't been picking up my calls. A birdie told me you were still here, so I decided to stop by," She smiled making me snort. Looks like I need a new security team.

"Britney, are you stalking me? I believe I told you we are done. We weren't dating we just used each other. We had sex, you got some projects. And that was it. Why do I have to keep reminding you? You should know better," I said to her.

"Darling take it easy, I'm not here to bother you. I just wanted to see you. I missed you," She walked towards me and sat on my desk facing me. She wore a mini skirt and a crop top. "I promise after this you won't see me again," She said caressing my body. She started kissing my neck.

What difference does it make? I need this to clear my mind anyway. This should help me stop thinking about Jane.

I pulled her closer to me and started kissing her lips not thinking about her. I carried and laid her on my desk.

She removed my belt and my jacket.

We were both half-naked when someone walked in without knocking. I looked up to see Jane's shocked face.

She looked disappointed.

I froze, I couldn't take my eyes off her. Strangely, I felt an unpleasant feeling. I felt like I betrayed her, but I had no reason to feel this way. We are not even dating.

Britney's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "What the hell! Who are you? How dare you walk in like that?" She yelled at Jane making her snap out of it.

"I'm sorry...I...I didn't mean to barge in on you. Uh...Yeah, I should go," She said and walked out of the office.

Everything in me told me to run after her, but my legs won't move.

"Who's she? She doesn't even matter. She's not important. Come on baby let's just finish what we started," She pulled me closer to her. "Get out!" I yelled.

"But babe..." She touched me again and I smacked her hands off me. "I said get out of my office. Now!" I yelled again. She picked up her stuff and left. I pulled up my pants and walked out of my office.

I clenched my teeth when I remembered the look Jane gave me before she ran out of my office.

"Is everything okay sir? Jane ran out without saying a word to me and she's not like that. If I'm not mistaken, I think she was crying. What happened?" John asked when we got to the parking lot.

"Nothing. Just give me the car key I want to drive," I ordered. "No Liam, I can't do that. You don't look like you are in the state of mind to drive. It's my job to protect you," I clenched my teeth showing him how irritated I was.

"Give me the damn key. It's an order," I yelled at him. He realized I was going to back down, so he gave me the key. I walked to the driver's side and John managed to enter the car before I drove off.

Why was she crying? She said she doesn't want this.

What have I done?

This is what I was trying to avoid.

Jane's P.O.V

I don't know why this hurt but it hurts. This hurt so much and it shouldn't.

After what I saw in Liam's office, I remembered everything Luke did to me. It just brought back painful memories.

When am I going to stop repeating the same mistake, falling for the wrong guys?

This shouldn't hurt me, we are not even dating. That is who he is and I know that. So why am I like this? Did I fall for him? Why does my heart betray me all the time?

What have I done to myself?

This is the wake-up call I need.

It's about time I get back to my life and stop living in Lala land.

It's only Tuesday, but I'm already tired of working. I stopped being friendly with Liam. It's better that way. I need to stay focused and get my life back.

I mostly communicate with him via email. I only speak when it's needed. I'm doing my best to avoid him even though I'm his Executive Assistant.

I didn't mention anything about last night neither did he.

I checked my watch to see it was 10:42 a.m. Why is the time slow on a day like this?

The office phone rang snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ms. Collins, see me in my office now," Liam said. I straightened my dress and walked to his office. I knocked on the door and walked in after hearing a verbal response. "You wanted to see me, sir," I asked and he gestured for me to sit down.

He had on his usual cold face.

He cleared his throat relaxing on his chair. He pointed to a brown envelope on his desk. "My father sent that to me. It's a project. It's a new product coming out. We are going to South Korea to talk to some of our designers over there and also strategize. I need to personally initiate it before it is handed over to the product management team." He said.

"Okay, when are we going to South Korea?" I asked. "Tomorrow. The jet should be ready by 3 a.m. We need to be at the airport by 2:30 a.m. John and I will pick you up around 1 a.m.," He said briefly.

What! That's too early.

"We need to start working on this project as soon as possible" He stated. "Okay, Is that all?" I asked professionally. He nodded "Yes, you can go," I stood up and walked towards the door.

I was about to open the door when his voice stopped me. I took a deep breath before turning to face him. "Jane, can we talk about last night?" He asked.

"No, sir. There's nothing to talk about. I'm sorry for barging in on your cozy evening. That would never happen again" I said and left his office.

