The Publisher's Dream (bwwm)

By Kukigorret

Samantha Malle, an orphaned Ugandan girl trying to find her way in life finds herself enchanted by a white ma... More

Finding Me
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Author's notes
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Author's Notes
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
A/N
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Author's notes
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Chapter forty
chapter forty one
Appreciation, Shout outs, Apologies.
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Epilogue
Important

Chapter Seven

6.4K 346 47
By Kukigorret

Seattle was really beautiful, quiet but at the same time had a lot of people, she went towards the Seattle Pike Place Market, and it was robust with a lot of people and tourists, a smile tugged on her face as she walked towards the entrance of the market. She was so much taken that she didn't see an old lady exiting the door, all she heard was someone telling her to be careful. She turned immediately and turned towards the voice. "Oh, ma'am, I am sooo sorry." She leant down and started picking the fruits and putting them back in their bags, "Its my fault and I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Don't worry my dear," The lady smiled. "Some beautiful girls your age never look twice at an old lady like me."

"Oh, no, who says you're old?" Sam disapproved, "You are quite a breathtaking lady to look at."

"Oh, dear, bless your beautiful soul." The lady replied, "You don't look like you're from this place, are you?"

"Uh, no. Today I make two weeks. I'm Samantha, from Africa." She gave the lady a dazzling smile and gave her back her bags. Nanny had never seen such a beautiful and kind young woman.

"And, I'm..."

"Nanny, there you are." Both ladies turned towards the voice, "Been looking all over the place for you." Nanny smiled but Samantha frowned. Talk about uncalled for coincidences, Sam sighed and said a farewell to the lady who had not introduced herself yet.

"Oh, no no, don't go yet dear," nanny stopped her, "I want you to meet my boy first." She had a very big grin on her face. Samantha sighed and turned to face Abel Sinclair for the second time today. Abel looked at her in wonder, he still couldn't believe she was right under his nose. He hadn't told Noah yet, and he also hadn't given him her book. He took note to do that first think tomorrow morning.

"We've met, nanny." Abel said and Sam sighed

"Yes, and on that note, I must go buy my stuff." She smiled at nanny and quickly rushed inside the market. Nanny was left looking where Samantha had been with her mouth open.

"Do you want to tell me what that was about?" She asked Abel. She thought that maybe their first meeting hadn't been pleasant. Nanny felt bad cuz she thought that girl was a very nice one for Abel.

"Uhmm, nothing Nanny," Abel replied taking her hand, "Soon, you will know." Nanny frowned but let Abel lead her towards the, "I'm Samantha, from Africa." Samantha's words went through nanny's head and she gasped. When Abel felt her hesitate he looked at her with a concerned look, "What is it, Nanny?"

"You said that girl you love was from Africa?" She asked and Abel nodded with a frown, "Is Samantha, the one?" Nanny pointed towards where Sam had been. Abel hesitated and thought over it, if he told nanny No, then later introduce her as the girl, Nanny would call him a liar, and if he said yes, she might run after Sam and the poor girl will be overwhelmed. He decided to take the risk.

"Yes Nanny, she's the girl." As predicted, nanny turned to go after Samantha, "But, you will meet her at the right time, ok nanny?" Nanny hesitantly nodded and grumblingly followed Abel to the car.

Abel chastised himself but he wasn't lying completely, Samantha was his dream girl, and he was going to win her over no matter what. His uncle had called him earlier to gloat that he had told him so. He didn't care what Samantha felt for his uncle, she was too young for him, and he had made sure to tell his Uncle that, though his Uncle had laughed at him instead. He huffed in anger when he remembered his Uncle's words of torment.

"I told you she's incredible, both in and out." Whatever that had meant. He was going to win Samantha Malle, his Dream Girl. Finally they arrived home and he went straight to his library, he was interrupted by a pale face Noah who came running downstairs.

"Whoa, hold it there, buddy." Abel said, "First of all, what are you doing here, running down my stairs? And second of all, what's gotten your pants in a twist?"

"Who is Samantha Malle?" Noah asked and Abel tensed

"Why? Something wrong?"

"Very wrong bro, but in a good way I guess." Noah pulled him towards the study, "Why didn't you tell me someone submitted their script today?"

"I was going to give it to you tomorrow. Will you just tell me what the heck is going on?" Abel stopped moving.

