The Other Lightwood. (Jace He...

By izzy1d2001

Rosalie Sage Lightwood. Older twin sister to Isabelle, and younger sister to Alexander. When she was... More

#1
#2
Important Please Read!
#3
#4
#5
#6
# 7
# 8
#10
#11
#12
#13
Important
# 14
I'M SO SO SORRY!!!
# 15
# 16
# 17
# 18
PLEASE READ.
IMPORTANT
#19
#20
Please Read
#21
So So Sorry!!!
#22
Thank You!
#23
#24
#25
#26
#27
#28
#29
#30
Author's Note
#31
#32

#9

5.8K 87 16
By izzy1d2001

Rose was at a chair at one of the tables, watching everywhere else but Jace and Clary, as they were talking/looking at the Cup.

The sound of a whip made Rose look up.

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." Izzy said, giving the Cup back to Clary, who put it away.

"Alec, what are you doing? You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angle blood to get past the wards. You know that." Jace said as he went over to him.

"No Downworlder can come into the institute." Jace said.

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter." Izzy added.

"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave." Alec said.

"Give it back to the Clave? No. Not after everything we went through to get it." Clary said.

"My brother is right." Izzy told her

Rose nodded in agreement, getting a look from Jace, to which, she ignored.

"The Cup is extremely important." Izzy said.

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec asked.

"I'm full of surprises." She said.

"The Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back." Clary said.

"I agree with Clary." Jace started.

Rose rolled her eyes.

"Of course you do..." Rose mumbled to herself.

"We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip."

"Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons and even kill a mundane if they drank from it. But I promise you, I will not let that monster get his hands on it." Clary said.

"There you go. You have her word." Jace said.

Alec sighed.

"Follow me."

The two left, and Rose sighed again.

She spun her chair around a few times before she came to an abrupt stop, as she heard the monitor beeping, getting louder each time.

"What the.... huh?" Alec said looking at it.

Then, the alarm blared.

"There's something outside the perimeter." Jace said.

"I told you..." Jace cut Alec off.

"Don't say it."

The four of them looked at the monitor.

"What's happening?" Clary asked.

"Looks like someone's trying to break in." Izzy said.

"Could be the Circle." Jace said, as they started to walk towards the door.

"Told you so." Alec said.

"Too soon." Jace just told him.

The four went out, not waiting for Clary.

Weapons raised and ready, as they went around the few trees.

"Don't move." Jace said as they saw a man, holding what looked to be a person.

"Drop what you're holding. Put your hands up." Alec said.

Clary just then joined them.

As the man put who he was holding down, Rose saw who it was, and gasped slightly.

"Oh, my god, Simon!" Clary said.

Jace and Raphael took Simon into the outside side door to the basement.

Rose stood off in the corner, staring at her friend.

She may have found him annoying at times, but he was still her friend, and she still cared.

"People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter." Jace said.

"I'll go. I'll tell them we didn't find anything. Nobody will come down here." Alec said, before leaving.

"I might be a vampire.... But I was raised a good Catholic." Raphael said.

"The vampires breached the Accords. Killing Simon is grounds for war." Izzy said.

"The vampires were not behind this. Just Camille. She attacked Simon on her own. " Raphael said.

"And how do we know you're telling the truth?" Jace asked him.

"I could have gotten rid of him, but instead I brought him here. I don't want trouble with the Shadowhunters." He said.

"Smart decision." Rose spoke up, still looking over towards Simon.

"I warned the mundane to stay away... But Camille gave him a taste of her own blood, and like an addict.... He came back wanting more."

"The only reason Simon ever tasted Camille's blood is because of you. You kidnapped him! You drug him to Hotel DuMort. You.... You delivered him to Camille!" Clary yelled at him, tears threatening to spill.

"I never meant for this to happen." He defended.

Clary broke down.

"Simon. Simon, please come back, please!" She yelled.

Rose watched, her eyes watering slightly.

"There is a way." Raphael started.

"'A way' what?" Rose asked, in a voice that was almost a forced calm, making eyes go to her.

"A way to bring Simon back."

"You can do that? How? How?" Clary asked.

"He's a fledgling.  It's a state of transition. Your friend can be resurrected."

"No." Jace said.

"Clary, no." Izzy added.

"So I could have Simon back? Alive and breathing?" Clary asked him.

"That's just it. He won't return alive or breathing. He'll be a vampire." Izzy said.

"And not the sexed up, romantic kind. The ugly, bloodsucking, coffin-dwelling kind." Jace added.

"That's offensive."

"Really?" Jace said.

"Coffin implies wooden box. We have caskets now. They're made of 14-karat gold. "

"My bad. "

"It's almost sunrise. Simon must be turned into a vampire tonight or staked through the heart."

