At the Crossroads

By louieistrash

It was in highschool when two best friends found a girl who would change their lives forever. --------- AN: H... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025: Author's Note
Title Change + Sequel

015

531 47 15
By louieistrash

"Why do we have rice?" Jimin complained as he eyed at the rice on the dining table, "It's still early for rice. I want pancakes."

"Jimin, clock's about to strike 11am. It's already lunch time," Jungkook retorted as he placed bulgogi on the table.

The scent of beef that lingered in the air was quickly replaced by the sweet fragrance of strawberries as Dahyun, who was trying to dry her wet hair, sat with them. She was about to eat until she noticed that the two were staring at her.

She asked, "What?"

Jimin averted his gaze while Jungkook shook his head. He then eyed her clothes; she was wearing a cream-colored coat and pink skirt – both of which were too grand for a mere breakfast.

Jungkook questioned, "Are you going somewhere?"

Dahyun momentarily paused at her hurried eating to nod at Jungkook's question.

"Where?" Jimin probed.

"To the mall," she answered with her mouth full.

"Why? We just bought the groceries yesterday. Do you have something to buy?" Jungkook asked.

Dahyun drank water to clear her throat before replying, "No. I have someone to meet. Thank you for the food!"

She got up and quickly proceeded to the door while the two's eyes followed her. After wearing her shoes and slinging her bag unto her shoulder, she was gone.

She then waved at them as she cooed, "I'm going!"

Jimin could only mumble a 'take care' to her before the door quickly shut closed. Left alone, the two just stared at the food as they finished eating. There was silence between the two of them before Jimin broke it.

He suggested, "Jungkook, I want dessert. I'm going to the mall."

"Why the mall again? You could go the convenience store – " Jungkook stopped mid-sentence when he realized what Jimin meant, "Then, I want dessert too."

----------

"The mall is too big! Where would we start looking for her?!" Jimin complained.

"We already found her once. Trust yourself; we would find her again," Jungkook said as he looked around.

"Oh! Jungkook-a, Dahyun wore a light brown coat and pink skirt, right?" Jimin asked as he tugged on Jungkook's arm.

"Yes. Where is she?" Jungkook followed the direction of Jimin's gaze.

"There," Jimin pointed,"...with Daniel."

Their gaze traveled to afar at Dahyun and Daniel who were busy shopping in a gift shop. They watched as Daniel made Dahyun wore cat ears to which the latter pouted making the former laugh. Then, Dahyun made Daniel wear bunny ears and to top it off, Daniel imitated the bunny's teeth. Dahyun was so happy at the sight that she started clapping with a big grin plastered on her face and Daniel just laughed along with her.

Jimin let out a scoff, "What's this?"

"Just what's with these two?" Jungkook whispered slowly.

However, both of them were caught off guard when Daniel looked at their direction. Wasting no time, they quickly hid from the piercing stare of the male.

"Why do I feel like I'm a stalker?" Jimin whispered nervously.

"Because we are," Jungkook replied but as he looked back at Daniel, he blurted, "Oh! They're gone!"

"There! Hurry up!" Jimin said as they ran.

----------

"They really are suspicious," Jungkook squinted at the two.

"I really want to kill someone right now," Jimin uttered as Daniel put his arms around Dahyun's shoulder.

"Stage Failed," the Guitar Hero announced.

"Yah! Uncles! That is already your third time! You just kept failing!" a kid shouted at Jungkook and Jimin.

"Shut up kid. This is none of your business," Jimin harshly replied to the little boy.

"But I want to play that too," the little boy began sob.

"Yah! Jimin! Do something," Jungkook panicked as the boy started crying louder. He elbowed Jimin as he added, "Look at what you did. We might get discovered."

"Fine, fine. We are going," Jimin groaned as they got up, but the kid was whining louder gathering the attention of the people around them. Jimin glared at the boy and muttered, "What more do you want?!"

"Don't shout at him. He will just cry louder," Jungkook whispered before inserting a few tokens on the machine and the kid suddenly stopped crying and played.

Jimin grumbled, "Brat."

They gazed at Daniel and Dahyun again only to find them sitting close to each other as they played Pinball. Not long after, tokens started to come out of the machine and they could only watch as Dahyun clapped and patted Daniel' back while Daniel just smiled boastfully.

"I can do that too!" Jimin uttered under his breath.