I went straight to the bathroom. I let out another deep breath before walking away.

It's time for lunch. I logged off my computer, took my purse, and walked towards Jade's office.

"Jade, are you going for lunch?" I asked her. "Sure, let's go", She grabbed her purse and we left.

After lunch, we went back to the office and Liam told me to leave early so that I could pack my clothes for the three-day trip.

When I got home I called Arie and Greg to tell them about the trip.

I packed my clothes and went off to bed after taking a shower.

My phone woke me up with a loud ring. I picked it up without opening my eyes. "Hello," I answered in a sleepy voice. "Jane, are you ready? We're downstairs, let's go" Liam said and hung up.

What?!

What time is it?

I checked the clock and it was 1:15 am. OMG! I rushed to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and wore a hoodie and blue jeans. I picked up my bag and ran downstairs.

When I got downstairs I saw angry-looking Liam standing by the door. "You're late," He said before entering the car. "I'm sorry," I apologized sincerely.

The ride to the airport was quiet and comfortable for me.

When we got to Greenwood's private airport, there was lots of security. It's a big airport for a private one. Why would they need a private airport? These super-rich folks do the must.

We entered one of their private jets and buckled up. We were told it was going to take 14 hours and 20 minutes to fly to Seoul, South Korea. I sat back to relax. It didn't take much for me to fall asleep.

Liam's P.O.V

I can't take my eyes off her. She looks so peaceful while sleeping, her face is so relaxed, and all the anger is gone. She's beautiful.

I stood up to get a bigger blanket and covered her with it. I decided to sit next to her. I gently move some of the hair falling on her face to the back of her ear making her move a little.

She had never been this mad at me before. Not even when I moved her to New York.

How is it possible for me to miss her even when she's right here with me? I miss her smile, the way she talks to me, and those lips of hers.

It has just been 24 hours.

I sighed and adjusted the blanket before I moved back to my seat.

"So, are you going to tell me what's going on?" John asked suddenly. "About what?" I asked avoiding his face. "Come on Liam you know what I'm talking about," He said.

I don't want to talk about it.

"There's nothing to talk about John. Not here, not now" I let out a breath and closed my eyes to sleep. John didn't push it.

Thank goodness.

After 14 hours on the plane, we finally landed in Seoul. Jane woke up like 6 hours before we landed. The ride to the hotel was so boring, Jane wasn't talking to me and it kinda sucks.

She might be right here with me physically, but she's far away from me. I miss her cheerful side.

I need to fix this. I don't know how long this is going to last, and I can't take it anymore.

Whether you like it or not Jane, you're stuck with me.

Jane heaved a sigh looking out the window, amused by the beautiful things she was seeing.

I can take her sightseeing. I know she's going to love it. There are a lot of places to visit in Seoul and a lot of food to try.

The car was parked in front of our hotel.

This is my second time here in South Korea. The first time I came with my dad. Now I'm here with Jane and of course John. As usual, John spoke to the receptionist and we took the elevator to our floor.

"Liam here is your card. I'll be on my way to my room. Good night Liam. Ms. Collins Have a wonderful night," He smiled at her and Jane replied to him with a beautiful smile.

The smile I've been dying to see. Suddenly the smile faded when she saw me staring at her. "Where's my key? I need to rest" She asked John before he could walk away. That question brought a goofy smile on my face.

"Sorry, Ms. Collins but Mr. Greenwood said you both will be sharing the penthouse" The surprise on her face made me want to laugh out loud but her gaze changed my mind.

If only her gaze could kill. I'll be 6 feet down by now.

"What?!" She yelled. "Calm down Jane. It's not like we're going to share a bed" I replied nonchalantly. But that won't be a bad idea.

"You're unbelievable. You perv. Can't I be left alone? Gosh!" She said angrily. John noticed the tension between us and decided to walk away. He was about to leave, but Jane stopped him again.

"John why don't you share the penthouse with Mr. Greenwood and I'll take your room," She said smiling like she solved a problem.

John turned to look at me and I gave him the look 'Say yes and you're dead'.

"Ms. Collins, don't worry you're going to be fine. Bye!" John said and rushed to his room. Good choice my friend, good choice. I turn to face Jane with a smile of satisfaction.

