My Savior

By Xx_DollFace_xX

Sage had no choice but to break up with her boyfriend Rick after he assaulted her. She gets a job as a waitre... More

Characters
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
Author's Note
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-28-
-29-
-30-
New Cover Voting + New Chapter Coming Soon!! (info)
-31-
-32-
Author's Note: Next Chapter
-33-
-34-
A/N: Update
-35-
-36-
A/N: Whoops??
A/N: Social Media - Staying Anonymous?
-37-
A/N-New Chapter
-38-
A/N - It's been awhile + announcement
-39-
-40-
-41-

-27-

5.2K 118 23
By Xx_DollFace_xX

Ryder's POV

I kept checking the time on my phone. Sage could be here any minute and I still haven't decided what I'm going to wear. I don't even know what to wear.

I looked through my closet for the hundredth time and decided on a black flannel. I grabbed jeans from my dresser. I got changed and left my room.

"Wow. You actually look decent for once." I turned around and ruffled my brother's hair. He smacked my hand with a death glare. "Dude! I spent twenty minutes on my hair!"

"It doesn't look bad." He stormed into the bathroom and I rolled my eyes. I heard the doorbell ring and quickly ran to the front door. I opened it and my jaw dropped.

Sage wore a cream colored sweater dress that hung off her shoulders. Her hair was curled and shaped her face. I couldn't help but admire how beautiful she looked.

She adjusted her glasses and looked at me expectantly. I realized I had been staring and cleared my throat. "S-sorry." I let her in and pulled her into my arms. "You look beautiful," I whispered in her ear. I pecked her cheek and took her hand, leading her into the kitchen. My grandma was cooking pancakes on the stove.

I cleared my throat. "Sage is here."

My grandma turned around and smiled when she saw her. "You look lovely."

"Thank you." Sage offered a soft smile. "I love your dress, Susie." My grandma was wearing a flower print dress that I've never seen her wear before.

"Thank you, sweetie. I just got it the other day." My grandma turned towards me. "Ryder, could you please go get your grandpa? The food's almost ready."

"Sure. Where is he?"

"I believe he's in the basement fixing the computer."

"I'll go get him." Sage followed me into the basement.

Our basement was finished with the laundry room across from the stairs and a storage room next to it. The rest of the basement was a small hang out space, with an old leather couch pushed up against the wall and a box TV across from it. In the corner of the room we had a corner desk with a computer that my grandpa uses for work.

My grandpa was sitting at the desk.

"Hey, grandpa!"

"Yes?" He turned in his swivel chair and waved at Sage.

"Grandma wanted me to tell you that the food is almost done."

"I'll be right up." He turned back to the computer.

———————

I helped my grandma set the table and took a seat next to Sage.

"It's so nice to have you here, Sage. You and Ryder. It's been a long time since he's spent Thanksgiving with us," my grandma said.

"Thank you for inviting me."

"You're always welcome here, dear." Sage and my grandma started talking about art and cooking. My grandpa and Derik started talking about the football game. Soon everyone was mingling and I zoned out as I ate my food, at least until I heard my grandma ask Sage, "Do you think Ryder would make a great father?"

I dropped my fork and stared at my grandma, then looked at Sage. She turned towards me and grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly. "I think he'll make an amazing father. I couldn't be more thankful that he's willing to step in once my baby is born." My muscles relaxed and I leaned over and kissed her cheek. I was honestly worried that I wouldn't be a good dad. My dad is a terrible person, not like I'm any better. I deal drugs for a living and I have the tendency to get into fights. I'm quick to anger and I fear that if I snap near the baby... I don't even want to think about that.

We continued to talk about random things. It felt nice to be with my family. We never really spend time together like this. Having Sage next to me made it ten times better.

When we all finished eating, Sage and I went to my room. I lay down on my bed and Sage sat on the edge.

"Princess..." She looked down at me and hummed. "Do you really think I'll be a good father?"

"Of course I do." She grabbed my hand and held it on her lap. "I wouldn't dream of anyone else being by my side through all this." My heart skipped a beat and I pulled her down on top of me. I caressed her cheek and stared into her beautiful brown eyes. I traced her pink lips and she took in a breath. She leaned closer until our lips met. I felt pure intimacy through the gentle kiss. When she pulled away, she kissed my cheek and rested her head on my chest. "Your heart is racing."

"Because I'm with you."

"So cliche," she giggled.

"It's true." I poked her sides and she squealed. She pushed herself up and glared at me. I stared at her innocently. "What?" She rolled her eyes and I poked her sides again. She bursted out laughing as I tickled her. She was laughing so hard that she was holding her stomach and trying to breathe. I stopped and wrapped my arms around her, holding her as close as possible.

When she stopped giggling, I placed my hand below her chin and kissed her. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too."

———————
Sage's POV

When Ryder and I headed to my house, I could sense that he was nervous. He kept his eyes focused on the road. I wanted to ask what was wrong but I don't think he wants to talk about it. I have a feeling that it has to do with his grandma asking me if he'd be a good father. I know Ryder is worried that he'll mess up and, more than anything, I think he's scared that he'll be like his father. There's no one else in this world that I want more than him. I need him to be next to me when I have the baby. I need him in my life.