"And if I do neither?" Clary asked.

"His soul will be trapped for eternity. You have till sunset to decide. The clock is ticking."

"Clary listen to me. You can't do this. Simon never wanted to be apart of this, you know that. If you do this, he may never forgive you." Rose said coming over towards her.

"It might be the only way to bring him back. Rosalie you don't understand." Clary said.

"Don't. I do understand. I understand completely. Simon wouldn't want this. You know where I stand, and I can't be a part of it." She said, fighting back the part of her that wanted to let go.

Jace went to put a hand on her arm, but Rose shook her head and left, going upstairs.

She went to her room and sat there, one knee to her chest and the other bent underneath her.

She stared at the floor for the longest time, letting a tear fall down her cheek, when she couldn't hold it back anymore.

A knock sounded, making her wipe the tear, and answer it.

She saw both Alec and Izzy standing there.

"Mom and Dad want to see us. They said, because you just got back, that it doesnt apply to you much, but you can still go. You up for it? If not, we have your back." Alec asked.

Rose shook her head slightly.

"I'm okay. And I don't think I'm ready to see them... not yet. I know I can't avoid it, but I'm gonna try."

The two nodded before leaving.

Rose closed the door and went back to where she was.

She was there for a while before going downstairs.

She already knew about Lydia, the envoy from the Clave, and the forsaken attack at the Jade Wolf.

She didn't know that a forsaken was in the institute, and just got killed by Hodge and Alec.

So when she went by the training room she saw Izzy, Hodge, and Alec. The two boys on the floor.

"What the hell?" She said going in the room.

She went with Izzy and Alec, after helping him up, and making sure Hodge was okay.

Alec sat on one of the infirmary beds, beside Izzy and Rosalie.

"Don't squirm." Robert said.

"I'm not. It doesn't even hurt." Alec said, and then his phone rang.

He sighed taking his phone out.

"No talking... just healing." Izzy said as she took the phone, before leaving the room to answer.

Once Izzy left the room, and Alec was bandaged up, Rose left the room.

~~~~
~~~~

Rose was with Izzy at one of the computers, when Meliorn came in the room.

Izzy went up to him, and hugged him, they said a few words before Lydia showed up, and Rose activated her hearing rune.

"Isabelle, please step aside. Meliorn, the Clave has ordered that you be placed under arrest."

"What for?" Izzy asked.

"Soliciting state secrets from a Shadowhunter on behalf of Valentine Morgenstern. Guards."

After the guards took him away, Izzy turned to Lydia.

"Have you lost your mind?" She asked.

"Me? You're lucky that you weren't arrested along with him." Lydia said as she started to walk away, Izzy following.

Rose followed too, but casually, acting like she was going somewhere else.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's our understanding that your long-standing relationship with the Seelie Meliorn, may have led to the disclosure of state secrets."

"What? No! Meliorn told me how to get into the Hotel DuMort so that we could save a mundane."

"And you told him nothing in return? Nobody is blaming you for the attack. Meliorn and the Seelies were likely working with Valentine all along."

"Valentine has been murdering Downworlders and draining their bodies for months. He probably killed those Seelie scouts and used their blood..."

"Do you have proof?" Lydia cut Izzy off.

"Do you?" Izzy shot back.

"I have orders. That's all. I never wanted any of this."

"I don't believe you for a second."

With that Izzy left, coming back over to where Rosalie was standing at one of the monitors, where she watched them.

"I don't like her, and I haven't even met her properly yet." Rose says to Izzy, before leaving.

~~~~
~~~~

Rose sat on one of the tables in the training room, while Izzy talked to Alec, and he trained.

"Hey. You all right?" Jace said as he came up the stairs.

"I'm fine." Alec said.

"I just spoke to Robert and Maryse. They're being sent back to Idris." Jace said.

"What?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah." Jace nodded.

As that was said, Rose went over and joined them.

"Another "order" from Lydia?" Izzy asked Alec, who sighed.

"Who's Lydia?" Jace asked, looking at Rosalie.

"She's in charge of the institute." She said.

"She's what?" Jace looked at Alec.

"Temporarily." He said.

"And now she's convinced the Clave that mom and dad aren't doing their job?" Izzy asked.

"Well, maybe they arent. The institute was under their control when the forsaken got in." Alec said.

"What are you talking about?" Jace asked.

"Mom and Dad were members of the Circle." Alec said.

"What?" Rose asked.

"They don't have Circle runes." Izzy added.

"That's because they made a deal with the Clave prior to the Uprising. In exchange for their cooperation,  they were pardoned." Alec explained.

"You're questioning their loyalty?" Izzy asked.

"Valentine is back. The Circle is rising. They're under suspicion."

"No way. Robert and Maryse took me in. They raised me as one of their own. I know what kind of people they are." Jace said.

