Liar | Dukeceit

By bobthebuilder2017

Deceit has had enough, and he can't do it anymore. He can't deal with the pain of burdening the others. His... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 3

1.4K 83 89
By bobthebuilder2017

He didn't know what to think.

Why was Roman here?

Deceit swallowed the mouthful of cookie he had in his mouth, then slowly pushed the plate away from him.

"I asked you a question, fiend!"

When he turned around, he was met with a sword in his face, pointed directly at his throat.

Roman was wearing his normal attire from what Deceit could see. 

Though, he did look like he had just came back from a fight.

He must have been in imagination, fighting with one of those Dragon Witches again...

"Oh, so am I not allowed to eat now?" Said Deceit in a venomous tone.

"Not in our kitchen you can't. You aren't welcome here Deceit. No one wants you here, so just get out!"

Roman pulled his sword away slightly  and Deceit hissed in response to his rude remark.

"No. I will leave. I don't have the right to eat here! I am not one of you!"

There was a sudden burst of fake laughter, it was almost like Remus'.

"Hah! Okay, Jack the Fibber, let me tell you this," Roman's 'laughter' was cut short as his lips were now in a thin line.

He moved his sword back to Deceit's throat, a little too close, causing him to move backwards slightly.

He was almost fear-stricken when he saw the look of pure anger on the Prince's face.

"You, will never be one of us. You are a liar, a snake," Now, Deceit's back was pressed against the counter in front of the plate of cookies.

... and there was a very sharp sword pressed to his throat.

"You are evil, you're the villain, and no one, not even Remus, wants you here!"

Deceit didn't dare move a muscle, all he could see, was the pure flames, that were aggressively burning in Roman's eyes.

As well as that, he could feel a liquid trickling down his throat, and he now only realised how hard the sword was pressed against his flesh.

"If I ever see you in here again? Your throat won't be the only thing bleeding."

The fear in his eyes was enough for the prince.

Smirking, he removed the sword from the other's neck, and wiped the end of it on his sash, before putting it back in the sheath.

"Now," Said Roman in a low, menacing tone. "Get out of here and stay away from my family. I can't bare to look at you much longer."

With that, Deceit instantly sunk down, desperately trying to compress his tears as he replayed that last sentence over in his head again.

He mentally scoffed, why did they have to constantly poke at his appearance?

When Deceit rose up again, he was in Remus' room, but the lights were on.

Expecting to see his boyfriend in bed, asleep like he normally was at this hour, he was instead met with Remus standing directly in front of him, a worried look on his face.

"Hey, Dee, what happened?"

He tried to speak, but no words would come out, instead, his chest tightened.

And in that moment, Roman's words echoed painfully around his head,

"No one, not even Remus, wants you here!"

Finally, the tears spill, racing down his face as he erupted into sobs.

Remus, in his dark green pyjamas, instantly pulled Deceit close, wrapping his arms tightly around his neck.

"Hey, it's okay... shhh, it's alright, I've got you now. You're safe."

In response, Deceit hugged back, burying his face in Remus' collar bone, breathing in the scent.

Though, it wasn't until a few moments later that he realised that his blood was getting on Remus' pyjamas.

He didn't care though, he pulled away a minute later after feeling like he had calmed down.

He looked at Remus in the eyes with a saddened smile.

"What happened to your throat?" He suddenly asked, gaze fixated on the cut, (obviously not caring about the blood stains on himself).

"I... do you love me, Remus?" He looked a little taken back at the question.

"What? Of course I do! Dee... seriously, what happened?"

"I-I... I... Roman... he..."

Deceit couldn't finish, his voice trailing off into broken whispers.

Remus snapped his fingers, and his boyfriend's clothes materialised, changing into his yellow pyjamas with the snake pattern on them.

"C'mon, lets go get you cleaned up." Deceit followed Remus to the bathroom which was also connected to the bedroom.

He quickly summoned Deceit's toothbrush, and rinsed it under the tap.

Then, he picked up the toothpaste, which was sat on the sink.

"I've already brushed my teeth, so would you like me to brush yours?"

There was a faint nod from Deceit as he wiped his face of fresh tears that had accidentally slipped out, and then he sniffled.

"Alright, okay, I just need you to let your fangs down, okay?"

Deceit did so, and Remus got to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now almost half past one in the morning.

The couple were in bed, Deceit cuddling into Remus, with his head on his chest.

There was a small, ninja turtle bandaid on Deceit's throat, he did object to it as it seemed a bit 'childish', but gave up on trying to get it changed.

Remus was stubborn. Extremely, stubborn.

Whilst cleaning the wound, Remus promised that he would 'talk' to Roman and give him a lesson, but the cruel words were branded in his mind.

"You, will never be one of us..."

"You are a liar, a snake."

"You are evil."

"You're the villain."

"No one wants you here..."

"You-" His thoughts, that were questioning his self-worth, had been abruptly stopped when he heard the soft rumble of Remus' chest; he was signing a soft tune.

A song, that Deceit remembered hearing Thomas listen too, by Ben Platt. That 'Dear Evan Hansen' person. 

"You gave me the world that I wanted
What did I do to deserve you?"

Deceit smiled softly and snuggled even closer.

"I follow your steps with my feet
I walk on the road that you started
I need you to know that I heard you, every word,"

Deceit felt his eyes droop close, a wave of tiredness coming over him.

All he could feel, were the soft fingertips in his hair, soothing him.

"I've waited way too long to say Everything you mean to me,"

He sighed in content at the softness of Remus' voice, it was almost like a lullaby.

"In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now
I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around
In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth,"

But there was a doubt in the back of his head.

A thought, that frustrated him.

"I'm everything that I am because of you..."

Deceit sighed again.

Did he really want to die?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 149 14
Janus 'Deceit' Sanders and Remus 'Duke' Sanders have been bestfriends since the split, though Janus acted as the responsible, adult one despite being...
318K 12.6K 40
Virgil couldn't take it anymore. All his life he never wanted anything more than to become a light side, to be able to protect Thomas, his host. But...
13.3K 943 25
Deceit and Patton have feelings for one another. They visit each other secretly, not wanting the other sides to know about their relationship out of...
3K 215 25
Deceit is convinced that even though he's been "Accepted" He's not really. He can tell by how everyone is acting, even Remus. And he is proven right...