Clary: A fresh start

By Sapphic_Shit

*I made this when i was like 12-13...It makes no sense and I don't plan on fixing it.* Clary watched her fath... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
THANK YOU

Chapter 15

128 3 0
By Sapphic_Shit

-Clary

-Jace

-Izzy

-Magnus

-Alec

-Simon

-Jon

—————————
Tonight was the "Fairchild's Yearly Movie Night" which meant I was gonna be forced to be in a room with Luke and my mom. Luckily my friends would be there so I can put as much room in between me and the two people i never want to see.
This year's dress code was onesies so I had to go out and buy a onesie. Izzy made me buy a Winnie the Pooh one. Tonight's movie was The Princess And The Frog, a movie that was supposed to take place in the south but nobody had a southern accent. I'm not talking about the fucking redneck accent, just a normal accent.
It's been a week since Jace took me to the park and we watched the sun go down. I never in a million years thought I would end up living in a house 10x bigger then the one my dad and I lived in.
It has its own movie room. What kind of house has its own movie room! That's the one of the good things about this house. Another is because I can put as much room between my mother and Luke as possible. This house is fucking huge.
Before I knew it the Lightwoods we're knocking on my door, along with Jace, Magnus, and Simon. Maryse walked in with a platter of food in one hand and Max's hand in the other.
My mom came over to the door and took the platter out of Maryse's hand and brought them into the kitchen. Maryse gave me a hug and max and i did our hand shake we've made the past month or so i've been here. Mary's took him into the living room and sat him down on the couch and let him play on her phone for a little. Alec gave me a smile and walked past me while Magnus gave me one of the biggest hugs i've ever gotten. Izzy made it a group hug, my best friends are amazing. Simon ran to the bathroom and left us laughing at him.
Jace, this was one of the first times i've seen his hair not greased up. It looked amazing. Jace of course was wearing a black onesie.
"Hey honey." He walked in laughing at me.
"That better not be a pun or i'm gonna beat your ass." I smiled and moved his hair in front of his eyes. I grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. "your hair looks nice at least."
"What's that supposed to mean." he moved his hair back out of his eyes and smiled at me.
"You are wearing an all black onesie. Iz made me buy this one."
"It looks great babe, you look great." He put his hands around my waist and pulled me into a kiss. We were broken up by Luke.
"Clary, your mother wants to see you." He rubbed his hand behind his neck due to him knowing that he isn't my favorite person.
"K." I smiled at Jace and stood on the tip of my toes to kiss his forehead.

I found my mom in the kitchen sitting around the island next to Maryse and Max.
"Hey Max why don't you go find your brother. I'm sure he's around somewhere."
When Maryse said that I knew this wasn't going to be a fun conversation.
"I never get to hear the good stuff." Max hopped off of the seat he was sitting on and made his way to go find Alec probably.
"I wish I could miss this." I whispered under my breath as my mom started talking.
"Clary, I just wanted to apologize, for everything. If I had never said that I hated you when me and your father were fighting over custody everything would have been different for you."
"No shit."
Maryse walked out of the room and turned towards the room where the movie was going to happen.
"You can't expect me to forget everything that I went through. 13 years of being afraid to walk down the street in fear of being raped, kidnapped, or shot! 13 YEARS MOM! I never got a letter, postcard, photos, phone number. I didn't even get to know my older brother, if dad never talked about him I probably would have forgotten him. You can't change that with a sorry."
"Please Clary. Sit down and talk to me." She pointed to a chair and I reluctantly sat down knowing that if I didn't have this conversation now I'd be having it later or with a therapist, and I don't do therapy.
"Please tell me what it was like. I want to know why you hate me so much, why you never even talk to me."
"I was practically forgotten when I lived here, from what I remember I was left with some woman that wasn't you. When you and dad got divorced and we moved to Louisiana it took dad months to even consider buying me things, once I got to the age of 5 I noticed how he was always gone. I was all alone for the first 2 years of living there. Neighbors would come over and take care of me because they heard me crying."
"Clary. I'm so sorry, I didn't know how bad it was down there."
"We haven't even gotten to the best part." I started to tear up thinking about all the shit I had gone through. "One day one of my neighbors confronted dad about how he was always leaving me. I still don't know what exactly she said but I know it made a difference because up until I was 7 he was around more."
"That's a good thing though, right?"
Stupid. "No. This wasn't. He started bringing over his buddies and they would get drunk, they would smoke all kinds of drugs. I would go to a park and that's where I met some 14 year old boy. He said he could offer me help and protection. I was a skinny, unhealthy, 7 year old."
"That's when you got involved in everything."
"Yes. that's when I joined a gang, it was sit at home and get a contact high and hit on, slapped, and yelled at, or join the gang. I couldn't run away, he'd find me and it would be the end of me ever seeing the light of day again. After I joined the gang dad started drinking and doing drugs less and he got a job at a local fast food place so we could pay the bills easier, on the side he would do other things."
"Clary please tell e it gets better. I feel like the greatest asshole."
"When I was 15 I had an older boyfriend and one day dad was at work and I was home alone, he raped me and when he was done he just left me there for dad to find. He brought me to the hospital but I wouldn't give them or the police any information."
"CLARY!"
"If I did I would have a target on my back, I ended up having a friend take me to a abortion clinic two towns over. I don't regret it. That's just the tip of the iceberg, other people had it so much worse than me."
" I can't believe you had to go through all of that."
"There are still people out there that I know that were not able to go to the hospital or go to an abortion clinic, or got to see another day after walking home to help their sick mother." It strted getting hard to breathe as I started crying.
"Clary."
"I need to go."
On my way to my room I passed Jace and Magnus, they noticed I was upset and they started trying to calm me down.
"Please just leave me alone." I ran up the stairs to my room. Not even a minute after I shut the door and sat on my bed I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.
Jace walked in the door with a thing of vanilla ice cream.
I smiled at him before putting my head back into my knees taking deep breaths.
"Hey Clary, is everything okay?" He sat next to me and put his arm around me, I picked my head up and put it on his shoulder. "Talk to me babe."
"I told my mom about me living in Louisiana."
"Oh so the talk was that bad, I knew there was a reason why Maryse walked out."
I laughed at that and took the ice cream and the spoon out of Jace's hand and started eating it. Tears just kept falling from my face. "Do you want to talk about it Clary?"
I nodded and I crossed my legs and sat down facing him.
I told him about the conversation I had with my mom and how my dad getting shot was probably my fault, I told him about all of my friends I had seen die and the killers never be found. By the end I was sobbing into an empty ice cream container while everyone was watching Greece downstairs.
Jace pulled me over to him and gave me a hug. "I promise you Clary I won't let anything happen to you. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me."
"You too." I pulled Jace into a kiss. "I love you Jace."
Jace smiled at me, "I love you too, Clary." He pulled me back into the kiss and we just sat there for hours talking. It was the best night I've had in a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
521K 11.1K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
22.6M 794K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" โฆ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
90M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...