The Family

By AMAC45

Talia has a lot of secrets, but her biggest secret she hopes nobody will ever find out. Her secret could put... More

Before You Read
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
Introduction Of New Teams
103
104
105
106
107
108

1

12.1K 179 33
By AMAC45

Talia's POV

"I hope you all had a well rested off-season..." Laura says then does her speech.

I still don't understand why we're starting preseason so early.

"...Alright I'll see all of you for the start of pre-season tomorrow...oh Talia I need to see you before you leave."

Great.

I look at Christen and she smiles at me.

"It'll be okay." She mouths.

Everyone from the team leaves so I walk up to coach.

"Hey Talia." Coach says.

I just smile at her.

Coach talks to me about some things then lets me go home. I go to my car then head to the apartment I'm sharing with Christen and Kelley.

For some reason my parents bought me an apartment to live in during the season.

I was signed in 2019 by Utah before the season and my apartment has 3 bedrooms so I told Laura when I signed that if anybody needed a place to stay then I have two spare rooms. Kelley and Christen took me up on the offer on the condition that their significant others could stay with us when they were in town and I obviously agreed so we've been roommates ever since.

Once I get to the apartment building I park then head into the apartment only to find Christen, Kelley, and Becky waiting for me.

"You knew didn't you?" I ask.

"Congrats Talia." Becky says and hugs me.

"NATIONAL TEAM BUDDIES." Kelley yells.

"Am I rooming with her?" I ask and point to Kelley.

"Rude." Kelley says and pouts.

"We don't know roommates yet." Christen says.

- - - - -

"Come on Freckles." Christen says causing me to playfully scowl at her, but follow her anyways.

Christen came up with that nickname since I'm blonde with freckles.

We just arrived at the 2020 Olympic Qualifying Tournament camp and we are getting our room assignments and other stuff at the hotel in NYC. The games, at least for our group, will be played at Red Bull Arena.

"Hello ladies." Someone says.

I think her name is Jill.

"Welcome to camp...here are your room keys."

I take my key then Christen and I head up to the floor with the National Team rooms.

For some reason mine and Christen's flight was later than Becky and Kelley's.

"Are you my roommate?" I ask.

"No I'm rooming with Kelley."

"Oh...do you know who my roommate is?"

"No, but I'll go with you to find out." Christen says.

I nod then we walk to my room. I use the key card then walk into the room and see my roommate with her back to me.

"Hey." Christen says.

My roommate turns around and reveals herself to us.

"TOBY." I shout then run and hug her.

"Hey Munchkin." Tobin says and hugs back.

Since Christen lives with me during the season Tobin has stayed with us a lot and she's became a very good friend.

"Your my roommate?" I ask.

"Looks like it."

"Cool."

"Talia we are gonna be here for 2 weeks so you need to unpack." Christen says.

I nod then begin putting my stuff away as Christen and Tobin get comfortable on Tobin's bed

"So Talia how are you liking Utah?" Tobin asks.

"It's nice, but some girl keeps hitting on Christen."

"Who?" Tobin seethes making me back away from her. "Oh sorry sweetie. I'm not mad at you, but can you tell me who's flirting with my girl?"

"Vero." I say.

"Talia usually stops it before it starts." Christen says.

"How?" Tobin asks.

"She picks me up and takes me away from the girl."

"That's my Munchkin." Tobin says and smiles at me.

"Hey..." I say and frown at Tobin. "I'm taller than you."

"You're still my Munchkin."

"Fine." I playfully groan since I sorta like the nickname then I finish putting my stuff away. "I'm done."

"Cool. Now for me to unpack." Christen says.

Tobin and I wordlessly follow her out of our room and down the hall to her room. On the way to her room we pass by some girls so Tobin and Christen say hi to them while I keep my head down until we get to her room.

"Are you decent?" Christen says.

"Yes." Kelley says so we walk into the room.

"Hey Kels." I say.

"Hey Talia."

"Babe who are you talking too?" A voice says from the bathroom as Christen starts unpacking.

"If you'd come out of the bathroom you'd find out." Kelley says.

The bathroom door opens and the person comes out into the room

"ALEX." I shout and hug her.

"Hey Blondie" Alex says and hugs back.

Alex and Kelley are married so she's stayed with us whenever Orlando is in town or during her off weeks and we've become close.

