masked flames | markhyuck

بواسطة adorkablemarkhyuck

[COMPLETED] at a young age of 21, mark lee has become a successor of his belated father's company and later h... المزيد

|intro|
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen (x)
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one (x)
thirty-two
thirty-four
|end|
|epilogue|
|bonus| (x)

thirty-three

2.7K 171 76
بواسطة adorkablemarkhyuck

mark's breath got caught up in his throat as the sound of a gunshot pierced in his ear.

please no..

"..what did you do..?" mark asked quietly, not ready for the answer.

carlos laughed once again that made mark panicked even more. "you thought i shot him, don't you?"

mark gulped nervously as beads of sweat started to form on his forehead. "what did you do?" mark repeated.

"eh, just trying out this gun. it's the best one i've ever purchased you know," carlos chuckled.

"carlos answer me! what did you do to donghyuck?!"

"hey easy there shithead. he's still alive, jesus," carlos said, putting back his gun inside his pocket as he put the phone near to donghyuck's ear. "tell your boyfriend you're still breathing."

donghyuck hiccuped, trying to form a sentence. he was terrified. this old man was a freak. plus, the sound of the loud gunshot made his heart dropped. "i-i'm fine.. p-please come and save me.."

carlos clicked his tongue as he snatched the phone away. "i didn't ask you to say that last part."

mark's eyes burned in pain, blinking the tears away at the helpless voice of donghyuck. he didn't get the chance to reply him but he promised he would save him no matter how dangerous it is. "listen carlos, what exactly that you want? i will give everything to you but you need to let go of donghyuck, please i beg you!"

carlos was amazed with the effect donghyuck had on mark. carlos always knew how stubborn mark was and he hardly followed anyone's words. mark must loved donghyuck very much. chuckling, carlos sighed in satisfaction. "i'll be serious with you this time, i want you to convince donghyuck's mother, mrs. lee heejin, that bitch, to prepare an agreement that says LDH. Co will be passed to me and i just need to sign the paper."

mark gritted his teeth, "why don't you just tell her that yourself? since she's your hoe,"

"hmm you're right, wait," and another shot of gun was released.

mark heard donghyuck screamed in pain and before he could speak, carlos beat him to that. "ah, my finger slipped. oh? minhyung i don't think you'll like this," carlos shook his head and pouted at donghyuck who had his head hung low, sobbing hard. "hmm i shot donghyuck's right shoulder."

mark clenched his fist as his head hurt. "no please no.. stop it.." he couldn't imagine how hurt donghyuck was right now.

"then just do your fucking job. bring that paper here and donghyuck will live. i'll text you the place. i'll know if you inform the police and don't even try to think about it. the faster you get here, the less torture your boyfriend will face. see ya!" carlos muttered happily as he hung up.

mark let the phone slid down from his hand as he placed his forehead against the steering wheel, closing his eyes to calm his breathing. he should act fast. he needed to be stronger in order to rescue donghyuck. wiping away his tears, he drove straight to donghyuck's house to meet the woman.

♠️♠️♠️

mrs. lee paced back and forth inside the living room, biting her nail anxiously. she also tried to call her son but always got rejected. the motherly instinct in her awakened, she could sense something bad was happening. in addition, what was making it worse, she knew this had something to do with carlos because every time she tried to call him, he also rejected the call. coincidence? mrs. lee didn't think so.

she was snapped out of her thought when a loud banging on the door was heard.

"donghyuck is that you--" 

she backed away a little when she saw.. "m-minhyung?"

mark breathed heavily. he didn't have the time to ask why donghyuck's mother knew about him but he was confident enough to assume that carlos was the one who told her, knowing the secret affair they both had.

"mrs. lee i don't want to ask how do you know i'm minhyung but listen to me, your son is in danger," mark informed with a worried look on his face.

she widened her eyes, gasping as she covered her mouth, "w-what happen to him?! tell me where he is right now?!" she shook mark's body.

"donghyuck is held hostage by wong carlos. we can help him out with one condition," mark sighed.

"what is it?" she asked, crying.

mark explained to her the whole thing that carlos wanted. just like what she had expected, carlos did want the company to himself. the same dirty thing he did to mark's family before, killing mark's father in order to take over his company but failed.

"we need to act fast mrs. lee," mark told her with a stern voice as they were both inside her office that was located upstairs.

mrs. lee focused on searching the related document in her laptop. "i have to print it first."

mark nodded and while waiting, he let his eyes roamed around the room. he stopped his track when he saw a framed photo of the family, mr. lee, mrs. lee and little donghyuck who was smiling brightly. mrs. lee watched him staring at the photo.

"do you still hold a grudge against our family?" mrs. lee asked abruptly that made mark's body tensed.

mark chuckled sadly, "what do you think?"

"you love my son, so i guess not anymore."

mrs. lee felt bad at the naive male in front of her. he still thought that it was her husband who murdered his father. now things between her and carlos were fucked up. should she just tell the truth?

she was about to open her mouth and tell him the real thing but she found the document. without thinking further, she quickly printed the agreement after editing some parts. "i got it, let's go."

"wait, i don't think you should go with me," mark stopped in front of her while taking the paper from her hand.

she made a confuse face but shook her head, not agreeing. "no, my son's life is on the line. i need to see him okay? i don't care how dangerous it will be."

mark rubbed his face in frustration as he followed her running downstairs and went out of the house.

the ride to the place was tense. mark had read where it was located; an old factory sited on the outskirts of seoul. mark just hoped that everything went well. he secretly informed his people to keep an eye at the building, armed with guns. 

"is donghyuck okay?" mrs. lee questioned, clutching the paper against her chest. 

mark bit his lip as he sighed, holding back his tears. "carlos shot him at his shoulder."

mrs. lee let out a shaky breath, finding the information was too much that she felt like throwing up. she felt stupid for trusting carlos, for helping him with illegal things. but most importantly, she felt like a total loser for choosing carlos over her husband, covering his action and played along with it until now.

however, it was never too late to tell minhyung and she still had time to do so.

"minhyung, there's something you should know," she muttered quietly.

mark glanced at her quickly before returning his gaze back to the road. "what is it?"

"actually, carlos is the one who killed your father."

♠️♠️♠️

|to be continued|

this book will come to an end :)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

181K 8.6K 33
-Office au- "Your so dumb you know!?" "And your dumb young and rich." Where donghyuck has been working at the Lees company for 2 years now, the CEO d...
199K 11.9K 26
" i think i'm on the wrong side of the internet. " ☪︎ - in which mark accidentally discovers the beautiful mess that is the markhyuck nation, resul...
197K 9.2K 35
❝ i didn't know you're the type of person who goes here in this kind of places mister president ❞ [🌈] •G...
62.9K 5.7K 49
Donghyuck, a university student known for his carefree lifestyle, has his world turned upside down when he accidentally crosses paths with a child na...