Love? In This Chaos!?

By Live_Till_It_Hurts

Two boys, one girl. And she has to choose one. This was supposed to be her biggest problem. And yet, here... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Update
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 35

386 50 13
By Live_Till_It_Hurts

Back with another chapter. Hope you like.

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 35 - Secrets

Riya and the man kept looking at each other in shock, neither expecting the other.

Finally Riya fiund her voice first. "Vi-Vivek? Vivek!?"

Vivek swallowed and nodded slowly. "Hello, Riya."

"Vivek you..."

"Yes, Riya?"

Riya could not believe what she was seeing. She could see a creepy mask and a knife near the basin behind him. "Vi-Vivek..."

Vivek rolled his eyes "Ri-Riya?" He crossed his arms."Yes, Vivek is my name. Are we going to do this the entire night?"

"But what is all this!?"

"I came to scare Ricky, alright? He wouldn't admit the truth. So I thought I would scare him enough so that he admits the truth. If I'd known Masi was already arrested, I need not go through so much trouble." he snarled.

"I don't believe its just that." Riya narrowed her eye an at him. "You never looked this shady."

"Eh?"

She looked at him in suspicion. "You act all goody-two-shoes, like a nice guy who can't even harm an ant! Yet, here you are scaring off Ricky? And that too pretty badly. The guy was shaking like a leaf when they arrested him!"

"Hahaha..Yea, I'm awesome like that."

"It wasn't a compliment!" She came near and pointed a finger at him. "It looks like this isn't the first time you did something like this. This is another side you hide from everyone, isn't it?!"

"It's not that..." he tried to lie. However, his tiny voice only affirmed her doubts.

"Tell. Me. The. Truth. Now!" she shouted, exaggerating each and every word.

Vivek sighed. 'She's being so annoying!' he raised his hands in a peace motion. "Look Riya. I have to present my project for tomorrow's inter-college competition. I also have to recheck it once. On top of that, I need to make sure my lazy partner doesn't mess up tomorrow."

"Don't change the topic!"

"You need a good night's rest for tomorrow as well. You have to perform with Swara, no?"

"Yeah, but th-"

"So lets make a deal." Vivek put forward his hand. "I'll tell you everything after the Fest is over. In exchange, you'll leave the topic now and not tell this to anyone until I tell you everything. Deal?"

Riya kept glaring at him but he refused to look away. He stood his ground. 

At last, she relented, much to his glee.

"Fine! But you will tell me the truth then! No matter what." threatening him with a glare, she turned around and left.

Vivek let out a breath of relief once she left. "So annoying."

#Next day, Mount College#

The program schedule for the College Fest was divided equally. First half for the science and techno-cultural competitions, while the rest of the day was for the singers and the dancers.

The science competitions went well, without any mishap or trickery. Karan and Kriti won, which came as a surprise to no one. Their project was amazing an hence, it was expected.

However, that didn't mean that Karan was celebrating. He was busy in the computer lab, trying to find out more details about the 'Pratap' title and its relation with the Maheshwaris. Currently, he was sitting in front of the monitor, waiting for it to load the files that he had hacked from the Principal's office. However, they did not contain anything important. In frustration, he threw the water bottle near him. "Damn it! How do I solve this?!"

Ansh had been searching for his best friend to congratulate him on his win. However, he couldn't find him anywhere. As he was passing the corridor, he heard a crash, followed by someone shouting 'damn it'. He followed the sound and found Karan sitting in the computer room. 'What's he doing here? I thought he would be celebrating right now. But wh-'

Suddenly, there was a loud announcement.

"Next is the performance you've all been waiting for! Its our own rockstar, winner of hearts, soul of Mount College, Sanskaaaaarr Maheshwari! Along with the beautiful! Mesmerizing! Melodious! Saaraaa Maheshwari!"

"Its Saara's performance. I promised Saara I won't miss it." Ansh mumbled to himself. Although he wanted Stop find out more, he left for the auditorium

#Auditorium, back stage#

"So it's the big day. All the best!"

Sanskar and Saara looked up at Ragini.

"Thanks Ragini." Saara smiled and left for the stage.

"Thanks." Sanskar simply nodded.

"No smart remark?"

"What's with you women? You chose us for being jerks, and question us when we're polite?!"

Ragini chuckled. "Aww...why so angry? Are you nervous?"

"Sanskar Maheshwari doesn't do nervous!" he defended. To Ragini, his angry expression almost looked like a pout. 'Aww...cute!'

