shattered heart | j.j.k

By jiminiechimchimjams

He looked at me and smirked. "If I flip a coin, what are the chances of me getting head tonight?" More

Transfer | 1
Detention | 2
Detention Pt 2 | 3
Partner Project | 4
Need a Change of Clothes? | 5
Sleep Over | 6
Rumors | 7
Ignoring You | 8
Boba Date | 9
Drunk Pt 1 | 10
Drunk Pt 2 | 11
Hangover | 12
Late Again? | 13
Threats | 14
Pain | 15
New Accomplices | 16
Lunch | 17
Cleaning Duty | 18
Janitor's Closet | 19
Boyfriend? | 20
Wet Dream | 21
Avoiding You | 22
Intoxicated Pt 1 | 23
Intoxicated Pt 2 | 24
Back to Normal | 25
Birthday | 26
I Like Him? | 27
Girlfriend | 28
Dinner | 30
School Couple | 30
Period | 31
Bathroom | 32
Rainy Day | 33
"Family" | 34
Movie Night | 35
Dress Shopping | 36
Getting Ready | 37
Winter Formal | 38
Christmas Eve | 39
Framed | 40
Passed Out | 41
Hospital Room | 42
Our Memories | 43
Graduation | 44
The Truth | 45
Break Up | 46
Apology | 47
Redemption | 48
Redemption Pt 2 | 49
Towel | 50
Pleasure | 51
Haunted | 52
Thief | 53
I Love You | 54
Confession | 55
Movie "Date" | 56
Car Crash | 57
Sweet Revenge | 59
I'm Sorry | 60
Knife | 61
Dead | 62
I Love You | 63
First Kiss | 64
The End | 65
Epilogue | 66

Interrogation | 58

4K 128 1
By jiminiechimchimjams

Y/N's POV:

The next couple of days were like hell. I cried every single day, blaming myself for his injured state. The members always assured me that it wasn't my fault, but I couldn't help but think that if I just listened to Jungkook, he wouldn't be like this.

The first day of his emergency surgery, I stayed all night and even the next day until Taehyung told me to go home. I came back every single day after that even when the staff wouldn't let me visit him.

Every once in awhile while waiting, I would walk up to his hospital room and look at him through the small window, tearing up at his injured state.

It has already been a week since the car accident, and I've been slaving away talking with the police about the person that hit Jungkook. The man obviously didn't run that far before pedestrians tackled him down and took him the police.

Officers have been trying to get him to talk, but he's been silent throughout all the interrogation sessions. They suspect that there's more to the story than him just not paying attention to the street lights.

My parents still are unaware of the whole situation. I didn't inform them because they'd be too worried and make me stop everything.

Jungkook's parents on the other hand don't look the slightest bit worried and I absolutely despise them for that. Your child is basically on their deathbed and you don't even bat an eye. They've only visited him once ever since the accident and have the medical bills mailed to their house.

"Ma'am, please sit here. Mr. Jung will be here shortly."

The police forced me to answer questions about the incident, and even if they didn't, I'd still voluntarily do it. I would do anything to catch the suspect. I waited in the dimly lit room for around 15 minutes when a tall, cloaked man stepped in and seated himself right across from me.

"Hello," he said, hesitating. "Miss. Hye?"

"Umm, yeah, that's me."

"Okay, so, we suspect that the man was a mere guinea pig for someone else after reviewing the CCTV footage. He appeared to be listening to instructions from someone through his ear piece. Let me ask you this, do you have any enemies?"

My eyes widened for a moment before answering, "I do have this one girl that doesn't like me. Her name's Ji Woo and she was my school bully. I don't know if she's a suspect for this crime though since I graduated from high school around 7 months ago and we haven't crossed paths ever since."

The man nodded and scribbled something on his notepad.

"Did she have a motive to target you? The car seemed to head towards you before your boyfriend saved you."

I frowned. If it was supposed to be me that should've died, then Jungkook shouldn't have saved me and risked his life. I felt a pang of guilt in my heart.

'It was me. It was my destiny. But Jungkook saved me, once again and look where that got him. It should've been me, not him. I'm sorry Jeon.'

"He's not actually my boyfriend, Jungkook's just a good friend. He and Ji Woo were dating while she was bullying me, and when he found out, he broke up with her."

Mr. Jung's eyebrows furrowed and he again, wrote something on his notepad.