We pulled into my driveway and Ryder opened the door for me. He helped me out of the car and wrapped an arm around my waist as we approached my house.

"Are you ok?" I asked as I looked up at him. He nodded but I could feel his tense muscles. "It's ok to be nervous, Ry." I stood in front of him and grabbed his hands, pressing them against my stomach. "I'm nervous too, but I feel much better knowing I have you with me."

He pressed his forehead against mine and hugged me.

"What are you two doing out here? It's cold outside!" my mother exclaimed. Ryder jumped and I giggled. "I'm sorry if I scared you." My mother could barely contain her laughter. She motioned us inside. "I hope you two are hungry. The food is almost done." She disappeared into the kitchen.

"I'm so hungry I could eat a horse," I said.

Ryder chuckled, "I'd love to see you try."

I punched his arm. "I bet I could! I'm eating for two." He didn't saying anything after that.

He and I went to the living room and sat down on the couch. My father was in his chair watching football.

"How's the game?" Ryder asked.

Before my dad opened his mouth, I got up and said, "I'm going to go see if mom needs any help in the kitchen." I did not want to listen to them talk about football. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom pulling a turkey out of the oven. "Need any help?"

She glanced at me and smiled. "Yes actually. Could you please bring these to the table?" She handed me a bowl of mashed potatoes and another with gravy. "Thank you, sweetie."

I place both bowls on the table and help my mother bring out more food.

"Ok boys! Dinner's ready!" my mom called out.

My dad took a seat at the end of the table. My mother sat next to him and I sat on the opposite
side of her next to my dad. Ryder sat on the other side of me. I realized someone was missing.

"Where is—" I was interrupted by the doorbell. "I'll go get the door." Ryder kept a watchful eye on me. I opened the door and there he was. I jumped into Greg's arms. "I almost thought you weren't going to make it."

"I promised you that I'd come." I smiled at him and let him inside. When he saw Ryder, he froze for a brief moment before sitting next to him. He wrapped his arm around his shoulder and smiled. "Hey, Ryder. How have you been?"

"I'm doing well." It was definitely awkward. I know they get along pretty well, but being around my parents it gets uncomfortable for both of them since Ryder is Greg's dealer.

My mother sensed the awkwardness and was quick to speak, "Before we eat, why don't we all say at least one thing that we're thankful for. I'll start." She glanced at my father, then at me. "I'm thankful that I'm with the love of my life and my beautiful daughter."

My dad smiled. "I'm thankful that I have my beautiful wife and stunning daughter by my side. I'm thankful for the food on the table and the roof over my head."

Then it was my turn. "I'm thankful for having my wonderful family and my amazing boyfriend. I'm thankful for my unborn child and that I'll have Ryder by my side. I'm thankful for the life I have." I looked at Ryder and he bit his lip.

"I'm thankful that I've been blessed with Sage in my life. I'm thankful for being welcomed into your family."

Finally, it was Greg's turn. "I'm thankful for my family... who've always treated me like a son." My parents smiled at him.

"Fill your plates," my mom said. We all filled our plates and started eating. I glanced at Ryder, he seemed a lot more comfortable now.

When we were finished eating, I helped my mom clean up while the men watched the football game.

"I'm so glad that you met Ryder. He's such a nice young man and I'm sure he'll make a great father." I hugged my mom and started crying. "What's wrong, sweetie?"

"I really wish the baby was his..." I had never said this out loud before. I've still never done anything with Ryder, but I'm deeply in love with him. "I feel like it isn't fair to him... for him to help me raise a baby that isn't even his..."

"Sweetie, Ryder wants to help you. He loves you. I'm sure he will treat that baby as if it was his own, and when it's born, he'll be by your side. As soon as he holds that child, he'll love it forever."

I pulled away and she looked behind me. I turned around and saw Ryder. He seemed to be at a loss for words.

"I'll leave you two alone." My mom patted my back and left.

I looked down at my feet and felt him wrap his arms around me. "Sage..." I looked up at him and he wiped my tears. "I don't care whose it is. I will love the baby with all my heart." He kissed my forehead and whispered, "I love you, princess." My stomach swarmed with butterflies.

"I love you too..."

———————

A/N: It's been awhile. I've been struggling a lot lately. At the end of June I went through a break up and since then I've been really depressed. I was really in love with him and it's been hard ever since. Not to mention that I start college on the 26th (tomorrow).

I'm starting to do better but I hope everyone can understand. I was so happy once I finished this chapter. I'm not sure if it's that good, but I have a lot on my mind.

Please let me know if you enjoyed the chapter!

Like. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 88.7K 40
β€§β‚Š ❁ΫͺΫͺཻུ.;:ΰ­­Μ₯. 𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 π‹πŽπ•π„ π’π“πŽπ‘π˜ ...
1.9M 59.1K 51
[Highest Ranking - #5 in Teen Fiction] [Highest Ranking - #1 in Teen Pregnancy] PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Best Mistake" "She almost couldn't read out...
130K 2.6K 36
**DISCONTINUED** kaycei finds out that she's pregnant by her supposedly "bestfriend" . what will happen between the two ? will it remain the same or...
6K 76 28
LANGUAGE AND SOME SEXUAL CONTENT! 15 year old Mia Link is new to the idea of love. So when 17 year old Aatto King comes into her life and shows her w...