"Are you sure? They lied to us. For years, they've been telling us how to act. That we have to uphold the Lightwood name. While, they are the ones who tarnished it. They're hypocrites." Alec shot back.

Lydia then came in the room.

"You must be Jace Wayland. Lydia Branwell. You're quite the legend back in Idris." She went to shake his hand, but put her hand back down as he didn't make a move to shake hers.

"Don't believe everything you hear." He said.

"Did you tell them?" Lydia asked Alec.

"Tell us what?" Rose asked.

"Lydia and I are engaged." Alec said.

"We're getting married." Lydia said.

"You're not serious." Jace said at the same time Rose said.

"Seriously?"

"You were supposed to tell them 'no.' It's your life to ruin." Izzy said as she walked away.

Rose shared a look with Jace, before heading after her.

~~~~
~~~~

"This is insane. We have to put a stop to this." Izzy said as the four of them went to a computer towards the back of the room.

They were going to watch the interrogation for Meliorn.

"Yeah, well, enjoy portaling back to Idris with Mom and Dad." Alec said, sitting down.

"Meliorn is here because of me." Izzy said.

"Alec's right. There's nothing we can do to stop this interrogation." Jace said.

"You're on Alec's side now?" Izzy asked.

"We swore to protect each other, of course he's on my side." Alec said.

"I'm not picking sides. Jace Wayland is Switzerland. We have got to find Valentine. Let's let this play out, Izzy. Meliorn might have some important information." Jace said, trying to stop a huge fight between the siblings.

"Forensics don't lie. Tell me what you know about the blood in the forsaken." Lydia started.

"Have you considered that the blood in the forsaken came from our dead scouts? Scouts sent to help you hunt for Valentine. Why do you think we would side with a murderer?" Meliorn said.

"Seelies always play both sides."

"You should talk your own people about playing sides."

"Excuse me?"

"You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you? If only Shadowhunters had a better relationship with us...  Downworlders, you'd know that Valentine's daughter has the Cup." Meliorn said.

"Still think we should let this play out?" Izzy said.

~~~~
~~~~

Rose stood by Izzy and Jace, looking at the computers and stuff.

Just then, Lydia, Alec, and two guards brought Meliorn out in handcuffs.

"Where are you taking him?" Izzy asked.

"To a holding cell. And a guard unit will transport him to the Silent Brothers." Lydia said, as they walked past.

"You can't do that!" Izzy said.

The three followed after the two.

"It's not our decision, Isabelle. The Clave made the order." Alec said.

"That could be a death sentence to a Downworlder." Jace told him.

"Are you trying to start a war with them? Meliorn's told you everything he knows." Izzy said.

"You don't know that. Maybe we haven't asked the right questions. Seelies often skirt the truth. If he has information on another terrorist attack, it is our responsibility to get it." Lydia agrued.

"Let me talk to him." Izzy said in a softer voice.

"That wasn't exactly helpful in the past." Lydia said.

"But he may not know anything. Alec, this is going to far." Rose said.

"We don't have a choice." He said before they went in the elevator.

~~~~
~~~~

"And neither do we." Jace said.

Rose, Izzy, and Jace were all in the training room with Magnus, explaining why they needed him to get Alec's stele.

"Let me get this straight. You need Alec's stele to open the safe, and you want me to steal it from him?" Magnus asked.

"We prefer the word 'borrow.'" Rose said.

"Without his knowledge." Izzy said.

"No. No can do. Not happening." He said.

Jace stopped him, as he was going to walk away.

"Magnus, ever since Alec found out our parents were in the Circle, he's been messed up. He can't see the big picture." Rose said.

"If the Clave is willing to subject Meliorn to the Silent Brothers, if they're willing to go this far... What do you think will happen if they get the Cup? This affects everyone." Izzy said.

"Help us get into that safe. Help us stop this." Jace said.

Magnus sighed.

"You're all going to owe me. I'm talking 14th century. Gold, rubies... definitely diamonds. And Alec can never know."

"That's a given." Jace said.

"If we're going to do this... there's no turning back." He said.

Jace shared a look with Rose and Izzy.

They were ready...

A/N: SORRY IF IT'S A BAD ENDING TO THE CHAPTER, BUT....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.8K 1.5K 18
What if Clary had a twin? What is she was Calmer than her sister? What happens when they hit 18? What if she catches the eyes of Alec Lightwood and M...
98.4K 1.7K 97
Ben Lightwood, twin brother of Alec Lightwood, has been missing for over a month. When Jace finally finds him in the clutches of Valentine's men, ch...
317K 7.7K 56
Skylar Morgenstern is the daughter of Valentine Morgenstern and Jocelyn Fairchild. She has lived in The New York Institute keeping her separated from...
189K 5.3K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...