"Hahaha...okay okay. Do your best!"

Sanskar straightened up and smirked. "That trophy shall be mine." his smirk flattered as a thought crossed his mind. 'But the greatest achievement for me is your love Ragini. But I have to give you up for Ansh.'

"Good luck once more!" Ragini shouted, rushing to take her seat amidst the audience.

Elseweher, in the entrance of the auditorium, the person of Sanskar's thoughts rushed in.

Ansh reached just when Saara was about to begin her song. 'Thank goodness! Or else, Saara would have my head.'

He found Samay and Nikhil standing near the entrance. "Hey guys! Didn't expect to see you both here."

Samay nodded at him in greeting and pointed at Nikhil. "We didn't want to come, but Shramishtha Aunty sent us with Ragini, in case she worsens her injuries somehow. You know how over-protective Aunty can be."

Ansh had to stop himself from snorting. 'Look who's talking. I still remember his grip on my collar from that day. I would have choked on my spit if he had held longer. That too just because I was talking to Ragini alone!' Ansh shivered. He turned to greet Nikhil. "Nikhil, do yo-" however, he paused seeing Nikhil's state.

Nikhil was swaying his body with the song, with a goofy smile on his face. It was as if he was in his own dreamland.

"Saara. Oh Saara! Just when I thought I couldn't fall anymore, you made me fall deeper into your love with your voice." he sing-sang.

Ansh looked at him, wide eyed. Very slowly, he turned to Samay. "That did not just happen."

Samay sighed. "Forget my idiotic brother. Go talk to Ragini. She might like your company."

Ansh simply nodded, still in shock, and moved inside.

#With Ragini#

Ragini watched Sanskar and Saara's performance with a smile on her face. Although she didn't know why, but she could tell that there was a change in Saara's behaviour towards Sanskar. 'Whatever it may be, its for the best.'

She felt someone come and sit beside her. She smiled at the newcomer. "Hey Ansh."

"Hi ya Gini. How are you now?" Ansh asked with a smile.

"I'm not back to 100%, but its still a work in progress." It took a moment for Ragini to realize what he had just called her. "Gini?"

"Yep! I always wanted a female best friend whom I could nickname. I tried naming Saara once. I still remember the hit to my head. She threw a bottle at me!"

Ragini laughed. "Okay okay. You can call me Gini. But if anyone else calls me that tacky name, I'll hit you!"

"As if I would let them. I would beat them up if they dare call my Gini with that name!"

They high-fived each other with a chuckle and looked towards the stage. Saara and Sanskar were indeed doing great. The crowd was roaring for them!

Ansh smiled and felt contentment in his heart. He had expressed his feelings and although it didn't turn out the way he wanted, he and Ragini became much closer then before as best friends. Moreover, he believed that Akash had warned him of Mansi and Ricky trying to harm Ragini. Since they were now behind bars, he need not worry anymore.

Only if he knew the truth.

He heard Ragini sigh. "Something wrong, Gini?"

Ragini shook her head. "Nothing's wrong. I was just thinking of all the things that happened in my life after I came to Mount College. Never could I have imagined so much could happen in such a little time. Meeting amazing people like you, Kriti. Then being poisoned, becoming enemies with the popular rockstar Sanskar and turning friends with him later...its quite hard to believe."

Ansh smirked. "This college is a Maheshwari establishment. Of course its not like the boring college you came from. I bet you left your college because it had nothing interesting to offer."

Ragini glared at him in irritation.

"Hey, watch it. my college was great! Its because I-" Ragini paused. 'Should I tell him that I came to watch over Swara as her life was in danger? Can I trust him that much?'

Ansh noticed her sudden change. "Is it a secret you can't tell me? Like when you asked me to search into Akash Pratap's bio? Its okay if you don't want to tell me. If you want to keep it secr-"

"No Ansh. You are my best friend and I trust you. I couldn't share that other secret because it was not mine to reveal. However, this I can tell you." She took a deep breath and told him about her arrival at the college.

By the time she was done, Ansh was shocked speechless. "So..so Swara is being targeted by someone and they have men inside the college campus as well?"

Ragini nodded. "But at least now, she has a boyfriend. Laksh would let no harm come to her. I was thinking of telling this secret to him as well."