"Okay." Noah sighed. "Remember that cheesy romance novel you're writing?" Abel nodded disapprovingly. He always defended that it wasn't cheesy. "Well, if you had taken time to read through Samantha's script, you would have known what I'm talking about. Samantha wrote exactly the same book as yours, but with the woman's point of view. And what makes things bizarre, she described you in detail, Abel." Abel looked at his friend confused, they were in the study already and Noah thrust the script towards him and opened a page where Samantha described their meeting and her description of him. It then dawned on Abel, he wasn't the only one who had been dreaming. A grin formed on his face, then he started laughing making Noah frown even more. Now he had a signal for his pursuit of Samantha. He wasn't going to waste time. "What the hell, man?" Noah asked

"Nothing much, Noah. I'm just happy bro." Abel slapped Noah's shoulder. "Let's go eat, I'll tell you everything with time." Noah grudgingly followed his friend, to tell the truth he had never seen Abel so happy. They reached downstairs to find the table already set, nanny came out of the kitchen and smiled at Noah.

"Oh, darling you're here. Sit down boys and just give me 10 minutes, dinner is on its way." She said and went back to the kitchen. Later she returned and served the boys.

"Hmm, Nanny I always love the taste of your food." Noah said saucily making Abel roll his eyes.

"Thank you sweetheart." Nanny giggled and the way the boys were looking at each other. Abel knew Noah wanted to get information from nanny.

"So, sweet nanny," Noah started and Abel groaned, here we go, "Has Abel told you when he's bringing our in-law?" Abel gave Noah a severe look but his friend was used so he wasn't moved.

"Oh, you didn't know?" Nanny gasped, "I'm sure Abel will finally bring her, I met her today..." Abel sighed as nanny told Noah the story of her meeting with Samantha, and how beautiful she was. He hadn't noticed that he had zoned out and the two people were looking at him. "Abel dear?" Nanny was calling him, he shook his head and raised an eyebrow at her. "I was asking that since I met her, can you give me her number and meet her for lunch tomorrow?"

"Heck no." Abel almost shouted in horror, he knew if any of these two met Samantha before him, his plans will be spoilt. "Uhmmm, I mean, I'll give it to you Nanny but after I've introduced her properly." He rephrased it and nanny nodded with a smile. Noah looked at him with his eyebrow raised but Abel ignored him. He got up and excused himself, he had to act fast, "Nanny thanks for dinner." He went to kiss her cheek, "I've to go finish some work, Noah you can see yourself out." He glanced at his friend and walked towards his study.

"Hey, I am not done here yet." Noah shouted

"I am." Abel replied and continued to the study. Noah grumbled and finished his food, later he kissed nanny and wished her a goodnight, promising to see her tomorrow.

.......................................................

Abel sat back in his seat and sighed, he was reading Samantha's script. For a person who has never published, she was quite amazing. He hated to admit that his Uncle was right. He had to charm his way to Samantha's heart, he knew his Uncle was one good charmer and if he had his eyes on Sam, he might win. Abel shook his head, he had to call Ian and warn him to hold his horses, cause Samantha was going to be his. He got out his IPhone and dialed Ian's number.

"I was waiting for your call, Son." Ian's voice came on

"Cut the crap Uncle," Abel snapped, "What's up with Samantha?" His Uncle gave a throaty laugh and answered;

"You want her for yourself, am I right?"

"That's not what I said." Abel gritted his teeth, his Uncle sure knew how to get on one's nerves.

"Then I'll keep her for myself."

"Don't you dare put your grabby paws on her, Ian." Abel surprised himself and Ian became silent for a while.

"First admit it, Abel. Don't be a coward." Ian tormented.

"Okay," Abel sighed, "I won't tell you the story because you might not believe me."

"Try me." His Uncle answered. Abel sighed and told them everything, after Ian had listened, he was bewildered. So he was helping fate, a grin suddenly crossed his face.

"Uncle, are you there?" Abel asked, "I knew you wouldn't believe me."

"I believe you, son." Ian said, "Just promise me that when you get her to love you..."

"Whoa, Uncle, who's talking love here?" Abel had sworn off love since Jennifer.

"If you don't love her don't you dare touch her, Abel or God help me..." His Uncle swore

"Uncle just give me a chance, okay?" Abel asked, "You never know something really good might come out of all this." Abel waited for his Uncle's answer, "It's not like you're her parent so I'm doing you a favor to even inform you about my intentions." Abel added and Ian laughed.

"I'm like her guardian if you didn't know that. You pass through me to get to her family." Ian said with a smug smile.