"Visiting your squirrelly wife?" I ask.

"Hey." Kelley says and throws a shirt at me.

"Yep." Alex says and takes the shirt from me. "Decided to help her unpack."

"Sure." I say with a smirk.

"What?" Kelley asks.

"Kels your shirt is on inside out and backwards."

"Oops."

"Eh I expected it." I say as Kelley fixes her shirt.

"Alright." Christen says as she finishes unpacking. "We have dinner so let's go down."

All of us leave the room and head to some room in the hotel.

I'm just following the group.

Once we get to what I assume is the team meeting room we get in line for food.

"Hey Talia." Someone behind me says so I turn around.

"Hi Becky." I say then hug her.

I then look behind her and wave at Becky's wife Carli, who waves back.

I've met Carli twice so we know each other, but we aren't as close as I am with Tobin and Alex.

I then turn around and follow the line and get my food before I go and sit at a table alone.

I don't want to ruin the team dynamic.

After I get done eating Christen tells me we have a meeting so I sit down in-between Christen and Kelley. Once the meeting is over Becky looks back at me.

"Talia would it be okay for the team to ask you questions?" Becky asks and I nod.

"Alright everyone text me your questions." Christen says and everyone looks at her weirdly. "Just trust me."

As people are texting Christen, Becky motions me to the front of the room so I walk to the front.

"Alright." Kelley says and looks at Christens phone. "The general stuff."

"Um Hi. I'm Talia Martin. I'm 20 years old. I went to Florida State and was signed in 2019 by Utah"

"Ali wants to know what position or positions you play?" Christen says.

"Left back, left center back, and right striker."

"And why those positions?" Kelley asks.

"Um I'm left footed so I was always placed in those positions."

"What did you study in college?" Kelley asks after reading off Christen's phone.

"I'm gonna be real honest with you. Florida State isn't the best academic school and I only stayed for like 5 months then I was signed by Utah after we won the national championship. I did my course work just not to the best of my ability"

"And what's the best of your ability?" Becky asks.

"I was Valedictorian of my high school if that tells you anything." I say.

"Pinoe wants to know the toughest attacker you've faced?" Christen asks.

"I'll let you know when I find trouble with someone."

"Sam wants to know how tall you are." Kelley says.

"5 foot 11."

"Who were your favorite players growing up?" Christen asks.

"Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidić, Patrice Evra, Ali Krieger and Becky."

"Aww." Kelley says.

"Now I feel old." Becky groans.

"Same." Ali Krieger says.

"Ehh." I say. "You both look like you're in your twenties."

"This is why I love you." Becky says.

"What sports did you play growing up?" Kelley asks.

"Soccer, Hockey, Lacrosse, and Fencing."

"You played all those in high school?" Christen asks.

"No just soccer. I stopped playing the other three competitively before 9th grade, but I still play them when I have free time."

"Damn." Ali says.

"What's your hidden talent?" Becky asks.

"Um I don't know if I have one" I say and look at Christen and Kelley.

"You do." Kelley says.

"I do?"

"What do you do when you're annoyed at the apartment?" Christen asks.

"Oh I play guitar, but that's not hidden. I just have no place to play in public."

"You play guitar in your apartment." Alyssa Naeher asks and I nod.

"Is that not loud?" Sam Mewis asks and I shake my head.

"Talia uses headphones and plugs it into her amp." Kelley says.

"I want to see that." Pinoe says and I shrug.

"Can we see one day Blondie?" Alex asks.

"Maybe." I say.

"Mal wants to know how long you've been this tall." Christen asks.

"I've been 5 foot 11 since I was fifteen which kinda sucks because I had to take my birth certificate to every game in high school."

"Emily wants to know if you've met your soulmate yet?" Kelley says then everyone looks at me.

"Not yet."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 7.3K 52
Sage is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her father. Her mother has become abusive and hasn't let Sage out of the h...
Journey By Alex

Fanfiction

131K 4.7K 78
Everyone has a story Everyone has trials Everyone has tribulations Everyone has a Journey Welcome to mine
The Crown By Alex

Fanfiction

252K 9K 74
Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen when her biggest secret comes to light and...
Depth By Alex

Fanfiction

375K 6.7K 49
Cairo is a very closed off person. She has a lot of layers to her and most of those layers she won't let anyone see or hear about. Her life as she kn...