When the two stood up from the machine, Jimin started playing pinball too while Jungkook kept as a look out but then, Jimin slammed the machine in frustration as he could not win the game.

Jungkook pulled him away as he told him, "Stop that. Come on. They're leaving."

----------

Jungkook and Jimin kept the Menus close to their faces to avoid being discovered. Soon, their order came but they couldn't concentrate on eating as they watched Dahyun and Daniel eat happily.

"Isn't this a date?" Jungkook asked.

"I would date you but I don't like males," Jimin frowned.

"Not us. Them," Jungkook furrowed his brows, "Shopping, arcade then eating together?"

"If they were dating, why did Dahyun not tell us?"

"I don't know," Jungkook mumbled.

"Because we never asked," Jimin grumbled, "I'm going to bombard her with questions once she gets home."

As soon as Daniel and Dahyun left, Jimin and Jungkook also left the restaurant even though they hardly touched the food that they have ordered. The two kept following them all day, but for once, they really lost Daniel and Dahyun.

"Where did they go?" Jimin exclaimed.

"If I know, then I wouldn't be here," Jungkook argued as they looked around.

They both turned as someone tapped their backs, but they widened their eyes as soon as they realized who had just discovered them.

"Hello!" Dahyun greeted them

"O-Oh. Dahyun, we never thought we could meet here," Jimin lied.

"Hmmmm," Dahyun nodded. "So, what are you doing here?"

"Shopping," Jungkook lied too.

"So where are the things you bought?" Dahyun asked.

"P-Package counter! We left it a package counter," Jimin tried to explain.

"Yes! We did," Jungkook supported Jimin's defense.

"Hmmmm," Dahyun nodded again, pretending to buy their lousy reasoning, "Come on. Let's get it."

Jungkook and Jimin looked at each other as they were now out of excuses and by seeing their hopeless countenance, Dahyun chuckled.

"Stop lying," Dahyun laughed, "We already know you are following us from the start."

Jungkook's and Jimin's gazes fell on the ground as guilt was painted all over their faces.

Dahyun then asked, "So why are you following us?"

"We... we were curious about you and Daniel," Jungkook whispered.

"Are you possibly... dating?" Jimin questioned.

"Daniel has a girlfriend," Dahyun beamed, "and that's not me."

Jimin widened his eyes, "Really? Are you telling us the truth?"

Dahyun nodded without hesitation.

"So what are you two doing here?" Jungkook probed.

"I made a deal with him before that I would help him get presents for his girlfriend because he's not good at picking presents," Dahyun explained.

"And the arcade?" Jungkook asked.

"We just felt like doing it and we also got hungry so we ate," Dahyun shrugged.

"Where is Daniel? He just left you like that?!" Jungkook complained.

"I told him that I would go home with you so he went already," Dahyun answered nonchalantly, "Any more questions?"

"Why are you so sweet?" Jimin questioned absent-mindedly.

Dahyun chuckled again before answering, "We are friends and I am okay with friendly skin-ship."

Then why don't you practice skinship with us?

"Like this," Dahyun demonstrated by putting Jungkook's hand around her shoulders and Jimin widened his eyes at the action.

"Or this," Dahyun added as she held Jungkook's hand.

"Yah!" Jungkook screamed.

He pulled his hand away as he felt electricity rush on his body while Jimin pulled Dahyun away from Jungkook. Then, Dahyun intertwined her hand with Jimin's but the latter quickly retracted his hand as well.

"See? You are the ones not comfortable with it. Daniel is okay with it," Dahyun argued.

Then, at that moment, the answer to their own question came with a realization.

Because I can't touch you without thinking that we can be more than friends.

----------

AN: Hello. I must warn you that things would take a dramatic turn sooner or later. Prepare to cry? Haha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80 6 45
A highschool student, who kept dreaming about a stranger, she feel weird because she never meet the stranger before. She was looking for an answer. W...
104K 5K 35
Im Nayeon, an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. She had her ordinary life for years after she finished her degree. However, it all changes as sh...
227K 6.5K 42
You transfer to this new school hoping to forget about your past and start a new life. Little did you know you will bump into the schools Bad Boy. Wi...
56.3K 3.8K 68
Dahyun was devastated due to her unplanned pregnancy and the sudden disappearance of the father of her child, Jimin. Jungkook married her, sacrificin...