"That makes her our number one suspect. Are there any more people that would have a motive to target you?"

The whole entire high school basically disliked me, but I don't think that any of them would actually go this far. Most of the people that despised me only did so because Ji Woo told them to.

"Umm, no, I don't think so."

"Okay Miss., I'll be asking you a couple questions about what happened at the scene. Do your best to answer them and please answer honestly."

I nodded and he set his laptop on the white table.

Mr. Jung was pulling up a video of what seemed to be footage of what happened that day.

"Did you notice anything weird that day? Were there any people following you?"

I thought for a moment before replying.

"Well, I don't know if this counts as weird, but I did see some of Ji Woo's friends going to the same theatre as me. I don't know if they were following me, but they were seated directly in front of our seats and walked across the street at the same time."

"Okay, I'm going to make you rewatch this. Tell me if you notice anything new."

I watched the whole five minute clip. At first, I didn't remember anything weird or new that could be useful until I saw Jungkook get hit in the head with their selfie stick.

"Wait! Pause the clip!"

Mr. Jung paused the clip and looked at me. "Did you see something?"

"I'm not sure if this is really important, but I think the two girls were broadcasting their trip live on Instagram.

He nodded and seemed to check something off his list.

"As suspected," he murmured.

"Wait, what?"

"Since you were in the background of the video, the culprit probably watched that Instagram live to see your exact location."

Then a lightbulb went off in my head.

"Actually, I think she used two sources." I got out my phone and pulled up my Instagram. Since the girls were really popular, I had no difficult finding their public profiles. I scrolled through their photos and clicked on the post from that day.

'I knew it.'

"That day, I saw the two girls taking pictures during the movie and they must've posted it right after, tagging the location," I explained. I pointed to the location feature and Mr. Jung raised his eyebrows.

"That's how the guy had time to drive to the theatre and carry out the plan," he said impressed.

"You're really smart, how about becoming a detective for a living?"

I chuckled for a bit and politely said, "I'm actually a music major, I'm trying to become a music producer/songwriter." Then I remembered how Jungkook was so enthusiastic about music and performing arts.

'I like you so much Jeon Jungkook. Everything I think about correlates to you.'

I suddenly felt impatient to finish this questioning to visit Jungkook.

"Ahhh, okay, I wish you luck with your career!" he replied sweetly.

"Thank you!"

The rest of the questioning went on for around another hour and by the end of it, I was so tired and drained of my energy, but a lot of my questions were answered through it.

I was certain that Ji Woo was the culprit behind this. There couldn't be anyone else in the picture besides her now, it was so obvious. Mr. Jung reassured me that they'd get a search warrant to finally investigate her even though it was clear who the murderer was.

"I'm sorry Jungkook, I know I keep repeating this, but it's my fault that you got hit. She was going after me, not you," I whispered.

I was currently in the hospital, sitting on a waiting bench. The nurses still forbid me to enter his room, so I was looking through his pictures on my phone, crying to myself.

You don't know how much you'll miss someone until they're gone. Looking through all our memories, I felt suffocated in regret. If everything was going to end this way, why didn't I make use of our time together?

Why did I was okay with being only friends when I clearly liked him more than one. Why didn't I just confess to him and take a risk because now, I might never know his answer. Why did he have to take the hit instead of me?

Tears welled up in my eyes and poured down my cheeks, spilling all over my phone screen.

Each swipe and photo I looked at made me regret everything even more. These actions continued for an extensive amount of time before exhaustion overcame me. My eyelids closed, my head loosely draping, and my shoulders lazily drooped.

'I love you Jeon Jungkook.'

To be Continued...

author's note: okay so i hope a lot more things make sense after this chapter. if you couldn't tell, ji woo is obviously the culprit. i don't know if this is how true interrogations work, i'm sorry if it doesn't make sense, but i hope ya'll enjoyed the chapter anyway.

thanks for reading ily! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 168 7
so in this book after people who are really good weather they be an angel, human or a demon die they become ghosts. these ghosts live in a kingdom ca...
111K 2.2K 37
Y/n is a girl who need to get away from her life in America, there was just to much drama surrounding her. Just when she thinks her life is starting...
20.9K 723 36
She was never happy. As a fighter, her task was to help out other people to not become like her; dead, soulless, cold, and have no feelings at all. O...
276K 8.3K 35
"C'mon it's not like you have feelings for me." - Jeon Jungkook