"As far as I know Samantha is old enough to make decisions for herself." Abel growled. He had to get to her as soon as possible, he looked at his watch, and it was still 8pm. A smile crossed his face, he was so going to see her tonight. "I gotta go Uncle, it was nice chatting with you." He hang up without waiting for a reply and stood to go. He had to find a way to convince Samantha, he went and got a flash, saving his recent novel in it and put it in his pocket. "Nanny, I'm going out." He called out to nanny who was in the kitchen doing whatever.

"Well, Noah has already left." She called back

"I wasn't going with him anyway." He grumbled, "See you tomorrow if I don't come back early, and go to sleep nanny." He warned and walked out the door. He went to the garage and got into his BMW, he had looked once at her address and he already knew it by heart. With a satisfied grin, he sped off in her direction.

..........................................

Samantha curled her legs under her and sat on her couch. She was eating pasta and watching TV at the same time. A small smile crossed her face when she remembered how her mum would tell her strictly to either eat at the dining table or clean the crumbs from the floor with her tongue. Her mum was a happy woman, until her husband had died. Sam's smile disappeared gradually and she concentrated on the Chain smoker's video Selfie. Sam smiled again, music these days had changed, who would even come up with such a song. It was kind of fun when you listened to it actually. Her happy moment was suddenly interrupted by the door bell, she frowned, who would come knock on her door at this moment? She thought maybe it was Emmy Parker, her neighbor wanting to hang out. She got up and not minding her skimpy nightie went to open the door.

"Hey, uhmmm." Her mouth dropped open when she saw who was there. What in the world? "You?" She asked

"Uhmm, yes me." Abel replied with a nervous chuckle. He probably didn't expect her to be dressed for bed. His eyes raked over her and he breathed in praying for restraint because what stood before him was an epitome of temptation. "Sorry, did I come at the wrong time?"

"A funny question indeed." Sam replied, "What would bring you here at this time?" she asked sternly and folded her hands over her chest, realizing too late what she had done when she heard his sharp intake of breath. Sam frowned and followed his eyes looking towards her bosom. She let out a startled gasp and rushed to get her shawl which was on the couch. She covered herself and heard a chuckle behind her, she turned to ask him what was funny when she saw that he was right behind her. "What are you doing?" she asked horrified.

"Inviting myself in." he said arrogantly and went to sit down next to her in her previous couch. Samantha looked at him severely when he picked her plate and put a spoonful of pasta in his mouth.

"Hey, that's my food." She went to get it but he extended it further from her. In the process she fell on him inadvertently and he chuckled.

"Hey Miss I know you love the feel of my body but you don't have to be all over me." He said with a smirk. Samantha thanked God that she was black because her face would have turned all red. She got off him and grabbed her plate finally going back to sit in her place. "Nice pasta by the way."

"What do you want?" She asked harshly

"Well, I came with a proposal. My nanny wants to see you again so I couldn't wait to come and tell you because she was over pestering me." Abel mentally criticized himself, this is not how it was supposed to go. He was supposed to come tell her straight what was going on.

"So you came just to tell me that?" Sam looked at him incredulously, "Couldn't you have called?"

"Nope." He stood, "Where's your lap top?" She looked at him like he had gone crazy. "How about it?" She asked.

"Just bring it, don't ask." He growled. Sam got up and went to get her laptop which was just on the floor nearby. She came back with it and he grabbed it from her. She rolled her eyes. Rude much? He opened it and after a while put in his flash. He opened the file with the book and turned the lap top towards her. "Read." He demanded. Samantha almost refused cause of his rude attitude but saw that it was a book. She loved to read and she could read anything, even if it was coming from the arrogant jerk before her. She smiled as she read, whoever wrote this was amazing, but a frown came on her face when she reached where the male character met the female character. Through a dream, among the Tulips. You got to be kidding, she looked up to protest but Abel's stern warning shut her up and she turned back to read.

Abel watched her facial expression as she read. She seemed to have some peace around her and had almost forgotten that he was there with her. She looked so beautiful with the laptop light falling on her face. When she looked up he was ready for that and looked at her sternly so she could continue. A smile crossed his lips when she looked down again with a frown. There was no way he could explain all to her, the writings in that book will explain to her all he wanted to say. He had never been short for words, even when he had met Jennifer, he talked to her straight on without hesitation. But Samantha was a wonder, he sighed and his eyes went to her plate of pasta. His stomach growled silently and he frowned, he had just eaten, what the heck? He stood and went to her kitchen, he was sure she had food here, he smiled triumphantly when he saw the pasta and heated it. He went back and found her still with head down in the laptop, he doubted she had noticed his absence.