From the corner of his eyes, Ansh spotted Kriti pulling an irritated Vivek. 'They're heading for the computer lab. Karan's there, isn't he? Come to think of it, these three seem to be sticking close these days. Hmm.. Must find out.' with this goal in mind, Ansh uttered a quick 'bye' to Ragini and walked off. 

Ragini was confused as to why he left so suddenly. 'Maybe he remembered something important.'

She shrugged and turned towards the stage. Sanskar was playing the guitar with full concentration. Suddenly, he looked at her, while Saara sang in the background.

" 🎶 You're the light, you're the night
You're the color of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much 🎶 "

As Ragini kept looking into his eyes, she could feel an unknown pull towards him. She felt as if they only existed in the entire room. His eyes seemed to long for her. They were filled with so much emotions. But she could read one emotion clearly, as she felt the same thing about him.

" 🎶 Love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, ta-ta-touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?
Daa-raa... 🎶 "

Saara finished and put away the mike. The host came on the stage. "That was amazing. Now Sanskar will give his solo performance." At once, loud squeals broke out in the auditorium.

"Ragini, how did I do?" Saara asked, once she was near Ragini. "I didn't mess up, did I?"

"You were amazing Saara. I can't put it into words how amazing you were!" Ragini told her and turned to listen to Sanskar sing.

" 🎶 When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing, just the way you are...
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing, just the way you are... 🎶 "

Ragini blushed as he was looking directly at her. Peering into his eyes, she could identify the unnamed emotion. After all, she felt the same.

One thing was sure to her.

It was that he did love her. And she loved him back. Only thing left was now for them to confess. And she couldn't be more happy about it!

Ragini was broken out of her thoughts by Saara. "Hey, did you see Ansh bhai?"

"Oh, he was right here. He went out just a few minutes ago."

Saara made an angry face. "He promised to watch my performance! Let me have a word with him." she spoke, cracking her knuckles and stormed towards the exit.

Ragini chuckled and turned to the stage. It seemed Sanskar had already started his next song. Coincidentally, their eyes met again. Only then did she pay proper attention to the lyrics he was singing.

" 🎶 'Cause there'll be no sunlight, if I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies, if I lose you, baby
Just like the clouds, my eyes will do the same,
If you walk away, everyday it will rain, rain, rai-aa-ain... 🎶 "

She could see an unknown pain in his eyes. She couldn't understand what might be causing him so much hurt. 'Why do you seem so broken? Just...why?'

Once the song ended, he abruptly got up and went away, not waiting to acknowledge the crowd cheering for him. 

'I have to find out what happened.' Ragini got up and followed him outside the exit. She rushed to get to him. However, she couldn't reach him before drove off in his bike.

"Damn!"

"Hey, what are you doing outside? Get inside the campus, now!" shouted Prasanth, as he came from behind her.

Prasanth was still doing his duty of watching over Ragini. Samay and Nikhil had told him that he can leave it to them now that they were staying with the Gadodias. However, he wanted to help them as he considered them as his good friends. He would never admit it to their faces, but the two brothers kind of grew on him. 'Although I won't mind punching them for their smart mouths once in a while.'

"Sir! Sir please! You need to help me. Please drop me at Sanskar's apratment."

Prasanth looked at her in disbelief "You do realize you are talking to your teacher, don't you?"

Oh, she knew alright. But desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Please! Lets go, its extremely important! Pleaseeeee sir!?"

"Geesh! Stop shouting! You'll give me a heart attack. I'll take you alright? Let me get my car."

"Thank you so much!"

"Stop shouting!"

"Well, you're shouting as well by the way."

"You want my help or not?"

"Zipppppp." Ragini made a zipping motion across her lips to pacify him. 

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

If you like this chapter, please consider giving your vote. Thanks!
~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Songs were -

🎶 Love me like you do (Saara) - Ellie Goulding

🎶 Just  the way you are (Sanskar) - Bruno Mars

🎶 It will rain (Sanskar) - Bruno Mars.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 1.5K 13
What if the seeds of the storm that you have sown now threaten to wreak havoc in the life of the person you care about the most? Can you find the str...
116K 4.3K 21
The story begins from the part where ragini becomes the owner of the entire Maheshwari empire making the people of the house her servants . But this...
11.8K 565 9
"You didn't kill her Sanskar. It was an accident. " Sujata says as she placed her hand on Sanskar's shoulder. "One year Sanskar, one year, she is gon...
21.1K 1.2K 6
In every story bad boy protects good girl but ..... What happens when roles are reversed When a nerd meets a badass things change......