"Ms. Collins, I guess you're stuck with me," I said making her clench her teeth. "Am I allowed to sleep in their washroom? Trust me the last thing I wanna do is to share a space with you," She said and walked towards the penthouse.

We got inside and our luggage was brought up almost immediately. Jane took her luggage and entered her room without saying goodnight.

"Goodnight to you too. Don't forget we have a meeting at 8 am," I said out loud for her to hear, and she shut her door with force making a loud bang.

I heaved a phony sigh and walked towards my room.

I woke up smelling bacon and eggs. I went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the meeting. After dressing up, I walked out of my room to check on Jane.

I saw Jane setting up the small dining. That explains why I have smelled bacon and eggs since I woke up.

"Good morning sir," She said. It's indeed a good morning. She's finally talking to me, I think.

"I think we still have 15 minutes to eat before we leave. So I made breakfast," She said tiredly without looking at me. The jetlag must be getting to her.

"Thanks but you know there's room service right" She looked at me. "And you know we have a kitchen, right?" She said with sarcasm. "Okay," I sang and sat down to eat. This is another side of Jane.

Jane's P.O.V

After the most boring meeting I've ever attended. We are finally done for the day. I didn't understand anything they were saying. They only spoke English a few times. How many languages can Liam speak? He doesn't need me here. So why did he ask me to come to South Korea with him?

After the meeting, we returned to the hotel at 3 p.m. I was glad the meeting was over. We got to the hotel, and we were on our way to the elevator when Liam was stopped by one of the managers.

I stood there trying not to look bored or tired. It's taking them forever. What are they talking about?

I heard a familiar voice call my name, and I turned to see a familiar face. I couldn't believe it. I covered my mouth with my hands in surprise. I wasn't expecting to meet anybody in South Korea, especially, my childhood friend.

"Aiden?! Aiden Anderson! Is that you?" I screamed causing attention. "Jane! It's me." He said with a grin on his face.

We both embraced each other. He lifted me and I couldn't feel my foot on the ground anymore. He placed kisses all over my face like we were old lovers.

"I missed you!" He said putting me down. "I missed you too! What are you doing here?" I asked still surprised to see him.

"I'm here for business. You know I'm in charge of my family's business now." He said still smiling.

He was my crush when we were young. He's more handsome now, and he looks hotter than ever before.

"And you? What are you doing here?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts. "Uh? Oh, Business trip. I work for Greenwood Corps. I'm the Executive Assistant," I said.

"Really? Wow. The same Greenwood?" He asked. "Yeah, you know them?" I asked curiously. "Of course, they have companies around the world. One of their companies is pretty close to mine in London." He said.

"Wow!" I said and I heard Liam clear his throat. I turned my head to see Liam standing close to me with an irritated look on his face.

"Jane?" Aiden called my name hoping for an introduction. "Oh sorry, where are my manners? Aiden this is my boss, Mr. Liam Greenwood. Liam, this is my childhood friend, Aiden Anderson," I introduced them to each other.

They shook each other's hands. "So Jane, we have a lot to catch up on. You left London without telling me. So... how about dinner?" He asked hopefully. "Yeah sure... of course. When?" I asked him.

"Do you have any plans for tonight?" He asked. "No, I don't," I said with a smile. "Okay, how about tonight at 8?" He smiled. "It's a date," I replied with a smile.

"Okay, see you then," He kissed my cheeks. I told him where our penthouse was located before he left.

I turned to face Liam who was looking so furious, ready to punch a wall.

"You two have some nerve asking each other out right in front of me." He said under his breath, but I could hear him. I pretended like I didn't hear him.

He's right, he is my boss after all. I think I took advantage of his friendship, but I pretended not to care just because.

He walked to the elevator without saying anything else and I followed him. When we got inside, I remembered I didn't pack any dress for a date. I wasn't expecting one.

Which means I need to go shopping. I wanted to tell Liam about my trip to the store, but I couldn't find him so I left.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 163K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
86.8K 2.6K 78
"plzz Eric don't do this to him. He is innocent." I begged. "So..." He asked annoyed. "Didn't I tell you to stay away from him? Now bear the conseque...
107K 2.2K 88
"W-we can't d-do this." I said shakily as he locks the door behind him and it immediately shut off the noises of the drunk adults laughter. "We've be...
2.1M 69.4K 54
I pushed him with as much force as I could which made him stumble slightly but he succeeded in maintaining his balance and escaped from falling. That...