Chapter 9

Good evening! 🌸

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations.

Chapter 9 - Family

Ragini thrashed around in the water, trying to stay afloat. She tried to hold her breath, but it was becoming impossible due to how much she was panicking.

"Help! *gasp* Som-me*cough*o-o-one! Hel-" she went down the water again and she tried to bring her face above the water. However, she could feel the exhaustion setting in.

Ragini knew that if no one came to save her soon, she would drown. She could barely open her eyes amidst the water. She tried to look around if anyone was coming to save her. But there was no one.

Faces of her sister, Swara and her mother, Shramishtha, her two cousins, who were almost like her own brothers - Samay and Nikhil- flashed in her memory. All the happy moments of her life along with them passed through her mind.

'Is this my end? Is this the way I die? Maa, I'm sorry I'm about to leave you. I'm so sorry.' she closed her eyes in despair, waiting for the end.

"Ragini!"

Her eyes flew open when she heard someone call her name. She looked up in hope that someone came to save her.

 She looked up in hope that someone came to save her

"Hang on! I'll get you out in a minute." Ragini heard Vivek speak as he jumped into the water, fully dressed.

Ragini could feel her tears surface. Vivek was coming to save her. Someone would save her. She won't die yet!

Now, with the new hope of survival, she tried to keep afloat till he reaches her.

#Canteen#

Sanskar sipped his bottle of coke while thinking about the events from earlier. 'How could I be so careless? How could I let her see the photo!?' he focused his anger on Ragini. 'And that ignorant girl! How dare she go through my things? I never gave her the permission to touch my things. Why did she try to interfere with matters that doesn't concern her? If this keeps on happening, then...' Sanskar looked distraught.

He shook his head to clear his mind. 'Stop thinking about her Sanky! It will only ruin your mood.' he decided to think about his next song in order to distract himself.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw Swara and Kriti enter the canteen.

"That's amazing Kriti! I can't believe you're working with Karan!"