Samantha frowned throughout the book. She was sure these words weren't hers, but the story was hers, only written in the man's point of view. Had he had the dreams as well? Was he the one who wrote this book? Had he recognized her? So why had he brought this for her to read? The questions were too many and she had to get the answers. She finally lifted her head to ask him and frowned when he looked at her guiltily with a fork going to his mouth.

"Who gave you my food?" She asked, that wasn't what she wanted to ask though. He shrugged and said, "I was hungry."

"Didn't your nanny cook dinner?"

"She did, but I became hungry again." He shrugged like it was not a big deal. "So, what have you understood from that?" He gestured towards the laptop.

"It's the same book as mine, only a different point of view." She answered.

"So, what are we going to do?"

"We?" Sam asked, "I don't know. I still want to publish my book though."

"Samantha we are missing the point here." He explained, "Both of us have been having dreams about each other and we wrote our thoughts down." Abel paused as she listened, he cleared his throat and braced himself for the next words he was going to say, "Samantha, I've told nanny that you were the woman I was in love with." Samantha gasped and her mouth hang open in surprise, what was he saying. "Please listen first." He interrupted when she opened her mouth to say something, "Nanny was doing her matchmaking skills on me and there was no way I was going to accept any of the women she wanted me to meet. You came to my mind, rather the woman I was dreaming about, and I told her I was in love with someone. I described you to her even before I met you and told her I would bring you to visit one day. As if fate had it in mind, you came to Washington, I don't even know anything about you, that's why I envy my Uncle so much. When nanny saw you today, she concluded that you were the one, and there was no way I was going to deny it when it's true you are the one." There was a long silence as the two people seemed to think over what he had said, Samantha's heart was jumping hula-loops but was scared at the same time.

"So," Sam started slowly, "What are you trying to say?" She couldn't look at him.

"Please be my girlfriend, and we can get to know each other with time." Abel couldn't believe himself, was he really kneeling before this woman? She looked shocked at the gesture, probably no one has ever acted this stupid and desperate before her. Abel thought, his heart breaking a little at the rejection he saw in her eyes.

"Uhmm, I..." Samantha was panicking, what the hell was going on? She had never had a boyfriend before, how was she supposed to act? Was he just playing with her? Probably he was. Oh my God, was she the one shaking or his hands that were now holding her hands? She was perplexed, "Uhmm, yeahh." She shakily answered and in no time she felt lips on hers.

Abel was shocked at himself, what was this woman doing to him? He had never acted this rush and mushy, he waited for her to slap him or push him off her but none of those happened, instead he felt shy fingers in his hair and around his head as he deepened the kiss. His heart was dancing with joy, she had not rejected him and she was kissing him back. He pulled away and suddenly brought her into his arms, wrapping his hands securely around her. A sense of peace falling between them as they both felt at home in each other's arms. Samantha finally pulled away and looked at him in shock, "Oh my God, did we just kiss?" She asked and Abel chuckled

"Yeah right we did." He was waiting for a negative reaction but none came. "So you are my girlfriend." He declared and pulled her back in his arms. There was no way Samantha was going to protest, she felt a sense of belonging in his arms, was this what they called calm before a storm? She shook all negative thoughts out of her mind and basked in the hug. "So, I don't want to rush you, Sama, but will you go on a date with me this Friday?" He asked still holding her. He felt her nod her head, "Say it." He said softly.

"Yes, I would love to go on a date with you, Mr. Sinclair." She answered and he groaned. "Okay, Abel." She pulled out of the hug and grinned at him.

"I can't believe this is happening." He said and she pinched him, "Aww, what was that for?"

"To wake you up." She said and smiled at him. "So, uhmm I think you should go home?" She said looking at her wall clock.

"Damn, right." He smacked his head. It was midnight already, "Nanny will be worried." He stood and led her towards the door with him. At the door he turned around and smirked at her, "So, I'll see you Friday?" He asked and she nodded, "Goodnight." He whispered close to her ear sending electric shivers down her spine.

"Goodnight." She answered looking at his lips and went to close the door.

"Wait," He stopped her, "I forgot to tell you" He said looking over her again, "You make a mean dish of pasta." She smiled and attempted to close the door again, "And hey wait, that nightie looks awesome on you." He said and kissed her lips deeply before letting her go. She smiled and closed the door, going back to her couch. She sighed and finished her pasta then took both plates to the kitchen. She later came back to finish reading Abel's book, their conclusions were both happy endings, but the challenges they put in were different. Sam couldn't stop the grin on her face, she had to call her friends. She was sure it was daytime in Uganda, she got her phone and dialed Tomlin's number.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." She almost screamed in his ear.

"Who?" Tomlin asked

"Abel of course, who else." She said rolling her eyes.

"Sam, didn't you meet that guy like eight hours ago and you said he was a jerk?" Tomlin reasoned.

"Well, he isn't a jerk and guess what?" She told him about the books and how he had come to show them to her.

"Wow, so fate really exists?" Tomlin was amazed. "Sam, I want you to be very careful. Some white guys think black girls are toys and all that."

"Don't worry, Tom, everything will be fine." She assured him

"I pray so, though I'm happy for you, darling." She felt a grin on his face

"Thank you Tommy, and please don't tell Anna, I'll do that myself." They hang up later after more talk and Sam trudged off to her bedroom. She will tell her Aunt and Anna soon but not now. For now she was looking forward to her date with Abel on Friday. Could she tell Ian? Maybe he will advise her about how his nephew is like. She sighed and fell in a deep peaceful sleep, she was going to try out this relationship and was sure it was going to work.

......................................

Jennifer sighed in frustration, what had Abel gone to do at that building? She had gone to his house yesterday night to talk to him, she had hidden when she saw Noah leave, shoot, she hated that arrogant brute. Later when she saw Abel head to his garage, she was confused wondering where he was going, so she had followed him to that building. Did he have a girlfriend there? He had spent some hours and later he had come out and headed straight home. If the smile on his lips when he came out was a sign, maybe he was seeing someone. Jennifer was not going to let that happen. She still loved Abel and he was hers alone. She had to follow him and see who he had gone to see next time. A smile crossed her face, very soon he was going to come back to her. She, Jennifer Lombardi never took rejection well.

..........................................

"You came back quite late last night, love." Nanny said to Abel during breakfast, "Where had you gone?"

"Oh, nanny, Morning, just some business." He answered and looked on his right to see Noah scoff. Abel looked at his friend severely, why didn't this guy eat at his own house? "Something wrong, Noah?" he challenged.

"No, bro." He held out his arms in surrender, "Sweet nanny, this breakfast is yummy." He turned to nanny.

"Thanks darling, but you should get a wife to start cooking for you all the time." Nanny said making Noah groan.

"But nanny, you're the only woman whose food I want to eat." Noah said and Abel rolled his eyes.

"Don't you see Abel," Nanny pointed at Abel, "He's going to introduce his girlfriend on Sunday." Noah chocked on the orange juice he was drinking

"Sunday?" He looked at Abel questioningly, "Man, I'm your best friend, I'm supposed to know these things." Noah whined

"Oh, stop whining, you'll see her when she comes." Abel said.

"I really can't wait to see my sister-in-law." Noah wriggled his eyebrows, "The woman who is going to tie you down." Noah said it like a prison sentence.

"You silly boy, you make it sound like a prison ruling." Nanny chided slapping his shoulder. "After Abel introduces his own girlfriend, I expect you to introduce yours, or else will start my matchmaking skills." Nanny warned making Noah groan as if in pain. "Now hurry up both of you and go to work."

A chorus of yes nanny sounded and the two men went to their cars and drove off to work. Much awaited them that day and Abel was looking forward to Friday, a smile formed on his lips as he remembered the soft lips of a certain lady.

Abel went straight to his office and sat down with a sigh. A smile formed on his lips when a thought crossed his mind. He got out his phone and dialed Sam's number. She answered on a third ring with a drowsy tone and he frowned.

"Are you okay?" He sounded worried. "Yes I am, why?" She asked and he sighed, "So how come you're still in bed?" He asked

"Well, Kind Sir, that's because I luck what to do." She answered and a thought crossed his mind.

"How about you pass by my office, I'll take you out for lunch." He suggested

"Hmm, do you think it's a good idea?" She asked cautiously

"As far as I know and remember, Sam, you are my girlfriend. Is it that bad to have lunch with you?" She agreed later and he grinned then he frowned to himself, he was soo whipped.

AN.

What do you think about Abel and Samantha?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
5.2M 187K 45
𝘐 𝘒𝘭𝘸𝘒𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘯π˜₯𝘦𝘳𝘦π˜₯ 𝘸𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭π˜₯ 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘢𝘡𝘴π˜ͺπ˜₯𝘦 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘒𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘐 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘡𝘳𝘒𝘱𝘱𝘦...
105K 6.8K 32
Life isn't as fun as it's cracked up to be. Jessie Patton learns this the hard way after a car wreck destroys her normal life. Forced to move from t...
162K 6.9K 25
Love. What is love? All that I know is that love comes in many forms and doesn't really choose. Love does not care about how you look, what you do, w...